• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Re-Discussion: Snake

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yoshi Vs Snake

We haven't seen any of these in a while, and I'm sure this is one of the matchups that bothers a good number of us.

Yoshi Vs Snake Ratio: -1/Slight disadvantage
Yoshi Ratios

Can Yoshi CG Snake?: No

Summary:

Yoshi Vs Snake Videos:

Ratio:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Snake is fat as ****.

Anyways, the key to this MU is to space at a distance that allows you to react to a dash attack/mortar slide. If you space our normal dash grab spacing, you're put at a range that makes our option obvious (any time you run in Snake will probably spotdodge. Or he can just ftilt) and that gives him two options that we can't react to. Thus, you'll be spacing a little farther than normal at neutral.

Personally, what I like to do is camp a little bit if Snake's set up a good rhythm for his own camp game. Once you mess with it just a little, then I move in to the spacing I described above. From there, it's just making reads/reacting to a dash attack or mortar slide. Keep in mind that Snake usually feels more threatened at this spacing than we do, and that it's entirely possible to punish a nade toss (at least when it's done from the normal way of releasing the B button) with a dash grab at this spacing. It requires some good reaction time, so make sure you're looking carefully at Snake and NOT at yourself. That's also another really important thing to do, in any MU, really.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A little something I found out while at a Pretty stacked tournament yesterday, Snake's U-tilt clanks with Both! Hitboxes from Eggtoss... so now I only bother camping at the ledge against Snakes that keep PS'ing it instead of U-tilt.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
yoshi vs snake is all about the gimp. yoshis d-tilt knocks snake out of his cypher and away from the edge if he uses his jump trying to get back. this sets snake up for a free kill either by spiking him or gimping him with yoshis tongue. yoshi combos snake fairly easily but snake on the other hand has no problem forcing yoshi to approch and gathering damage back up with his over powered moves. i find it best to either gimp snake when i can in this MU or keep a good distance until i can get through his wall of defense to punish him. yoshi is also excellent at juggling snake when he is in the air and can gimp snake by grabbing him.

i would put this MU at -1 for yoshi

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I believe it works where it has a knockback limit where when a move's initial knockback exceeds the limit, it hits him out.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Snake DA ***** our landings. I'm glad that like no snakes know this somehow.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Ah, so its damage, not knockback, k.
Yerp, Yoshi's heavy armor is the only knockback-based armor. Then again, I believe Cipher may be the only damage based..... hmm.
Snake DA ***** our landings. I'm glad that like no snakes know this somehow.
QFT

Learned it!
Who are you and how did you make it onto my state's PR?
Egg Lay more.
Favorite part of the MU!!!

I'd say this MU is sorta like the Olimar MU in the fact that Snake ***** our landings, and we sorta give Snake a hard time with landings. Also, when attempting a gimp, be at an angle as if you're going to Egg Lay his Cypher, and you'll end up grabbing him, but getting knocked out by the Cypher, causing Snake not to perform UpB again. Sh*t's redundant, but I might as well just throw it out there.

Top Bottom