• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The only way Skull Kid will be in Smash is if you guys keep him alive for 5+ years and no other new Zelda rep becomes more popular than him for a Smash choices. Considering all the Breath of the Wild champions will be skipped for Smash, I guess Skull Kid will still be a popular choice unless a new big Zelda rep comes around.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I dunno if someone brought this up; but Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash. I guess Skull Kid could be in two places at once?

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
I am very much looking forward to Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon, K Rool, Incineroar and surprisingly the piranha plant, I think we have a very interesting lineup here

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if someone brought this up; but Chrom is still in Robin's Final Smash. I guess Skull Kid could be in two places at once?
I don't see why not.

We can have more than one character on stage, some characters are Assists and bosses, some are Spirits and playable, or Spirits and Assists. Really if we rally behind him enough I'm sure we can really push to get him in. It worked for Hyrule Warriors, and honestly if that game and the Skull Kid DLC addition had come out before the roster was finalized, I'm confident he'd be in now. If they wanted to add him while still being an Assist, they could do so. Assists not being able to become playable DLC for the same game is an assumption; it doesn't have to be a rule.

It's a bummer he's not in right now, but we've shown that Skull Kid does have a fan base willing to rally for him.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
tl;dr you're going to make us Skull Kid fans look much worse by senselessly bashing tons of other characters, and in the process their fans. We'll watching smiling as they bite back.
This is the main issue I have with the toxicity currently.

It's deteriorating fanbases and splitting communities for the sole reason of disappointment.

Sure, Sakurai isn't perfect, but no game developer is. Should a Zelda rep have been prioritized over something like Piranha Plant or Incineroar? Yeah, I definitely agree. It's gotten the backseat since Brawl when it comes to inventive and fun newcomers. Should Isaac, Shadow, Ashley, and other popular characters have gotten a better chance or at least saved for DLC? Yeah, totally, but we also don't know if they are or aren't. Sakurai is unpredictable.

The problem here is bashing the game and the director of the game and being completely and totally immature about the situation. Hasn't anyone taught you that being inconsiderate and rude makes you a poor influence and never brings you satisfaction or anything worthwhile in life? This applies here.

You want Skull Kid or Zelda rep? Fight for it. Be passionate. Show your love for it. That's how K. Rool and Ridley got in. Despite missing their chances in previous entries, the majority of their fanbases stuck together like glue and fought the good fight and let their voices be heard loud and clear. You miss your chance? Try even harder and shoot for the stars. Gather supporters and increase your volume and don't change your tone.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Does Skull Kid's Mii outfit come with Majora's Mask, or is the Majora's Mask itself a separate Mii outfit like in Smash U?

If not I'm wearing the Skull Kid costume and pretending I'm playing as Majora. I guess Mii Gunner would work well.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Does Skull Kid's Mii outfit come with Majora's Mask, or is the Majora's Mask itself a separate Mii outfit like in Smash U?

If not I'm wearing the Skull Kid costume and pretending I'm playing as Majora. I guess Mii Gunner would work well.
I'm pretty sure at least last game (note this is coming from someone who's never played Smash 4 so I may be wrong), the outfit primarily came with Majora's Mask and it was described as the Skull Kid look.

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
Hello, long time lurker and someone who also really would have liked Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask in the game. Just wanted to say for what it's worth, being an AT doesn't mean it's 100% impossible to become a character. There's nothing really stopping Sakurai from just making it so that when said character is playing, their assist trophy doesn't come up. Sure it's very, very unlikely given nothing of that sort has happened before, but I just like keeping it on the table at least, given Skull Kid or even the others like Isaac, Shadow, or Ashley are such favorites. By all means do not hold your breath, I for one, am not but it's still possible.

