• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

That makes me wonder if those are bots or not on Discord.

Speaking of which, before you transfer ownership to me, is there anything you want me to keep?
There's nothing in particular I want to keep. If anything I would keep the poll for the sake of convenience, but that is up to you.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll join in as one of those who wants Bomberman in the game. It would be fun to throw different kinds of bombs around as the guy himself at opponents. I don't know about his chances completely, but I'd like to see him.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nice! BTW, are you ShikiYakumo? Probably not since I don't recall the name but I wanted to know because he came and then left the server.
ShikiYakumo is AEMehr AEMehr . I know that because he used to be in a server I've modded.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
That's quite an OP! Good job! Hell yea... Consider me a supporter all the way. Bomberman represents so many HE TRAPPED ME IN THE ****ING CORNE-fond memories during my childhood. He's such a classic character, and his time in Smash is far overdue. Let's do this!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Just been checking out the newer DLC characters and Jehuty Bommer is super fun to play as. Not as OP as pre-nerf Pyramid Head Bomber or anything but brutally rushdown orientated in a way I never expected from Bomberman.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey people; I'm doing a little shameless advertising here; I made something for speculation sake with no favoritism in mind... BUT, Crash, Bomberman and Rayman are some of my favorites potential guests for Smash Switch; thus I'd like to share this with you guys;...

https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...-of-nintendo-recent-releases-and-more.453761/
there's valuable information for you guys bring up to discussions; Hope that will help!

I'll try to be more active in the site now on ^^'.. I have some plans to help some specific characters campaings, and you can bet that these guys will be envolved!

D

Deleted member

All right boys, let's blast into action!

I would like to thank @Xeno610 for running this thread for over a year as he did a great job with it. It is my hope to deliver a thread that is the best Smash thread anyone has seen and be the central headquarter for all Bomberman support. I have big plans for this thread and I can't wait to get started.

I will begin work at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, my next post on here will detail what my plans are and why I have decided to take over this thread.

In the meanwhile, join the Discord! It's still in the works but you're all free to chime in at any point.
There's nothing in particular I want to keep. If anything I would keep the poll for the sake of convenience, but that is up to you.
Honestly, I might discard this poll but not before adding in something else in its place.
I'll join in as one of those who wants Bomberman in the game. It would be fun to throw different kinds of bombs around as the guy himself at opponents. I don't know about his chances completely, but I'd like to see him.
Nice! Maybe his Up B could have him on a rocket blasting vertically?
Wasn’t sure if it was ok or not so I left. Sorry for any confusion.
It's fine, anyone is free to join the Discord server. Forgive me if there is any confusion. For people wondering where the Discord link is, it is in the OP. I'll be advertising the server on Twitter now in hopes of getting more fans.
That's quite an OP! Good job! Hell yea... Consider me a supporter all the way. Bomberman represents so many HE TRAPPED ME IN THE ****ING CORNE-fond memories during my childhood. He's such a classic character, and his time in Smash is far overdue. Let's do this!
I've wanted to see him in since Smash 4 speculation started but I've always been quiet about him until now because I didn't realize we could have a shot. Now that it looks as he could get in someday, I'm going in full force like I did with Mega Man. You can bet that we'll be using all tools in my disposal to get our bomber in.
Awesome! I'll have to spread this around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
This looks like a great fusion of retro 2D sidescroller and bomb-based, no jump platforming reminiscent of Bomberman 64:

**** I love seeing Nitrome still around. If they were making their old flash games nowadays they'd be able to sell most of them for $5 a pop as they already existed, $10 if they increased the level counts on them just a bit, and it shows with this that they're creative enough to stretch it out for more too. Their ability to pump out interesting and unique mechanics and explore them in a bunch of ways was sooooo refreshing. I think I blame them solely for my inability to pay attention in any class I had a computer.

JomSpoons

Smash Cadet
I definitely support this! Bomberman is my most wanted third party character for Smash, and with Super Bomberman R having come out recently after a long series hiatus, I think now is his time to shine! Super Bomberman R Shiny Edition for PS4, Xbox One and Steam are going to have exclusive Bombers for each platform (Masterchief Bomber, Rachet and Clank Bomber, and Peabody Bomber) and I think the perfect way to give Nintendo some exclusive Bomberman content would be having him in Smash Bros! Of course, that's a bit of a stretch, but it's just something that came to mind.

