• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Very little in terms of Zelda news but hopefully the fact that we're getting more DLC outside of the FP will get people talking about Skull Kid again :b:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Very little in terms of Zelda news but hopefully the fact that we're getting more DLC outside of the FP will get people talking about Skull Kid again :b:
Maybe he has a chance now.

Maybe all ATs have a chance.

I'm so hyped, I hope ATs can get in pass 2 and Skull Kid is one of them.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely confirm, as a member of the AssistAlliance, that all Assist Trophies, Spirits, Mii Costumes, etc. now have a shot of making it in!... Well, not exactly, but who's to say they won't add Assist Trophies? And perhaps, if we push hard enough, we could get Skull Kid to join the roster!
Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be good news for Assist Trophies.

Please.
I can definitely confirm, as a member of the AssistAlliance, that all Assist Trophies, Spirits, Mii Costumes, etc. now have a shot of making it in!... Well, not exactly, but who's to say they won't add Assist Trophies? And perhaps, if we push hard enough, we could get Skull Kid to join the roster!

Smash Apprentice
I know I haven't posted here in a while but With You Know Who getting a Mii costume and Sakurai confirming that there are more DLC characters coming after Pack #5,I just couldn't resist checking back here.

The way I see it, every character that has both an Assist Trophy and full Mii outfit is a character that Sakurai would have made playable if he had more time or resources. Isaac, Ashley, Waluigi, Black Knight, Takamaru, Spring Man... additionally, Knuckles and Zero have both ATs and costumes, but they're third party so that might complicate things.

Of those non- Skull Kid characters , I think Waluigi, Ashley, and Isaac are the most popular... I think Waluigi is definitely more popular than Skull Kid and would get priority over him, and perhaps Isaac too, but I also think Skull Kid is more popular than Ashley. If they were to go upgrading Assist Trophies based on popularity right now, Skull Kid would be third in line. (Maybe Shadow would become a Sonic Echo, but I don't think that would change much)

The thing is, back during pre-launch speculation, Skull Kid actually became a very talked about character for a while. I think almost everyone actually would love Skull Kid to be in Smash, he just has problems with notoriety. He's not a controversial character like Steve or Waluigi-- almost everyone would enjoy his inclusion.

IF Sakurai were to do another ballot, we really have to spread awareness right now, months in advance. We definitely won't beat Waluigi (which is fine, I want him in too) but I think we can make him a very talked about and requested character to increase people voting for him in the ballot. Almost every Zelda fan would probably vote for him (his only competition is Midna, who is less likely b/c no costume) and I know many people who want A) More first party characters and B) More Zelda reps.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think if we talk more about skull kid online right now; be public about the support then I think it would be the perfect time to catch Sakurai's eye. I assume he has some ideas, but is looking for more.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Absolutely, this is when we should rise up once more. The time for being dormant IS OVER!!!

I'm probably gonna revamp the front page a little.

But I need everyone's help. If we're back, we need to stay back. Try and comment here daily. Talk about upcoming Zelda game, talk about other spooky stuff, Talk about Majora's Mask theories. Talk about Skull Kid and these new characters.

Also we need him, as accurate as that Mii Costume is, it's not enough. Heck, we just got usurped as most accurate looking Mii Costume. (Sans even has the bonus working well without a voice)

I fully believe if given more time, Skull Kid and Isaac would have been playable, which is why we got Mii Costumes instead. Skull Kid Mii costume especially seems that way when we already had the Majora's Mask.

Do we actually know if any non playable character had data left over? Like Brawls forbidden 7, and the Rhythm Heaven logo?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Absolutely, this is when we should rise up once more. The time for being dormant IS OVER!!!

But I need everyone's help. If we're back, we need to stay back. Try and comment here daily. Talk about upcoming Zelda game, talk about other spooky stuff, Talk about Majora's Mask theories. Talk about Skull Kid and these new characters.

Also we need him, as accurate as that Mii Costume is, it's not enough. Heck, we just got usurped as most accurate looking Mii Costume. (Sans even has the bonus working well without a voice)

I fully believe if given more time, Skull Kid and Isaac would have been playable, which is why we got Mii Costumes instead. Skull Kid Mii costume especially seems that way when we already had the Majora's Mask.

Do we actually know if any non playable character had data left over? Like Brawls forbidden 7, and the Rhythm Heaven logo?
The most there was is those potential rareware spirits, as far as I know.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice

I'm not sure about the data being left over, butI agree with everyone's plans here.
If we want SkullKid in Smash then we have to stick together and push/campaign hard for the character! If only a few of us post things and campaign then our voices may not be heard, but if we all post here and on other social medias to campaign for SK we might be able to be heard. After all, we're all stronger together!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Definitely!

