• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 16: MANGO MADNESS - Framingham, MA - June 13-14 - Melee and Brawl

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
what needs elaboration?

For the sake of the argument, Corneria's fin is a building and so are the blocks on Green Greens. Essentially just rewriting what I wrote above:

Corneria is less stupid because Fawks retreating to the other side doesn't put him back behind a building to camp again. It also has a ledge that can be grabbed to gain invincibility frames to utilize on your approach. It also isn't right next to the edge of the stage so you can jump out off the top of the building outwards without being at risk of immediately dying to a move with horizontal knockback.

Green Greens is less stupid because the building is destructible which lets you create a horizontal angle of approach as opposed to a vertical one where you need to compete with Fox's stupidly diverse and powerful arsental of upwards attacks (usmash, uair, utilt, bair).

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
what needs elaboration?

For the sake of the argument, Corneria's fin is a building and so are the blocks on Green Greens. Essentially just rewriting what I wrote above:

Corneria is less stupid because Fawks retreating to the other side doesn't put him back behind a building to camp again. It also has a ledge that can be grabbed to gain invincibility frames to utilize on your approach. It also isn't right next to the edge of the stage so you can jump out off the top of the building outwards without being at risk of immediately dying to a move with horizontal knockback.

Green Greens is less stupid because the building is destructible which lets you create a horizontal angle of approach as opposed to a vertical one where you need to compete with Fox's stupidly diverse and powerful arsental of upwards attacks (usmash, uair, utilt, bair).

first, onetts sides arent as short as you suggest.

about green greens......can u link a match where someone is destorying blocks trying to make approaches? I have yet to see a green greens match where someone is destroying blocks for the sake of making an approach. I feel that ur green greens argument is near invalid. What you are suggesting is that it is more likely for you to get camped out on onett than green greens. I dun think its true but i guess you do. I can't really say anything about corneria.

even with you attemping to make that case, there is still no way to avoid the fact that green greens has a higher level of random occurences and stage hazards. With out a doubt they are way more uncontrollable than a bunch of cars. In the case vs green greens I feel that random occurences and stage hazards play a big part in validity

once again I've never seen someone get camped out on onett like I have on things like corneria.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ok, and how much do you think this is affected by the fact that you can probably count the number of tournament matches you've seen on onett on 1 hand ez, whereas you see a lot of Spacie counterpicks to Corneria?
would you dismiss this statement if i could not count them on 1 hand?

what you are saying further supports my case......how do you know that ppl will get camped out on onett or that the stuff you say will happen on onett? all the examples of onett ive seen havent been the case that you are describing. If there are so few examples of onett then why not have it legal and stand back waiting to say "i told you so."?

There r obvious reasons as to why certain stages should be in and out, what I am saying is thatsomething like onett is on that threshold and should be experimented with. It was int he MLG ruleset b4, so its not like it was dismissed completely like big blue or something

p.s ive made an edit to my post

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
probably not since the fact still stands that there are a lot more relevant (semi-recent) tournament matches on the other stages than Onett, but sure, endulge me. Link me to some awesometacular matches on Onett that make you think it's less gay than Green Greens.

Since you've decided to dodge the Corneria thing too, I take it that means that you're willing to admit that Onett camping is gayer and stupider than Corneria camping?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I've never seen somebody camp on Onett, however I've seen it plenty on Corneria and Green Greens.

Just tossing that out there.
</post that should be ignored>

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'm sorry, but this is a terrible line of argument for you to take.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO HAVE ONETT LEGAL IF YOU DON'T WANNA CAMP LIKE A GIANT ******?

I'm dead serious, why do you want to play the stage?

And if you say to listen to Mother 2, I hate you.

Banks

Smash Hero
i believe you are suppsed to say "Aye" as in aye aye cap'n

i persoanlly just want to use kirby on rainbow cruise, and roy on green greens. thats my tourney strat

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but this is a terrible line of argument for you to take.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO HAVE ONETT LEGAL IF YOU DON'T WANNA CAMP LIKE A GIANT ******?

It's true. Fox is completely ********, and he becomes infinitely ******** on Onett. The only reason Swift is arguing is because he mains fox and wants a stage to be weirdly ******** on.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This will never happen :D
But you beat jman and jman can beat mango (yeah)

^_^

Spife

Smash Master
I didn't see this mentioned, but infinites against walls anyone? I'm sure you can infinite against green greens blocks as long as your shine doesn't hit them (unless they break the blocks or hit a bomb >_>) and there's cornerias fin but I feel like Onetts walls are much more dangerous.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
i kind of like the good music on hyrule... lets legalize that as well
swift, if you like mother 2 so much why don't you just bring an mp3 player? actually listening to the game sounds is over rated. :)
and adhdfoy - Im going to money match you on pokefloats and get revenge for MM14...

edit: I.
I like onett too... but shouldn't this argument be somewhere else?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Green Greens is banned at this tournament, so it's kinda pointless to argue about that stage here.

