• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ok, so I asked the Shovel Knight leader if he'll help us out. He said he can post a tweet about us waiting for volunteers so that we could push for SkullKid on GameFAQs and r/smashbros! So yeah, we might get some Shovel Knight fans to help out!
That's wonderful news DualGaming DualGaming . Hopefully if another Smash Ballot comes, we can push Skull Kid to be the next :ultkrool: or :ultbanjokazooie:.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is it just me, or has Smash speculation as a whole quieted down? If feels like everyones just waiting. Waiting for an understanding of what's to come.

I think we're getting a lot of characters. But there's so much mystery. A lot of weight is going to be on the first character after the pass, it will determine everyone's mindset for the future. I'm very cautious. If it's yet another third party nobody I have no connection to, smash speculation might just be dead to me. I already don't care who fighter pack 5 is. I don't even know who it is and I don't care about them.

I think there are 5 levels of hype after the pass.

Bottom level is more third parties, more nothing of interest. (there are some I might give exception to but mostly no)

4th is a newer Nintendo character. Someone who came from a game after Smash came. This would be the spirit argument would continue.

3rd is someone who's already a spirit. This would open a big wave of speculation. The amount of people who say spirit deconfirm is astounding.

2nd is an assist trophy promotion. This would break speculation in the best way possible. So many fan favourites are stuck here, hype would really build. I think someone from here is the ideal way to launch the second wave of DLC.

1st is naturally Skull Kid himself. My most wanted. This would do so much for. We'd get a new Zelda character, we'd probably get Majora's Mask music which we desperately need. Other assist trophies are on the table and all is right with the world.

Of course there are certain characters from each category who would be more hype than others from higher categories. Bandana Dee and King Boo would be incredibly hype for me and Crash would probably be more exciting than someone Daemon X Machina

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is it just me, or has Smash speculation as a whole quieted down? If feels like everyones just waiting. Waiting for an understanding of what's to come.
You're not wrong. I think speculation will probably go into full gear again when they announce the first fighter outside of the Season Pass.

But yeah, it's been so quiet here since the September 4th Direct that I might be thinking of taking a break from Smashboards for a couple of weeks or until November when Terry drops and probably the announcement of who fighter #5 is.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Excluding me, I think there's 31 people who have either helped out with SkullKid in some kind of way or are going to help push for SkullKid on either GameFAQs or r/smashbros depending on where they choose to go.

What do you guys think? Is this enough people? Do you think we need more?

I asked Isaac fans and Midna fans (this time on the Midna support server) rn, so if that's not enough then I hope they'll help out as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still think a new Smash Ballot is unlikely.

It would be nice, but he did sound like he would not want to make a new one.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Excluding me, I think there's 31 people who have either helped out with SkullKid in some kind of way or are going to help push for SkullKid on either GameFAQs or r/smashbros depending on where they choose to go.

I asked Isaac fans and Midna fans (this time on the Midna support server) rn, so if that's not enough then I hope they'll help out as well.
31? Bloody hell that's a lot. It's even enough to split up.

Where are all of them? I might have to pick a date and figure things out

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I think we need more people. In fact, we need as many people as we can get.

I still think a new Smash Ballot is unlikely.

It would be nice, but he did sound like he would not want to make a new one.
Didn't Sakurai say in a Fatmitsu interview that there wasn't going to be another Smash Ballot? Correct me if I'm wrong.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He did. My point to DualGaming was that expecting a new Smash Ballot is a poor move.
Probably so since Nintendo and Sakurai have a better idea nowadays who most people want even without the Smash Ballot data. They're actually paying attention now I believe, especially since Sakurai mentioned requests for Banjo & Kazooie were still coming in after Ridley and K. Rool got in.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
He did. My point to DualGaming was that expecting a new Smash Ballot is a poor move.
Don't mean to be rude, but I never said I was expecting another Smash Ballot. Sure, I'd like it to happen and I think it would be cool. Especially if we could push SkullKid as high as Banjo was pushed and K. Rool. It would be dope, but I don't expect it to happen.

31? Bloody hell that's a lot. It's even enough to split up.

