• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Re-Discussion: Lucas

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lucas is surprisingly fast. I played Pink Fresh a while back and this MU wasn't as free as I'd thought. Of course, maybe Pinkie is just broken. =P

Anyways, we're pretty good at blocking Lucas's approaches with Pivot Grabs. It's important to be aware that you can get hit with PKF if it's well spaced and you pivot grab it. Otherwise, Lucas's running SH can put him at the perfect height to get over our pivot grab. To be honest, I'd say purely reacting to any approach with Pivot Grab will only work on low level Lucas players. Good ones WILL beat your attempt to only camp.

Not that we really have to approach, but it's important to keep spacing and to make rushes when the time comes. As we all know, I love Dash Grab spacing and it's very important to keep. You just have to be pretty precise with it because Lucas actually is decently mobile, so don't get faked out.

As for Lucas's offensive game, just make sure you DI well. If you hold up during Dair you won't get spiked. If you DO get spiked, tech that **** please. This is how he can get stupidly easy kills on you. Don't let it happen. Lucas struggles to kill us otherwise.

Recoverywise, we shouldn't really have a problem. Gimping Lucas isn't an easy task either, but we can DEFINITELY tack on damage with eggs. He also has very few options when getting back from the ledge against us, and they're all pretty easy to cover with Eggs, Pivot Grab, and Usmash.

In the past I woulda rated this a +3, but I don't think it's that easy against a good Lucas anymore. I'd say this MU is a +2, just because we have the easier damage output, kill setups, recovery, and edge guarding to give us a solid advantage. It's very possible for Lucas to gain momentum and **** you up though, so make sure you reset if you're under pressure. Trying to charge into Lucas when you're already in a bad position will get you *****.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm just gonna post what we posted as our summary since this was a MU that wasn't done too too far ago in our boards.

[Collapse=Lucas side vs. Yoshi summary]Quick Tips:
-Magnetable Projectiles: NO
-Dair->Dtilt Lock: 77%
-Dthrow->Utilt: Yes, Possibleat low percentages. DI Foward

General MU:
-This is one of our hardest MUs in the Low Tiers
-This MU is very even however the only thing that gives Yoshi the advantage is a CG GR on Lucas. This can lead to scary walkoffs and being put into uncomfortable positions offstage. Also this could end in a Usmash/DR Fsmash to the face which isn’t very fun ;_;
-Bigman40 describes this:
bigman40 said:
Dragonic Reverse Fsmash from a grab release. We can CG you to the end of the stage then Fsmash you. This makes not getting grabbed much more important since Fsmash can probably kill around 120-130 easy.

Regardless of how easy it is, Fsmash is the most powerful, Usmash second, and dash attack & other moves with combination of DR (DR > Dsmash/Dtilt/Ftilt/Jabs) last, but that's mainly for damage.

Imo, both characters would be stalemate since their movesets are fairly evenly matched. We do have a slightly easier time landing the kill, but that's pretty much it (and I guess camping). Slight disadvantage for you guys imo.
-Camp your butt off in this MU. It will be a fight between eggs and fire most of the match.
-Avoid being grabbed at all costs
-Mix up sending his Eggs back at him and PKF dancing
-With Fsmash you can send back his eggs at the same angle he sent them. Best options are PSing and Fsmash against the eggs.
-Yoshi can’t really gimp us and we can’t really gimp him well. Best way to gimp Yoshi is predict and wait.
-An effective way to gimp Yoshi is to Footstool him
-Dair helps in this MU a lot.
-Do not be afraid to go into the air because you will get grabbed otherwise
-DO NOT APPROACH AT HIGH PERCENTAGE!!!!
-Yoshi has no really good options OoS due to his shield frame drop data is 17 o_O, however there is no shield poking because it covers his whole body.
-We get gayed on stages with walkoffs
-CAMP CAMP CAMP CAMP! That’s basically it for this MU
-Platforms are good for both characters however platforms help disturb the CG GR

Punishment:
No shield advantage data in their thread T~T

Stages:
Strike: Final Desination, Smashville
Counterpick: Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Jungle Japes *if it’s legal*
Ban: Castle Siege, Final Destination[/collapse]

-1 for Lucas so +1 for Yoshi in this new BBR MU stuff. Hope it helps! ^^

Top Bottom