• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 2A- 60 ENTRANTS

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can't believe how many people came out to this tournament I'm really overwhelmed at how alive the melee community is in NE and how time after time you continue to come out and have a great time at these.

The turnout was great and we managed to finish all three events with plenty of time to spare

MAINE TRAINED pretty hard but congrats to everyone who came out!!

Melee Singles:

1: Thorn ($278.40)
2: SherisexDaz ($127.60)
3: Green Roy ($81.60)
4: Bank$ ($46.40)
5: LUIGI, DESTROYER OF WORLDS ($23.20)
5: ZoSo ($23.20)
7: Andy
7: KevinM
9: KenY
9: Nuro
9: WeaponX
9: Mafia
13: Sora
13: JDog
13: Foxlisk
13: Matt.Zeb
17: Pine
17: Skler
17: Spawn
17: Travis
17: Shawn
17: Captain Crunch
17: Spife
17: Yong
25: Crush
25: Wigz
25: Edmund
25: Moto
25: Agro
25: Diesel

Melee Doubles

1: Inuixdmbrandon (Darc and Dazwa) ($115.50)
2: Four Stock Strong () ($63.00)
3: Th0rn.Zeb () ($31.50)
4: Mic Shek 1,2,1,2 (Bank$ and Spawn)
5: WoooooooW
5: Return To Forever V - Feat. Chick Corea, Jean Luc Ponty, Django Reinheart, Andres Segovia, Tony Williams, and Michael Jackson ()
7: I like Chicken Legs
7: Team Pup N Suds ()
9: Nuro and JL
9: Sour Lemon
9: Most Chose By The Hoes
9: #(Hash Tag)Team Brawl
13: We Has No Teamwork
13: TomBok
13: Frosted Flakes
13: HaileyM and WeaponX
17: No KP
17: We Do Sofa King Awesome
17: The Nicole of Mass Madness because Darc made me Come
17: Kenwigs
17: Have You Eva Gotten a B***** Pregant When You Waz Like 7

Random Draft Crews

1: Green Roy and KevinM ($22.40)
2: Th0rn and ZoSo ($6.40)
3: Mafia and Yong ($3.20)
4: Ryu Cloud and Diesel
5: Elen and Almo
5: Matt.zeb and HaileyM
7: Captain Crunch and Aber
7: Lemon and Travis
9: Sora and Moto
9: ShadowHuan and Solar
9: Neji and HotdogTurtle
9: Spife and Shawn
13: Bank$ and Larx
13: Anthony and Crush
13: Nuro and Kradi
13: MyTummyHertz and Gonzo

Skler

Smash Master
You had time for random draft crews, but not to wait 20 minutes for me and Spawn. Texts sent from while at the tourny and when DQed verify this.

Just kind of disappointed I got DQed from my last tourny.

Shoutouts:

KenY carries NH.

Ellen has the gayest Luigi <3.

Spawn is too good.

Dazwa is too ??? (??? is probably good)

Darc is still far better than he should be, what a protein ******.

I still love KevinM.

HailyM too.

Mr Wiggz is also amazing, especially for never losing faith in NH.

Everyone I played in pools was great.

Except you, Mattdogzeb; stop winning.

Th0rn is still not as good as he should be (you're like, the best smasher ever).

Banks is still way too awesome to even explain. I'm glad I didn't play you because you'd win anyways, like always.

<3 Spife, and anyone else who paid attention to my Link. I hope somebody (Spife!) picks up the torch. It's a heavy burden, but people will watch you because "LOL, Link!" It was fun, stop being so emo, smashers. Get the hair outta your eyes.

Love,
Skler.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
Had fun even though i was sick and threw up a couple of times in the bathroom. BUT!! It didn't stop my Young Link from winning. Haha. Can't wait for next one. BTW. Thank you Hailey for the bracelet! Love it <3

Elen

Smash Lord
Bracket Images here! You can copy these to the first post Kevin and I'll remove them from down here if you would like.

Singles Bracket

Doubles Bracket

Random Draft Crews Bracket

Next post is 'bout to get REAL old school. I've been waiting years for a time where it was fitting to post this masterpiece. LUIGI ALL DAY!

