• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Pretty much that is why we request characters. Just because we like them and would love seeing them be awesome. That is it. What better reason than that.

:bowser:.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The Skull Kid Mii costume in action looks great! Although he doesn't have the great moveset he could've had the Mii costume does look like you are actually playing as him so that's something

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Skull Kid and Isaac costumes shows me how aware Sakurai is of their popularity.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Damn, that Skull Kid outfit is AMAZING. Since the mask covers his face you don't have the usual "generic mii faces" all the other outfits have, and the proportions of the Mii's are Skull Kid's exactly.

Sure we don't get his "real" moves, but Skull Kid looks amazing. I'd probably use the Mii gunner over Brawler for him, but it looks fantastic.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The Skull Kid Mii costume in action looks great! Although he doesn't have the great moveset he could've had the Mii costume does look like you are actually playing as him so that's something
That's it, Skull Kid Mii will now be my secondary the moment I can get the costume! (or joint main with Mewtwo who would have been my original most wanted)

Honestly, the fact that the Mii Costume looks exactly like Skull Kid (yay identical proportions!) really gives me hope he'll be playable next game (or maybe as DLC upgrade given the 30 additional character IDs). Regardless, right now this is the next best thing and honestly probably the best scenario we could have hoped for aside from being playable.

Hoping for a Smash time to come sooner rather than later where we can properly play as Skull Kid for real, but til then, this is the best alternative! It really looks like you're playing as him!

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's fantastic. I'm glad Sakurai acknowledged his popularity too. Really looks like a "real" character just without signature moves, but hey, Ganondorf being a clone back in Melee was the same.

Can't wait to do my own Vs. battles with Young Link Vs. Skull kid.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's fantastic. I'm glad Sakurai acknowledged his popularity too. Really looks like a "real" character just without signature moves, but hey, Ganondorf being a clone back in Melee was the same.

Can't wait to do my own Vs. battles with Young Link Vs. Skull kid.
Assuming I get the game I'll probably do the same with my sister, Young Link was one of her mains in Melee.:)

cybersai

Smash Ace
The Mii outfits you unlock in the in-game store when you get enough coins, so it shouldn't be too long to buy it assuming you don't spend coins on other mii outfits or whatever beforehand.

But the fact that it looks exactly like Skull Kid size/proportion wise, the Mask covers the "generic Mii faces" look, and such...it really feels like he's in the game. I'm not sure if the Mii Brawler or Gunner is better for him moveset wise, but either way both are good.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
That Mii costume like many have said before me LOOKS SO GOOD~

Skull Kid and Ray MK's costumes look the best IMO since they do not have the mii faces imposed like with other costumes and that is fine by me. Really feels like you're playing AS the characters.

I think this can be consider a victory for now guys. Sakurai heard our voices that much and went ahead with that. For the moment, that is great.

Also, unlike with SMASH 4, costumes are not DLC so we may be able to get all the necessary costumes to have them as even MORE characters by just using in-game currency, and I like that.

Ultimate is truly Ultimate.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Agreed. Also keep in mind you should make a Mii with dark skin, because you still see the Mii's arms/legs there, and dark skin is closer to Skull Kid's arm/leg colors in Majora's Mask. The video made a Mii with white skin, so you still see the arms, but I'd make a dark skin mii so it blends it better.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You know, just now it dawned on me why I feel happy about this right now, even if it's not actually Skull Kid so we won't hear the announcer announce him as such.

As I said before during discussion of the possibility of Majora's Mask being a fighter instead of Skull Kid, when I consider what characters I want for Smash, "they'd have a cool moveset" is never top priority for me it's important, but it's never the primary reason I want a character). What matters to me is how much I like the character—their personality, their backstory, and generally the traits that endear me to them as any character. I love Mewtwo, my original most wanted, for his personality, his design, his backstory, and his character arc (design though taking a backseat to the others). I love Skull Kid for the same reasons. A character I adore can get in Smash and have an entirely unfitting/ineffective moveset, and while it would be awesome to have a fitting moveset, I would still play as them. It's who a character is, what their story is like, what endeared me to them in the first place without even thinking of Smash potential, that has me want a character in Smash.

Do I want Skull Kid with a fitting moveset? Heck yes absolutely! Is this good enough? Nah, I still want him to be properly playable. While the moveset may not fit as much as it could, the Mii costume looks exactly like Skull Kid, and thus I can at least somewhat get that sense that I'm playing as him, rather than a costume of him. It's definitely a step up at least and has me think he has more of a chance in the future than I first thought.

My original most wanted returned, and my new most wanted is at least in in a way that's decent enough to be believable for me (shame about no moveset but it's better than nothing). While I really hope that we can get Skull Kid in as playable himself in the future, either as DLC for Ultimate (there's 30 free character ID slots after all so he still has a chance) or in the next game, I'm reasonably content with this outcome, for the time being.

