• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup tip thread!

Muckduck92

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

What's a matchup that you're having trouble with? Do you have any tips or specific gameplans going into battle with certain characters? Come ask questions, give tips etc.

For me I can't stand the Sheik matchup. Any good tips for that matchup?

20thMain

Smash Rookie
I'll post any matchup tips here when I think of them, but for now:

Vs. Pichu: The most important thing, avoid being directly behind pichu. Pichu's Bair is pretty much the combo starter equivalent of peach's Dtilt only that pichu has far more range to freestyle combos on the fly at different % where peach you have to pretty much know what strings to do at each %(Pichu's highest % dmg combos are confirm on peach's weight class)

Last edited:

RawKTTV

Smash Rookie
Need help with Inkling that match up is very annoying because Inkling can punish a lot of peach pressure with Up Smash and Inkling recovery is too good

20thMain

Smash Rookie
Need help with Inkling that match up is very annoying because Inkling can punish a lot of peach pressure with Up Smash and Inkling recovery is too good
I've always done my best against them by always having a turnip in hand. Do what you can off of that turnip when approaching then pull away to grab another one. Be patient. I've found Peach's UpSmash to work great against Inkling

Inkling's recovery is fast and difficult to hit while in animation, but not impossible. The plus side is that they want to snap onto the ledge nearly every time, so you know where to set up. Peach's Nair has a lingering hitbox, if you can float in front of the ledge and throw out nair at the right time it should catch them. A falling Uair (this one is easy to SD so dont fastfall and make sure you have a 2nd jump, but if you're close enough to get hit with the start of their UpB while using peach's Uair you might be able to spike them, I know this works against fox/Falco) should also catch them as well as a Bair. Depending on the situation these can hit inkling into a turnip, if thrown into the air before hand.

Last edited:

20thMain

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any advice on playing against Dedede and Bowser?

20thMain

Smash Rookie
I'll post any matchup tips here when I think of them, but for now:

Vs. Pichu: The most important thing, avoid being directly behind pichu. Pichu's Bair is pretty much the combo starter equivalent of peach's Dtilt only that pichu has far more range to freestyle combos on the fly at different % where peach you have to pretty much know what strings to do at each %(Pichu's highest % dmg combos are confirm on peach's weight class)
Vs. Shiek: Use your Float cancel aerial's, tilts, and turnips. Shiek will punish as much landing lag as possible.
1. Her main kill move is DownB.Playing around in training mode helped me figure out the range for it. Once you see you're caught in range, after being combo'd, throwing out Peach's counter can catch them in the right situation
2. Get Gud with FCnair. Shiek uses a lot of tilts/dash attacks. Running into an already open hitbox can shut her up.
3. Shiek's Fair was nerfed and is garbage against anyone below her. The hitbox for her fair is basically horizontal. Peach's Utilt and sidetilt will catch her

RawKTTV

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any advice on playing against Dedede and Bowser?
Thanks for the info

Against those two I alway have Turnips in hand at all times/ you can also punish dedede side B with toad it will send it back at him. You want to float over their head and apply pressure with dair and float away if they shield or roll. Peach bomber is great for punishing Bowser Down B and Dedede Up B. Basically throw a lot of hitboxes from above their head as their utilts are slow and easy to beat out

Top Bottom