• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mastering technical play: Structered training program

20thMain

Smash Rookie
I created this/am expanding on this training routine purely for my own experience/enjoyment but in case anyone could find use of it as well I'll post this here.

I never played as peach in my life but when ultimate came out I decided she was going to be my new main. I knew she was difficult to learn but didnt expect this. After watching every YouTube guide, pro peach player, and practicing in training mode until my fingers blisterered I'm just barely in elite online. I've hit a hard plateau and its come down to still not being able to consistantly input the right moves in game and do it fast enough. So I designed a structured weekly training regimen to ingrain her difficult input fundamentals. Umeki's gameplay really demonstrates what peach is capable of when you master her technical game.

Peach Training Routine: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj9D-GA6J_5cFTbjPE-f3rwtJR_eHfeVS

•In the playlist description there is an explanation/breakdown of which videos in the playlist you will be working on that day.

•Each video is only a few seconds long, showcasing a specific aspect of her technical play you'll be practicing, following an outlined routine in the video description.

•The videos corresponding to the day you're on will have the movements, inputs, repetitions, and sets to complete for that video.

•I'm nearly done with lvl 1. Program. Once you're able to successfully complete the lvl 1 test (series of movements/inputs yet to be determined) you can move on to lvl 2 where I'll make a training program to take everything from lvl 1 and incorporate follow up options and more.

Note: This is purely to develop/refine peaches technical play. If you want neutral game meta I recommend youtubing "EOE", "DarkPeach", "Samsora", and "Umeki" and Frankensteining everything from those together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom