• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup re-discussions

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Gheb pretty much said what I've been thinking for a while

We discuss alot of stuff but is anyone active enough to try to implement any of this stuff? Or any players that actually play try to implement this when they play?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I agree. I'm still trying to solidify my own fundamentals vs MK so it's difficult for me to put too much into practice right now, and even then I haven't been to a tournament since APEX so it's mostly just local play against False (who's still quite good, but then it can become PvP instead of character vs character). But I'm still trying out as much as I can vs the character, and training with False 2-3 days a week until I can really figure out what I'm doing.

For example, I tried doing JJ's sequence, but since I was still ass vs MK and ended up tunneling for it I would just get bodied all the time and thus didn't end up with any concrete results on how effective such a sequence is. Once I can figure out when I'm actually in a position to do such things to MK, I'll try it again and hopefully get some results on how effective it is.

:059:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
...am I the most active wolf now? I mean, I've been to like 5 tournaments the last 3 months and I have 1 this weekend.

I do try some stuff vs the players, I'm gonna try the SDI up tornado stuff in KS this weekend, assuming I run into an MK this time (because I shouldn't have to play vs Mr. Doom unless I make it far into bracket since we SHOULD be doing this by who has played who in the circuit.)

The only time I get to play vs an MK basically is OOS since I don't consider anyone in NE as a good MK, with Tyser's being aightyo, but point is trying stuff out vs them isn't going to do me or yall any justice.

Top Bottom