• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 10: P.A.R.L.N.O.C.K. - Framingham, MA - Jul 12, 08

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
SiYko, thanks for the offer, but I was kidding. There's essentially no way I can get to this unless I convince my non-tourney friends they have a shot at brawl, and then I'm just a jerk. I think I'll sit this one out and play melee in my room ; ;

oh that reminds me, if you do go, we need some sort of ridiculous thing like last time.
Yes, we would. I would say brawl cast MM, but I don't like brawl, so meh. Speed Racer MM or something?

Almo

Smash Ace
Yes, we would. I would say brawl cast MM, but I don't like brawl, so meh. Speed Racer MM or something?
Actually i was thinking brawl lol. I didn't really like it either, but when you play more online than offline matches, it's kind of similar to brawl and melee. Playing brawl and going back to melee makes you realize how great melee is. Playing online makes you realize how much it sucks compared to offline. So online Brawl made me like offline brawl, what can i say?

so like....I like mass madnesses....
$1 MM Melee Peach ditto on Dreamland 64. Yeah...i went there lol.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
the following message is brought to you by "Mindgames"

Okay guys we'll be running just Melee at this here event

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I think not having a doubles for ssbb is pretty ******** seeing as how doubles is pretty much the only version of brawl that is fun.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Because he is KoreanDJ, why wouldn't he?
of course, he is the master of money match. my bad.

I'm a little sad that this tournament will probably not feature any doubles events again =(

EDIT: Dan, if you're really that deadset on getting revenge and we don't meet in the bracket, I'll throw $5 on the line. I'm not too confident in my barlw skills <_<

EDIT: Pat, I gotta agree. My opinion of game formats is currently

Melee Teams>>>Brawl Teams>Brawl Singles>Melee Singles

I tried playing Melee singles recently with some friends and I just couldn't find it exciting anymore =(. I still have fun playing Brawl singles though. I'm weird, lol.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, then Melee Doubles?

IIRC, wobbling was banned last time. Is it going to stay unbanned in the future? :D

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, then Melee Doubles?

IIRC, wobbling was banned last time. Is it going to stay unbanned in the future? :D
As it is with me and Elen rotating on making the topic, it is with Wobbles being banned.

Elen makes topic = Wobbles Banned
MattDotZeb makes topic = Wobbles Allowed

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
of course, he is the master of money match. my bad.

I'm a little sad that this tournament will probably not feature any doubles events again =(

EDIT: Dan, if you're really that deadset on getting revenge and we don't meet in the bracket, I'll throw $5 on the line. I'm not too confident in my barlw skills <_<

EDIT: Pat, I gotta agree. My opinion of game formats is currently

Melee Teams>>>Brawl Teams>Brawl Singles>Melee Singles

I tried playing Melee singles recently with some friends and I just couldn't find it exciting anymore =(. I still have fun playing Brawl singles though. I'm weird, lol.
This is possible and we would have to be very strict about tourney matches. If I am going I will make this happen but if i'm not there wish me luck at MLG orlando for Gears of War. We would also need alot of set-ups too!

ThreeX

Smash Lord
^YESSSSSSSSS

matt, you said at mm8 you'd have a crew, did we? NOPE

matt, you said at mm9 we'd have a crew, did we? NOPE

crew battle now, or no more falco seckz aka falco ditto's.

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
CAT FIGHT AND MEMPHIS ARE GOING TO WIN IN TEAMS

no one can handle grazeiness which is us
thats the most polar opposite team i've ever seen

you with your white t-shirt and catfight with his weird afro

catfight's dead silence and motionless face, you with your annoying laugh and frequent outbursts

you with your hyperactive sonic and chaotic style, catfight with his steadfast zoning and calculating movements

to quote ivan drago, "you will lose"

ThreeX

Smash Lord
banks+th0rn aren't going either... wow, to be honest, i think this is gonna be lame. Mattdotstubborn, change the date.

or wait, better idea...

mm10 - July 12th

mm11 - July ??? :D

Deck Knight

Smash Rookie
rules said:
You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.
Does it have to be a wireless controller like a Wavebird or can I use my Wired GC Controller?

On a similar note, are reconfigured buttons (e.g. C-Stick Specials) banned? I use all the default settings, but it's just a curiosity.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
He has a point.
Thing is that most people can't come to this. So I'm thinking we do mainly melee then brawl on the side.

Then for the next MM with more people do almost entirely brawl and consider melee.

Make sense?

Deck Knight

Smash Rookie
He has a point.
Thing is that most people can't come to this. So I'm thinking we do mainly melee then brawl on the side.

Then for the next MM with more people do almost entirely brawl and consider melee.

Make sense?
Looks like I'll have to bone up on Melee then.

The only question is who I should focus on, since Melee has so many tournaments that an "underdog pick" isn't worth as much awesomeness anymore.

Top Bottom