• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match stats: grabs and smashes per game

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Do you ever look at your end of match stats? How many grabs and smashes do you tend to throw per game?

i find that when I go on losing streaks I abandon one of these or possibly both (put out both very few grabs and very few smashes). When winning I often use over 10 of each

does anyone else have similar experiences? What are your usual totals and what do you see at highest levels of play?

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
i do a rediculous amount of grabs per game like 20~30 ish. Uthrow is just so good and crown conditions shields well.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
i do a rediculous amount of grabs per game like 20~30 ish. Uthrow is just so good and crown conditions shields well.
Thanks. How do you usually follow up after uthrow?

also for reference are you a good player?

Last edited:

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
i mean i go to locals sometimes but Im not destroying people.
usually go 3-2 with Dedede, I use K.Rool mostly for friendlies. I have a good enough understanding of the game to understand top level gameplay.
As for gsp my king k. is in around the 5.4 mil range, not that it matters that much.

Ususally after a uthrow I do:
a). Toss a crown and fish for a second grab for another uthrow
b). Fish for a Uair / Nair/ Fair for more stage control.
c). Empty hop to bait an airdoge and regrab
d). Catch the landing with Utilt / Ftilt(up) / Usmash
Or any combonation of these. I go for Uthrow after 50% ish because thats when they stop being directly on top of you from a Uthrow and start to go high enough that you gain stage control off of it.

Also I dont do Dthrow utill 140% unless the character is fat then i do the gangplank instead
And if im at the ledge around 100% but not quite at that bury smash attack% then ill backthrow/fthrow for a edgeguard

K rool gets a LOT of reward off of his grabs and his kit is built to bait shields pretty well, with fat hitboxes and Armor on his moves, plus some of most obnoxious projectiles in the game

Last edited:

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
i mean i go to locals sometimes but Im not destroying people.
usually go 3-2 with Dedede, I use K.Rool mostly for friendlies. I have a good enough understanding of the game to understand top level gameplay.
As for gsp my king k. is in around the 5.4 mil range, not that it matters that much.

Ususally after a uthrow I do:
a). Toss a crown and fish for a second grab for another uthrow
b). Fish for a Uair / Nair/ Fair for more stage control.
c). Empty hop to bait an airdoge and regrab
d). Catch the landing with Utilt / Ftilt(up) / Usmash
Or any combonation of these. I go for Uthrow after 50% ish because thats when they stop being directly on top of you from a Uthrow and start to go high enough that you gain stage control off of it.

Also I dont do Dthrow utill 140% unless the character is fat then i do the gangplank instead
And if im at the ledge around 100% but not quite at that bury smash attack% then ill backthrow/fthrow for a edgeguard

K rool gets a LOT of reward off of his grabs and his kit is built to bait shields pretty well, with fat hitboxes and Armor on his moves, plus some of most obnoxious projectiles in the game
Thanks! Good ideas in there

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I usually like to mix it up, it depends on the match-ups. Characters that spam projectiles; those characters are usually the ones I like to grab and pile up their damage percentage. I like it when K. Rool faces lightweight characters because piling up their damage percentage doesn’t take up as much time, and resorting to a smash move will send them flying off stage immediately.

Top Bottom