To start, why don't we all go to another forum and share our love for the character.

Skull Kid topics flooding gamefaqs would be amusing and a nice change

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I'm not encouraging flooding, and I seldom write anyway, but why not go to other forums indeed! Which ones would you recommand, beside Gamefaqs?

Also I've been thinking for a long time about writing a (long) post explaining why Skull Kid is my most wanted character and post it in the general Zelda rep support thread... Now might be the best time to do it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Skull Kid needs to happen.
I agree, he should be upgraded to playable status as future DLC. With Ocarina of Time Ganondorf, Young Link, Sheik, Gerudo Valley, and Great Bay all being in the game, we probably won't ever get N64 Zelda representation this good in the series ever again.

Last edited:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I'm not encouraging flooding, and I seldom write anyway, but why not go to other forums indeed! Which ones would you recommand, beside Gamefaqs?

Also I've been thinking for a long time about writing a (long) post explaining why Skull Kid is my most wanted character and post it in the general Zelda rep support thread... Now might be the best time to do it.
I myself am not sure which forum we should go to, so I guess I'll let Mr. Nintendo choose. I do, however, think that it's a wonderful idea to write a long post about SkullKid in the general Zelda rep support thread! I think it could get quite a few more people to become more interested in the character as well!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I generally just use gamefaqs. It's the simplest place to do it. Nothing says you can't make the same topic in two different places though.

Here's an easy something you can do.

I uploaded this Mii
14YF34W3

It's called SK 4 Smash.
You should yeah it and get it trending. I might make a video as well.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I generally just use gamefaqs. It's the simplest place to do it. Nothing says you can't make the same topic in two different places though.

Here's an easy something you can do.

I uploaded this Mii
14YF34W3

It's called SK 4 Smash.
You should yeah it and get it trending. I might make a video as well.
I "yeah!"ed it and downloaded it, but I think we should get it on trending later. Also I was confused for a while as to what you meant by 'yeah it', thought it was a typo or something. Perhaps some people were also a little confused...

I wrote about our plans to people at the AssistAlliance discord server publicly and an admin liked our plans! They said it's good that we already have things planned! I also said that we're planning to go on some Smash forums and either flood it or spread the love for SkullKid there! Obviously enough, they didn't recommend flooding, but they said it was ok to 'spread the love' as long as it isn't spam. I also talked about this on the NotM Twitter account to get more people to join!

The last thing I did was ask the people at my server wether they knew any Smash forums we could go to. One guy (for now at least) responded with the Smash Bros. Subreddit. It's your guys call if you want to go there or not.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so while we wait for Me. Nintendo to respond, I'll check if I got this right. This is what we're planning to do:

We need to spread awareness about SkullKid and make him very talked about as well as
stick together and plan accordingly if we want to get SK in Smash.

1. We have to be active and not dormant, post things about SkullKid on SmashBoards and other social media every single day. (Can be anything like theories about the character, ideas, any upcoming Zelda game, other spooky stuff, etc.).

2. Be public about the support and be more vocal (fanart, talk about how much you want the character, fan animations, etc.) Something to get more Zelda fans on board for the SkullKid movement.

3. We'll go to different Smash forums (still somewhat deciding which one's to go to) and we'll spread the love for Skull Kid as a character or perhaps even flood the forums ( it's fine as long as it isn't just spamming). If I see that we're running out of things to say I'll tell everyone to retreat (I thought of this while I was talking to the admin and a few other people on the skullkid channel. If MN doesn't agree with this he can tell everyone instead), at which point we'll go back here or to my SkullKid server and start talking about step 4 and planning more about it as well as planning some other things to keep the movement alive and active.

4. We need to get the Mii Costume Mr. on trending by pressing the "yeah!" button (Y) so people could see the message (SkullKid 4 Smash). Some of us could also possibly make video compilations of the SkullKid Mii Costume.

5. Plan out other things we could do to campaign after everything we did.

Did I get it right?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It pretty much all comes down to one thing. Keep Skull Kid relevant to discussion. Keep support high.

The Mii costume I figured was a nice way to show Nintendo he's still beloved.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'd love to see an Assist Trophy upgrade pack.

If I could pick 5 to make into full fighters, Skull Kid would definitely be one of them.

Probably along with Tingle, Spring Man, Bomberman, and Sukapon.... though TIngle isn't an assist trophy in Ultimate so if not him, then Starfy.

Last edited:

TheKingOfEvil2014

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I chose to check back in after the news and I'm hopeful.
I think I will be more vocal when I can in my support for Skull Kid and general AT promotions now. I once concluded that those (along with spirit promotions while we're at it) were highly unlikely because the characters in the Fighters Pass had been decided before the game launched, so if they had other roles in the game before, they would've been removed in some way, simply because it would be more appropriate for them to do so if they can. Not to mention the fact that Piranha Plant didn't even have a spirit in the base game.

