• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 27 - 9/10 - Framingham, MA

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
60 entrants. Wow. I was blown away and I can't thank you all enough for being there. (Also for not complaining about the length of the event.. I actually fell asleep a little during grand finals :awesome:)

I'd like to give a shoutout to Jamie for being the best venue owner in the world, he's as much a part of this community as we all are && I'm proud to say Mass Madness will now be in the extremely capable hands of KevinM and Elen.

These last 3 years have been an amazing experience for me. Through running this and Hall of Gaming I had the pleasure of meeting everyone in our community and although I may not always remember your tags I always recognize faces. I hope I continue to see everyone at events and get to play more of you! So many new faces have joined lately and I'm excited to see where you'll all go in terms of skill.

Those who have been around since the first MM I ran can tell you I've grown a lot as a TO. All of the criticism I've received has helped me shape the events to the best I could make them. Even still I'm thinking of ideas as to what I can improve upon and if I run another event I'll be eager to apply them.

This has been an invaluable experience. Thank you all so much for your support <3

P.S.
What Do You Think Of Irish Mafia's Haircut?
Spoilers: Morgue nails it on the head.

Pro Bracket
1: KoreanDJ
2: th0rn
3: Darc
4: MCZ| wWw juice.Dazwa :younglinkmelee:
5: MacD
5: Spawn
7: Banks
7: Zoso
9: Skler
9: Arc
9: KevinM
9: Mafia
13: Andy
13: AwsmSean
13: Nuro
13: Spife
17: Blanky
17: s l o x
17: Diesel
17: WeaponX
17: ycz6
17: Loki
17: JDog
17: Morgue
25: Boxman
25: Mr Lemon
25: Ryu Cloud
25: Crush
25: Yong
25: Agro

Amatuer Bracket
1: Icy Light
2: Nuris
3: Shawn
4: HaileyM
5: bolt
5: Proskater
7: Sora
7: SOLAR
9: Elephant
9: X-Ia
9: Octave
9: Tom
13: HotDogTurtle
13: Gary Oak
13: Squid
13: Green Beanz
17: Flow
17: Terranoia
17: Daki
17: MattDotZeb
17: Tichinde925
17: QTip
17: Egg$
17: MyTummyHertz
25: Joop
25: Gotpho
25: Ice Arrow
25: Majority
25: DarkDragoon
25: Greg D

Doubles Bracket
1: Taric + Caitlyn (Darc + MacD)
2: That **** Cray (Banks + th0rn)
3: Team MCZ (Dazwa + Mafia)
4: Test Your Luck (Elen + KoreanDJ)
5: GG Bot Lane Feeds AFK in Base PZ (KevinM + Trees)
5: Ninja Turtles (Hayato + KrazyJones)
7: IcySpawn (Icy Light + Spawn)
7: Magistrate of Skraah (SOLAR + Skler)
9: AssDotMan (AwsmSean + MattDotZeb)
9: Falcon and Ganon getting off today (F.A.G.G.O.T.) (Diesel + Morgue)
9: Bed Time Magic (Blanky + JDog)
9: Throw **** (Sora + Spife)
13: Womens Rights (Aggro + Loki)
13: Whoa re you (ycz6 + Squid)
13: TCF (Crush + Bolt)
13: Did you know nair comes out on frame 3 (HaileyM + The Zebra)
17: Ice Arrow + Majority (Ice Arrow + Majority)
17: Fighting Mongooses (Budai + Cogsmooch)
17: Lighthousewhitehousewhiteswagwhitehouse (Boxman + Larx)
17: Nick x 2 (Egg$ + Mr. Lemon)
17: Slowbro (Elephant + QTip)
17: Warwick Guys (Yong + Shawn)

Spife

Smash Master
Sooooo he murdered them with his charm?

also shout out to 60 entrances, didn't we hit about 70 on the release of brawl tourny? The melee mass madness after that? Sub-30.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sooooo he murdered them with his charm?

also shout out to 60 entrances, didn't we hit about 70 on the release of brawl tourny? The melee mass madness after that? Sub-30.
137. That was the most I've hosted and it was Brawl. :c

bolt.

