• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Thread Export: Ganondorf

At The Highest Level Of Play, What is the MU Ratio?

• Total voters

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ganon is supposedly godlike in Brinstar.

:phone:
i wouldnt say hes any better there than on battlefield. the stage is not totally flat, so thunderstomping gets screwed over a bit, on the other hand the fungi+long lasting hitboxes means that you can basically keep a hitbox out for an age.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well yeah, but he has some advantages and gimmicks there like the SideB doesn't kill Ganon but the opponent and very small blastzones for very early kills and lava forces opponents to challenge Ganons moves instead of avoiding them and the lava can make gimping him a lot harder than usual.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i suppose that too. but battlefields platform positioning is much more helpful for ganon than it is on brinstar
preferences over each stage depends on respective playstyles

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't know where people get this idea we're good on Brinstar.

Especially Ganon mains.

Like sure we kill earlier, and the platforms are okay... but we get hurt far more by the acid and being pressured.

Personally I'd take Puff to a small non-Smashville stage that doesn't **** me over when I try to AC and space.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have always thought Brinstar was by far Ganons best stage. Well seems I have been wrong.
Ganon does **** on Norfair in case if it somehow ends up legal, right? (Obviously not against Puff, just overall)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The thing about Brinstar is it's specifically good against people who don't know how to fight Ganon, and thus tend to be stupid and get hit a lot.

A Jiggs who doesn't know how to fight Ganon won't have that issue, because she won't get aggressive.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
^ you mean who does know?

And as a ganon user, i can say i love playing brinstar. I really like doing fun little gimmicks on the bubbles and the fungi, but like previously mentioned, the lava ****s you up.

If puff is forcing the approach.. it wouldn't be THAT bad right?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Alright guys.

So best stages for neutrals would be the most space, IE final D and PS1
Best Cps are Brinstar and Rainbow. Though i'd have to say Frigate as well.

We'll be starting the next discussion soon.

Final vote on this is, +1 (1.5 if offered)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
You are 1/4th of the puff boards.

I said i would take the votes of the most knwledgable people, along with the factors discussed to make the judgement of the ratio.

DLA and Verm both said -2 in the BBR panels.

Since their votes were waited, and verm said -1 in here, that was a primary reason for the mu ratio
it's going to be -2

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
WAIT -2?

As in Jiggz loses?

Because I hope you mean -2 for Ganon.

I consider this -3 for us for reasons I have given.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Still, all we have is theorycraft here. I don't think there are any recorded matches between a top level Ganon and Jiggz who actually know the MU very well.
We'll stick -2 then and move on to something else.

357jason

Smash Rookie
i'm not top level, but i had my fair share of ganon matchupz, and so i thought i might as well giv my input. ganon has one of da most annoying camps. My friend tht uses him will always jump of and continuously sideB da ledge wen he in the lead. If u try to approach u get grab 2 your death -.- & if u try to go above his Uair is lik GTFO -.- unless less anyone can giv me some tips wit tis, i wuld hav to say tis is 60:40, jigglypuff favor.... only if ganon doesnt gain complete control ovr da lead

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
i'm not top level, but i had my fair share of ganon matchupz, and so i thought i might as well giv my input. ganon has one of da most annoying camps. My friend tht uses him will always jump of and continuously sideB da ledge wen he in the lead. If u try to approach u get grab 2 your death -.- & if u try to go above his Uair is lik GTFO -.- unless less anyone can giv me some tips wit tis, i wuld hav to say tis is 60:40, jigglypuff favor.... only if ganon doesnt gain complete control ovr da lead
Bro, if he tries to keep grabbing the ledge, just go behind him and fair him into the ledge. Or drop behind him with a nair. His only option is to throw out an aerial and risk having the ledge grabbed, giving him MASSIVE amounts of RCO lag, tipman uairing or dairing.

Top Bottom