Knowing that there are more, though, my conclusion became moot outside the Pass. Suddenly, I see little reason to count ATs or spirits out entirely. Why would the team exclude perfectly fine characters because they chose to give them a different role back when they were working on the main game and didn't know of the future DLC? One thing is that I believe they would prioritize fighters from new series because of what Sakurai said in the Banjo Presentation. This may be the last chance they have for such a ridiculously big crossover, and choosing characters from unrepresented parts of the gaming world may be better.
Of course, one could also argue that they would instead pick highly popular fighters... but as far as I'm concerned, all that matters is that they're not out of the running.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't really expect another pass, let alone one dedicated entirely to assist trophies.

I think we're getting stand alone characters. I'm not even sure if that includes stages.

But given the support, I'm very hopeful that some of those could very well be assist trophies.

But to be entirely third party forever, I think I'd rather DLC just end now

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd love to see an Assist Trophy upgrade pack.

If I could pick 5 to make into full fighters, Skull Kid would definitely be one of them.

Probably along with Tingle, Spring Man, Bomberman, and Sukapon.... though TIngle isn't an assist trophy in Ultimate so if not him, then Starfy.
For me I would pick Krystal, Zero, Skull Kid, Bomberman, and Isaac so his fans can be happy.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hm, I somehow never took part in this thread in the pre-release period. Well then, may I be added to the supporter list? Majora's Mask is my absolute favourite Zelda game, and while I'd prefer other Zelda characters over Skull Kid (Wolf Link & Midna, just Midna, Ghirahim. . .), I'd still welcome him with open arms. At this point, any Zelda newcomer would just be alright.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hm, I somehow never took part in this thread in the pre-release period. Well then, may I be added to the supporter list? Majora's Mask is my absolute favourite Zelda game, and while I'd prefer other Zelda characters over Skull Kid (Wolf Link & Midna, just Midna, Ghirahim. . .), I'd still welcome him with open arms. At this point, any Zelda newcomer would just be alright.
Done!!

Haven't had to do that in a while, hopefully I'm doing it regularly again

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
It pretty much all comes down to one thing. Keep Skull Kid relevant to discussion. Keep support high.

The Mii costume I figured was a nice way to show Nintendo he's still beloved.
Yeah, that's the most important part, besides sticking together. If we don't keep support high and don't keep SkullKid relevant to discussion then no one will be interested and no one will probably pay any attention. Makes sense. I'll Tweet about this on the Night of the Moon Twitter account. Something to boost the #FreeSkullKid campaign and to keep the SkullKid fans on Twitter busy.

Done!!

Haven't had to do that in a while, hopefully I'm doing it regularly again
Oh, awesome, new guy! It would be really nice to see a lot more people joining this thread. Perhaps after we go to GameFAQs and other Smash forums there'll be some new people here!

I don't really expect another pass, let alone one dedicated entirely to assist trophies.

I think we're getting stand alone characters. I'm not even sure if that includes stages.

But given the support, I'm very hopeful that some of those could very well be assist trophies.

Well, although I can't confirm anything you said here... I know that if we don't at least give it a try then there's no chance of knowing. So let's try our hardest, because this is our chance to find out!

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

Oh yeah I totally agree. I think they'll just sell individual characters from here on out. Maybe bundle echo fighters together if they opt to add any new echoes.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If there's still hope then I'm glad to be back, we need Sakurai to stop his anti zelda bias and give us something new and SK would definitely be a fresh air with interesting everything (plus we need dem villains…).

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Hey hey ! Just passing by to say good luck to a fellow Zelda fan base ! (I'm the leader of the Midna Thread for those who are wondering why I say that)

Skull Kid may not be my "favorite" choice out of Zelda, but I would welcome him with open arms, and I just thought it would be a good idea, as a fellow Zelda fan, to wish you guys good luck ! In the end, even if our two characters are kinda in competition, I'm pretty sure that Skull Kid fans in general would be happy for Midna, and same for the reverse, we both want the same thing

A good, fresh Zelda rep !

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey hey ! Just passing by to say good luck to a fellow Zelda fan base ! (I'm the leader of the Midna Thread for those who are wondering why I say that)

Skull Kid may not be my "favorite" choice out of Zelda, but I would welcome him with open arms, and I just thought it would be a good idea, as a fellow Zelda fan, to wish you guys good luck ! In the end, even if our two characters are kinda in competition, I'm pretty sure that Skull Kid fans in general would be happy for Midna, and same for the reverse, we both want the same thing

A good, fresh Zelda rep !
In the perfect world, We get both. Heck, I say we SHOULD get both. They're popularity has stood the test of time. It would give the series the love it separately needs.

