• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchmaking Service - Anther's Ladder (Smash Ladder)

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Hey everyone! =D

I found a great site to play Smash and chat! It's called Anther's Ladder or Smash Ladder. I found it through Reddit. Here is the link. I haven't posted ten times yet so I can't post a link but either google it, or write smashladder.com.

It's really fantastic. You can play friendlies or ranked matches. The site records your matches and if you play ranked it records your rank depending on your win loss ratio. I love how you can chat via text with your opponent. I've found some people aren't that friendly though and if you have problems you can PM a moderator. I did meet one really nice person though! =D You also get to rate your opponent after the match. Rate your connection and how respectful, polite and fun they were.

It took me a little bit to figure out how to use it. After you create a username and password you'll find yourself in the chat room. On the right hand side it says PLAY! and under it it says FRIENDLIES and RANKED. Under FRIENDLIES and RANKED you'll see icons representing which Smash game the player wants to play and seconds which I think is the Ping and then their user name and location. Click either on the user name or on PLAY! If you click on the user name it gives you some options. You can message the player, play (accept their invitation to play), add friend, view match history etc. If you click on PLAY! you can choose which Smash game you want to play and then choose FRIENDLIES or FOR GLORY (Ranked). Then your user name and location will appear under the corresponding heading and voila! Between doing this and accepting the invitations that are already there you can get matches pretty consistently.

I really love Anther's Ladder. I'm so glad that I finally found a great match making service that promotes friendly competition. Happy Smashing! =D

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've seen that site a lot here since I've registered and there's one thing I don't understand and I don't want to register there just to find out: How do you play? Do you need to emulate something or what?

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
No emulation is necessary for Smash 3DS/Wii U! You write your NNID in your profile or you can exchange it quickly via the chat or messaging system! =D

abx

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks. And how does the ladder ensure that the results of ranked matches are true?

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
It's a trust based system. After each match the site asks you if you won or lost. There is a dispute option available if problems arise. Again, moderators can help when needed. = )

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Does anyone feel that this thread or another thread about Anther's Ladder (Smash Ladder), should be stickied or pinned? I would have found this to be very helpful the first time I came to the Wii U/3DS Online Discussion boards. If it's buried under a bunch of threads most people won't get a chance to see it.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Sorry to burst your bubble...
People have known about Anther's ladder for a while now.
It is not affiliated with Smashboards, so that is mostly why we do not see it stickied to the top of the forum.
But yes, it is a very good site for arranging matches with strong players on the level that you will find in tournaments. You will improve much more than just going pub stomping on For Glory.

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
It is not affiliated with Smashboards, so that is mostly why we do not see it stickied to the top of the forum.
That's a shame. May I ask why Anther's Ladder not being affiliated with Smash Boards makes it so it can't be stickied on the Wii U/3DS Online Discussion boards? The only reason I can think of is that if it were stickied to the top of the forum and it became popular, people would be using the Wii U/3DS Online Discussion boards a lot less and Anther's Ladder a lot more. Hmm... perhaps it doesn't help to foster the community here... I guess I understand. It's just a shame because I know there are people out there looking for such a great service and unfortunately don't find it. Some would say it's easy to find, but it took me a good hour or two to find it. I've owned the game since Christmas and I've been on Smash Boards for a while now and I didn't know about this until yesterday!

Top Bottom