• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 5A Results- RI Sweep

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks again for coming out everyone had a blast seeing you all :D

Melee Doubles

1: Dr and Miss ****mouth (Dave and KevinM) ($72.00)
2: First I take your jump Swag, Then I take your ***** (Mafia and Matt.Zeb) ($36.00)
3: YCZ and Stratford ($12.00)
4: Hailey and Dan (Hailey and Dan)
5: Sour Lemon (Lemon and Sora)
5: Team CT (Handsome Joe and Aber)
7: Read a Book you Stupid **** (Weapon X and SCK)
7: Team Rubber Pleasure (Jeff and Pimpfish)
9: Team Kenneth (Vark and Frame)
9: Fat Guys (Fat and Nindra)
9: Dunc and Greg (Dunk and Greg)
9: Dk Squared (Poob and Drip)

Melee Singles

1: Zoso ($84)
2: GUTS_KevinM ($84)
3: Mafia ($36)
4: MattDotGUTS ($19.40)
5: Straftford ($9.20)
5: YCZ ($9.20)
7: Sora
7: Diesel
9: Crush
9: Hailey
9: Vark
9: WeaponX
13: Pimpfish
13: Fat
13: Lemon

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I think my favorite thing about these results is that 1st and 2nd in singles got 1st in teams. 3rd and 4th got 2nd in teams. And 5th and 5th got 3rd in teams.

ycz12

Smash Ace
The only problem is that I didn't get 5th in singles, because Stratford knocked me out in 7th. I think Sora made Losers Quarters on the other side?

Shouts out:

1: Zoso We never played :(
2: GUTS_KevinM Thanks for hosting! That money match was not a good idea >_>
3: Mafia Good to see you again, man. Will consider that "choosing a less crappy main" thing. Also, your Ness sucks.
4: MattDotLATE Good to see you too! Better start working on my triple powershields.
5: Stratford Yo, we should have gotten second in teams! Also, I will beat you in tourney eventually :glare:
5/7?: Sora Weird to see you play Fox. Congrats on placing.
7: Diesel That Ganon is scary. GGs in pools, good stuff beating WeaponX.
9: Crush You keep getting better. Our match made me pretty nervous.
9: Hailey We never played either :(
9: WeaponX GGs in pools, I guess you got your revenge. I'll get you next time, though...

PS Wasn't this Mass Madness 6A, not 5A?

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
Great tournament. Very well-run as usual.

The singles results are off I think. I won 2 games in bracket, one being against somebody who was put ahead of me in the results.
In no particular order:
-SCK-fun teaming with you. Mafia would disagree, but I say stick with marth! Hope to see you next time.
-My LS crew (Dunc, Greg, Vark, Krame) don't know all of your tags)-so glad to see you all consistently coming to tournaments. You guys look better every time.
-Sora-put me out of two tournaments in a row. Better keep that young link ready. I won't be losing to your marth again :). Let's play sometime.
-Mr. Lemon-one of the most improved players this year. Always tight games between us. Great seeing you as usual.
-KevinM-thanks as always for making these happen. Finally didn't have to play you! Congrats on a great performance.
-Zoso-Congrats on winning. Nice games in bracket. The only falcon I've ever gotten to play on FOD. Should have had you game 2, but I have a feeling that sheik was coming out to wreck me game 3 anyway.
-Matt-great to see you. Nice job in bracket.
-Mafia-I'm sure you're only happy with 1st, but congrats anyway. Impressive.
-YCZ-I'm definitely gonna have to make it to one of your MIT tournaments. Great job in bracket. You are one of the most stressful players to play against.
-Diesel-nice job beating me in pools. I know you hate that match up. You're the only player I camp hard against because I just don't even know how to approach you. Very scary to play against.
-Marth player in my pool-I forget your tag, but you were real good. Hope you keep coming to tournaments. A few more stocks here and there and you could have made a mess of our pool.
-Dance game player (Nindra, maybe?) who decided to come play smash-Your marth skills were solid, but your DDR skills were freakish. Hope you keep coming to tournaments
-FAT-made bracket at your first tournament. I'm jealous. Took me forever.
-Hailey- sick teams results and nice job in bracket. Ganon/peach, a true threat.
-Stratford-this guy is good. It's nice to see a new high level player around the mass tourneys.
-Crush-downsmash. You know.
-Aber-didn't get to play you this time. Could have used some marth practice too. See ya next time.
-Pimpfish-clearly putting in the work over the last year. Nice job in pools at the last couple of tournaments.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ahh there seemed to be a few issues with results that seem to have come up
tonight. Sora looks like I owe you ten bucks that was given to YCZ because of bracket stuff being swapped! Sorry again guys it was an error on me trying to fill out a lot of the bracket that was being played put by players playing matches right after a set finished.

I could never complain about that because you guys are the reason we manage to finish so early! Also WX please tell those of your crew not on smashboards that I'm sorry about the lack of interest in a third event and to fully expect one for next time regardless of interest!

Thanks again everyone I'm truly blessed to be able to host stuff for such a rad group!

ryu422

Smash Rookie
Great tournament. Very well-run as usual.

The singles results are off I think. I won 2 games in bracket, one being against somebody who was put ahead of me in the results.
In no particular order:
-SCK-fun teaming with you. Mafia would disagree, but I say stick with marth! Hope to see you next time.
-My LS crew (Dunc, Greg, Vark, Krame) don't know all of your tags)-so glad to see you all consistently coming to tournaments. You guys look better every time.
-Sora-put me out of two tournaments in a row. Better keep that young link ready. I won't be losing to your marth again :). Let's play sometime.
-Mr. Lemon-one of the most improved players this year. Always tight games between us. Great seeing you as usual.
-KevinM-thanks as always for making these happen. Finally didn't have to play you! Congrats on a great performance.
-Zoso-Congrats on winning. Nice games in bracket. The only falcon I've ever gotten to play on FOD. Should have had you game 2, but I have a feeling that sheik was coming out to wreck me game 3 anyway.
-Matt-great to see you. Nice job in bracket.
-Mafia-I'm sure you're only happy with 1st, but congrats anyway. Impressive.
-YCZ-I'm definitely gonna have to make it to one of your MIT tournaments. Great job in bracket. You are one of the most stressful players to play against.
-Diesel-nice job beating me in pools. I know you hate that match up. You're the only player I camp hard against because I just don't even know how to approach you. Very scary to play against.
-Marth player in my pool-I forget your tag, but you were real good. Hope you keep coming to tournaments. A few more stocks here and there and you could have made a mess of our pool.
-Dance game player (Nindra, maybe?) who decided to come play smash-Your marth skills were solid, but your DDR skills were freakish. Hope you keep coming to tournaments
-FAT-made bracket at your first tournament. I'm jealous. Took me forever.
-Hailey- sick teams results and nice job in bracket. Ganon/peach, a true threat.
-Stratford-this guy is good. It's nice to see a new high level player around the mass tourneys.
-Crush-downsmash. You know.
-Aber-didn't get to play you this time. Could have used some marth practice too. See ya next time.
-Pimpfish-clearly putting in the work over the last year. Nice job in pools at the last couple of tournaments.
Hey WeaponBD,
Thanks for the Shoutout. This is Nidra the Dance Game player who came with FAT. I have to say, this being my first tournament in over 6 years was a blast. I wasn't really playing on point due to lack of warming up but it was totally amazing getting to play Smash again, especially against good players. We (FAT and I) plan on coming back for more tournaments so I definitely want a rematch next time we meet.

Top Bottom