I.
didnt knwo that, and good ****, but my desire is well beyond the scale of this tourney alone. I'm striving for an complete ban on green greens

swift, if you like mother 2 so much why don't you just bring an mp3 player?
you ever try to play music on headphones during a tourney match? I have I dun like it.

i wanna enjoy the scenery and hear mother 2.

yo my bad if it seems like I ignored you about corneria. I simply said I had nothing to say about it. Like I suggested at the beginning of this, that my argument against green greens was way more important and prevalent. WHat you said about corneria was fine, no quarrels against what you said there. I can't respond to something that I have no problem with.

BUT ima ride the green greens should be banned indefinitely bus till the wheel fall off.

I would love for you to attempt to camp onett to make a point. This would very much like how Lord Knight picked DeDeDe at a brawl tourney that only allowed for any type of chain grab by Dedede to be done in succession only 3 times. He CG'd everyone he played 3 times per initial grab and won haha. He did it to make a point. If you camped everyone or even a good amount of good players(someone better than you would be more convincing) on onett and it turned into a run away fest the whole game I'd shut up about onett FOREVER, but I doubt that happens.

Umm after all of this........

MATTDOTZEB theres only one question and you are the only one with the POWER to do it.

Is ONETT legal!??!?!?!

adhdfoy

Smash Journeyman
i kind of like the good music on hyrule... lets legalize that as well
swift, if you like mother 2 so much why don't you just bring an mp3 player? actually listening to the game sounds is over rated. :)
and adhdfoy - Im going to money match you on pokefloats and get revenge for MM14...

edit: I.
I like onett too... but shouldn't this argument be somewhere else?
You're the kid i 4 stocked then you 4 stocked me? ITS ON!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Umm after all of this........

MATTDOTZEB theres only one question and you are the only one with the POWER to do it.

Is ONETT legal!??!?!?!
Since pretty much only Mogwai and like one other person said no, and it used to be legal and then became illegal for no good reason and it was never picked much anyway......

YES

Also I ****ing love Courage.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Since pretty much only Mogwai and like one other person said no, and it used to be legal and then became illegal for no good reason and it was never picked much anyway......

YES

Also I ****ing love Courage.

Im open for a teammate, mogwai / eggm have priority(i dun think eggm is even showing) but like I'd team with you HBK unless mogwai needed a partner and chooses me.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Im open for a teammate, mogwai / eggm have priority(i dun think eggm is even showing) but like I'd team with you HBK unless mogwai has no one to team with

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Double post for emphasis.

At VERY VERY best for Onett supporters, you could argue that this conversation has established that Onett might not be as stupid in theory as Green Greens, which is banned at this tourney anyway (I don't even really agree with this conclusion, but suffice to say that I think they're both pretty stupid stages). There is no legitimate reason to bring it back. If you wanna bring up the, "won't be played much anyway" argument, I suggest that the following stages also be made legal:

EVERY ****ING ONE OF THEM

Seriously, if they're all legal, you'll only really see icicle mountain a couple times per tourney, so who really cares, right?

Onett is stupid and should've be brought back to life. Just cause I'm the only person seriously arguing against it doesn't mean that other people aren't against it or that other people not paying attention to this thread throughout there work day won't resent me cping them to a stage they didn't know was legal and have to suffer through an 8 minute camp fest.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
HBK, I'll team with you. You know how **** we are as a team. We definitely have a variety of characters at our disposal too.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Wow this thread exploded. Here's what I've gathered.

KDJ is coming.

Mango is coming.

There is a smashfest that I won't make it to.

And this thread is getting hyped.

noodles

Smash Champion
I suggest that the following stages also be made legal:

Seriously, if they're all legal, you'll only really see icicle mountain a couple times per tourney, so who really cares, right?
this should be up for consideration

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Double post for emphasis.

At VERY VERY best for Onett supporters, you could argue that this conversation has established that Onett might not be as stupid in theory as Green Greens, which is banned at this tourney anyway (I don't even really agree with this conclusion, but suffice to say that I think they're both pretty stupid stages). There is no legitimate reason to bring it back. If you wanna bring up the, "won't be played much anyway" argument, I suggest that the following stages also be made legal:

Onett is stupid and should've be brought back to life. Just cause I'm the only person seriously arguing against it doesn't mean that other people aren't against it or that other people not paying attention to this thread throughout there work day won't resent me cping them to a stage they didn't know was legal and have to suffer through an 8 minute camp fest.
Mogwai is mad.....
Everybody has to play vs him on Onett so he makes a point.

But seriously I want you to make this point that Onett should be banned. That's all. It's an experimental type of thing, if it works out then it can stay unbanned. If it gathers too many complains and you do your thing and show how campy it can be, then it will be banned again.

Thats o.o

Top Bottom