Elen

Smash Lord
HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, CEO AND FOUNDER OF MEN'S WEARHOUSE. I AM THE GREATEST SMASH PLAYER THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN. I WILL CONQUER THE SINNERS THAT SURREPTITIOUSLY STOLE THE TITLE OF THE "BEST". THE FIRST CONQUEST WILL BE KOREAN DJ, A BETRAYER OF HIS BLOOD. HIS RACE SHOULD STAVE OFF THE SUPERLATIVE URGE TO SUCCEED AT SMASH AND SURRENDER THEIR STALWART SKILL TO THE SCI-FI SINGLE, STARCRAFT. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THE TARES OF HIS TELOS AND TURN HIM TOTALLY USING MY TORRID TIGRESS-TICKLER. THE SECOND CONQUEST WILL BE MEW2KING, THE USURPER OF THE THRONE. HIS HORRIBLE HUBRIS WILL HEAR HORROR AS I SHOW HIM TO THE HOUNDS OF HADES, FOR I AM OF THE REAL ROYAL LINE OF MEWTWO, MY RETICENT READER. MY THIRD CONQUEST WILL BE THE PANDERER CHU DAT. FOR HIM TO GAIN SUCH SKILL AND STAY SEXY, HE MUST HAVE SORDIDLY SOLD HIS SOUL TO A SUCCUBI. HIS CHERUBIC, CHILDLIKE CLIMBERS WILL CHOKE ON MY CHORIZO AS I CHORTLE AT HIS CHAGRIN. MY FINAL CONQUEST WILL BE PC CHRIS, THE DECEIVER. PC DOES NOT STAND FOR THE PUBLICLY ACCEPTED "POLITICALLY CORRECT" OR "PERSONAL COMPUTER", LEADING LOVING LOOKERS OF SMASH TO BELLIGERENTLY BELIEVE THAT PC CHRIS IS EITHER MILD-MANNERED OR TECH-SAVVY, OF WHICH HE IS NEITHER. I WILL FELL HIS FLAGRANT FAST-FALLING FELONIES WITH MY FLUCTUATING FORGER OF FERVENT FEMININE FEELINGS. WHAT KINGLY CHARACTER DO I MASQUERADE AS, YOU ASK? WHY NONE OTHER THAN THE LASCIVIOUS LORD OF LICENTIOUSNESS, LUIGI. HIS TITANIC TESTICULAR TYRANNY IS SHOWN BY HIS SHFFGDGF (short hop fast fall gravity-defying green fireball). GREAT ENOUGH IS HIS GREGARIOUSNESS THAT HE GATHERS GLEEFUL GAWKERS SO THAT THEY MAY BE BEFUDDLED BY MY BALL-BUSTING BARRAGE. ALSO, THE SPACE ANIMALS ARE ***GOTS. I GUARANTEE IT.