All in all though I mainly just think people should be excited no matter what for whatever DLC characters may hold, but more importantly the base game is such a stellar cast I truly cannot be dissatisfied in the slightest with the game itself and hope others feel the same. I'd say just keep holding onto the excitement to get Skull Kid in Smash one day. It is very apparent in this game that Sakurai does indeed care about community picks at least in some shape or another (looking at Ridley). DLC characters for sure are already locked in but that doesn't mean showing your enthusiasm for someone like Skull Kid is wasted. In fact it's part of the fun! :)

Last edited:

TheKingOfEvil2014

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit depressed about the AT. Man, they didn't even bother to show it in the video... I'm just hoping Sakurai notices the fan demand for many characters that are currently ATs and decides to add them to the game as DLC, despite how unlikely it feels.

Oh well, at least World of Light looks dope.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Let me be the one to deliver the bad news. Skull Kid is a confirmed Assist Trophy as seen in the list on the SmashBros website.
Are you ever going to address your fake leaks?

Like......could we get some insight on why you did what you did? Instead of just coming back and acting like nothing happened?

I'm sorta flabberghasted that the rest of the thread doesn't seem to care; you were the cause of a lot of the false hope these people held onto, yet nobody asked this? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice

Like......could we get some insight on why you did what you did? Instead of just coming back and acting like nothing happened?

I'm sorta flabberghasted that the rest of the thread doesn't seem to care; you were the cause of a lot of the false hope these people held onto, yet nobody asked this? I don't get it.
Just ignore him. He's not worth it. Clearly he does things for attention.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The fact that Chrom is still part of Robin's FS is...so very strange to me. How did that even happen? We never saw Robin's FS and thus we assumed Chrom was getting in, but apparently it didn't even matter? I wonder if it changes if Chrom is on the battlefield. It's so bizarre.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Learned of the improved Mii Costume, which is a nice consolation prize, and Robins bizarre final smash gives me a bit of hope. (although I won't get my hopes up high)

And Mii Brawler is my favourite

If we get a hat + Mask combo, it would look pretty nice.

Also added the unbecoming too the first page.

Alright bye again,

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It might actually give me a reason to play as the Mii Fighters if I get the game, lol.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Its possible he does have a real source that gave him false info, but the source is still someone they knows well, and doesn't want to jeopardize their career over something like that. It does happen.

That being said, I don't know anything about this situation specifically, and just wanted to add some perspective.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
We never saw Robin's FS and thus we assumed Chrom was getting in, but apparently it didn't even matter?
We did the same thing for YL's Final Smash--except it turned out that Skull Kid wasn't playable.

The only new Final Smash I've seen since the Direct is Yoshi's. Peach, Daisy, YL, and Robin all have the same old stuff.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
This is my first time coming here since the direct cause I didn't want to think about it, I would hope he could be DLC but I'm just not sure anymore, I really don't like the idea of him being a assist and fighter at the same time, but if thats what it takes to make it in, I'll take it.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
Now that the dust is settled I'm at peace with the roster. Skull kid would have been nice, like really nice but ultimately it would have just been a cherry on top of this game. I quietly accepted that Ken and Incineroar were going to be the last two fighters but was hopeful that the grinch leak was real.
I suggest everyone who supports him to buy Skull kid's Mii costume. also question can you use mii costumes for any type of fighter or are they locked to playstyles, like is skull kid locked to be a brawler?

As for what we got
Ken- We all knew he was in from that pic and it's cool that you can just play street fighter now in smash bros.
Incineroar- I'm not huge on him, but I really like the animations they gave him. his over the topness is actually pretty great and i'm feeling a lot better about him than when he first got leaked. plus my gf is excited that he's in because he's basically a pokemon version of our maine ****, and litten was her starter in moon.
PP-i'm not going to lie, I'm thrilled. As far as weird off the wall characters go this one takes the cake. As someone who mained G&W because he could hurl breakfast foods at people, I give this humble plant my blessing and honestly depending on how he plays, i might try to main him.
plus PP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steve.

