• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match up time *King DEDEDE*

IrisKong

Smash Lord
As I was saying in the MU board, we need to get things going and try to be an active environment with the new tier list. We now have more motivation than ever to prove that pit is Legit. I am going to try my best to help with MU threads, try to post positive remarks. The way I am doing it is once a week i will post 3 seperate threads for different characters from different tiers. we are starting with a,b,c tier because MK is a tired discussion, first will be Snake, D3 and Tink, please help me out guys!

$KING DEDEDE$

Ok, D3 is a pretty good character, he can chaingrab alot of the cast and his wall of back airs can be a pain, but he is a huge target for arrows and we can juggle him with Nairs and Uairs.

Pit pros/cons?

DeDeDe pros/cons

Stages to strike/ban?

lets go guys, VICTORY CAN BE OURS!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Well lets see...

We can Chain grab him up to 40%. He can just plain chaingrab us to the edge. Our grab range/safety is a joke compared to his as well. I believe the window for chaingrabbing Pit is small compared to most characters, so if they arnt doing it near perfect, you could get out (dont count on it.) Was It WoI that could help you break out? Don't remember...

Pit out camp him, so feel free to spam him with arrows.

He out ranges us in melee by... a lot. If he gets you up close, the usual retreating Airiels are nice (sh fair, fh dair), but being the fatty that he is, he is a nice target for being shield poked by Nair... just dont land in front of him when your done if you can (again, chaingrab.) It can be an easy sheildgrab if it doesnt connect/sheildstab.

Off stage, he is defiantly worth pursuing with Wing renewel, though he is an easy target for damage building with arrows as well. When you yourself are recovering however, beware his Bair. Its just a giant hitbox of priority. It can even outdo glide attack if not timed well. It can be wall of pained.

Ledgecamping... I usually see DDD space ftilts to get around it. Can be annoying, not sure if its worth it.

Another dangerous match up, though I think this is pretty **** even if you play conservatively/defensively/super campy :p. It really is a case of dont get grabbed.

50:50

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
DDD isn't as bad as snake I feel. Obviously people are finding way's around him if he went from 3 down to place like 7 was it? He's losing ground, and Pit I honestly think has an even match up with him. Pit doesn't **** anyone at a higher tier than him but he goes even with a lot of them.

DDD he out ranges us in melee.. the best thing to do is again stay away from him. Unless you feel confident or know what you are doing up close (like koolaid) on a general basis you should stay away from DDD, what you have to worry about is the grabs. His attacks are surprisingly easy to shield (on the ground) if you manage to get close to him and grab him chain grab his ***. Teach those DD D throw - grabbers a lesson :p.

I agree with Lenus with what he has said.. I'd say follow up with arrows against DDD. He is a HUGE target when you get him off ground. He falls quite fast so doding your arrows would leave him open to vunerbility depending when he chooses to recover. His Up B is honestly punishable no matter what, if you don't get greedy. You can stay away from his up B when he recovers on the stage and arrow his butt. Overall arrows are your best friends here, just watch out for those waddle doos, because they will block your arrow, but it's nothing a simple jump > arrow can't handle.. just space yourself properly and don't rush in at DDD. He is more approachable than other higher tier char's are for him.

MU i'd say 50/50 DDD has good weight and power, along with his famous grab and range. Only move in on him if you see an opening.. don't go all out offensive on him. He is more approachable than snake is though.

stages to stay away from.. I'd say Battle Field and Yoshi's island. (again I feel these are his worst stages - for starters)

I recommend Smash ville over Final D this round because, if he does manage to grab you it does not last as long. DDD's back air can punish you easily if you end near the edge on Final D and you go under the ledge by accident or something. His chain grab lasts longer as well because of how big it is. Final D is still a good stage, but Smash ville considering how slow he technically is compared to pit. Smashville feel's top choice for him for starter against DDD (imo)

for counter.. I'd say to ban surprisingly rainbow cruise/halberd/delfino. Although you both have the Up Air capabilities DDD has a longer range for it, and he can recover through the stages. Not good if you are trying to kill DDD. Other stages to choose would be any that's relatively spacious. I am tempted to say fire emblem.. but that's also bad on the 2nd stage because of the chain grab off the stage. but then the other parts of the stage(especially 3rd) can work to pit's advantage.. I guess Frigate orpheon is his ideal choice, he can recover under the stage and the chain grabs don't last long..

