• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Advice

porfiry

Smash Rookie
NNID
superiorundrlng
3DS FC
2277-7743-2903
Hey guys,

So I've been looking around and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for the Roy/Wario matchup. I'm a fairly new Roy main. I can occasionally beat a friend of mine except when he plays Wario. I feel like I'm missing something about how this matchup should be played. It seems like Wario is really hard to combo due to how floaty he is, but he can absolutely wreck Roy.

It could just be my overall inexperience but if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Rahma Noodles

Smash Rookie
Forward tilts are very good, don't get too comfortable using Roy’s down tilt so much because Wario has very good aerial game and can punish it very hard. Roy down air is a good set up / combo starter. Wario got a hand full of mix ups in his recovery, I suggest grabbing the ledge and take advantage of ledge invisibility. Personally, my combo game isn’t good, but my strength is constantly winning the neutral game to keep racking up damage. Of course, having a combo game helps, but polishing up your strengths that you already have can make results too, it might even cover your weakness

Top Bottom