Keep the Dream alive Skullbros

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Can someone link the Mii costume on imgur? I can't see the pictures for some reason, probably because I'm on mobile.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I suggest everyone who supports him to buy Skull kid's Mii costume. also question can you use mii costumes for any type of fighter or are they locked to playstyles, like is skull kid locked to be a brawler?
Unsure. In the last game some of them were for all of them and some were just for specific ones. None of them make any sense for Skull Kid, so I have no idea why they'd lock it to one, but obviously there are always questionable decisions. :roll:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Well! I can safely say that Sakurai doesn't care about us at all judging by all the horrible decisions he's made!

No game modes In Ultimate except for the ****ty Smash Tour mini game (Known as World Of Light) and the ****ty Master Orders rip-off (Spirirts Mode)!

Making our favorite characters we wanted in the roster ****ing assist trophies (Including Skull Kid, Minda, And Ghirahim)!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing in unwanted Veterans who still have nothing unique about them (such as Young Link, who didn't even get a final Smash that was different from either Toon Link Or Regular Link, and Pichu)

Removing Trophies completely for ******** reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having no good unlockable content that worth playing through those two ****ty modes for (NOT EVEN NEW STAGES OR ALTERNATE COSTUMES)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing In A Worthless Plant with teeth on it that's a ****ty Wario echo that you have to pay 10/20 dollars for!

Judging by what Vergeben has said! Us getting some ****ty DLC character choices such an anime swordswomen who's game didn't even get a release on a Nintendo console, A ****ty, blocky Villager echo with nothing interesting about him (Steve From Minecraft), A Square Character that isn't Geno, Sora, Crono, A Dragon Quest Character, or anyone from a good game series Square produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Online game play being just ****ty and awful as it was in Brawl!

I would stay away from the game if were you all and see about purchasing something better! As this will be the Death Of Super Smash Bros and the game will end up in a far worse position than Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite as this rate!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going thread to thread copying and pasting your ********?

Smash Apprentice
Hoi fellow Marauders. While this thread is likely to move a lot slower soon, i'm convinced we must keep it running (i saw some talk about closing it earlier). I think it's a good idea to stay on the watch for anything Skull Kid related and continue to rally supporters until the opportunity comes again.

Also in the next months we're likely to learn more about DLCs, i'd keep an eye on that in case an AT gets promoted to playable character. I know it didn't happen during Smash 4 but Ultimate is a whole other game so nothing is set in stone regarding the newcomers selection process imo.

I'll continue to visit this thread often but meanwhile, if any of you are looking for a place to chat about Zelda games or about Zelda content in smash or about anything really, there's always the Link Social Thread, feel free to visit we're not a big bunch so it's pretty cozy. I'm sure the people there would be happy to have more Zelda fans to chat with.

Again, Masked Marauder for life, shoutout to NintenRob NintenRob for all his hard work and contagious passion, you deserve your rest mate.

Everyone died.
Kirby didn't :p

Why is Smash Ultimate's "World of Light" adventure mode so eerily similar to Dragon Ball FighterZ's story mode?

It literally is the same damn thing down to the gameplay structure, walking around on a map and fighting boring *** recolored CPUs on normal stages while "freeing" characters and adding them to your party.
That's exaclty what i thought lol. But to be fair, Brawl had similar mechanics with the Subspace Emissary back in the days. I just hope there's some more kickass cutscenes and that the mode itself is a nice and simple way to unlock all characters.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
That's exaclty what i thought lol. But to be fair, Brawl had similar mechanics with the Subspace Emissary back in the days. I just hope there's some more kickass cutscenes and that the mode itself is a nice and simple way to unlock all characters.
oh there for sure is, not as often as subspace I'm guessing, but there will atleast be one for the final boss, I wanna see my boy :ultganondorf: in a cutscene, oh god, i wonder if they will give him a talking voice

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sorry, but it’s been confirmed that there won’t be any cutscenes beyond the one that we’ve seen.

