• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Match Up Discussion - Corrin

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
:4corrin::4corrinf:

General Rules:

• No Flaming. Respect the opinions of others even if you disagree. Let's not get heated on an online forum for a family-friendly game. Failure to abide by this will result in the wrath of the law.
  • Human error isn't something worth serious consideration. Discussions will assume both characters are being played to utmost potential.
The following are suggested subtopics of conversation:
  • Character strengths and weaknesses
  • How to effectively approach/deter approaches
  • Off-stage game
  • Positional play
  • Punishes/punishing
  • Specific moves/strings that are strong for both characters
  • Suggested custom movesets
  • Stage strengths and weaknesses
  • Overall score [NOTE: THIS IS NOT AS IMPORTANT DURING THE FIRST ROUND OF DISCUSSION]

***For general questions not related to the current topic in this thread please use the General Match Up thread.***

This thread shall last for around 8-9 days, with the next thread opening up in about 5-7 days.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
From my experience, and knownledge of both i'd say it's even or close to it. Mewtwo can force the aproach with his superrior projectile game, but once corrin closes the distance her disjoints can give mewtwo some trouble. The nuetral is probably in m2's favor, as he can effictivly press corrin's lack of mobility by moving in and out of her range to bait and punish. Mewtwo however cannot directly challange her disjoints. If Corrin manages to get stage control she is likely to make up for her nuetral. If Corrin has center stage her range greatly mitigates her lack of mobility, and mewtwo will be on the deffessive as he is always in her range. Here Corrin's heavy combo and juggle game can make up the lost diffrence from the nuetral. Both characters in advatage blow eachother up, but Corrin is heavier while hitting nearly as hard (personal clip example to show how early the kill can be: https://youtu.be/Fae5TX_lMnk). On the off stage mewtwo does better, but corrin has better ledge option coverage and one read there kills at 60. Tl;dr mewtwo wins nuetral, and will be ahead most the time, but corrin if they corner mewtwo can make up the diffrence, and kill extremely early.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
From personal experience m2 does carry the advantage, Yes Corrin can kill earlier but m2 wins both the range and neutral game. Not to mention that m2 has more kill options then corrin plus another thing is that Corrins projectile has a extremely slow charge time compared to m2 and dosent have a reflector like m2. M2s neutral air is useful because it can counter Corrins attack and the speed difference is totally in m2s favor

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
From personal experience m2 does carry the advantage, Yes Corrin can kill earlier but m2 wins both the range and neutral game. Not to mention that m2 has more kill options then corrin plus another thing is that Corrins projectile has a extremely slow charge time compared to m2 and dosent have a reflector like m2. M2s neutral air is useful because it can counter Corrins attack and the speed difference is totally in m2s favor
To say one thing mewtwo does not have more range than Corrin. Only mewtwo's tilts out range corrin's tilts (yet, corrin side b and f smash out range those). Everything else corrin has out ranges. Meetwo does win nuetral due to forcing corrins aproach with a faster projectile, and due to his ability to abuse mobility to bait options to hit in run. Mewtwo cannot directly challange corrin's disjoints though. If corrin can catch mewtwo and keep stage control she wins. If mewtwo can remain slipery and not get pinned down in disadvatage then he wins. Those are the factors as I see it.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
To say one thing mewtwo does not have more range than Corrin. Only mewtwo's tilts out range corrin's tilts (yet, corrin side b and f smash out range those). Everything else corrin has out ranges. Meetwo does win nuetral due to forcing corrins aproach with a faster projectile, and due to his ability to abuse mobility to bait options to hit in run. Mewtwo cannot directly challange corrin's disjoints though. If corrin can catch mewtwo and keep stage control she wins. If mewtwo can remain slipery and not get pinned down in disadvatage then he wins. Those are the factors as I see it.
I forgot about side b and f smash *face palm* but even through m2 has a very good ledge game and being light gives him the advantage to escape attacks and not to mention as ZeRo quoted "One of the best air dodges and recoverys". Yes corrins recovery does hit but m2s bair beats it by a mile if sweet spotted or dair connects.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Mewtwo has better neutral and is faster, so he probably has an edge. he probably has to very careful right outside his dtilt's range, because Dragon Lunge is a pretty hard punish and it can kill. Mewtwo is better off playing out and forcing approaches. Corrin can kill Mewtwo fairly early, but only if you let her. And no earlier than most characters, so it's not much of a point in Corrin's favor. Just learn what moves to respect and try to keep control.

