• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Obviously the colour would have to be different, but that's possible given the bike itself is a different colour.

Heck, Mach Rider is different to his Melee design where that thing is from.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Well, one of them predates this image by almost a month. You'll have to ask papagenos about the other, but he seems completely confident in them.

Yeah there's absolutely nothing that proves the Chad Ganon leaker has any connection to the banner leak aside from getting the characters right. It's pretty suspicious and I don't blame people for making the connection but we won't really know for sure until we get more info on bosses and they line up with what he said too.

As I already said, Ridley is more or less one color. Skull Kid is extremely colorful. His colors would pop more than Ridley's, especially if he's in the front and not hidden behind three other characters.
Game & Watch is one color too and he has no problem with not turning invisible. Also what do think that purple ball that looks like Tael could actually be then?

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
http://www.netupload.de/s/big/1228/iQGSyyCC.jpg
http://www.netupload.de/s/big/1228/xkeN6Nf3.jpg

http://www.netupload.de/s/big/1228/1oBl3yrv.jpg

1. You can't see the backside of Mach Rider's bike. Its just the background.
2. The picture is from a bracelet and there is a foil around it. Because of this some colors looks a little bit different in the "wrong" light. You can see that roy's cap ist also blue instead of violett.
Also the picture is from a video so some colors become indinstict with each other.
3. Mach Rider have got its red/blue uniform so he also should have his white bike.

I am not sure what is direct above Skull Kid's head. It couldn't be the background, mabe there you can see a part of his bike.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah there's absolutely nothing that proves the Chad Ganon leaker has any connection to the banner leak aside from getting the characters right. It's pretty suspicious and I don't blame people for making the connection but we won't really know for sure until we get more info on bosses and they line up with what he said too.
It's the exact same characters, with none extra and none missing. Some of them are easy guesses, some less so. In a world of coincidences, that's a pretty massive one. You're right though, it could mean nothing at all! I just find it difficult to believe.

Game & Watch is one color too and he has no problem with not turning invisible.
I'm really unsure of your point here. Game and Watch is on the very end of the image with nothing in front of or behind him. He stands out against the background. "Skull Kid" doesn't. And he should, with all the colors on his clothing and the mask itself. Especially if he's in the foreground, with nothing in front of him.

Also what do think that purple ball that looks like Tael could actually be then?
Literally anything. It's a purple splotch on an already muddled image. There's no way to know what it is. But tell me, if that's Tael, where's Tatl? We know she's not with Young Link, after all.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I assume something Skull Kid related is coming- I’m just afraid of him being a Boss...

If a character is play viable (has moveset options, and is appropriate size) and has support behind them, why would you turn them into a boss instead of roster, what is to be gained in your effort of tuning their models and animations and attacks and hit boxes even more. Bosses should be unplayables like master hand... not roster potential, assist to boss is not an upgrade.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
It's the exact same characters, with none extra and none missing. Some of them are easy guesses, some less so. In a world of coincidences, that's a pretty massive one. You're right though, it could mean nothing at all! I just find it difficult to believe.
Sounds a a lot like why Loz18 got so big.

I'm really unsure of your point here. Game and Watch is on the very end of the image with nothing in front of or behind him. He stands out against the background. "Skull Kid" doesn't. And he should, with all the colors on his clothing and the mask itself. Especially if he's in the foreground, with nothing in front of him.
My point is that being a solid color (literally the only thing you said regarding Ridley) doesn't mean you just disappear in the banner. For all we know Mach Rider's bike could casting a shadow over Skull Kid while he sits in it referencing how heavily shadowed MM's own official artwork is. Would definitely explain why the color splotches are so muted.

Literally anything. It's a purple splotch on an already muddled image. There's no way to know what it is. But tell me, if that's Tael, where's Tatl? We know she's not with Young Link, after all.
Tatl is probably not with Skull Kid at all. For most of MM she's separated from Skull Kid and this isn't Hyrule Warriors so it's safe to assume Skull Kid wouldn't be using his fairies to do everything for him anyway.

For the record I'm still 50/50 on whether or not Skull Kid is in the banner but calling it "just the bike's headlights" is really not giving it any real discussion. Tons of people are seeing Skull Kid there for a reason.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sounds a a lot like why Loz18 got so big.
More than fair. We shall see.

My point is that being a solid color (literally the only thing you said regarding Ridley) does mean you just disappear in the banner. For all we know Mach Rider's bike could casting a shadow over Skull Kid while he sits in it referencing how heavily shadowed MM's own official artwork is. Would definitely explain why the color splotches are so muted.
That's not the only thing I said; I also pointed out that Ridley is blocked by three other characters. So yeah, obviously he's tough to pick out. Especially when one of those characters is Meta Knight, whose wings are a similar color. Skull Kid is supposedly in the very front of this image, completely unobstructed from view. No other colorful character on this banner has their colors muted, or at least not anywhere near as badly as his would have to be.

Tatl is probably not with Skull Kid at all. For most of MM she's separated from Skull Kid and this isn't Hyrule Warriors so it's safe to assume Skull Kid wouldn't be using his fairies to do everything for him anyway.
Seems odd to me to have one but not the other, when they're both his friends (and if the chairs are anything to go by, Sakurai would recognize that they're partners), but it's hardly a big deal if she's not there. Just curious what your thoughts were.

For the record I'm still 50/50 on whether or not Skull Kid is in the banner but calling it "just the bike's headlights" is really not giving it any real discussion. Tons of people are seeing Skull Kid there for a reason.
I'm not necessarily claiming it's the bike. I'm not sure what it is. I'm just not letting myself believe it's Skull Kid.