Where are all of them? I might have to pick a date and figure things out
Most of them - from here. The ones who helped push the hashtag: "#FreeSkullKid" are from Twitter and the rest are from Discord.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Alright people, we only have around half an hour until we mush for SkullKid. I didn't mean for this to be so sudden, but I forgot to mention here that we'll be pushing for him at 6:30 PM EDT today. Make sure you guys know where and what you are posting. Also make sure the post isn't purely directed on SkullKid fans only. This'll give the posts more attention.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Also it doesn't matter if it's late, just post it anyway. Let's try and make it last all day.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
On r/smashbros or GameFAQs. You can choose which one you wanna go to.
Damn, reddit will downvote me for sure, and i dont even dare step in gamefaqs… oh well reddit it is, lol. Gonna repost that one image I edited way back when for both Geno and Skull Kid :p
oxt9pru05kh11-1.png

Edit: uh… "image submissions aren't allowed in this subreddit"… well that's LAME… I guess i will go to gamefaqs after all.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Damn, reddit will downvote me for sure, and i dont even dare step in gamefaqs… oh well reddit it is, lol. Gonna repost that one image I edited way back when for both Geno and Skull Kid :p
View attachment 240476

Edit: uh… "image submissions aren't allowed in this subreddit"… well that's LAME… I guess i will go to gamefaqs after all.
Lol, that's ok. I hope more people join in on this soon too.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Gamefaqs has a bad reputation. But the truth is the vast majority of the Smash Bros fanbase, regardless of what website they're using, is very scummy.

Gamefaqs free form nature just means people can get wilder. But it's easy to ignore and they recently introduced a block feature. You're always going to get scummy replies, no matter where you are.

Sup Marauders!

I doubt i could help your current campaign in any way (i never used Gamefaqs or Reddit in my life so basically, i'm a total noob and i don't have any accounts there). However, i can provide encouragements in the form of music:

P47

Smash Apprentice
For /r/smashbros the daily discussion thread might be worth a shot. Also /r/SmashBrosUltimate is way more lax on the rules but it's also a complete meme hell. Either way though Reddit isn't the best when it comes to newcomer speculation (which is what drove me to this site in the first place)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Gamefaqs has a bad reputation. But the truth is the vast majority of the Smash Bros fanbase, regardless of what website they're using, is very scummy.

Gamefaqs free form nature just means people can get wilder. But it's easy to ignore and they recently introduced a block feature. You're always going to get scummy replies, no matter where you are.
Yeah it's either the close minded comments on gamefaqs or the immediate downvotes on reddit (i wish the voting system just wouldn't exist there tbh, ppl don't use it seriously nor get warned for using it with pure anti bias ). I wish it was easier to support stuff like this in media platforms but I guess people are too edgy and close minded these days… welp, can't give up anyway, as long as we make ourselves loud and clear, we get a chance to have the last laugh eventually, just like Banjo, K rool and other characters' fans did.
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.46.48 PM.png

I was just about to post mine last night but ISP decided to take my internet away for 16 hours just as i was about to click "post", lol…

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's either the close minded comments on gamefaqs or the immediate downvotes on reddit (i wish the voting system just wouldn't exist there tbh, ppl don't use it seriously nor get warned for using it with pure anti bias ). I wish it was easier to support stuff like this in media platforms but I guess people are too edgy and close minded these days… welp, can't give up anyway, as long as we make ourselves loud and clear, we get a chance to have the last laugh eventually, just like Banjo, K rool and other characters' fans did.
View attachment 240546
I was just about to post mine last night but ISP decided to take my internet away for 16 hours just as i was about to click "post", lol…
Yeah, you might be right. I am DMing people on Twitter to help (I asked 30 people yesterday). When I woke up today and saw how many notifications there were, I was overwhelmed, but I do feel like it is my fault we still ended up getting a pretty mediocre push for SkullKid and for that I am deeply sorry. I counted a lot of the people here as 'on the list', whilst all they did was like some of the replies here about the push. I felt too ashamed yesterday to tell you all and it's partly the reason why I asked 30 other people to help. I'm not asking for pity, I just want you all to know. That's also why we are going to do a round 2 push for SkullKid today for the new people who want to help us out now or to some people who needed an extra day to complete their work for the push. I think we'll definitely do another, better push for him when we actually get the amount of people I was saying we had or even more, we'll probably only push in GameFAQs and we'll give everyone a lot of time to prepare so that they could post their stuff whenever we're ready. Again, I apologise for yesterday. Hopefully next time we'll have a better push.

Yeah, you might be right. I am DMing people on Twitter to help (I asked 30 people yesterday). When I woke up today and saw how many notifications there were, I was overwhelmed, but I do feel like it is my fault we still ended up getting a pretty mediocre push for SkullKid and for that I am deeply sorry. I counted a lot of the people here as 'on the list', whilst all they did was like some of the replies here about the push. I felt too ashamed yesterday to tell you all and it's partly the reason why I asked 30 other people to help. I'm not asking for pity, I just want you all to know. That's also why we are going to do a round 2 push for SkullKid today for the new people who want to help us out now or to some people who needed an extra day to complete their work for the push. I think we'll definitely do another, better push for him when we actually get the amount of people I was saying we had or even more, we'll probably only push in GameFAQs and we'll give everyone a lot of time to prepare so that they could post their stuff whenever we're ready. Again, I apologise for yesterday. Hopefully next time we'll have a better push.
There's no need to apologize, from what i've seen, you did all you could.

Mobilising people for an event like this can be hard and maybe you did a few minor mistakes, so what?

It's far from a big deal. You can always learn from the experience and try again (and again...).

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
There's no need to apologize, from what i've seen, you did all you could.

Mobilising people for an event like this can be hard and maybe you did a few minor mistakes, so what?

It's far from a big deal. You can always learn from the experience and try again (and again...).
Thank you. And yeah, you're right. It might not be that big of a deal.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Didn't we start off thinking about pushing for him on this thread? Or dif you mean that I should tell you the date and time?
Yes, that's what I mean. If you warn the very day, I (don't know for the others) cannot take time for that. But if you tell us, say, one week before, then I can think of a subject to write about, or look for a picture to share, something like that.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Why do you even want to make a push to start with? All it's going to look like is a spam day for a character, and it'll turn it into a Waluigi kind of cause where nobody believes in it anymore. There is such a thing as too much begging for a character. And then anybody can google and find this thread where it's obvious that it's not a large number of people that support the character, but a very few "insisting" people that keep posting about it. Especially when you start gathering fans for other characters and try to have all of them support your own, by supporting theirs. That's playing with the numbers, very blatantly, and not an actual manifestation of interest.

And Skull Kid has a chance I think, so don't go ruining it by abusing such tactics. Unlike Geno, that most people know only because of the hype train (let's be real, he was only present in one game that has not been remade since), Skull Kid has reached a level of recognition to the point that they added Mii costumes for him in the game. And there are still fairly recent and available versions of the games he's in.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It's true that we should not just write for the sake of writing. That could have a negative effect. On the other hand, Isaac fans have their "Golden Sunday" which seems to work pretty well, doesn't it? Does anyone know how they do it exactly?

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
It's true that we should not just write for the sake of writing. That could have a negative effect. On the other hand, Isaac fans have their "Golden Sunday" which seems to work pretty well, doesn't it? Does anyone know how they do it exactly?
Well it's a little different from just normally pushing for a character. I'm a Golden Sun fan myself, so I know that most GS fans push for a new Golden Sun game. Some of them do, however, occasionally push for Isaac in Smash. They have MONTHS to prepare, and since most of them are artists there's a lot of fanart that comes out during GoldenSunday. There's also a few people who do cosplays of characters from Golden Sun during that day and some do just write messages saying good luck to other GS fans or they explain what Golden Sun is about and some show fan made GoldenSun products. Sometimes, alongside GoldenSunday, they'll write fan-mail to Nintendo, politely asking for a new Golden Sun game. They also push with these hashtags: #GoldenSunday #BringBackGoldenSun #BringGoldenSunBack, #GoldenSunday being the most important one. They are now also going to use #isaacforsmash, due to the recent announcement of more DLC fighters.

Top Bottom