If I had to give a ratio, it would be 55-45 in Mewtwo's favor.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
I forgot about side b and f smash *face palm* but even through m2 has a very good ledge game and being light gives him the advantage to escape attacks and not to mention as ZeRo quoted "One of the best air dodges and recoverys". Yes corrins recovery does hit but m2s bair beats it by a mile if sweet spotted or dair connects.
Oh ya no mewtwo definitly has offstage, though corrin has him beat with ledge coverage. Also her aerial juggles and landing traps are verry potent vs floaties. The way I think this is played is with mewtwo hitting and running while floating in and out of range to bait reactions as he cannot directly beat the disjoints corrin has, but can punish inaction or wiffs (creating a mind game with mewtwo's advantage). Corrin on the other hand will try to get mewtwo cornered or above her. There mewtwo's mobility advatage will be reduced heavily and her range, combos, and juggles can rack up heavy dmg, and possibly the stock. Mewtwo is gonna be ahead until he gets cornered, if he doesn't then he probably wins. If corrin manges to get stage control 3 or so times she probably wins.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Oh ya no mewtwo definitly has offstage, though corrin has him beat with ledge coverage. Also her aerial juggles and landing traps are verry potent vs floaties. The way I think this is played is with mewtwo hitting and running while floating in and out of range to bait reactions as he cannot directly beat the disjoints corrin has, but can punish inaction or wiffs (creating a mind game with mewtwo's advantage). Corrin on the other hand will try to get mewtwo cornered or above her. There mewtwo's mobility advatage will be reduced heavily and her range, combos, and juggles can rack up heavy dmg, and possibly the stock. Mewtwo is gonna be ahead until he gets cornered, if he doesn't then he probably wins. If corrin manges to get stage control 3 or so times she probably wins.
Agreed but the ledge game m2s uair will help because as shown at pound it reaches through the stage.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Agreed but the ledge game m2s uair will help because as shown at pound it reaches through the stage.
might come up once a game were it catches someone unaware, but allot of characters can do u-air through ledge that so it's not that surprising. I would like to note that Abadango believes this to be in Corrin's favor at slight, or even. While the highest lvl Corrin Mu chart by Cosmos says it's even and he plays vs MEW^2 allot in dallas.

Cosmos Mu chart :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfu8HXxUAAA-lxQ.png

Abadango Mu chart:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Che724BUUAAGmW_.jpg

also for mew^2 vs cosmos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhINQfFY-Bo

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Sup

Just going to quote what I said about the matchup before, with some alterations

I couldn't find much footage of this being played at high level play and I haven't played it much either. There's Ryo vs Paradise and Cosmos vs Mew(squared) but those are somewhat dated.

Few points to consider:
  • We're all about controlling space, and better at it than Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo's incredibly mobile, and can charge Shadow Ball to make us come to him
  • Incredibly easy to KO (duh)
  • Mewtwo definitely has the stronger advantage state
  • He has a reflector so watch out, but you shouldn't be charging DFS in this matchup anyway
  • He seems to have an easy time getting grabs on us. Especially when we have to land w/ platforms (ie: battlefield)
  • Mewtwo's a solid character and definitely not easy to underwhelm like before
That's about it. I can't say more until I play / watch more of this match up at higher levels of play.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
might come up once a game were it catches someone unaware, but allot of characters can do u-air through ledge that so it's not that surprising. I would like to note that Abadango believes this to be in Corrin's favor at slight, or even. While the highest lvl Corrin Mu chart by Cosmos says it's even and he plays vs MEW^2 allot in dallas.

Cosmos Mu chart :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfu8HXxUAAA-lxQ.png

Abadango Mu chart:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Che724BUUAAGmW_.jpg

also for mew^2 vs cosmos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhINQfFY-Bo
Thanks for the links ill need to dig a bit deeper into this MU. Corrin may be a slightly hard MU but M2 does have tricks. I think it mostly matters on what the player knows on the match up to win the match so I would now call it a bit in M2s favor but still a bit in corrins if she hits us m2 players in the correct traps

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
In my experience M2 comes out just on top here. Corrin's side-b is safe to shield against and the projectile's nothing a confusion can't solve - these 2 factors tend to limit Corrin's approach options. Still gotta work for it though.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
True for the Range half but What I meant was the range game in the air *bair* and his ability to range corrin with shadow ball.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
In my experience, this is in Corrin's favour assuming both players are smart. The disjoints are just too massive for mewtwo to handle, and pretty much always ensures Corrin strikes or trades

A smart Corrin never uses that projectile against Mewtwo, and takes full advantage of the obscene disjoints with short and single hop N-air and Fair to beat everything Mewtwo has. A patient Corrin is one of my biggest nightmares, and causes me constant frustration as I see my approaches get neutered again and again.

I find spot-dodge more useful against Corrin than any other character for lining up punishes.

D-air can counter Corrin's up-special for a hilarious meteor that they don't expect (since they are used to that hitbox guiding them home), but the spacing needs to be precise.

Top Bottom