• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Matthews Smashers 2019 Tournament!!!

Matthews Smashers 2019 Tournament!!!
Posted by tanookigamer01
9808 Northeast Pkwy, Matthews, NC 28105
Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 07:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
MATTHEWS SMASHERS
“CRAZY 8”
TOURNAMENTS
ARE BACK ON THE SCENE FOR SOME MORE FUN!!!!!

9808 Northeast Pkwy, Matthews, NC 28105

Thanks to everyone who came to our last tournament! We had a great turnout and it was a blast!!!!
We can't wait to see ya'll again at the next one!

+++TOURNAMENT DETAILS+++

Saturday, January 12th, 2019
The Start of Registration and Warmups: 11:00AM

***Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney*** (Brackets will be seeded by local tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!)

Start times:
Project M Singles at 12:00
Melee Singles (3.5) at 2:00
Smash Ultimate Singles at 3:00

(All above tournaments are double elimination!)

Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
(This fee is to get you inside the venue...it is not the $8.00 per tournament you enter)

We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Smash Ultimate Setups consisting of: A Switch, Switch dock (with wiring), GameCube adapter, and a copy of Smash Ultimate (with all characters unlocked).
No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will gain free entry into the venue. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00

This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, PM, and/or Smash Ultimate) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

Venue Guidelines:

1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct

2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity

3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances

4. No Spamming/Stalling

5. No ear-side coaching During the game

6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment

7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game

8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:

Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility

Hungry?

There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!
All snacks/drinks are $1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash Ultimate, Melee, or PM bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset

4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:

Yoshi's Story

Dream Land

Fountain of Dreams

Final Destination

Battlefield

Counter-Pick:

Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset

Version 3.6

4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Finals are best of 5)

Items off, input buffer off

Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match

No Giga Bowser

NO Wario-Man

Smash Ultimate Ruleset:

3 Stock, 7 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:

Final Destination

Fountain of dreams (melee)

Battlefield

Smashville

Counter Picks:

Kongo Jungle (melee) (NO HAZARDS)

Pokemon Stadium 2 (NO HAZARDS)

(Due to the newness of Smash Ultimate, the ruleset is subject to change for this and future tournaments)

IMPORTANT:
**All wireless remotes MUST be turned off
after each set you play or you will be DQ'd.**

Put the date on your calendar, you don't want to miss this!!

I'M REALLY FEELING IT..........Are YOU??

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and YOUR FRIENDS AT THE

MATTHEWS SMASHERS

C

R

A

Z

Y

FIRST 2019 TOURNAMENT ON

January 12th, 2019

UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!

To Contact:
PM us on Smashboards!!!

ChickenLeg

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this and would love to watch but can't make it there. Will you be live streaming? If so, where?

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to this and would love to watch but can't make it there. Will you be live streaming? If so, where?
Sorry that you can't make it! We'd love to have you!
We WILL have streaming, it will be Twitch for Ultimate and Melee, and YouTube for Project M!

MeleeMarusu

Smash Rookie
Hey, I love this place and the venue owners, But I Probably wont be attending this next one or future ones due to the Unprofessionalism of the T.O of the last one, (Ignis, Not Tanooki Gamer) After I beat him in Doubles, he stood up, angry and told me to " Money Match Him Right ****ing Now" Because the match was "****ing Bull****"

While he heckled me and my teammate throughout the match. Any Tournament with a TO like that I dont want to be a part of

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I love this place and the venue owners, But I Probably wont be attending this next one or future ones due to the Unprofessionalism of the T.O of the last one, (Ignis, Not Tanooki Gamer) After I beat him in Doubles, he stood up, angry and told me to " Money Match Him Right ****ing Now" Because the match was "****ing Bull****"

While he heckled me and my teammate throughout the match. Any Tournament with a TO like that I dont want to be a part of
Hello MeleeMarusu,
I am deeply sorry for the experience that you had at our tournament. We strive to host and run the best and most efficient venue that we possibly can, and we are once again deeply sorry for your experience. I have talked this situation over with Ignis, and it has been remedied. We truly hope that you reconsider joining us for our next tournament this weekend! I am sure you will have a great experience!

MeleeMarusu

Smash Rookie
Hey, I love this place and the venue owners, But I probably will continue to enjoy myself at the next tourney and future ones due to people not being toxic and untruthful, unless we're talking about this guy named MeleeMarusu. He made another player (Ignis) SD after he paused the game, because his partners controller wasn't functioning properly. Such unprofessionalism. No wonder he challenged him to a money match since he is clearly better, but stock disadvantage can make a difference. And another thing. He never swore. MeleeMarusu doesn't know what "truth" is. "Heckled" is overexagerating. Any tournament with a toxic player like that, is a player I don't want to interact with. Good day.

If A Stock Disadvantage is the only reason for the Win, We would have only won one game, Not the set

Game two, He kept repeating that "Game one was bull****" over and over

When someone pauses, for Whatever reason, the opposing team may deem that stock forfeit, We even clarified with another T.O after the situation

Me and Ignis dont even specialize in the same game, we are both better than each other in our respective games, I fail to see your point with that one, when he asked me to MM in Project M, but not melee

Top Bottom