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
Just like everyone before me said, I will take the costume as a win. Its not quite what I want, but it will do for now. I am happy the fans were not just sidelined.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I heard certain Assists become disabled on certain stages/ certain conditions. Is this true? Cause if that's the case; the door hasn't closed quite yet on Skull Kid.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I heard certain Assists become disabled on certain stages/ certain conditions. Is this true? Cause if that's the case; the door hasn't closed quite yet on Skull Kid.
Good point, does anyone know if the moon and tingle assist trophies are available on great bay?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That Skull Kid costume is enough to get me to play as Mii Brawler in some capacity.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Good point, does anyone know if the moon and tingle assist trophies are available on great bay?
I don't know, but now when I get the game for Christmas I'm determined to play on Great Bay with only Assist Trophies to find out (plus if the Skull Kid Assist Trophy isn't disabled it would be amusing to see both Assist and Costume versions of Skull Kid there)

That Skull Kid costume is enough to get me to play as Mii Brawler in some capacity.
Is it only Mii Brawler that the costume fits, or can Gunner and Swordfighter wear it too?

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Is it only Mii Brawler that the costume fits, or can Gunner and Swordfighter wear it too?
It is just for the Brawler, yes. It's a shame, I would've liked to see what his sword or gun would've looked like. I'd love to imagine his sword being based on the Great Fairy's Sword. It's okay though, I'm obviously happy to have it at all!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think Skull Kid and Isaac's costumes are a great sign, it shows that these characters are on Sakurai's mind more than we might think.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The Skull Kid custom doesn't do it for me. I don't even like customs. Its SOMEthing but it will never be official. I'm not gonna always be content with a last minute bootleg. I wanna play as SKULL KID. He could've easily been DLC but even that was blown out the window.

I think Skull Kid and Isaac's costumes are a great sign, it shows that these characters are on Sakurai's mind more than we might think.
10 years from now.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
The mii costume doesn't cut it for me either. It does look very good for a mii costume, however.

Skull Kid needs to do Skull Kid things. He needs to use magic, have impish animations and also sound like Skull Kid. A mii costume will never replace the character for me.

I'll definitely represent Skull Kid by using the costume, if only to show how serious I am about this character joining the real roster.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
The mii costume doesn't cut it for me either. It does look very good for a mii costume, however.

Skull Kid needs to do Skull Kid things. He needs to use magic, have impish animations and also sound like Skull Kid. A mii costume will never replace the character for me.

I'll definitely represent Skull Kid by using the costume, if only to show how serious I am about this character joining the real roster.
That's honestly how I feel. I was more saying how at least with the Mii Costume it's kind of like playing as Skull Kid, though it's not the same as having Skull Kid with his mannerisms that make him Skull Kid. I intend to use the Mii Fighter Costume pretty much for that reason, to show that people do want a chance to play Skull Kid for real, and people playing it will have the team hopefully see the potential in having Skull Kid as an awesome fighter. It worked for K Rool, Inkling, and Isabelle.

The Costume certainly doesn't replace Skull Kid, but at least for now it's something until we get him in for real. Perhaps the more people use it, the more Skull Kid will be paid attention to to join the roster in the future, sooner rather than later.

We have to keep fighting for Skull Kid to be playable. Though at least for the time being this is a step up from what I first thought with him being an Assist Trophy and all.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid not having his magic is like Ganondorf using Captain Falcon's specials. We've had that Ganondorf for 4 games yet we still feel like Ganondorf is in the game despite not having his moves.

This Skull Kid outfit is the same thing to me. Skull Kid without his specials.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The Mii costume is a very nice. It's a shame he won't have the laugh and mannerisms to match, but it's better than nothing.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know the child of mischief is deconfirmed buuuuut...

For you guys

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
The music might be a little too cheery but besides that, it was nice seeing this.

Hyrule Warriors indeed helped on what he COULD/CAN do if SK is allowed to.

The mii costume is so well done it hurts... my soul.

For you guys
Thx Venus. That's very thoughtful, beautifully done and a tad sad... no i'm definitely not crying... I'm just chopping onions... poor onions...

(the one you did for Big Boss is also pretty epic, must have pleased a certain Non Specific Person ;))

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How are we hanging in there guys? I haven' been around on this thread for a while but I just saw the mii costume… welp both Isaac and Skull kid got proper mii costumes for now (at least the skull kid one is not a mask piece only anymore).
SunMoon.jpg

I'm not losing hope for maybe a wave 2 in the future if wave 1 sells well and Nintendo wants to keep the game selling. Sun and Moon has to stay alive!

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

For you guys
Oh dang, that's incredible! Great job!

(Also you just reminded me I want to get Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, primarily for Skull Kid but also because the game was fun when I played a demo in Gamestop when the first HW was released)

Last edited:

All Hail Me

Sarge
Oh dang, that's incredible! Great job!