Question: What if, following the path of Megaman for SSB4, Bomberman for SSB5 is gonna come in his original chubby form?
https://gamefaqs.akamaized.net/box/2/5/4/51254_front.jpg
I would say likely not, as he only seems to appear like that in box art, as apposed to Megaman where he actually had that kind of appearance in game. It'd be like having this Bomberman in Smash instead of the one that appears in game. Not to mention, if we we're going by box art appearance, Megaman may look like...

However, I don't think having chubby Bomberman included in some form is a bad idea. I definitely could see it getting referenced in a palette swap or something like that. I prefer his more traditional design and would rather have that in Smash, but I could definitely see some inspiration being taken from the box art design in some way.

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well, actually the cover Bomberman I mentioned looks a lot like the NES in-game Bomberman.

StormC

Smash Hero
SNES Bomberman is way more well known than Chubby Bomberman, is the difference. Mega Man was simply put in his most iconic depiction.

Also put me down as a supporter. Bomberman is the new third party IP I'd like to see the most.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys! I know that my old Ballot signature doesn't say much, but I'm a supporter of Bomberman for sure! I think his chances are quite decent now! I have other two potential guests in my wishlist, but with likelyhood in comparison, I think he has the best shot! --So I did some research for that community list to help everybody on speculation I posted above, but of course, since I had to elaborate more on Bomberman, I thought that would be fun to put together a list of all his Nintendo appearences; Hopefully it's valuable for you guys in future discussions!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey guys! I know that my old Ballot signature doesn't say much, but I'm a supporter of Bomberman for sure! I think his chances are quite decent now! I have other two potential guests in my wishlist, but with likelyhood in comparison, I think he has the best shot! --So I did some research for that community list to help everybody on speculation I posted above, but of course, since I had to elaborate more on Bomberman, I thought that would be fun to put together a list of all his Nintendo appearences; Hopefully it's valuable for you guys in future discussions!

That's a strong history. I didn't know Nintendo had so many Bomberman exclusives

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
That's a strong history. I didn't know Nintendo had so many Bomberman exclusives
I honestly don't think he turned up on a non-Nintendo console until that horrible XBox gritty reboot we don't talk about

EDIT: NVM lmao I'm horribly wrong the first few games were on just about everything and he'd already had exclusives on everything from Atari to Sega to PlayStation :awesome:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Is amazing how the majority of the games released on Nintendo systems are exclusives. And even the few that are multiplatform, are more recognizable on Nintendo consoles, like Bomberman Jetters, which got a PS2 release but only in Japan, or even Super Bomberman R now.. the release on other platforms is definetly cool to more people experience the game, but with just the Switch release, it turned already the best selling game in the franchise above of Land Touch! on DS.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
How about his actual seven siblings as alt?

For Bowser Jr. it worked well:

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
How about his actual seven sibils as alt?
That's what I'd go with, hopefully even with a couple different voicelines for each of their personalities.

It would be cool if his costumes included some of the evil bombers too.
Oooooh, but that's a good one too dammit. They could also have different bomb designs!

Last edited:

SaltSlag

Smash Rookie
Personally I'd be really disappointed if they'd decide to use the Bomberman R voice for Bomberman

I'd prefer he be silent but if they had to give him a voice I'd rather it be something like the Bomberman Hero rendition

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We don’t really have a character like Bomberman centered around lying traps do we? Sign me up as a supporter!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lol that’s actually really sad now that I think about it... :sadsheep:

I wish we could have two Konami characters tbh
We've got two Sega characters and two Capcom characters, so it's definitely a possibility.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Duck Hunt is a bit of a trap character as well. Still would be sweet to have Bomberman though.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Bomberman is one of the most iconic third party characters not in smash, I’m surprised he wasn’t in smash 4 already, I think he’ll make it this time around

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
There's not much I can add to this thread that hasn't been already said.

So I'll just say that I never played a Bomberman game until Blast on Wii Ware; prior to that, I didn't realize how fun Bomberman's games were or how charming a character he is.

I support.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I really hope Konami and Sakurai bring Bomberman to Smash.
Hopefully that will help Snakes return.

Top Bottom