• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread Directory

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
No, the DK thread's been up for a while, but it hasn't gotten any discussion yet. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321873 Eagle was probably waiting for a bit more on that one before gathering votes for a different character. And of course people can discuss previous mu threads all they like.

But maybe the voting system isn't working as well as we'd hoped. We could always just go down (or up) the list in order.
I was originally doing that, but then I basically 100% quit this game, and it doesn't really make sense for me to lead the discussion if I don't really pay attention anymore.

Also, the voting thing would work if there were more people frequently posting, but it's not particularly the case.

Neon!

Smash Lord
No, the DK thread's been up for a while, but it hasn't gotten any discussion yet. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321873 Eagle was probably waiting for a bit more on that one before gathering votes for a different character. And of course people can discuss previous mu threads all they like.

But maybe the voting system isn't working as well as we'd hoped. We could always just go down (or up) the list in order.
Oddly enough I found this by namesearching lol.

I'd be glad to contribute if yall are still discussing the matchup. It really depends on the DK's proficiency at getting the grab and completing the infinite. If DK is good at both of these I could see the matchup as potentially being -3 for ness.

Edit: just now saw the DK v ness thread lol

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Turns out that we need to get this going again PLEASE.... I need as many matchup discussions as possible, because I just do not know my weaknesses and advantages for many characters. I'll pay $500 (Not really... But what if... That would be awesome, right?) to the person who explains every single Ness matchup to me.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Alright. Turns out that we need to get this going again PLEASE.... I need as many matchup discussions as possible, because I just do not know my weaknesses and advantages for many characters. I'll pay $500 (Not really... But what if... That would be awesome, right?) to the person who explains every single Ness matchup to me.
We could continue the matchup thread export idea, I'm just unsure about how effective it is right now... Looking at the previous 4, 3 of them got no more than 8 posts of discussion.

Maybe we should just use this thread as a general hub for people to talk about whatever mu problems arise? Instead of trying to vote and go through all of them again with individual threads. (Or we could do both if people really want keep the separate threads going.)

I think it's a bit easier for us to help you by understanding what you're having trouble with at the moment. "Explain every matchup to me" might not help much until we zero in on a specific problem you're trying to overcome.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I thought there used to be a big thread that had all the MU info? Or at least a whole lot of it. What happened to that?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
personally i think separate threads is better, and having a thread that links to all of them is ideal

if we were to have 1 thread, people returning or first coming to the ness boards might be looking for help with a specific MU but we might be talking about another MU, and having separate threads makes sure no MU discussion gets derailed, and MU info remains easy to find

even a thread with only a few posts is easier than navigating one thread with posts on every mu!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yeah, sorry guys, but I've almost completely 100% moved away from smash. If anyone wants to take over this thread, they can, but I certainly won't push anything along, regardless of how much I may or may not know about Ness.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Changed the OP a bit, hope you don't mind Eagle.

We can start doing weekly threads each Monday then since it seems people want to keep these going. We'll start at the top of the tier list and go downward for the time being. But if people really want to return to the voting system, I can add a poll to each week's mu thread, and people can vote on the character they'd like to discuss on the following Monday.

Meta Knight thread is up, so people can start discussing whenever they're ready. Each character's thread will be added to this directory on Sunday, before a new discussion begins the following day.

Ness 682

Smash Apprentice
I want to discuss about the matters of Snake a lot :p I cannot approach, I cannot grab, I get camped like crazy, its tough :(

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I want to discuss about the matters of Snake a lot :p I cannot approach, I cannot grab, I get camped like crazy, its tough :(
This MU is my most hated with Ness.
I switch to Lucas, because Ness can't space or camp as well (and I find gimping with him harder as it relies on dairs/nairs/fairs which are beaten by Snakes Nair or Bair, and fair does nothing to Snake's cipher :(.
Camping is hard, because FH PKF can be punished with a dash attack, and approaching leads to a shield grab -> Ftilt which is ~35% (OP). YOU HAVE TO LEARN to SDI the Ftilt behind Snake and then grab him or aerial him.
This can be taken advantage of, however, because you can bait the grab release, DI into Snake, and then SDI the first Ftilt behind him and then grab him or bair/nair him off stage and then gimp. Pretty hard to pull of, you gotta quarter-stick SDI to be quick enough.

Other than that strategy, you can camp him if you can tail-whip the grenades before they hit you and then PKT Snake. This is almost impossible though, don't try it unless its a friendly and you're practising.

You can PSI Magnet him when he uses down-b off stage to recover to gimp him.

Try and bait airdodges from Snake out of his cipher and punish the airdodge with a dair.

Fthrow is amazing for getting Snake off the ledge, but if you can grab release him off the ledge try for that, and then quickly grab the ledge for invulnerability frames and punish him as he jumps up/ciphers.

Do not focus your game on spacing fairs onto Snakes shield, he can punish it easily with an utilt/ftilt. try and catch him off guard, but dont always go for a spacing game. your mindset will be patient for this MU, as you have to wait for Snake to screw up and then punish that as best you can. Don't let him land ever; get him offstage without a jump and win.

Top Bottom