Smash Apprentice
Apparently in the Japanese version of the Direct Sakurai explicitly said that there are no more cutscenes in Adventure Mode: although the way that's worded means there might be one at the very end.

Not sure why the English version didn't say that.

Last edited:
Apparently in the Japanese version of the Direct Sakurai explicitly said that there are no more cutscenes in Adventure Mode: although the way that's worded means there might Ben one at the very end.
Would be a real shame... the cinematic intro was very promising. Do you have a source?

Last edited:
https://mobile.twitter.com/aevanko/status/1058013060319784962?s=21

This tweet doesn't link to anything, but I doubt someone would straight up lie about this. This person seems to understand Japanese.
Thx. Yeah i agree, i think there's no reason to lie about this. Well that's unfortunate, i guess the story from Subspace will never be matched (maybe in a future smash...).

Oh btw i found this tweet by PushDustIn PushDustIn earlier, he was talking about the 'rule' of AT = not playable. It's just a reminder i guess, nothing we don't already know, i'm just glad i'm not the only one who thinks it's unlikely yet still possible.

He also tweeted recently about the fact that DLCs are probably in planning phase at the moment. That's strange tho, i thought the 1st DLC wave was already decided...?!? I think I'll rewatch the Direct again just to be sure.

So....does this ruin his chances even more for DLC? I mean, if he somehow came in, you'd have to take his 2 spirits out, his AT out, and his mii costume?
Being a Spirit don't deconfirm characters, people on the Geno thread found that there was a Spirit for Male Wii Fit trainer and someone on the discussion thread pointed out K.Rool was a Spirit too.

Edit: About the Mii costumes, there's 2 Inkling costumes (from Splatoon 2) so i'm not sure how much the Mii costume hurt his chances, hard to say at the moment. The AT is the biggest obstacle imo.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
So....does this ruin his chances even more for DLC? I mean, if he somehow came in, you'd have to take his 2 spirits out, his AT out, and his mii costume?
Not necessarily?

Spirits: King K. Rool and other characters have been seen as spirits in the trailers and direct.
AT: Chrom is both a playable fighter AND a Final Smash. Assists are no different here tbh.
Mii Costume: Characters in Wii U/3DS had pieces of gear for Miis like Samus's helmet, Meta Knight's mask, etc... They're just outfits.

Really, anything is possible at this point. It just depends on if Skull Kid was planned as DLC when the roster was being made. It's possible, especially since his AT has been seemingly just... ported over to Ultimate. Model is the same and I'm sure the effect is as well.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
It looks like the 5 DLC are mostly clear. Verge have some infos and another leaker called Hitage have other ones. Verge said that Hitage isn't a Faker and has really informations.
So what they said:

- SQ Enix-character
- Minecraft content

Hitage
- probably no Geno, looks like Sora or Slime
- Steve
- Katalina
- maybe viewtiful joe

This would be 4 of 5 characters. So there is only 1 left and the chances of Skull Kid gets less and less. Maybe he has a chance for the further then the 5 DLC (what I think we will get)

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the 5 DLC are mostly clear. Verge have some infos and another leaker called Hitage have other ones. Verge said that Hitage isn't a Faker and has really informations.
So what they said:

- SQ Enix-character
- Minecraft content

Hitage
- probably no Geno, looks like Sora or Slime
- Steve
- Katalina
- maybe viewtiful joe

This would be 4 of 5 characters. So there is only 1 left and the chances of Skull Kid gets less and less. Maybe he has a chance for the further then the 5 DLC (what I think we will get)
Eh, everything Verg announces is a disappointment tbh.

If they haven't decided on all of them yet though, maybe Skull Kid has a chance. Fan outcry got him in Hyrule Warriors in 2016. And if there's only supposed to be 5 DLC characters in all of Ultimate's lifespan that's a pretty big letdown.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I wonder if the Mii costume was planned from the start or was added in response to his sudden surger of popularity? It's not great, but as with all Mii costumes, it's better than nothing.

Top Bottom