• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart v3 Panel!!!

MVD

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I’m MVD and will be leading your character’s panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3. The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project, can be found here.

The current panelists for this panel are:
I have no idea we gotta get this going!

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise

So yeah guys sorry for the delay in posting this, I've been busy dealing with other things, but I got this now! Lets make this the best panel we can have :D

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
No offense to any of the snakes but I don't think you're going to get many top material players by posting on the boards since it is primarily a place people go to learn, or so it seems. You should just ask people you think should be on the list yourself, imo

If you don't get anyone else to volunteer, I'll input my opinion, but my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt since I'm still working my way up the rungs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Imo you should try to contact Fatal, Razer, Ally and Havok to be part of the panel alongside you.

:059:

C.J.

Smash Master
If he can convince Ally and Havok to actually be active in this, I'll be impressed to an absurd degree

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tbh the current mu chart pisses me off, so we probably should care a little more. everyone *****es about it; maybe we should contribute.

In the end, its probably only about those that care enough to do anything. So while there are obvious preferred choices it would probably turn out to be someone like Attila or false(?). The more active and experienced people I can recall that might actually see this.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No offense to any of the snakes but I don't think you're going to get many top material players by posting on the boards since it is primarily a place people go to learn, or so it seems. You should just ask people you think should be on the list yourself, imo

If you don't get anyone else to volunteer, I'll input my opinion, but my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt since I'm still working my way up the rungs.
This is an awful opinion. lawl

On a lot of the other boards, top players do regularly post there, that's why we're doing these threads, to gather interest on anyone who'd like to participate; and after weighing up a persons suitability compared to the other applicants, we then choose who'll be on the panel.

Simple, mmyes?

Mmmyes.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This is the last panel that needs to report its members. Just sayin'.

Also, people shouldn't hesitate to volunteer in the event the preferred top players aren't interested or around to contribute. As long as you're a Snake main and confident enough in your ability to debate his MUs, that is :p

JTsm

Smash Master
Fine, I'll volunteer. Sheesh. Lazy Snake mains are lazy. I don't think I'm the best debater, but I'll try my best.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'll volunteer too if there's any spots that still needs filling. :o I think I might know enough about most MUs or could figure out others based off of videos and just what I know about Snake. o-o

This is the last panel that needs to report its members. Just sayin'.

Also, people shouldn't hesitate to volunteer in the event the preferred top players aren't interested or around to contribute. As long as you're a Snake main and confident enough in your ability to debate his MUs, that is :p

lmao As soon as this gets posted there is a show of hands. Oh, well.

I identify as a snake/falco main and have been playing Snake since spring of 09. Been lurking here and contributing to the snake boards for about as long. Mostly stuff that you get through frame advance code and data mining. Finding out perhaps at what percents people die to certain things or verifying that jab -> ftilt was a true combo under certain conditions. Bringing it to SuSa's attention about the zero landing lag when holding a grenade. Lots of random stuff from playing with the character.

My tourney experience is fairly limited to only the midwest. Even then, I have only played MI/WI for the most part. The rest is exp. through wifi. I was a moderator for a time before leaving. Joined up on the smash lab group.

I do feel confident enough in being able to reason my points across in an adequate style and address rebuttals presented at my arguments.

Tony22

Smash Cadet
Chances are that I won't be of much use, considering I don't know that much in depth about match-ups, but I can try... lol

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I raise my hand too, i'd love to discuss theses MU charts and feel confident with my knowledge to be able to offer a decent opinion.

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
I am a little offended, Aero. My reason for posting that is because I don't think we should put people who aren't high/top level on the committee because they likely don't know the nuances of every matchup or understand it the way the top players do.

I don't see how that's a horrible opinion for anyone that wants a good chart.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I am a little offended, Aero. My reason for posting that is because I don't think we should put people who aren't high/top level on the committee because they likely don't know the nuances of every matchup or understand it the way the top players do.

I don't see how that's a horrible opinion for anyone that wants a good chart.
Every other panel has had relatively good success at getting good players on their panel, I see no reason why the Snake panel will be any different. :)

JTsm

Smash Master
Every other panel has had relatively good success at getting good players on their panel, I see no reason why the Snake panel will be any different. :)
I don't know man. Snake mains are different.

JTsm

Smash Master
Indeed they are.

Not sure why though. It always seemed like they didn't want to help other snakes to be as good as themselves. Humph.

:phone:
I don't blame em. Snake requires a lot of practice for many different MU's.

JTsm

Smash Master
I honestly want to get this over with, sooo yeah I got my stuff ready to go.

^ This is just to go off of. Current v2 MU.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, it's no longer yesterday, you owe me a panel :p

But really, if you don't upload the panelists by say 5pm tomorrow I'm going to have to put the Snake panel in someone else's hands as a backup for organization. We really need to start moving forward.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah, it's no longer yesterday, you owe me a panel :p

But really, if you don't upload the panelists by say 5pm tomorrow I'm going to have to put the Snake panel in someone else's hands as a backup for organization. We really need to start moving forward.

Told ya man, Snake main's are different.

:snake: :snake: :snake: :snake:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Impressive that you managed to get all those people to pledge activity, I see why it took you so long lol. I'll update the chart, expect an announcement sometime tomorrow about where we'll go from here.

MVD

Smash Master
sounds good, and haha yeah it wasn't easy to assemble this group x.z

:phone:

Top Bottom