• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up Tips

Nacho Cheese

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3116 4060 1355
I'm a :ultness:/:ultpalutena:/:ultfalco: main and i struggle a lot in this match up.

Anyone have any tips about neutral and recovering efficiently?

KenanTheFab

Smash Rookie
Ness should abuse his projectiles, especially when Arsene is out (Getting hit decreases Joker's Arsene time.), same goes for Falco and Palutena.

As for recoveries... I think Ness is in the ****ter here due to the usually long time he has to use to manoeuvre the lighting to launch, which gives joker plenty of time to use his absorb/counter or hit you with an aerial, bair being very deadly offstage. Your best bet would probably to pick someone else or bait him into using his counter frequently so you can begin a grab combo. (Be careful of early releases though as his counter can and will push you farther away if done right.)

Palutena is a bit more hopeful due to the teleportation, and has a lot of good ranged options to abuse, though if the Joker is reading you (absorbing a lot) then I suggest you go for Nair chains and close combat in general and especially grabs.

Falco is possibly the best off here. He has a reflector he can kick out and away from himself so you can send yeehaw eiga back at joker, and use the fast firing laser pistol to force joker to come up close and to drain Arsene. He also has great mobility. The only concern I have for Falco is his recovery, but if you can delay recovering a bit you may be able to stall until Joker is forced to grapple, or you can go for a hail mary and hope he spaces badly and gets stunned by the flames.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
Ness should abuse his projectiles, especially when Arsene is out (Getting hit decreases Joker's Arsene time.), same goes for Falco and Palutena.

As for recoveries... I think Ness is in the ****ter here due to the usually long time he has to use to manoeuvre the lighting to launch, which gives joker plenty of time to use his absorb/counter or hit you with an aerial, bair being very deadly offstage. Your best bet would probably to pick someone else or bait him into using his counter frequently so you can begin a grab combo. (Be careful of early releases though as his counter can and will push you farther away if done right.)

Palutena is a bit more hopeful due to the teleportation, and has a lot of good ranged options to abuse, though if the Joker is reading you (absorbing a lot) then I suggest you go for Nair chains and close combat in general and especially grabs.

Falco is possibly the best off here. He has a reflector he can kick out and away from himself so you can send yeehaw eiga back at joker, and use the fast firing laser pistol to force joker to come up close and to drain Arsene. He also has great mobility. The only concern I have for Falco is his recovery, but if you can delay recovering a bit you may be able to stall until Joker is forced to grapple, or you can go for a hail mary and hope he spaces badly and gets stunned by the flames.
Extra note: Just for Palutena I would be wary of her recovery as with Arsene it's easier to spike her recovery off ledge if you go too low.

I'd agree that Falco is probably the most favorable with laser pressure. Good to mixup when the Joker decides to counter them, get a lot more pressure and neutral advantage.

Top Bottom