Elen

Smash Lord
no amateur bracket?
The extra event was voted on in the tournament posting. Random draft crews had by far the most interest this time around. (I actually don't recall a single person expressing interest in an amateur bracket!) We'll be rotating events periodically though, depending on what people want to do.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, CEO AND FOUNDER OF MEN'S WEARHOUSE. I AM THE GREATEST SMASH PLAYER THIS WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN. I WILL CONQUER THE SINNERS THAT SURREPTITIOUSLY STOLE THE TITLE OF THE "BEST". THE FIRST CONQUEST WILL BE KOREAN DJ, A BETRAYER OF HIS BLOOD. HIS RACE SHOULD STAVE OFF THE SUPERLATIVE URGE TO SUCCEED AT SMASH AND SURRENDER THEIR STALWART SKILL TO THE SCI-FI SINGLE, STARCRAFT. I WILL NOT TOLERATE THE TARES OF HIS TELOS AND TURN HIM TOTALLY USING MY TORRID TIGRESS-TICKLER. THE SECOND CONQUEST WILL BE MEW2KING, THE USURPER OF THE THRONE. HIS HORRIBLE HUBRIS WILL HEAR HORROR AS I SHOW HIM TO THE HOUNDS OF HADES, FOR I AM OF THE REAL ROYAL LINE OF MEWTWO, MY RETICENT READER. MY THIRD CONQUEST WILL BE THE PANDERER CHU DAT. FOR HIM TO GAIN SUCH SKILL AND STAY SEXY, HE MUST HAVE SORDIDLY SOLD HIS SOUL TO A SUCCUBI. HIS CHERUBIC, CHILDLIKE CLIMBERS WILL CHOKE ON MY CHORIZO AS I CHORTLE AT HIS CHAGRIN. MY FINAL CONQUEST WILL BE PC CHRIS, THE DECEIVER. PC DOES NOT STAND FOR THE PUBLICLY ACCEPTED "POLITICALLY CORRECT" OR "PERSONAL COMPUTER", LEADING LOVING LOOKERS OF SMASH TO BELLIGERENTLY BELIEVE THAT PC CHRIS IS EITHER MILD-MANNERED OR TECH-SAVVY, OF WHICH HE IS NEITHER. I WILL FELL HIS FLAGRANT FAST-FALLING FELONIES WITH MY FLUCTUATING FORGER OF FERVENT FEMININE FEELINGS. WHAT KINGLY CHARACTER DO I MASQUERADE AS, YOU ASK? WHY NONE OTHER THAN THE LASCIVIOUS LORD OF LICENTIOUSNESS, LUIGI. HIS TITANIC TESTICULAR TYRANNY IS SHOWN BY HIS SHFFGDGF (short hop fast fall gravity-defying green fireball). GREAT ENOUGH IS HIS GREGARIOUSNESS THAT HE GATHERS GLEEFUL GAWKERS SO THAT THEY MAY BE BEFUDDLED BY MY BALL-BUSTING BARRAGE. ALSO, THE SPACE ANIMALS ARE ***GOTS. I GUARANTEE IT.
This is the best post I've seen on smashboards in a very long time. Did you go all luigi?

Egg$

Smash Cadet
You put on a great tourney KevinM thanks. My friends and i had a good time see you at the next one. Low tiers next time? Sora did work with young link and so did Elen with Luigi. I love melee.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Shoutouts to the amount of setups we had today. Usually we're all covered, occasionally we're short, but this time there were a LOT of TVs there. It let the tournament run smoothly and gave us a ton of space for friendlies the whole time.

Neji

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to the amount of setups we had today. Usually we're all covered, occasionally we're short, but this time there were a LOT of TVs there. It let the tournament run smoothly and gave us a ton of space for friendlies the whole time.
Definitely. I had a lot of fun playing with you dude. Good games. :)

The whole tournament was a lot of fun. I was disappointed in how poorly I performed, but whatever. There's always next time.

Gg's to everybody that I played.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You had time for random draft crews, but not to wait 20 minutes for me and Spawn. Texts sent from while at the tourny and when DQed verify this.

Just kind of disappointed I got DQed from my last tourny.

1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):

Quite frankly to have both you and Spawn come up to me and say this is the last tournament for you guys and for you personally Sky after the friendship we've had say this is the last tournament you're coming to because you weren't really feeling it and MY conduct pushed you over the edge is pretty hurtful and immature.

Read the rule.. not like I was being unfair. Aren't you guys old enough to try and not attack a friend for you guys screwing up?

Shoutouts later when I'm not tired

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
On a lighter note thanks to each and every person that came out to the tournament the amount of people was simply staggering and to have people at the end of the day saying they had a great time.. I mean that's what it's really all about to me.

That and beating Andy... Always gotta make to beat Andy.

Also Darc.. I gotchu on my back baby ;)

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
On a lighter note thanks to each and every person that came out to the tournament the amount of people was simply staggering and to have people at the end of the day saying they had a great time.. I mean that's what it's really all about to me.

Good tourney. I'll definitely be at the next one.

Banks

Smash Hero
Great tournament, so many people and lots of great sets.

