• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Discussion: Bayonetta

Nubby

Smash Cadet
I've lately been losing against Bayonetta as Mario recently and I'm not used to the MU because I don't face alot of Bayonetta players. Mind giving any advice for what Mario should be doing in the matchup?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I haven't played against much Bayo in Ultimate, so my knowledge of the matchup is limited.

But basically, Bayo still has her solid combos like in Sm4sh but it's not overpowered anymore. Witch time is more limited and bat within isn't nearly as reliable anymore. Her KO power got harshly nerfed as well. When I DO play against Bayo in this game, I still look out for witch time and bat within because they can get her out of tough spots. But, this matchup is easier for Mario in this game than in Sm4sh. She's easier to combo in this game, and that caters to his strength of being a slightly fast, combo character.

At higher percents, watch out for her back air. From what I've seen at even local tournament level, Bayos love using back air to KO because it's what is available to them. If you're at a higher percent, space properly against her back air. You also want to space wisely in general and counter attack well in general since Bayo outranges Mario.

But, overall I think Mario has a slight advantage in this matchup. 55-45 perhaps. Her specials are not nearly as good as they used to be, and Mario will have a much easier time KOing Bayo than Bayo will have KOing Mario.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom