• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I kinda consider myself allied to you guys already due to Dual contacting me when he needed help with multiple things, and because of the events we shared with your fanbase, so I didn't really think about making it "Official", because it was already natural to me haha

Now I mean, I have absolutely nothing against doing more events with you guys, or tweeting while quoting you from time to time, or that sort of thing, like I said, we're pretty much working toward a common goal, even if our characters are rival, so I really don't see any point in opposition, and any chance I have to help you guys, you don't have to hesitate in ringing me up! Dual don't, but I'm taking about the fanbase as a whole

GameFaqs was also a pretty good place to go IMO, I did a Midna opinion pool à few days ago, and today again I had message in it, and a little under 200 votes from users (Most of them want Midna in! 3/4!), so definitely worked out for me hehe

Reddit though, worked horribly for me last time I tried, it was month ago at the very beginning of my involvement, so... I dunno, in my experience it didn't work out much, but you guys can still try if you want

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Going to Reddit to help push the Skull Kid campaign is good but GameFaqs? Hmm... I don't know.
You can just go to the subreddit and push there, no need to go to GameFAQs if we're doing the plan where Half of the SkullKid fans go to GameFAQs and half of the other SkullKid fans go to the subreddit instesd and both groups post simultaneously, but seperated from each other. I don't know if this is a good idea, however, since 2 groups are pushing at different places and not at one, so the push will be less strong and effective than it would be if we all went together. BUT, since we would go to different forums we might get some new people that we wouldn't be able to get in the other place. (e.g. if a guy only uses GameFAQs as a Smash forum).

To be honest, I kinda consider myself allied to you guys already due to Dual contacting me when he needed help with multiple things, and because of the events we shared with your fanbase, so I didn't really think about making it "Official", because it was already natural to me haha

Now I mean, I have absolutely nothing against doing more events with you guys, or tweeting while quoting you from time to time, or that sort of thing, like I said, we're pretty much working toward a common goal, even if our characters are rival, so I really don't see any point in opposition, and any chance I have to help you guys, you don't have to hesitate in ringing me up! Dual don't, but I'm taking about the fanbase as a whole

GameFaqs was also a pretty good place to go IMO, I did a Midna opinion pool à few days ago, and today again I had message in it, and a little under 200 votes from users (Most of them want Midna in! 3/4!), so definitely worked out for me hehe

Reddit though, worked horribly for me last time I tried, it was month ago at the very beginning of my involvement, so... I dunno, in my experience it didn't work out much, but you guys can still try if you want
Yeah, I guess we could support each other as always!...
But jeez, I'm not even sure what's worse anymore. Reddit or GameFAQs. Reddit can be filled with detractors and I wouldn't say they're as active there as GameFAQs, but GameFAQs has a lot of people online and some of them are haters, are really annoying to deal with some times. I guess we could vote. Whichever side has the most amount of votes is the one we'll go to. (You can vote for both). We should also say at what time would be best to go to the smash forum and spread the love for the character. I don't think I have an actual account set up and it would be great if we knew exactly when to post things after we set everything up.
I vote.... GameFAQs. It would be interesting, considering I've never posted on it before.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
To help discussion, I've started a cause! To reach 300 supporters. We're currently at 241. Let's do our best to reach it.

ze9

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter! Skull Kid and Dixie are basically my only big wants left.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I asked the SK fans on Twitter to vote in a poll on wether we should go to both, but split up, wether we should go to GameFAQs or the Smash subreddit. For now they're telling us to split up. I set the voting for 2 days, it might change, but I think they'll still us to split. The tweet is now at 27 votes.

I really don't mind going to either forum, so I guess if we're splitting I'll go to the smash subreddit and Mr. Nintendo will go to GameFAQs. Whoever wants to join either of us can, but I think me and MN should start off and end off the push. Sort of giving a signal to you guys as to when we should start spreading the love for SkullKid and when we should end. After everything's done we should move back here and talk more about our other plans.
If you guys see any detractors, don't let them get into your head. I'd just recommend ignoring them. It doesn't matter what they think about us. If we want SkullKid in Smash and we'll do anything in our power to push him far enough to do so, then let's just keep pushing. No need to get frustrated or annoyed with people who have different opinions.

QQS

Smash Lord
Add me in as a supporter! Skull Kid is basically my most wanted character left after Geno.

Yo count me in! Skull Kid is my most wanted Nintendo character to join Smash! We really need more villains, magic users and unique characters like Skull Kid!!!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Added!!

So a new Sakurai article should be dropping soon. But based on the teaser PushDustin has given, it honestly doesn't sound that hopeful (it sounds like Sakurai wants to continue focus on Third Parties)

Ugh. Obviously we should wait for full article. But I'm honestly sick to death of third parties. Banjo was the only one I ever wanted. All my other wants are first party.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Added!!

So a new Sakurai article should be dropping soon. But based on the teaser PushDustin has given, it honestly doesn't sound that hopeful (it sounds like Sakurai wants to continue focus on Third Parties)

Ugh. Obviously we should wait for full article. But I'm honestly sick to death of third parties. Banjo was the only one I ever wanted. All my other wants are first party.
The only third party protagonist/main characters I was interested in was Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, and Nightmare and I got one playable and another as a Mii costume. Honestly, I would only be invested in third parties more if they ever add secondary unique characters not Echos to existing franchises already in Smash. I want Zero so badly.

Edit: Oh and Shantae who became a Spirit who also probably has a strong chance now that there is a Indie Assist Trophy and Indie Mii costume in the game being Shovel Knight and Sans.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
I kind of feel like with what PushDustin has said, all the new DLC characters will be 3rd party too unfortunately... people who would want Isaac, Skull Kid, or Waluigi probably already own the game and buy all the DLC anyways in Nintendo's eyes.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kind of feel like with what PushDustin has said, all the new DLC characters will be 3rd party too unfortunately... people who would want Isaac, Skull Kid, or Waluigi probably already own the game and buy all the DLC anyways in Nintendo's eyes.
That could be the case, but fan favorites like Isaac, Waluigi, and our own Skull Kid would make a ton of money for Nintendo so it's not over until Sakurai sings.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Can you add me to the list? MM is one of my favorite games eve made and easily my favorite Zelda game. And Skull Kid would be sick. Definitely better then his AT which is the worst AT IMO.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I'm really glad to see all these new people joining us here! + I'm really hoping that the article doesn't have Sakurai saying "there'll only be third parties for this DLC". We literally have all the 3rd parties we could ever ask for. The only characters left now are probably more obscure characters. I mean, what other 3rd party characters could they add that's more interesting than Joker, Banjo Kazooie, Sans, Sonic, Bayonetta, Cloud, etc.?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean, what other 3rd party characters could they add that's more interesting than Joker, Banjo Kazooie, Sans, Sonic, Bayonetta, Cloud, etc.?
Goemon (My boi.)
Geno
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Reimu
Master Chief
Conker
Lara Croft
Doom Slayer
Sora
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Dante
Steve
Phoenix Wright
Jill Valentine
Hehaichi
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu
Battletoads
Ryu Hayabusa
Arthur
KOS-MOS
Lloyd Irving

Every other damn video game character in the universe.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Goemon (My boi.)
Geno
Shantae
Shovel Knight
Reimu
Master Chief
Conker
Lara Croft
Doom Slayer
Sora
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Rayman
Kratos
Ezio Auditore
Dante
Steve
Phoenix Wright
Jill Valentine
Hehaichi
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu
Battletoads
Ryu Hayabusa
Arthur
KOS-MOS
Lloyd Irving

Every other damn video game character in the universe.
I never said there was no third party character they could pick from. Or that some people wouldn't get excited because of these characters, but I myself will most likely not be interested in these characters. Geno is pretty much the only character I want left for 3rd parties. All other characters I want are first and second parties, sadly.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm happy to report it was a false alarm.

The actual article was about how he wants to add as many characters as possible. Which is godly.

They can't ignore first parties forever

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy to report it was a false alarm.

The actual article was about how he wants to add as many characters as possible. Which is godly.

They can't ignore first parties forever
Thank goodness! This means we we'rent just pushing for no reason, which is great!
I was really scared that he'd actually say that they're only gonna focus on third parties.

People on Twitter have voted that we should split for posting stuff on the smash forums btw. Just got the full results. 30 people voted. Not bad imo. https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1171204983393574912?s=19

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Thank goodness! This means we we'rent just pushing for no reason, which is great!
I was really scared that he'd actually say that they're only gonna focus on third parties.

People on Twitter have voted that we should split for posting stuff on the smash forums btw. Just got the full results. 30 people voted. Not bad imo. https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1171204983393574912?s=19
We need to actually get enough people on board though. We need volunteers

Also nothing against one person posting the same thing on two different. I do it all the time here and Gamefaqs.

Smash Apprentice
Working on drawing a moveset. If anything at least this will be helpful if we need to mod him into the damn game c:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
We need to actually get enough people on board though. We need volunteers

Also nothing against one person posting the same thing on two different. I do it all the time here and Gamefaqs.
I'm asking people who wanna volunteer on discord rn.

And yeah, np, people can post the same thing on two different forums. As long as they don't keep posting the same thing on the same forum it's fine.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Made a mock trailer for Skull Kid while we wait for the real one to come! FHKPK3XW
The Smash video and replay editors are way more limited than I thought it'd be but still, I thought it came out alright :p

EDIT:

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
New peeps should be coming here soon. I told them to join here on discord, say that they're gonna participate and also told them to campaign on Twitter.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Made a mock trailer for Skull Kid while we wait for the real one to come! FHKPK3XW
The Smash video and replay editors are way more limited than I thought it'd be but still, I thought it came out alright :p

EDIT:
Damn dude, that was sick! I could legit see them using similar camera angles and shots for SkullKid's reveal trailer!

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
One guy turns out to be already familiar with this place, Gorynych. He said he'll hit up Mr. Nintendo once he's settled down on what to post here and on the other smash forums. The other guy is currently registering here for now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

EDIT:
This is actually genuinely amazing, if people have time. We should all give it a yeah, I might post it on front page.

One reference I didn't quite get though, is what's up with the drowning Skull Kid?

P47

Smash Apprentice
This is actually genuinely amazing, if people have time. We should all give it a yeah, I might post it on front page.
Go right ahead :D
One reference I didn't quite get though, is what's up with the drowning Skull Kid?
The drowning itself wasn't a reference to anything while the other parts of the shot were (green/blue Falco to kinda represent Zora Link and Great Bay after a snowy mountain and before a mechanical desert).

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If there's a discord server or some kind of reddit campaign going on, it would be nice if you put all that information in the original post.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Although I didn't bring any new people here this time, I did ask one of the guys in my server if they'd be willing to help. I also asked Azure and Violet (Midna leader) and they both said they'll help out.
So yeah, just wanted to say that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If there's a discord server or some kind of reddit campaign going on, it would be nice if you put all that information in the original post.
I definitely need to update the original post, but I've been kinda busy with real life. I'll probably do it when I'm next behind my Laptop

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I asked the Shovel Knight leader if he'll help us out. He said he can post a tweet about us waiting for volunteers so that we could push for SkullKid on GameFAQs and r/smashbros! So yeah, we might get some Shovel Knight fans to help out!

Top Bottom