• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Export: King Dedede

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, just for the sake of completeness for the op, put up a list of things to look out for, guys.

D

Deleted member

We also need to come to an agreement on a number for the sake of the Lucas Boards MU Spread.

D

Deleted member

...Giving 2 numbers doesn't help much. Give one number that's your honest impression of the MU.

-2 for me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
-3 for the match up.

As for things to watch out for:

Grab
[collapse=Grab]Obviously D3 has great grab range and you'll eventually get grabbed. Making sure to avoid being grabbed is probably one of the biggest parts about playing this MU. Know your range on your attacks and play it safe. If you do get grabbed, here's what will happen. D-throw. His D-throw chaingrabs at all percents and puts you at the edge. Not good.
However, if he does a D-throw, this does not mean he will always try to chaingrab you. Sometimes he'll try to attack you out of it, expecting you do dodge. Instinctively, people try to spotdodge, in case D3 messes up the CG. However, you should assume that they can do it (since it's easy) and you should try to expect whatever he may do. If he reads your spotdodge, you may get dash attacked (welp) he can also read your rolls and punish. Mix up how you dodge out of it, even if it means he can grab you again (it's only just a little more damage, rather than a stock :p)[/collapse]

F-Tilt
[collapse=F-Tilt]D3's F-tilt has enormous range. It outspaces pretty much everything Lucas has on the ground. It's not necessarily bad to get hit by, but it helps reset the situation for D3. It also makes it really hard for Lucas to try to zone D3 on the ground, since he can usually f-tilt us.[/collapse]

B-Air
[collapse=B-Air]D3's b-air beats practically everything we have in the air. It's fast, kills and flat out outranges anything Lucas can throw at it (with the exception of PK Fire). Know the range of B-air and stay outside of it's range when his back is facing towards you. You'll typically have enough air mobility to get out of it's range. Just don't get greedy or you'll be eating a powerful b-air.[/collapse]

U-Tilt
[collapse=U-Tilt]D3's Utilt has great kill power, which is terrible for us. It has great priority and even has some invincibility! It's not terribly hard to avoid u-tilt, you just have to avoid landing towards him, since our air mobility will get us out of a lot of the u-tilt traps.[/collapse]

D-Air
[collapse=D-Air]I put D-Air in here because it's another good kill move for D3. A rising D-Air is a great way for D3 to punish things. The last hit of his D-air can kill, so you have to SDI out of the D-air (to the sides) to avoid the last hit. If you avoid the last hit, you'll be fine.[/collapse]

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
cross-up the landings when Neutral-Airing or even Up-Airing; never Down-Air on shield, and even with a well-spaced forward air, if you don't get the auto-cancel, you're grabbed. Good point on PK Fire, but it's a good bait; and our game is actually really good against Dedede. We should never get Up-tilted on ground because our jab serves as an interrupt, and even if we're spaced with the forward-tilt, our goal is to bait it, perfect shield, and then neutral-air OOS or forward-air OOS for the punish.

Don't let the ****er land without getting punished.

D

Deleted member

Just put it as -2.5

That sounds fair and adequate.
Yeah, but with how the BBR doesn't have any in-between numbers in their chart, is that the best idea? I mean, it would make more sense to do it that way seeing as half the boards think it could go either -2 or -3.

Would the BBR approve of .5 numbers? That's my main concern.

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
.5s don't work, or any decimal.

The reason, in my opinion, is that we needed to define strict numbers for each MU. Otherwise we get picky with the decimals and then ask, nah this is more like a -2.3 not a -2.6, or something.

IMO based on what I read, go with a -2 to be safe.

D

Deleted member

The reason, in my opinion, is that we needed to define strict numbers for each MU. Otherwise we get picky with the decimals and then ask, nah this is more like a -2.3 not a -2.6, or something.

Thanks for the help. :)

Edit: I'll work on getting everything posted up in the OP during the week. Got an exam on Friday, so it will probably be up that evening. Then we'll get started on the next MU export.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

What are you doing here? :mad088: Correcting my faulty logic with your awesome logic for once RR?

*kick*

KoozyK

Smash Ace
its nega 3 IMO then.
cause a smart ddd will kill us as soon as we're off stage (we have to mindgame to get back on) with bair. or fair and will float back on stage in that goofy penguin way. and we forgot to talk bout d3suicide.

closes this baby up Auspher :)

D

Deleted member

Er...with how torn the boards are on it, I'm just leaving the number to BBR folk. It's looking like -2.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This thread is being locked since the maker Auspher would like it locked until DDD becomes an important topic again and I agree with this so this will be shut since it is finished, if any other DDD advice is needed please consult the MU Directory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom