• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Export - Link!!!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dunno, I know about Link as much as I know about your personal life. I just can't approach safely at all.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I know good Link's will play as if they're TL. Throwing bombs and boomerangs to try and shape where you land so they can punish.

We need to know:

Good and Bad stages Vs Link.
Link's Kill Moves
How to Approach this MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Link also likes platforms, at least more than us.
I honestly don't know much about Link so my knowledge is very limited and biased. His projectiles are no problem at all, I just don't understand when the boomerang damages you and when it throws you around the place.
His keep away game is kinda like wannabe Marth but still fails at it. Meaning it's not easy, but at least this time it's very possible.

Lol I am outta here.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Ok. I'm going to get some matches in with some link's in my area and i'll get back to this.

Hopefully other puffs will jump in here.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Watch out for his bair. It comes out pretty quickly. As for the rest of his aerials, they're all easily punishable and avoidable. His dair and Uair are both strong, but if he misses, you can easily nab a Fair or Bair, maybe even a rest if you're right next to him. His zair is annoying, but it's nothing like Samus's. We win in the air.

As for his ground game..... his usmash is used for approaching. Links tend to run forward, then use it. The second part of his fsmash is pretty powerful..... Can we DI or SDI out of the first part?

As for his projectiles..... we're Jigglypuff. :awesome:

I'd say it's 65-35. (Is that +1 or +2?)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I almost got JV4 stocked by Izaw and I was in shame :(
100-0 for Link much?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Watch out for his bair. It comes out pretty quickly. As for the rest of his aerials, they're all easily punishable and avoidable. His dair and Uair are both strong, but if he misses, you can easily nab a Fair or Bair, maybe even a rest if you're right next to him. His zair is annoying, but it's nothing like Samus's. We win in the air.
Wuh? Bair, Nair, and Fair all cancel their landing lag assuming you don't do it wrong and he's not likely to throw Uair unless you're above him and he's going to fall safely before you can catch him to Fair/Bair/Rest. If he wiffs a Dair and is stuck where you can reach him, he deserves every bit of whatever you give him.

As for his ground game..... his usmash is used for approaching. Links tend to run forward, then use it. The second part of his fsmash is pretty powerful..... Can we DI or SDI out of the first part?
Wuh? Why is Link chasing ****ing Jigglypuff of all people?

Is that awesome face supposed to be a troll face? Get around them, sure, but you're coming in at the angle he's looking for. It's not like you can force him to approach without a stock lead.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I don't know how to play him at all and got ***** last time I played a Link. It sounds so easy on paper, but in the real game, it's not as easy as "lol knock him offstage and gimp him".

Usmash can be SDI'ed. Fsmash can be SDI'd once you get to like 10%. SDI up and double jump or air dodge or SDI down and shield (I'm not sure if the latter works on someone as light as Puff though >.<).
No, not awesome.

I'd say it's 65-35. (Is that +1 or +2?)
By any chance are you Juiey2's alt?
Wuh? Why is Link chasing ****ing Jigglypuff of all people?.
It's not like you can force him to approach without a stock lead.
Self-answering question...I like your text color though :D

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I had an ominous feeling when I posted that, lol.

It's time to admit that I suffer from no-tourney syndrome: I don't attend competitive smash events and therefore have no experience at the top level of play, but I have a great interest in the game, so I try to compensate by spouting unjustified theorycraft on the boards and basically just pretend I know what I'm talking about. :urg:

Alas, in conclusion, I shall spend more time reading through the boards and actually trying to learn new strategies, skills, and tactics, as opposed to BSing around.

And lol at the crying face pic.

By any chance are you Juiey2's alt?
Who's that?

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Take toon link, now... image hes moves a little clunkier and is a slighly bigger target. There's you're MU.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
LZR, you were obv doing it wrong :awesome:
Well obv I expected to lose to him, but not get ***** so bad I could never walk again >_>
It doesn't help that Lunk sucks, but all of his moves are a surprise to me. Tell me when you get to Samus and I could help a bit more.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well obv I expected to lose to him, but not get ***** so bad I could never walk again >_>
It doesn't help that Lunk sucks, but all of his moves are a surprise to me. Tell me when you get to Samus and I could help a bit more.
Damn

thats some hard ****.
Like stuff i wouldn't tell my best friends about.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've never done this match up from either side. seems to me like jiggs should **** though.

T-block

B2B TST
I think this is even to be honest =\

We may outclass him in terms of horizontal aerial mobility, but outmaneuvers us in terms of vertical mobility with that fall speed, which is actually pretty significant, especially when you take into account the fact that Jigglypuff tends to lack range, and Link definitely does not lack that.

Obligatory gimping comment when talking about Link, etc. etc. Yeah it's there, but it's not enough to swing this to being heavily Jiggs favoured or anything. I think it balances out the fact that Link's KO power is higher (when does d-air start killing Jigglypuff - 70% or so?).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think this is even to be honest =\

We may outclass him in terms of horizontal aerial mobility, but outmaneuvers us in terms of vertical mobility with that fall speed, which is actually pretty significant, especially when you take into account the fact that Jigglypuff tends to lack range, and Link definitely does not lack that.