Smash Ace
For the record I actually made pro bracket. On the ride back I realized only 4 people made it out of my 10 man pool and I was 5th seed.:urg:

Whatever... I got some good puff practice in amatuers and actually learned a lot.

Spife

Smash Master
137. That was the most I've hosted and it was Brawl. :c
nah dood my first 100+ man tourny was rom1. I'm talking about the night brawl was released, when everyone got in line to buy it. I don't think there were 100 entrances there.

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
For the record I actually made pro bracket. On the ride back I realized only 4 people made it out of my 10 man pool and I was 5th seed.:urg:

Whatever... I got some good puff practice in amatuers and actually learned a lot.
You and your Falco. I'll get you next time with my more spamful Young Link!! >=0 WHERE YOU AT!!

bolt.

Smash Ace
You and your Falco. I'll get you next time with my more spamful Young Link!! >=0 WHERE YOU AT!!
Yooooo, my falco is in the lab right now, there isn't any way I'm losing.:) I'm going to put so much time into this game. GG's though, it was fun getting to play your young link.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
subscribing, shoutouts soon

ggs all

edit: matt, i ended up being wrong about how i'm supposed to append juice to my name, can you change my name in the results to MCZ| wWw juice.Dazwa pls pls pls pls pls?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

I'm looking at your pool sheet now..
1. Darc 9-0 (18-1)
2. Nuro 8-1 (16-3)
3. Arc 7-2 (16-5)
4. YCZ6 5-4 (13-8)
5. Bolt 5-4 (10-9)
6. Ryu Cloud 4-5 (11-9)

You're absolutely right and I'm very sorry about that. The sheet was handed to me with the numbers and rankings already on it while I was stressing about finishing the event at a decent hour. I didn't thoroughly go over it for time purposes and just skimmed it.

nah dood my first 100+ man tourny was rom1. I'm talking about the night brawl was released, when everyone got in line to buy it. I don't think there were 100 entrances there.
MM9 had 137 people IIRC. That night with everyone lining up was really cool

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Reserved for shoutouts!

Excellent tournament, it was a blast. Got to play a lot of great people and I feel like I improved immensely as the night went on. Will definitely start attending more tournaments in the future and host some as well.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Wow mattdotzeb and SOLAR must have done some hardcore sandbagging this tourney =/

Cool results. Were pools recorded?

EDIT: you're probably just too fat andy :p
I mean tall

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This tourney was amazing, one of the best I've ever been to. Huge turnout and lots of old players showing up.

Jamie: Happy birthday. Cake > anything at Brawl tournaments. Best venue owner.
Dazwa/Darc/Boxman: I feel like I have some special connection with you guys.
Sphere/Fats (who won't even read this): WTF @ you guys being there. Biggest surprise of the whole tournament.
Shawn: Thanks for bringing Project M. I know we didn't get to play for too long but I really enjoyed it.
HaileyM: Closest match ever. The whole set was fun and pretty challenging for me. But that ending was insane.
Mattdotzeb: I had a lot fun in our set too, even though later analysis showed that you were probably sandbagging. I felt like I played well just by keeping up with you.
Zoso: Throughout our matches, my one thought was "I just came close to beating Mattdotzeb and now I'm losing to a guy who took character requests from a guy sitting next to him?" GGs, you're way too good for me still.
Crush: I think you surprised a lot of people with how good you were. I heard people talking about you more than once.
Mattdotzeb, again: I watched some of your later matches and I saw you messing around with stupid things that shouldn't and didn't work, like missing several rests in a row against Ice Climbers. That's probably why I almost beat you.
Joop: Don't give up on that Pikachu. I love seeing dedicated non-top-tier mains.
Icylight: You won the amateur bracket! I know that you played Melee on the side/more since you quit Brawl, but I didn't realize that you were this good.
ycz6: I didn't know that you were there until I heard your name called late in the tournament, but I didn't have a chance to introduce myself. Sorry.
Mattdotzeb for the third time: Good **** on running a tournament that lasted until 1AM. No hard feelings; we all know that you were going to miss your time TOing Mass Madness so you tried to make the experience last as long as possible :awesome:
Fighting Mongooses: I didn't see or hear you there (or pay attention to doubles at all), but I approve of your team name.

Ryucloud

Smash Journeyman
A Place Where *****s Are Real=Rhode Island BABY!!!

its funny cause i talked to you before about that i really didnt want to enter singles but it was cool play some old faces

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like seeing Darcs post knowing he got third and did well

skipping Matts

then reading Hayato's

Who didn't even enter LOL

People need to be more optimistic

I saw so many amazing people yesterday, I was disappointed with my placing but really happy with how the event turned out people wise.

Can't wait to start running these and will have a thread up for it soon :).

Max?

Smash Champion
Good **** Spawn!!

Shoutouts to the homies, I'll come **** you all next time.

Oh, and shoutouts to brookman for entering and ****** as usual.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I like seeing Darcs post knowing he got third and did well

skipping Matts

then reading Hayato's

Who didn't even enter LOL

People need to be more optimistic
I guess I could word it differently for the appearance of others, but when I say I'm bad, sad and mad it's the same as when I say I'm fat. I know I'm not actually bad/fat, but I'm just not where I want to be. I want to get better/more fit.

If that clarifies anything for you.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've got videos from Singles GF/LF/WF and Doubles LF/WF on my laptop (including one which is 13GB because people forgot to stop recording when the match was done, whoops), and will upload them onto my Youtube account as soon as possible (unless Matt wants otherwise?).

Quick question: On the Bank$/th0rn team, who played which character (Fox/Sheik) in Losers Finals?

Less quick question: The video labelled "zoso vs dazwa" has, in order: Marth > Sheik, Sheik > Fox, Fox > Sheik, Fox > Sheik (Brinstar), Fox > Jiggs, Fox > Jiggs, Red Fox > Green Fox, Green Fox > Red Fox, Green Fox > Red Fox, Fox > Luigi, Luigi > Fox (probably AwsmSean vs. KevinM?). Anybody have any idea who these might be? They took place between "banks vs spawn r2" and "arcVsAwsmSean." There are no tags. They all seem like tournament matches.

Octave

Smash Ace
Crush, you're like 12.

Had a blast at this tournament despite real life issues. Finally won a pools match :bee: All it took was dropping Link for ICs.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Quick question: On the Bank$/th0rn team, who played which character (Fox/Sheik) in Losers Finals?
Banks (Sheik) + th0rn (Fox)

Less quick question: The video labelled "zoso vs dazwa" has, in order: Marth > Sheik, Sheik > Fox, Fox > Sheik, Fox > Sheik (Brinstar), Fox > Jiggs, Fox > Jiggs, Red Fox > Green Fox, Green Fox > Red Fox, Green Fox > Red Fox, Fox > Luigi, Luigi > Fox (probably AwsmSean vs. KevinM?). Anybody have any idea who these might be? They took place between "banks vs spawn r2" and "arcVsAwsmSean." There are no tags. They all seem like tournament matches.
Marth > Sheik - Zoso (Marth) vs Dazwa (Sheik)
Sheik > Fox - Zoso (Fox) vs Dazwa (Sheik)
Fox > Sheik - KoreanDJ (Fox) vs Dazwa (Sheik)
Fox > Sheik Brinstar - KoreanDJ (Fox) vs Dazwa (Sheik)
Fox > Jiggs - KoreanDJ (Fox) vs Darc (Jiggs)
Fox > Jiggs - KoreanDJ (Fox) vs Darc (Jiggs)

iunno the rest

xHayatox

Smash Lord
I no enter singles. Teams more fun. Maybe next time I'll donate some money for singles. I had to leave too soon that day :( I woulda entered 3(

:phone:

Top Bottom