• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Let me be the one to deliver the bad news. Skull Kid is a confirmed Assist Trophy as seen in the list on the SmashBros website.
Out of curiosity what made you think he might be playable before? It doesn't seem like he's a boss either.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Because a 10th Pokemon rep is more important than our 7th Zelda character, 4th if you consider how 3 of them are just repeats.

They didn't even pick a good Pokemon, that thing was hated when it was first revealed. It's hideous. And they consider it Smash worthy? How is it they nailed Greninja but messed up so badly here? They even had more time to see who was more popular!!!! The fire line was the least liked of the Alola starters!!!! How did they screw that up so badly????
Gamefreak are all incompetent hacks. They force Sakurai to add their flavor of the month shillmon like they did with Greninja. Incinaroar exists for no reason other than advertising.

We're never getting a Zelda newcomer. It is NEVER going to happen because Sakurai doesn't give a **** about it.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I still think we have a little chance that Skull Kid will be playable as DLC.

I also noticed that Skull Kid without his mask and with his mask are both
spirits. Maybe its a updated version with his mask.

icoNick

Smash Rookie
Did anybody else think Sakurai referring to a "fateful day" meant he was going to show Skull Kid in the story mode trailer... but then nothing. He either was trolling us throughout these reveals or at least was not thinking about what he was doing was hinting towards Skull Kid (and Isaac for that matter)

Smash Apprentice
All the DLC was decided in 2015 apparently, don't get your hopes up.

Oh well. There's always mods. A lot of fan favorites were done dirty do I expect them a year or two after DLC stops.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
I still think we have a little chance that Skull Kid will be playable as DLC.

I also noticed that Skull Kid without his mask and with his mask are both
spirits. Maybe its a updated version with his mask.
Where did you see the spirit with his mask?

Smash Apprentice
Because a 10th Pokemon rep is more important than our 7th Zelda character, 4th if you consider how 3 of them are just repeats.

They didn't even pick a good Pokemon, that thing was hated when it was first revealed. It's hideous. And they consider it Smash worthy? How is it they nailed Greninja but messed up so badly here? They even had more time to see who was more popular!!!! The fire line was the least liked of the Alola starters!!!! How did they screw that up so badly????
Incineroar is very popular in Japan. He was also the one bright spot in the day for me, I'm glad it wasn't Decidueye.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Gamefreak are all incompetent hacks. They force Sakurai to add their flavor of the month shillmon like they did with Greninja. Incinaroar exists for no reason other than advertising.

We're never getting a Zelda newcomer. It is NEVER going to happen because Sakurai doesn't give a **** about it.
Pokemon is ALWAYS going to get a newcomer. It's Nintendo's top selling franchise. Pokemon has made more money than Star Wars in half the time (since Star Wars came out in 1977 and Pokemon in 1996, 20 years later).

Every Pokemon gen becomes retro as the years go on, Lucario is now a 12 year old character. Pokemon characters deserve every spot they get. I don't care about Incineroar much himself, but it was obvious we were getting a Pokemon.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Well, it’s been a fun ride, people. Seems like Sakurai’s already got all the DLC characters figured out already, but let’s keep support going just in case. We accomplished a lot this game, and propelled Skull Kid into a spotlight he’s never seen before. Sakurai doesn’t seem to be very invested in Legend of Zelda, unfortunately, but the franchise is going places in spite of this, and its community will only continue to grow. Don’t know if you guys have seen this, but it appears Zelda may even be getting its own tv show before long.
http://metro.co.uk/2018/10/30/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series-underway-with-castlevania-producer-claim-insiders-8088205/amp
We are Nintendo’s core fanbase. We bring their stories and their games to the outside world and attract even larger communities of dedicated fans. Let’s keep positive, and never let Sakurai forget about Zelda again. This franchise helped make Nintendo, is one of its consistently best selling IPs, has inspired travelling orchestras, encyclopedias, television shows, spin-offs, cameos in other games, fan-made musical remasters - hell, even a few independent movies. This franchise deserves more than a mere three characters saddled with three other clones, while series like Fire Emblem explode with 7 unique characters, and Pokémon with 10. That’s not fair.

Never give up the fight. When we meet a terrible fate, we pull out our ocarina, play a song, and start all over again. But we won’t give up. It’s just a matter of time.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So many potential newcomers get made into assist trophies and yet the one that should have been an assist trophy get's made into a playable fighter. Why? For what ****ing purpose?

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
....Should the Goldenboi's and the Masked Marauders team up?
I'm all for that! Let the Masked Mauarders and—whatever the nickname is for Isaac fans—rally together to show that we want Skull Kid and Isaac! The Children of the Moon and Sun must be victorious someday with our help!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Wow... RIP. Young Link's FS is actually another Triforce Slash, LOL!
Oh my god of course it is. I didn't think it was possible for Sakurai to disappoint me more than he did with the Corrin/Bayonetta combo but he really is making the impossible possible.

I regret ever being excited. I should have known better tbh.

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice

Ok dude, chill out or just don't post here. This is not to vent and insult people.

Wow... RIP. Young Link's FS is actually another Triforce Slash, LOL!
Was it shown? Do you have a link? I missed it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's been fun guys, it really has. For what it's worth, Skull Kid's fanbase has grown bigger than ever and if his support continues to grow he could possibly be the next K. Rool or Ridley.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Whatever we do will amount to nothing anyway.
"If it's something that can be stopped, then just try and stop it."