Obligatory gimping comment when talking about Link, etc. etc. Yeah it's there, but it's not enough to swing this to being heavily Jiggs favoured or anything. I think it balances out the fact that Link's KO power is higher (when does d-air start killing Jigglypuff - 70% or so?).
You can't just look at individual parts of a match-up, in practice Jigglypuff just shuts down Link'a options to the point where Link's "range" and "vertical mobility" are nearly irrelevant.

It is another one of those match-ups, like... Ganondorf, where Jigglypuff can throw out aerials and dodge the easily telegraphed moves and then camp when she gets the lead.

T-block

B2B TST
It's nowhere near as easy as Ganondorf. Link's moves are not as easily telegraphed, he has projectiles/projectile traps, and moves faster x.x

Vertical mobility is a large reason Jigglypuff DOESN'T shut down Link completely. If it were all about horizontal, then maybe she could space forever and deal with Link's better range, but with that advantage in vertical mobility, not only is it harder for Jigglypuff to run away forever (because Link can gradually restrict Jigglypuff's space, as jumping over him isn't as safe), but it's harder for Jigglypuff to approach through his "telegraphed" (and they aren't really...) moves. Things like double jump ff n-air will mess that up. And Jigglypuff isn't guaranteed to get the lead, and even a small percent lead is not easily kept against Link.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I got owned by Izaw and I am forever in bias :(
I almost got JV4 stocked >_>
I just... Don't know what went wrong... I don't even know how his boomerang works...

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Next time I'm in a tourney in Dallas/Fort Worth, I'll try and fight AeroLink a little bit.
He used to be one of the best links, but hardly plays him now.
We'll fight and theory craft, cause obviously no one in here has any MU exp at all.

I know we're discussing bowser/Mario but hey, just reviving this so I can find it easy once I fight ALSM and maybe we can get some sorta ratio in.

Also I'm dedicating 40% of my smash life to puff now, 40% to Yoshi, 10% to Ganon, and 10% to everything else.

Puff needs help, mane.

:phone:

SoulPech

Smash Master
The problem in this matchup is in order for us to win, we would have to catch a link player off guard and bait, then get and harrass offstage and possibly just wall him if he tries to get back onstage. I don't fully know the matchup myself yet. I'll see if i can get some matches in with Links24 (if he goes to the tournament) and ask to play some friendlies with him.

EDIT: The tournament in April @ Cinci

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sorry for giving a up on this topic,but this Match is pretty funny :D

Also,a +1 for Jiggly.

Link has a horrible recovery,so a edgeguard is not that hard to do.
Link has a terrible air game(abuse of that),and his projectles is not a problem for jiggly´s approach.

Horever,Jiggly dies to faster if she is not aware of Link´s attacks...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo it's +1 for Jiggs. Gonna be a lot of waiting and jumping around trying to find a safe way in, so you'll need a lot of patience, but the thing is, if you can get in and get Link offstage, thats almost always a stock. However, if you start eating projectiles or Link reads your landing or something with a zair or nair, that could mean 30+ damage and a really bad situation cuz he'll be right below you and his uair kills at some dumb percent like 70 or something. While Link will usually be in control of the stage and basically can tell you where you can and cant be, Puff dun curr and can keep away all day if you're patient and gets more out of a successful approach which is why I think it's only +1. Maybe +2, but I think the fact that Link has so much freedom and control makes it closer to +1.

jigglover

Smash Lord
What!? Your having trouble against link? You only need to press one button and his strategy falls apart. C. Jump over bombs, boomerangs, sword slashes, anything, whatever you do though, do not put him to sleep with sing or you're gone. l_l+A is good here also (aerial and non aerial) and the aerial down+a is a must for edge-guarding jigglypuffs, certainly against link.

+2 advantage over him.

357jason

Smash Rookie
I don't even know how his boomerang works...
okay, when the boomerang is thrown away it causes damages & on it way back it draws you inward.

I had a Newbish Friend who loved link even though he sucked, but he was still able to get kills off my jigz, & i kno i dnt completely suck

Tht Usmash is basically lik Ike jab -.- its overpowered. & yeah Link Z-air is honestly one of the most annoying thing in the world and gives Link a gud air game....

When my friend went & learn a thing about Link (thnks to da link guide on smashboard -.-) he found out about a trick that if u kno ur gonna get pushed off da edge, pull out a bomb. So when the link is off da edge they jump, then up-B & incase tey stil cant get 2 da edge or gimp, da bomb will blow up around that time and soar them upward (lik snake little trick) & they are able to up-B again or tether back to the edge.

so yeah, LzR i can kinda feel your pain because that basically almost happened to me. :glare: Da simple PUSH HIM OFF DA EDGE strategy doesnt always work unless ur plannin to WoP into his Z-air about 20% of da time, sigh* were gonna need more way to fight him

Top Bottom