If Metroid can by some miracle get freaking BOTH Ridley (TOOBIG) and Dark Samus (who was only in two games, the last of which was over a decade ago)

I don't have the attachment to Midna as I do Skull Kid. And while I think Skull Kid should be first, her getting in first doesn't change the fact we should get both, I'll continue supporting Skull Kid no matter what.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
In the perfect world, We get both. Heck, I say we SHOULD get both. They're popularity has stood the test of time. It would give the series the love it separately needs.

If Metroid can by some miracle get freaking BOTH Ridley (TOOBIG) and Dark Samus (who was only in two games, the last of which was over a decade ago)

I don't have the attachment to Midna as I do Skull Kid. And while I think Skull Kid should be first, her getting in first doesn't change the fact we should get both, I'll continue supporting Skull Kid no matter what.
Haha, from listenning to you, we really look like ... The same person with the same kind of passion, but you for Skull Kid, and me for Midna, I would be able to make the exact same text you just sent just by switching the two without doing it on purpose haha

I do think that getting both is definitly both possible, and logic ! Zelda have a rotating cast that change every game, but they have recurent Roles ! And Skull Kid & Midna fill the two most recuring roles of Zelda, the Companion character, and the Secondary vilain, that you end up seing on screen for more time than the Main vilain haha (In this case it's Skull Kid and Majora, for SS it would be Ghirahim and Demise etc ...), so it would make perfect sense to have them both in at the same time

Those two characters got such a huge fanbase now, Midna had it since a while, and Skull Kid really got boosted by the Ultimate shennanigans, so now that we have two strong fan bases, for two unique characters from a series that didn't get a new unique rep in almost 20 years, I think we can warrant both spots for those two hehe

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Haha, from listenning to you, we really look like ... The same person with the same kind of passion, but you for Skull Kid, and me for Midna, I would be able to make the exact same text you just sent just by switching the two without doing it on purpose haha

I do think that getting both is definitly both possible, and logic ! Zelda have a rotating cast that change every game, but they have recurent Roles ! And Skull Kid & Midna fill the two most recuring roles of Zelda, the Companion character, and the Secondary vilain, that you end up seing on screen for more time than the Main vilain haha (In this case it's Skull Kid and Majora, for SS it would be Ghirahim and Demise etc ...), so it would make perfect sense to have them both in at the same time

Those two characters got such a huge fanbase now, Midna had it since a while, and Skull Kid really got boosted by the Ultimate shennanigans, so now that we have two strong fan bases, for two unique characters from a series that didn't get a new unique rep in almost 20 years, I think we can warrant both spots for those two hehe
Hmmm. This gave me an idea! I was going to ask wether we should separate 2 Masked Marauder groups that are gonna go to GameFAQs and the smash bros subreddit separately, but should go at the exact same time (I could go to the smash Bros subreddit to tell people to back out there and MN can go to GameFAQs with half of the other guys and tell them to retreat once it becomes repetitive there). I still want to ask this question, so, should we go to GameFAQs and r/smashbros separately, but simultaneously or go to GameFAQs with everyone pushing together?

Now, for the idea I just had. Although we are technically rivals, we could work with Violet and the Midna fanbase and try to push for both characters to get in Smash! If both fanbases unite together, then we will be even stronger together and we'll have even more people pushing for both SkullKid and Midna! I'd say that's a pretty good deal!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
In my experience Alliances don't really work or mean anything. Not say we shouldn't support each other, just that it should just be a natural thing rather than a "go out of the way" sort of thing.

As for the other one, depends how many people are on board. If we get enough, do both at the same time, otherwise just one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hmmm. This gave me an idea! I was going to ask wether we should separate 2 Masked Marauder groups that are gonna go to GameFAQs and the smash bros subreddit separately, but should go at the exact same time (I could go to the smash Bros subreddit to tell people to back out there and MN can go to GameFAQs with half of the other guys and tell them to retreat once it becomes repetitive there). I still want to ask this question, so, should we go to GameFAQs and r/smashbros separately, but simultaneously or go to GameFAQs with everyone pushing together?

Now, for the idea I just had. Although we are technically rivals, we could work with Violet and the Midna fanbase and try to push for both characters to get in Smash! If both fanbases unite together, then we will be even stronger together and we'll have even more people pushing for both SkullKid and Midna! I'd say that's a pretty good deal!
Going to Reddit to help push the Skull Kid campaign is good but GameFaqs? Hmm... I don't know.

Top Bottom