(Also you just reminded me I want to get Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, primarily for Skull Kid but also because the game was fun when I played a demo in Gamestop when the first HW was released)
It is super fun! I took a chance on it and have had no regrets playing it. Great time killer too

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
That Mii costume looks amazing; so amazing it hurts a bit. Just a matter of finding the highest pitched voice the game has to offer, tacking it on and that's the closest we'll get to Skull Kid for now. He wouldn't have his magic, fairies or much of his personality, but he'd at least be proportional and look pretty good. Only thing that could make it better would be if we could customise the Mii's victory theme and emblem as well... Then we could stomp out almost all aspects of Mii-ness and make it feel even more real.

Given how good both the Skull Kid and Isaac Miis look, I kind of have to wonder if they could still make it in as DLC somehow. It's still a bit of a long shot, but if the whole "AT disabled under certain circumstances" thing is true, it kind of opens the door for a lot of characters. Yes, even the dreaded Waluigi, lol. I'm not really sure if this would really help Skull Kid in the long run though, since he'd be competing with Waluigi, Ashley, Isaac and potential newcomers such as Geno, Dixie and Banjo-Kazooie and whatever other WTF character Sakurai might have in mind.

On another note; for those who are going to play at midnight Friday morning: As of tonight:

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think are Skull Kid, or really any Zelda characters chances are at being DLC?

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think are Skull Kid, or really any Zelda characters chances are at being DLC?
Low. Is there any Zelda character possible without a spirit? Because at this point seeing how piranha plant doesn't have spirit and all dlc was decided, spirits are a good clue (at least for DLC wave 1)

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Low. Is there any Zelda character possible without a spirit? Because at this point seeing how piranha plant doesn't have spirit and all dlc was decided, spirits are a good clue (at least for DLC wave 1)
I don't get why people think Spirits deconfirm DLC. Spirits are basically just trophies, but can have the purpose of upgrading your fighters. In Smash 4 Mewtwo was a trophy, but he was available as DLC.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Dismal, sadly. The only one I personally care for is Vaati, and he's been stuck in the rubbish bin for a decade.

In fact, is Vaati even in the game as a Spirit? I wouldn't be surprised if he's not.

I don't get why people think Spirits deconfirm DLC. Spirits are basically just trophies, but can have the purpose of upgrading your fighters. In Smash 4 Mewtwo was a trophy, but he was available as DLC.
The "logic" is that the development team wouldn't bother making a DLC character who's already represented as a Spirit, especially not if the DLC characters were decided back in 2015 or 2016 along with the fighters in the base game.

582A4C75-8B8D-46D2-A21B-53C1AD23C5B9.png

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Dismal, sadly. The only one I personally care for is Vaati, and he's been stuck in the rubbish bin for a decade.

In fact, is Vaati even in the game as a Spirit? I wouldn't be surprised if he's not.

The "logic" is that the development team wouldn't bother making a DLC character who's already represented as a Spirit, especially not if the DLC characters were decided back in 2015 or 2016 along with the fighters in the base game.

View attachment 181260
I think it's just everyone speculating because it's not clear.
Btw sorry he's not in, but I'm looking forward to playing the mii costume! Keep supporting him, I'm sure he'll get his chance someday. Love Majora's Mask

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Unless we get an AT upgrade pack, I doubt we'll see Skull Kid. Though there's easily enough highly requested characters to make a pack out of that. Skull Kid, Isaac, Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru. Bang. Done.

For other Zelda characters, unless we get a new game with a new character they can promote, I doubt we'll see anything there either. So basically I think Zelda's chances are crap.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Considering what was said in regards of Isaac (he HAS TO HAVE a new game), that is so true for many characters.

Personally i think chances are low either for Skull Kid or any Zelda newcomer but I'll just be patient this time and try not to jump to any conclusion.

I mean fan made theories sure have a certain value, they should be consider for speculation purposes but i don't want to consider them as absolute.

This was my first speculation cycle and i learned a few things but when i look at how past ones turned out, i also learned that fan made theories being thrown out the window is a real possibility. Snake inclusion back in Brawl is a prime example:
Snake broke down so many walls. M rated games aren't allowed, boom, Snake. 3rd Parties aren't allowed, boom, Snake. Snake is to much of a Playstation character, boom, Snake. Snake will never happen because it's Snake, boom, Snake.
Pirahna Plant is another example, a regular enemy from the Mario series, no one saw this coming (except a few prophets :p) and it just put to rest the 'newcomer are meant to promote new titles' argument or the shaky 'this character deserve to be in Smash'/relevancy argument. There's also the 'Mewtwo is a trophy so he won't be DLC' (in Smash4) or the classic 'Ridley is too big to be in smash' lying in the fan theories graveyard.

All i'm saying is if you look at things in perspective, there's no reason to give up hope on any possible newcomers yet. On the other hand, we don't have a lot of reasons to believe Skull Kid is going to be DLC for now but as i said before, we can still stay on the watch for anything that could help his chances during the next months/years.

Tbh I would love to see Skull Kid be the one to tear down those fan made theories. After all, breaking the rules and pranking people, that's exaclty what tricksters do best ;)

Top Bottom