• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You didn't hear about Konami blacklisting its employees?
Yes I know.

We can understand that Konami had done all sorts of bad ****, but that's not a good reason to **** on almost every thing they do.

Even if it's giving support to one of their biggest games.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yes I know.

We can understand that Konami had done all sorts of bad ****, but that's not a good reason to **** on almost every thing they do.

Even if it's giving support to one of their biggest games.
Eh, IMO it's just a moral obligation, to show I stand in soldarity with people having their lives ****ed up by Konami.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, IMO it's just a moral obligation, to show I stand in soldarity with people having their lives ****ed up by Konami.
Well I see what you stand for. They are far from innocent with the things they do and how employees are treated.

But what choice does the Bomberman franchise has? Hudson is owned by Konami and they can't be sold by anyone else. To support Bomberman, you only open is to support them.

If you don't want to support them, that's fine. I want to support the future of Bomberman than for him to fad into obscurity again.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Even though Konami's done terrible things, I'd rather support one of their games when it's a clear step in the right direction instead of ignoring it, which (if enough people do that) would make them think that supporting their older franchises is a mistake and they should go back to sticking with pachinko machines and mobile games.

I'm not going to buy Metal Gear Survive, though, since that's about as far from "a step in the right direction" as you can get.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Even though Konami's done terrible things, I'd rather support one of their games when it's a clear step in the right direction instead of ignoring it, which (if enough people do that) would make them think that supporting their older franchises is a mistake and they should go back to sticking with pachinko machines and mobile games.

I'm not going to buy Metal Gear Survive, though, since that's about as far from "a step in the right direction" as you can get.
This is exactly my point of view on it, too.

Not only that, but don't forget that Super Bomberman R was created collaboratively with Nintendo - it's not 100% down to Konami. It shows that Nintendo wanted this key franchise from the old days to make a return on the Switch, and worked to make that happen.

D

Deleted member

As much as I don't like Konami and supporting them, the future of the Bomberman franchise is in their hands, as well as our own. If we don't support Super Bomberman R, then it's possible that Bomberman will fade into obscurity again or he'll go into another long hiatus, both of which are terrible for a franchise.
We want to show Konami that we want more games like this and we want to see more Bomberman games. We don't want to see him go away again and have Konami think the series has no future and resort to making pachinko machines.

This comment is exactly what I am thinking.
I will say that Super Bomberman R is not a perfect game, but it's a step in the right direction and there can always be improvements with potential sequels. We want there to be possibilities for sequels, not dash them away.

I'm not getting Metal Gear Survive for the same reason... it's just an insult to the franchise.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Well I see what you stand for. They are far from innocent with the things they do and how employees are treated.

But what choice does the Bomberman franchise has? Hudson is owned by Konami and they can't be sold by anyone else. To support Bomberman, you only open is to support them.

If you don't want to support them, that's fine. I want to support the future of Bomberman than for him to fad into obscurity again.
I understand your stance, I respect that. I apologize for bringing my negativity in this support thread. I do want to see Bomberman thrive, but it really sucks that the only way is through Konami.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It looks like Super Bomberman R's next update is scheduled for November. There's some new videos and information, accordingly;

Super Bomberman R - Next update in Nov., Grand Prix mode info/footage, more content teased

The Grand Prix mode allows teams of up to three players to compete against each other head to head on. These strategic battles will have new rule-sets, unique new stages, new characters and special skills.

The two teams will battle it out to see who can collect the most crystals strewn around the stage. Make your opponents drop their crystals and then steal them! You have to work together, teamwork is a must!

- if you’re defeated, the crystal scatters, so you or opponent need to take it back
- whoever has most crystals on each team shows the crown icon over their head
- this mode will be part of the next update due in Nov.
- seems more updates will be coming in the future as well, but specifics were not given

Source: Link

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It looks like Super Bomberman R's next update is scheduled for November. There's some new videos and information, accordingly;
Was that Dracula Bomber? That's just plain cool.

Now this I need to update. As long as there is substantial content is being added to the game.

D

Deleted member

I should bring this up because it is related to Bomberman.
The Wii Shop Channel is coming to a close in 2019 and you won't be able to add any funds in the Channel in early 2018.
There are games that won't be available anymore after this closure, which includes Bomberman '93 and Bomberman Hero. If you are interested in these games, I recommend you pick them up as soon as possible!
If you are curious about other titles that will also be lost forever, I recommend you watch this video from GameXplain.

I wonder if this means if there will be more story added to the game. It seems like a cutscene when I look at this video.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yet another new character is being added to Super Bomberman R. The next one will be Tako Bomber, and will be distributed via a code included with first-run copies of the Super Bomberman R soundtrack.

Super Bomberman R original soundtrack first-print copies to include Tako Bomber code

Turns out the first-print copies of the Super Bomberman R original soundtrack are giong to include something special. Each copy will include a code for the Tako Bomber character, seen above. Once the first-print run is sold out, the code will no longer be included in subsequent pressings.

Source: Link
I must admit, I have no idea who this guy is - can anyone shed any light?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yet another new character is being added to Super Bomberman R. The next one will be Tako Bomber, and will be distributed via a code included with first-run copies of the Super Bomberman R soundtrack.

I must admit, I have no idea who this guy is - can anyone shed any light?
Tako is the protagonist of the Parodius games. They are a more comical, weird, sexy take on the Gradius games having Tako or usually other Konami characters shooting at a variety of strange enemies (penguins, bunny girls, moai, cats, etc).

Seriously, the games are fun and having a cool soundtrack that is remixed public domain music. Even the boss theme is a zany Flight of the Bubblebees.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm still holding out hope for Bomberman 64: The Second Attack to come out for the Wii U eShop. I'd like to play that game again, but not so much that I'd be willing to spend $200 on it.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm still holding out hope for Bomberman 64: The Second Attack to come out for the Wii U eShop. I'd like to play that game again, but not so much that I'd be willing to spend $200 on it.
Hit me with a PM of what you are willing to spend and I'll see what I can do. It turns out my copy can't be played in the UK without some serious hoop jumping.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hit me with a PM of what you are willing to spend and I'll see what I can do. It turns out my copy can't be played in the UK without some serious hoop jumping.
Not sure how comfortable I feel about doing something like that, but thanks for the offer!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think that the new news about Super Bomberman R's next update warrants a post!

We knew about some of it before, but they've now confirmed a planned e-sports push for Super Bomberman R, and an additional world for the Story Mode!

New Update Introduces Grand Prix Mode and New Content for Super Bomberman R

EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. – November 14, 2017 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today a new update for SUPER BOMBERMAN R that includes a free 3-vs-3 game mode, as well as a stock of new characters.

Designed specifically for future eSports initiatives, the new Grand Prix mode is a team versus mode that pits two teams of up to 3 players each to battle it out in different arena stages using new characters with special abilities. The Grand Prix mode includes several matches:

"Crystal" Match – two teams compete to earn points by collecting crystals. Watch out for bombs! If you’re blown away you lose half of your crystals. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
“Basic Bomber” Match -- two teams compete against each other using standard Bomberman rules. Each team begins with a set number of lives. To win, take out your opponents to earn the most points before the time runs out.

The new update also introduces 9 new characters, a new world – World 7 – to the story mode, as well as a variety of other new stages and accessories.

SUPER BOMBERMAN R launched globally in March 2017 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™, marking a fitting return for the beloved multiplayer series. All key Bomberman elements return for the new title as players guide their Bomberman around maze-like areas using timed bombs to open walkways and take out opponents within timed sessions. In SUPER BOMBERMAN R, up to eight players can compete locally or online in the competitive ‘Battle’ mode, or up to two players can work cooperatively in ‘Story’ mode to clear stages in order to save the galaxy.
There's an image-gallery showcasing the new update here.

I think that this is really positive news, as it shows that Konami is working not only to support Bomberman's big comeback game very nicely, but also to keep Bomberman himself relevant.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't recognize some of the Bombers (the main ones that I know are Goemon and Dracula, though I'm pretty sure the giant robots are from Zone of the Enders), and I'm a bit surprised that they haven't shown any Metal Gear-themed Bomberman characters (Snake! Raiden! Big Boss! Ocelot?).

Still, it's cool to see Konami using this as an opportunity to showcase their other franchises and continue to support the game - hopefully it means that we'll get more Bomberman games in the future, and that Konami will release games for the other franchises if there's enough interest.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's becoming more and more glaring that there seems to be a deliberate lack of Metal Gear costumes.

Though if I'm eventually proven to be wrong that'd be great.

D

Deleted member

It's becoming more and more glaring that there seems to be a deliberate lack of Metal Gear costumes.