If Link didn't give up fighting a dark god and her unholy, apocalypse-bringing moon, I see no reason why we should give up fighting for a cause that stands a real chance with as much traction as we've gotten. Sakurai's not hostile to us - Zelda has nine stages and six characters - few franchises can compete with that. The worst that can be argued is that he just doesn't care all that much. I'm hopeful that can change. Majora's Mask means a lot to me, and was instrumental in making me who I am. I'll continue to honor its legacy as long as there are people who recognize it. And look around - we aren't niche anymore, are we? Yesterday, we were nostalgic fans who couldn't even get our character into Hyrule Warriors. Today, we have that character, we have a remastered game, we have Theophany, and now, we have a legion of supporters. We are stronger than ever before. The tide turned for Ridley and K. Rool, and the tide will turn again.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Skull Kid is still an Assist Trophy... um... wow.

Seeing as how Sakurai was aware of the speculation surrounding Chrom and Dark Samus, Skull Kid being an Assist feels so deceiving, I thought Sakurai would intentionally be encouraging speculation for Skull Kid as a playable fighter when the Moon AT was revealed in the August Direct to follow up with a Skull Kid character reveal.

My deepest condolences to you all.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well, this was fun. Zelda won't get a Breath of the Wild newcomer either, can't see any of the champions being DLC. Zelda is pretty much done.

As said, at least all this raised awareness for Skull Kid to the point where he seems like the biggest Zelda requests. See you guys again....another 5 years from now until the next Smash....

Smash Apprentice

All they had to do was change Young Link's model with Fierce Deity and he could do the same sequence of slashes.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Sakurai does another Ballot either during these 5 DLC characters or after.

Really hoping it happens during, because then that could mean potential for a season 2 of DLC.

Regardless, another Ballot would be a REALLY smart choice, especially now that we know that AT characters aren't out of the question.

SmileyLeet

Smash Rookie
Well, this was fun. Zelda won't get a Breath of the Wild newcomer either, can't see any of the champions being DLC. Zelda is pretty much done.

As said, at least all this raised awareness for Skull Kid to the point where he seems like the biggest Zelda requests. See you guys again....another 5 years from now until the next Smash....
Are you the same cybersai on gamefaq who spent the last few days posting "we did it boys, we did it"?

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Don't think having a spirit will stop someone from being dlc, I believe there was a k rool spirit.

That said... I have no idea what to expect from dlc. I guess I still expect Geno? IDK anymore. Still looking for that young Link fs clip if someone did indeed see it and it wasn't just guessing.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Isaac fan here. Sorry you guys are stuck in assist trophy hell again with us...

It’s bull**** they waited until now to reveal them. Leading on fan bases to generate more hype for the game is a **** move.

Maxilian0124

Smash Rookie
Skull kid as an AT, make me sad, it was one of the DLC chars that i would have really liked for Zelda, i guess i should go and invade the Vaati Thread in hopes at least someone from Zelda new make it in! (Vaati is cool, but sadly he is not Skull Kid cool, nor Ghirahim fabolous)

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
I know its tough guys, I so wanted to smash people around with Skull Kid's mind control, but we have a stellar list of newcomers really:

Inkilings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K Rool, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant

IMO a far far more compelling list than smash 4 and almost up there with Brawl, I know this game will be a ton of fun!

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
I know its tough guys, I so wanted to smash people around with Skull Kid's mind control, but we have a stellar list of newcomers really:

Inkilings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K Rool, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant

IMO a far far more compelling list than smash 4 and almost up there with Brawl, I know this game will be a ton of fun!
So true. Sakurai doesn't owe us anything, and get the feeling he doesn't pay much attention to the Smash speculation process either. Tough as it is to recognize, Skull Kid hype wasn't near where it was now while the ballots were going on. The Director put a lot of heart and soul in this game, and it shows. While it may not be my "Ultimate" Smash game, I'm glad that he made a game that feels so for him, and that he enjoyed making. I'd rather have that than have Sakurai constantly moderating Game of Thrones' style political speculation games among his fanbase leading up to release, or burdened even more making things he doesn't have the energy or inspiration to make. The characters he has made for this game look incredible, and I'll be eager to play as them. As for Zelda - let's get loud, people, and make sure Sakurai never fails to hear us again. We need united front. We need a single mascot. We need Skull Kid.

And for any who fear this is the end, or that this will be the final Smash Bros, and therefore Skull Kid may never have a chance, Sakurai has this to say:
Sakurai interview with the Guardian said:
“I actually don’t feel that way at all! The best way to enjoy video games is to play what other people have made. But at the same time, I have a role. At this point I have been asked to create Smash and so I am doing that, and will continue to do so if the demand is there. On the one hand, I play games because of my job, but on the other hand, games have this eternal, immortal attraction. Of course I do go back to old games if I need a refresher, but I think it is important to intentionally play and observe new games, to know what’s out there. Games that are coming out now are just incredible; they’re amazing. Even for people who say that they grow out of games, once they have kids and there’s a game they can play together, they return. It’s not about quitting or graduating from playing games; it’s about finding what’s enjoyable for you at that time in your life, and playing that.”

Also, on a related note, we should totally get JoyStar's tribute video up on the main page. Would be really great for expanding our Skull Kid campaign. What do you think, NintenRob NintenRob ?

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
well that really hurt but hey even if we didn't get a zelda character yo at least we got snake hiding in a box and getting destroyed.

but for real that actually hurt. I was hyped for months for a SK reveal but to have him revealed just at the last direct was hurtful. At least put hype down early.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fccgHnBQ0YM

16:48 min

Somone know the min for Geno as a spirit? Coudln't find him.
Pretty sure that is Geno as a player icon or "token". Don't quite know yet, but I don't think he is a spirit. Geno for DLC baby! Skull Kid stuck as an AT again really pisses me off. Why the **** not just combine him and the moon as one? Instead of making them separate and lame...ugh.. No Shadow, no Skull Kid, and no ISAAC? Damn bummer of a day...to be a Smash fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom