• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 1A- Now Hosted by KevinM and Elen

Maybe

Smash Cadet
I probably will be attending, this is my first tourney so can someone explain to me all the stuff that goes on before/during the match?

I mean like, stage striking before/during and things of that nature. I would really appreciate it!

To clarify, I'm a little confused what would happen after one match is played. The winner of the match gets to ban another stage? As in from the counterpick stages? And after the next match, the winner again gets to ban another stage?

Nuris

Smash Lord
After the a match, you forget about all the stage striking.

Winner of last match bans 1 stage. It can be any stage, neutral, counterpick, anything.
Loser of last match chooses the next stage to play on from the entire list of neutrals and counterpicks excluding the 1 banned stage.
Winner chooses his character.
Loser chooses his character.

This process applies to match 2 and match 3 if there is one. For match 3 the roles of winner and loser will naturally be reversed.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I probably will be attending, this is my first tourney so can someone explain to me all the stuff that goes on before/during the match?

I mean like, stage striking before/during and things of that nature. I would really appreciate it!
Stage striking usually goes in the order of first player to gets to strike 1 stage, second player gets to strike 2 in a row, then the first player gets to strike another 1 between what's left.

Players usually decide who strikes first by either who get's the first controller slot or sometimes rock/paper/scissors.

Also hype for Wings Over. I'm going there, I don't care how or what's going on. I miss it too much.

Maybe

Smash Cadet
After the a match, you forget about all the stage striking.

Winner of last match bans 1 stage. It can be any stage, neutral, counterpick, anything.
Loser of last match chooses the next stage to play on from the entire list of neutrals and counterpicks excluding the 1 banned stage.
Winner chooses his character.
Loser chooses his character.

This process applies to match 2 and match 3 if there is one. For match 3 the roles of winner and loser will naturally be reversed.
hmm, I think I've gotten a hang of it.

thanks!

Skler

Smash Master
Pine and I are going to this. We will also be winning, winning hard. Team allchat alwasy)/pup and suds/mantheon dive

:phone:

Elen

Smash Lord
Pine and Skler <3

Just want to reiterate what Kevin said. The schedule is going to be run on time. If you arrive after signups end, the tournament will already be in progress!

See you guys tomorrow!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well we'll still be there for singles tomarrow, having that hour and a half window to register will help a lot. See you guys then

also I bet that KDJ guy's gonna win singles\doubles. I hear he's really ****ing good lol

EDIT: KDJ i might take you up on a dollar money match after you're done winning :awesome:

:phone:

Top Bottom