• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massquerade 2: John Madman's Day Off Results - 9/28/13 - Framingham, MA

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Doubles

1: Secret of the Sexy Sons (Soma + Koolaid) ($70.00)
2: hi (Bloodcross + WICS Raptor) ($20.00)
3: Skilled Dirtiness (Cody + Fatal) ($10.00)
4: Bored Dukes (Riot + Bizkit)
5: Workers of Incredibility (etecoon + Ice Arrow)
5: Betas of Godly Divinity (DJ Delta + KC24)
7: Adventurers of Plunder (Ntarps + baobao)
7: Sailors of Godliness (Peace + WICS Dekillsage)
9: Scoundrels (WICS Afro + WICS SGTW)
9: Doctors of Indecency (Worst of all Time + Kelvin)

Singles

1: Bloodcross ($138.00) :metaknight:
2: Koolaid ($69.00) :metaknight:
3: Bizkit ($23.00) :snake: :metaknight:
4: hinkage :metaknight:
5: WICS Raptor

5: WICS dekillsage :snake:
7: Fatal :snake:
7: Cody :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight:
9: Soma :diddy:
9: Ice Arrow :popo: :diddy:
9: etecoon :metaknight:
9: KC24 :sonic:
13: Peachkid :peach:
13: Peace :marth:
13: ntarps :gw:
13: DJ Delta :luigi2:
17: Petry
17: WICS SGTW
17: Ricius King
17: Afro
17: Kurei
17: WICS Afro
17: Roan
17: Worst of all Time

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Awesome tourney, although not much to do in tourney when you have to play Bloodcross and Fatal. Huge shoutout to ntarps for bringing the GaW hype. Makes me think that there is one person out there that has never gone to a tournament that is incredible like ntarps.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
if you brought a wii, you might have a tourney replay I saved that I really need to see and I would really appreciate you sending it to me

it wasn't on the livestream tv and it wasn't bloodcross's wii.

ntarps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ntarps1
Hahaha good looks and yeah you haven't seen the last of that game n watch... maybe DK next time

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Fun tourney but please be careful of seeding me so close to kc. I understand that it happens sometimes but there were only 3 RI players this time, and we weren't that deep in losers when we played.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I made some ****ty decisions with the bracket. I was only thinking of hurrying the bracket up that I didn't notice how close RI was to each other in bracket.

#bestto

lloydirving588

Smash Cadet
ntarp was the hypest part of the venue and i actually thought forrest was kinda chill/calm, he built some enthusiasm :cool:

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Ya BC, I don't know if you remember this but Soma and I had to play round 1 at the last Massquerade also. What I think you should do is just rank the players 1-25 and then put them in the bracket like that.

Lol Raptor, that red Yoshi.

Nah ntarps, stick with all GaW, that was really good.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
17: Petry :sonic:
17: WICS SGTW :peach:
17: Ricius King
17: Afro
17: Kurei
17: WICS Afro :dedede:
17: Roan :diddy:
17: Worst of all Time :fox:

Shotouts to NE you guys are awesome. I love the laid back environment as opposed to NY/NJ's super serious try hard one. Also, NE tournaments = lets all **** on Bizkit for no reason. :awesome:

Shoutouts to ntarps for scaring the **** out of me. Nearly 3 stocked me game 1, I barely won game 2, and then I got lucky game 3 cause of bad DI. Didn't deserve that win xD good **** your Game n Watch is good.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Fun tourney but please be careful of seeding me so close to kc. I understand that it happens sometimes but there were only 3 RI players this time, and we weren't that deep in losers when we played.
As someone who has made plenty of brackets, let me say that you cannot control losers bracket. Doing so is rigging the bracket. You guys did not technically play too early in losers. It only seems like that because of all the byes. You guys played R3 of Losers, not R1 or even R2. Expecting BC to change the bracket would mean he'd have to predict who you guys lose to in winners, which is never a good idea in the first place. Had you guys played R1 of losers, I could see BC having to separate you guys more, since that would mean if you both won your R1 matches you'd be playing R2 in winners. But you guys were not exactly that close in winners even (without having to get past BC/Koolaid).

It sucks to play your own state somewhat early in losers, but expecting a TO to change a bracket predicting your winners matches sounds pretty stupid to me.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't understand bracket complaints, just get better than everyone and it doesn't matter who you have to play. if RI gets a few players at a high level then you won't be taking each other out early because you'll be beating people from other states more. like quest said about us having to play(and me being the worse player I should care more than him tbh), idgaf if I have to play him or bass or anyone in losers, if we were better we wouldn't have lost to fatal and BC

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Bizkit all I meant was in the bracket I was in slot 2 and kc in slot 4. There were 16 brackets, even if I got a tough bracket since I have no pr ranking like other players. I mean I had to play Ri before but that was when we had like 5 or 6 guys in bracket. I always try to bring RI to tournaments since most of NE comes to RI tournies. Just an observation I saw after the bracket got posted here.

Djent

Smash Champion
Outside of the top few placings, double-elim. brackets aren't that accurate even when meticulously seeded. As long as you don't have all your top seeds on one side, "perfect" seeding isn't as big a deal as you'd think.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Bizkit, the way it was seeded Dekillsage was 8th and KC was 9th. The way the bracket was made it was assumed they would play in losers since they were on the same 1/8th of the bracket. Basically just look at the bracket carefully to make sure RI doesn't have to play each other or like Riot and Peachkid. An accurate bracket is more important then a rapid bracket to get the tournament done quicker.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Since when does accuracy determine the speed of the tournament?

Why is this even being discussed? Will this directly make people not go to Massquerade 3? Most definitely not.

btw i dont have a confirmed date yet.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I literally said one thing, I even said I had a good time and a lot of fun. Still going to the next one, and I know I have to improve to avoid that from happening. BC apologized and I apologize for making it an issue. Everyone else is just throwing there 2 cents after the fact. Hopefully I can bring a bigger carpool for the next one too.

Top Bottom