• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Vanguard is the close range guy? Yeah that one is suicide on Insane.

If you download the firepower pack you get the semi-auto AR and combined with the Soldiers ability you just ruin the enemy.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Vanguard is the close range guy? Yeah that one is suicide on Insane.

If you download the firepower pack you get the semi-auto AR and combined with the Soldiers ability you just ruin the enemy.

Well, yeah...I mean, that AR is almost as powerful per shot as that one Sniper Rifle. So, giving it to a class like a Sentinel that can refill their shields by 100% and then have a shield with another 100% at the push of a button every 6 seconds...yeah.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Though the Soldiers ability slows down time, strengthens the weapon and removes its recoil. Plus it can get you out of sticky situations thanks to slowing down time and running like a *****.

I'm sure you could complete insane with more than 1, but the Soldier is definately your best bet.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I mean, most starting people go with Soldier for the first playthrough and then switch to either Sentinel or Vanguard when they want something different. People tend to go to Adept for a challenge after, and Infiltrator when they want something totally different. I've literally NEVER heard of people talking about an Engineer run or using the class before.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Thing is in ME2 half way through the game you get to choose another weapon, so I was an Engineer with a sniper.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I just finished my first run on me2, super fun game. Soldier seemed really op though, adrenaline too strong. Played the game on second highest difficulty and that was really fun. Some of the mid game missions were tough.

I'm really looking forward to 3, although I skipped 1 and an unsure if if want to play 2 again.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I don't think I've ever played through on insanity before. Maybe tried it for a few min once but a long time ago. I think the easiest class to use on normal difficulty is adept, made the boss battle ridiculously easy compared to my playthrough as a soldier. Sometimes having all those powers just makes me feel like I'm cheating. Plus I tend to get lost in the confusion when there are lots of enemies at once, so singularity really helps out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever played through on insanity before. Maybe tried it for a few min once but a long time ago. I think the easiest class to use on normal difficulty is adept, made the boss battle ridiculously easy compared to my playthrough as a soldier. Sometimes having all those powers just makes me feel like I'm cheating. Plus I tend to get lost in the confusion when there are lots of enemies at once, so singularity really helps out.
I always recommend Sentinel to people as it (and according to some, Vanguard, but I've never used it yet, so don't know) plays kind of like a weird cross between Soldier and Adept to me. Even though you don't start with AR, Shotgun, or Sniper Rifles.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, people told me ME2 is about 20-30 hours. I just finished Horizon, and have recruited/done a few loyalty missions and I'm at 21 hours. My main issue being I have to talk to everyone to make sure I don't miss out on anything after every mission :O. I think I'm gonna log about 35-40.

Also, is Arrival worth it?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, people told me ME2 is about 20-30 hours. I just finished Horizon, and have recruited/done a few loyalty missions and I'm at 21 hours. My main issue being I have to talk to everyone to make sure I don't miss out on anything after every mission :O. I think I'm gonna log about 35-40.

Also, is Arrival worth it?
I think Arrival's really good and worth it. And as for how long ME2 is, well...it took me over 50 hours both times before I think.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh wow. Yeah, I'm exploring almost every area. I enjoy reading the codex entries to every planet. Definitely gives a bit of layer and depth to the overall lore and story of the game. Something I wish other games would spend time doing. I'll probably decide later on if Arrival is worth it given it's 7 bucks. I was reading on Gfaqs that people hate Jacob. I like him and after doing his loyalty mission...I mean...I found that mission to appeal to me a lot. Mainly, because...

It has a sort of Fallout theme where the strandees have gone insane from the toxic food. All the while, the confrontation with Jacob's dad is all that more meaningful when you find out what he had done. I really felt bad for Jacob.

It's weird though, I remember playing Dragon Age, and while the games play different in terms of mechanics, I never did have much fun with the lore. Guess I prefer modern age/sci fi to medieval.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Don't buy Arrival.

First buy Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi. I'd say buy Kasumi before the game starts seeing as though she's an extra teammate, and don't forget to pick up Zaeed because he's free assuming you got the game first hand. But if you're going to buy any of the 3 story DLC definately buy Lair of the Shadow Broker first.

Then buy Overlord and Arrival. Overlord is a dark, almost horror, style story and Arrival is about a dramatic story moment which bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3.

Even though you can do it before the suicide mission it makes more sense to do it after, plus there's a little easter egg for doing it after the suicide mission.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Wait, I got the game first hand but definitely have Zaeed, was that some cerberus network nonsense I needed to deal with?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh right, I forgot about Kasumi and Zaeed being extra DLC. I got my PS3 one first-hand, so I only remember having to buy some weapon/armor packs and Arrival. Kasumi's awesome, and Zaeed's like a boss, lol.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I didn't like Overlord, too creepy for me. And I was ticked at what they did to that guy. Lair of the Shadow Broker I thought was really good.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm still not familiar with all the DLC missions you can get, but from my understanding, Arrival is the only one you have to purchase. I already got Zaeed and Kasumi as members.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I mean, I got mine new and had that. Though, I went and checked the Mass Effect Wiki and it said this on the subject:

"Copies of the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2 include the following:
The full Mass Effect 2 game
Blood Dragon Armor
Kasumi - Stolen Memory
Overlord
Lair of the Shadow Broker
One Cerberus Network activation code."

And

"These items are available for players to download upon activation of the Cerberus Network:

Normandy Crash Site
Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
Cerberus Weapon and Armor
Arc Projector
Firewalker Pack
Mass Effect: Genesis (PlayStation 3 only, Xbox 360 and PC owners must purchase Genesis separately)"

Hope that clears some things up.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I felt she was.

Have you started her in-flight conversations? I think it shows.
Yes, she doesn't like the other species. Well, she has a lack of trust in them.

Also, how does the DLC work in this game? I bought ME1 used and I've heard things about a "Cerberus Network" (which I'm assuming is where if you buy a new copy of the game, you get a code to enter and all the DLC is free to DL off the network or something?) or do you have to buy it off the XBLM?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
ME1 just works like normal DLC.

ME2 you get an activation code for buying a new copy that lets you purchase DLC. Buying it 2nd hand means you have to pay 1200 MS points before you can buy DLC.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I find that they sometimes shoot up into the ceiling and stay stuck there when I command them. I'll be thinking where the **** is Tali? And then I'll see her lower half dangling out of the ceiling. Also Garrus got stuck in the wall once and continued frantically firing into the wall for a while so I just left him there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure I ran into some sort of glitch yesterday. Detected an anomaly at some planet, where you have to follow the beacon lights in a thick fog. Kasumi and sometimes Jack both kept disappearing on me, and would only "reappear" when I told them to follow me.

Overall, I'm finally back on track with the main story. Recruited Samara. I was hoping to get more "detective-y" in that mission, but oh well.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I ran into some sort of glitch yesterday. Detected an anomaly at some planet, where you have to follow the beacon lights in a thick fog. Kasumi and sometimes Jack both kept disappearing on me, and would only "reappear" when I told them to follow me.

Overall, I'm finally back on track with the main story. Recruited Samara. I was hoping to get more "detective-y" in that mission, but oh well.

The ONLY glitch I ever really ran into on my PS3 version was when my Shephard got stuck on top of a railing on the top of the stairs on Tuchunka, so I can't really complain.

And you did WHAT Sentinel? How uh...how did that seem like a good idea?

Top Bottom