• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Discussions: Olimar

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
This is a rather old thread, but I'm gonna share what I know anyways :D
So, a friend of mine plays a good Olimar. In the MU against him, I'd go for air sideBs instead of a grounded ones, I'd always keep my pressure game on to not allow him to camp me with his sideBs.
My first priority as ZSS against an olimar is to get him off the stage, ZSS has a better air game and Olimar can be gimmicked easily if played right.

I'd give this MU 55:45 in favor of Olimar, isn't one of ZSS' strongest MUs :p , I'd rather go MK or IC against Olimar, serves as a better MU.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quik got pretty good at this match-up. It used to be his worst but after he stayed at Nietono's place before SRT he got a lot of practice and now he's one of the best at this match-up. He beat Denti at a NJ/NY tourney before Apex. You should probably ask him if you have trouble with this matchup though afaik he think it's about -1.5 for ZSS.

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So, a friend of mine plays a good Olimar. In the MU against him, I'd go for air sideBs instead of a grounded ones
This is the exact opposite of what you should be doing, so it leads me to believe that your friend doesn't actually play a good Olimar

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
This is the exact opposite of what you should be doing, so it leads me to believe that your friend doesn't actually play a good Olimar
Actually, He'd go for the aired sideB as well. However, the exchange is in my favor. I time my jumps and side Bs so that they have enough range to get him. He'd never let me gain distance on the ground, I have to close-by by jumping towards him.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Olimar can punish the **** out of side-b.
I concur, but I really time my air sideBs to connect to Olimar and avoid camping. However, maybe it's a whole different story with top level Olimars.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Olimar can punish the **** out of approaching sh sideBs, yes.
Olimar can only punish grounded, spaced sideBs if he's already expecting it.

Top Bottom