1: Thorn - good shiiiiiiiiiiiet bro
2: Dazwa - a really solid set, idk if it being that close hurts more or less, or both.... lol, I really can't john about anything though, you just pulled it out. swag.
3: Darc - I was content with our set all in all should've been a bit more patient at the end. especially game 1. but i avoided rests and didn't get goofy'd on which I was concentrating on this time lol.
4: Bank$ - 4th all day
5: Elen - Your luigi is officially top 5 in NE lolol
5: ZoSo - **** my pants the whole set. you were a lot more patient and collected than I was, I had to try so hard not to do stuff I knew you knew I would do. Then I did it. #paperscissors #rollspotdodge
7: Andy - We met again and the win you got on me in 1998 is lookin kinda distant. lmao jk, good games foreel
7: KevinM - pooped on my fox in crews
9: KenY - didn't play WTF. nice to see you tho, as always
9: Nuro - odd pools characters but really quality games nonetheless
9: WeaponX - fun friendlies, you *** paddled my falco p hard
9: Mafia - falco vs fox mm? enjoy the money =(
13: Sora - young link swagger/gagger
13: JDog - didn't play i don't think, catch u at hog i assume
13: Foxlisk - gg's, you have a smart falco
13: Matt.Zeb - didn't play but it was glorious to lay eyes on your fresh face
17: Pine - <33 wherefore art thou mario
17: Skler - link reppin', good too see you with the RPI shirt
17: Spawn - fun teaming, sorry I sucked balls at times =/ but we still did just fine haha
17: Travis - you have a nice falco, you need to make up a fake name for ppl to call you at here
17: Shawn - you have really solid fundamentals, I think if you avoid grabs a bit more thru ur movement/smart shielding the matchup would seem easier. but it is balls no matter what lol
17: Captain Crunch - yo luis mah d00d, you're so damn good. if you get a bit more consistent you'd be ripping *******s double time
17: Spife - gg's my friend, your sheik is has come a long way since the days of old. you had some solid tricksies too
17: Yong - didn't play, but I heard samus is top tier
25: Crush - the youngster with the winning spirit! we'll play at hog
25: Wigz - glad you came, old school status VIP
25: Edmund - didn't play, but we'll get it done somewhere soon
25: Moto - didn't play?
25: Agro - didn't play?
25: Diesel - yo you belong in the top ten at LEAST son, that's how you SPOSED to rock it. It's a tough road with ganon, but you chose your path and have been taking a hot dump on many in the way. you're due for fecal spew soon, i can smell it.

shouts to all the peeps not in bracket that i can't copy paste
Larx - our crew will live on in spirit.
Tommy CK Fuller - nice to be in your company as always good sir
HaileyM - nice to see you guuurl* *sorry for saying bro, it's automatic lmao
Shawdow HUAN, Nick, Almo - gg's in pools, all good sets
Fatal - lookin pretty solid at melee, glad to see you
everyone i played - good games, funfunfun

game underground - SWAG
kevinM - well run!
only a crazy person would do this again next week, anyways cya in CT next week

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i played like total **** at this, in just about every MU and player i played against except, oddly enough, falco and falcon players

none of the good DI i've developed, simple but missed kills, SDs and counters like it's '08. a bad day for me in general, shoulda just went all sheik or not entered :urg:

i do have some shoutouts tho lol

Darc: i tooks stocks! My next goal is to force the puff out

Banks: we need to play a set where i don't SD half my total stocks. I could at least make it a challenge i think.

Shawn: one of the best sets i played in the pools, even tho i lost. I don't even know who you are or where you came from but you have a great falcon. We pretty much took turns with the combos lol

mytummyhurts: salt. Next time it'll be my sheik. Also this was not your 2nd tournament. I dk if you were deliberately lying or if i simply misunderstood you. I'm gonna go with the second one since i try not to assume to worst of ppl. If it is the first one not cool

nuro: lol fox vs sheik. Took you off guard with marth tho (i think). ggs

almo (?): i want rematches lol

hotdogturtle: amazing random character casuals. I still have no idea why my doc (which doesn't exist) was moving better than my marth tho lol

larx: i have improved my anti falco game, you're not as bad against marth as you think (FD excluded looooool)

Solar: i'm sorry for the bad playing. It just wasn't my day dude, it was bad luck on your part that i pulled your name

ryucloud: if you only know how disappointed i was in myself that you beat me so easily. -_-

that link player: just starting out i assume. Keep with it. Oh and spamming upB is generally a bad idea. Just saying

Crush: i was impressed with the tech skill, but not intimidated in the slightest. I eagerly look forward to a best of 3 against you.