Though if I'm eventually proven to be wrong that'd be great.
Having a Snake costume in Super Bomberman R makes a lot of sense, though I feel like Konami is still bitter about the whole situation with Kojima and Metal Gear was his child.
It's possible they are holding off Snake on purpose, but part of me doubts that. I would like to see a Snake costume, though.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I think Bomberman should be in, but I don't think he should be the only Konami rep. I picture him as more of a Hudson rep.

If he gets in I hope he doesn't exclude the possibility of Goemon or Snake.

D

Deleted member

I think Bomberman should be in, but I don't think he should be the only Konami rep. I picture him as more of a Hudson rep.

If he gets in I hope he doesn't exclude the possibility of Goemon or Snake.
I doubt that Bomberman will block out Snake from getting in Smash. If third parties were only given one slot on the roster, then I doubt we would've seen Ryu and Bayonetta in the game.

Goemon would but isn't he even deader than pre-switch Bomberman?
The Goemon series is pretty dead, yes. The last game according to Wikipedia was released in 2011... and it was a pachinko machine.
Goemon is unknown in America as well. The series continued in Japan while the last game America received was released in 1998.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I have a feeling the Metal Gear costume(s) are being saved for last. If Konami isn't causing problems that is.

D

Deleted member

Super Bomberman R has sold 129K copies as indicated by first week sales by Game Data Library, using information from Famitsu. We've finally passed that 100K threshold, putting the Switch game as among the Top 10 best selling Bomberman games in Japan. With there being upcoming contents as well, there's bound to be more sales in the future. It could pass 150K providing it has really good legs.

This franchise has a future and I feel a lot more optimistic about Bomberman's chances of getting into Smash than the beginning of last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I just wanted to drop by and voice my support for Bomberman. While I didn't personally grow up with him or anything, I'd love to see him fight alongside Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Bomberman R has sold 129K copies as indicated by first week sales by Game Data Library, using information from Famitsu. We've finally passed that 100K threshold, putting the Switch game as among the Top 10 best selling Bomberman games in Japan. With there being upcoming contents as well, there's bound to be more sales in the future. It could pass 150K providing it has really good legs.

This franchise has a future and I feel a lot more optimistic about Bomberman's chances of getting into Smash than the beginning of last year.
Pretty impressive for Japanese sales. I do wonder what the worldwide sales are.
I, too, feel more optimistic about his chances.

:yeahboi:

On-Topic now, I definitely support Bomberman. He's my second most wanted newcomer.
I just wanted to drop by and voice my support for Bomberman. While I didn't personally grow up with him or anything, I'd love to see him fight alongside Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man.
Remember to click on either option on the poll to become a supporter!

D

Deleted member

Pretty impressive for Japanese sales. I do wonder what the worldwide sales are.
I, too, feel more optimistic about his chances.

Remember to click on either option on the poll to become a supporter!
That is a good question. Konami reportedly shipped half a million copies of the game and were pleased with the sales. We’d had to see if it results in worldwide sales around that number because that would guarantee a sequel with a larger budget and development time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is Bomberman Hero for the N64 a good game? I am considering getting it from Wii Virtual Console.

D

Deleted member

Is Bomberman Hero for the N64 a good game? I am considering getting it from Wii Virtual Console.
It's a pretty decent to average game. Unlike 64 and The Second Attack, it's less of a puzzle game or puzzle platformer and more of a pure platformer. The game is fun and it's a blast (heh) to play.
The thing that I don't like the most is that your life bar increases by collecting gems (which takes a long time to collect to 100, BTW) and that resets every time you turn the game off.
I honestly recommend 64 over Hero, but Hero is by no means a bad game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's a pretty decent to average game. Unlike 64 and The Second Attack, it's less of a puzzle game or puzzle platformer and more of a pure platformer. The game is fun and it's a blast (heh) to play.
The thing that I don't like the most is that your life bar increases by collecting gems (which takes a long time to collect to 100, BTW) and that resets every time you turn the game off.
I honestly recommend 64 over Hero, but Hero is by no means a bad game.
It doesn’t save your progress?

D

Deleted member

It doesn’t save your progress?
Your progress is saved every time you beat a level, but your life bar doesn't carry over for some reason. Unless you don't mind grinding, getting a full health bar is not worth it.
I remember the game being rough towards the end, too.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So seeing as Bomberman is still selling really well, was a strong launch title for the Switch, and there being a new Smash... Really hope Bomberman finally gets a shot. Reunite with Wario.

Top Bottom