• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masterpieces will return in Ultimate??????

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I think is very logical, but i don't know if these are cut, or will add DLC masterpieces too.
I prefer that demos of games like Street Fighter II, the very first Final Fantasy, NES Bomberman or even Sega Genesis games will be confirmed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They won't.

There's no virtual console to advertise and they take up a fair amount of data.

It's the most likely cut in my opinion.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I think it would be cool if, instead of timed demos of each game, it would give you a certain part of a game to play.

Examples:
  • Super Mario 64 - The first battle with Bowser.
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Battle with Ganondorf toward the end on top of Ganon's Castle.
  • Super Metroid - First battle with Ridley.
  • Starfox 64 - First battle with Star Wolf.
That way, they can get as many as the playable characters from Smash into the Masterpieces, despite a lot of them not actually being playable in their own game franchise.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, I hope they either nix them or just give access to eshop demos of games or something.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Even if there's no longer any VC to advertise, they could still plug in things such as Arcade Vs series, the NES/SNES Classic, or in SF/MM's cases, their ports.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I think it would be cool if, instead of timed demos of each game, it would give you a certain part of a game to play.

Examples:
  • Super Mario 64 - The first battle with Bowser.
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Battle with Ganondorf toward the end on top of Ganon's Castle.
  • Super Metroid - First battle with Ridley.
  • Starfox 64 - First battle with Star Wolf.
That way, they can get as many as the playable characters from Smash into the Masterpieces, despite a lot of them not actually being playable in their own game franchise.
I agree with this idea, though don't know if every game should be limited to just boss battles (especially disagree with using the final battle of OoT). For shorter games that would make sense I guess, but for a game like Super Mario World you could probably use a few levels.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I agree with this idea, though don't know if every game should be limited to just boss battles (especially disagree with using the final battle of OoT). For shorter games that would make sense I guess, but for a game like Super Mario World you could probably use a few levels.
Well, even if they did it this way, I don't think it should be only boss battles. I was just listing examples that would include playable characters from Smash that aren't playable in their own respective games. I also think it would be nice to have multiple scenes from each game to play as, but considering how many playable characters we have and how many scenes would have to be playable, I thought having multiple scenes from each game might be too much.

As for why I chose the Ganondorf battle:
  1. I'm not including the part where you go downstairs and fight Ganon, the true final battle.
  2. It's the only time you ever directly interact with Ganondorf in the game.
  3. While most of my examples were from earlier in the game, I thought it would be nice to have at least one more challenging "Masterpiece."
  4. Knocking the magic energy back and forth at each other is the most iconic part of fighting with Ganondorf, I think. Whereas in Super Metroid in your first battle with Ridley you see him taking the baby Metroid, which is iconic. So I was trying to use iconic moments in the games.

Top Bottom