Sora: where'd that falco come from. Also LOL at the falcon combos vs mewtwo. Hitting his tail, for shame :troll:

weapon X: that hidden wolverine! Gonzo described your peach as sneaky. I think that's a good description lol. Despite how it looked for me against solar later (lol solar :awesome: ) i've been working on the matchup, hope it showed.

Mafia: good one friendly lol.

The pikachu player: i still forget you name. Remember that pikachu's upsmash is amazing lol

Anyone else i player: good games i guess, i don't remember lol

@ the girl who played pikachu: i couldn't figure on a non-awkward way to ask if the baby is yours so i just assumed it was lol. Soooooo cute, felt a little bad for him\her tho, it was so loud there. Nice chatting with ya too. Pikachu!

@ the brawl players: i'm disappointed in the players of my game, you guys are so much better at trash talk (that one guy esp) Hilarious stuff

peace

:phone:

Almo

Smash Ace
I don't come to melee tournaments often, but when I do, it's always fun.

shoutouts to everyone I played in pools, teams, and 3rd event

shoutouts to elen for carrying me in random crews

shoutouts to fatal teaming with me and us actually not doing terribly lol

shoutouts to kevinm for running the tournament

shoutouts to brawl kids

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
KevM- Sorry I was rude to you. I just didn't know when you said don't leave you meant "if you leave I'm dq'ing you" and was in such shock that I just wanted to blame someone even though technically in the rules it does say 5 mins and you're out (let's be super serious about a local tourny guys). If I were to'ing and it was some veteran that I've known forever I would do more to find that person. I talked with Tommy a bit and I'm cooled down now. If I don't want to be dq'd I'll make sure I don't leave the venue for any reason/actively tell everybody I'm leaving and call/text if I have a match/seek out my next match and talk to that person to give contact info to.

Ggs everybody. Remember local tournaments are supposed to be super serious.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevM- Sorry I was rude to you. I just didn't know when you said don't leave you meant "if you leave I'm dq'ing you" and was in such shock that I just wanted to blame someone even though technically in the rules it does say 5 mins and you're out (let's be super serious about a local tourny guys). If I were to'ing and it was some veteran that I've known forever I would do more to find that person. I talked with Tommy a bit and I'm cooled down now. If I don't want to be dq'd I'll make sure I don't leave the venue for any reason/actively tell everybody I'm leaving and call/text if I have a match/seek out my next match and talk to that person to give contact info to.

Ggs everybody. Remember local tournaments are supposed to be super serious.

For what it's worth, I don't think a TO should have to specify don't leave because your match is coming up vs don't leave because your match is coming up and if I call it and then have to wait 25-30 minutes you're DQ'd.

The match was in progress for 30 minutes and Jdog came up 2-3 times to ask if you were back in the venue.

After being a participant at Mass Madness for 3 years the number one complaint people always have is that the tournament would run really late and seem to be rushed towards the end. My number one concern was making sure the matches were being run on time and if I have to DQ people to show that this isn't some kind of joke where the tournament is being run on YOUR own time instead of a schedule that it's an unfortunate aspect of being a TO.

I in no way shape or form wanted to DQ anybody from a tournament, let alone people who's company I enjoy. The fact that you were saying I ruined your last tournament experience is not a fun thing to have to hear while I'm still trying to run the rest of the tournament and play in it myself. And then to have Sky come up to me afterwards and tell me that the DQ pushed him over the edge and he wasn't coming back bummed me out for the rest of the day.

Locals aren't some "Super serious business" or whatever but the fact of the matter is both you and Sky are saying, you could have called us, texted us, tracked us down as if I wasn't already in the process of running a tournament and setting up a side event for 58 other people who were still in the venue.

This is the last thing i'm going to say on the matter, I respect both of you guys and I had thought we could be mature on this but with the jabs both of you guys want to take about "Oh locals are super serious business now" or Sky going into the thread saying "You had time to run a third event, but not time to wait 20 minutes for me and Spawn" has just killed my enthusiasm to talk any more about it with you guys.

Pine

Smash Ace
Quoted from my good friend Mary J Blige

So tired, tired of this drama
No more, no more
I wanna be free
I'm so tired, so tired

We ain't in high school anymore kids.

Top Bottom