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pit does well against Dedede. Dedede has more trouble with Angel Ring than other chars do, and pits attacks can give him trouble.

Its easy to peg him over and over with arrows ^_^.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Fair and Dair spacing work well. X3 jab & angel ring wreck his shield. This allows for arrow piercing(aiming for head/feet while opponent is in shield). I'd say that this is one of Pit's easier high tier matchups. I wish I could articulate my thoughts clearer, but this match is hard to put a number on. I'd say no less than 50-50

IrisKong

Smash Lord
Time for me to finally have the time to put some info down.

Pit- We can out camp D3 hard. really hard. D3 is a huge target and very easy to hit with arrows. We have 0-40 CG on him and Pit is one of the hardest character for D3 to CG. Considering pit is a very underplayed character, chances are they will mess up the CG once or twice on us game 1 (use WoI and DI away). If we watch out for D3s bair, we can juggle the hell out of him in the air with nair and uair. we are fairly light though, so watch for early kills from Utilt, Bair.

D3- He can CG use, although its difficult and he should only be getting a maximum of 4 throws on us if he does it without screwing up. His bair can wall very well and even kill. Some D3's will Dthrow to dash attack as a mind game, and this can kill early, so watch out. D3's Utilt is a killer and has super armor. so try not to drop on him from above. D3 is really heavy, so killing him might be a bit of a pain, but we can harass his recovery with arrows and wrack up damage alot when he is off stage.

Levels to strike- Yoshis, PS1. We cant fly under either of these stages and D3 has the potential to infinite on PS1. We can out camp him on FD (his best neutral) and we can destroy him on BF if we get him on platforms by rising nairs and Uairs to poke his shield.

Levels to ban- Castle Siege or delfino if your afraid of walk off CG kills. I wont ban FD vrs D3 because its good for us to.

Levels to CP- Any level with lots of platforms that is not Rainbow Cruise.

In my opinion this is a very even match only because D3 can CG us. id say 50/50 is fair

I may add more later, back to work.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Pit is obviously better in this match. Early kills of ledge doesn't make the matchup. Nor does bad decisions when he hits us at a bad angle. Considering the infinite the penguin has on most people, the stages that he can infinite can be banned or doesn't last forever due to stage change.

55:45-60:40 at most.

R@vyn vids vs a good DDD helped.

Cmon we have the best Grab in the game and an amazing Bair, we are at least last in A-Tier IMO.

What do you think?

What made us sinking into B-Tier?
thats so 2009

its a fine placement

mach tornado, cgs,pew - - - pew pew - - - -, spacing, multi hit moves, meta game evolution
Sounds like pit took him down

IrisKong

Smash Lord
I would be willing to say its 55-45 in pits favor, but I havent played any **** D3's in a while. Ill have to have lain play DeDeDe when he comes over next and see how it goes.

Afropony

Smash Lord
SHFFNair>Utilt is usually a really good approach, most of the time if you do get the Utilt off you should be able to poke their shield.
Jab and arrows are really good against Dedede so use them whenever you get the chance.
I think we can do Fthrow 3 times into stutterstep Fsmash on Dedede, I'm not certain but if you can it's about 50%.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Down tilt, Fairs and nairs are your best friends in this matchup. I dunno who said Pit has advantage here but that's off. DDD's CG can make this game very even in just 4 seconds. Don't bother chasing DDD off stage. Just hit him with arrows. When he recovers just get ready to punish him by ledge grabbing him or hitting him. I think my bans would mostly go to Castle Siege, Delphino, or PS1. Reason beings are the side blast zones and the standing infinites. Castle Siege isn't that bad since you can just stay on the top platforms in the second level.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I also agree that we don't have the advantage. We are quicker and can camp better, but DDD's chain grab evens the MU all too quickly. Since the chain grab can go on forever in some stages, that quickly closes the gap on whatever advantage you have against him. All I have to say is, DON'T GET CHAIN GRABBED! Stages to ban for me would be PS1 (for obvious reasons, watch Ravyns second video for example of infinite chain grab), and Rainbow Cruise. 50:50.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
But King Dedede is fast enough to exploit is own range. And Pit hasn't a good range. ^^

Top Bottom