That being said, you're right. I've been unnecessarily antagonistic, so I'll back it off. I just hate to see people getting their hopes up only to have them dashed.

I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
That being said, you're right. I've been unnecessarily antagonistic, so I'll back it off. I just hate to see people getting their hopes up only to have them dashed.
Don't worry about it. A one sided debate isn't really a debate anyway. You can stay on the fence about it if you want, and at least you wouldn't be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Man, October 31st was such a perfect day to announce Skull Kid if he is/was playable.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid is still missing from the game entirely so far. I seriously doubt Skull Kid, who was just added in Smash U, would be removed entirely when other old outdated Zelda characters Assists still remain like Midna, Giraghim, etc. And we have the Moon without Skull Kid! How many times have people said it would have made far more sense for Skull Kid to summon the Moon and teleport away? Sakurai knew people would talk about that.

They even made the Majora's Mask a Mii outfit last time. It just doesn't make sense for Skull Kid to be so mysteriously absent. And I just cannot see him as a boss so I don't know what's up.

I mean everyone noticed Shadow's Assist trophy was missing and lo and behold he's on the leak and people expect him as an echo. I just cannot comprehend Skull Kid's complete removal from Smash if he wasn't intended to be playable.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
DukeItOut64 on reddit did a drawing of the bike which I personally think is the best example yet, it matches the original design of the bike

6wYHzY7.png

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I guess I should look for another unclear blemish on the picture and outline some character I really want in Photoshop with a filter until people believe they are in too. Wait wasn't kosmos in there? Kosmos is there, we did it guys!

This is exhausting. And now rumors of a direct this week. I really hope the banner leak is put to rest one way or the other.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
DukeItOut64 on reddit did a drawing of the bike which I personally think is the best example yet, it matches the original design of the bike

View attachment 173614
This looks nice, but isn't correct.

Yo don't see the backwheel of the bike, this is just a rockformation in the Background like I have posted Pictures before.
It only looks so because you see the round form of Inklings ear.
The left shoulder ist too long, he just overpainted the important areas like the eyes, spikes etc.
There is no explanation for the violett point next to Roy's leg.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Skull Kid is still missing from the game entirely so far. I seriously doubt Skull Kid, who was just added in Smash U, would be removed entirely when other old outdated Zelda characters Assists still remain like Midna, Giraghim, etc. And we have the Moon without Skull Kid! How many times have people said it would have made far more sense for Skull Kid to summon the Moon and teleport away? Sakurai knew people would talk about that.

They even made the Majora's Mask a Mii outfit last time. It just doesn't make sense for Skull Kid to be so mysteriously absent. And I just cannot see him as a boss so I don't know what's up.

I mean everyone noticed Shadow's Assist trophy was missing and lo and behold he's on the leak and people expect him as an echo. I just cannot comprehend Skull Kid's complete removal from Smash if he wasn't intended to be playable.
If he's not an Assist Trophy, a boss, or he's not in base, he will definitely be DLC in the future. Skull Kid is too popular to completely remove from the game entirely, so I definitely think he will be DLC if the Grinch/Banner leak turns out to be true.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, this right here is what has me feel like Skull Kid is playable, as base or DLC (whether in the banner or not since we don't know for certain if it's even real, let alone if Skull Kid is in it). Because it seems almost like he's cut from the game entirely and doesn't make much sense why. Some people might say "Oh, well Isaac's Assist Trophy disappeared for one game and he wasn't playable then, that means nothing!" but it's not quite the same. For Skull Kid...

-he had an Assist Trophy last game
-he had a Mii costume last game, like several characters such as Isabelle, Dark Samus, and Geno (IIRC). The first two characters are playable and one might be
-Skull Kid was initially not in Hyrule Warriors as DLC, but fan demand had them put him in. Skull Kid has popularity I know that this one might not be as good a point because he debuted in Legends in 2016 after the roster was finalized so that could be a point for DLC, but I digress
-Majora's Mask was rereleased for the 3DS in 2015 before the final roster was decided, bringing Skull Kid back to the public eye again

He has a fanbase. He has a presence in Smash. Several Mii costumes have been promoted to playable.

In Smash Ultimate, what we definitely know so far:
-his Assist Trophy hasn't been seen, appearing to be replaced by the Moon and that new mushroom AT. They could have just had Skull Kid call down the moon but he's not there. Likewise Shadow's AT is missing and replaced with Knuckles, and if the Grinch leak is at all accurate, he's playable
-Young Link's Final Smash, which could be Fierce Deity, has not been seen and would be a perfect counterpart to Skull Kid
-"He could be a boss", you say? Then why haven't they shown his Assist Trophy yet? It was established in an earlier Direct that characters can be both Assist Trophies and boss fights. They could have shown his Assist Trophy earlier if he was still one. But much like Shadow, he's nowhere to be found.

And if we take into account Chad Ganandorf's leak with any credibility at all, then Skull Kid's not playable, he's not a boss, and he wasn't cut from the game. So if that leak's taken with any sort of legitimacy he was just... left out entirely? Given the last game and what we know about this one, it doesn't make any sense.

Could he be first in line for DLC? Absolutely. It's just all really really strange...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly, this right here is what has me feel like Skull Kid is playable, as base or DLC (whether in the banner or not since we don't know for certain if it's even real, let alone if Skull Kid is in it). Because it seems almost like he's cut from the game entirely and doesn't make much sense why. Some people might say "Oh, well Isaac's Assist Trophy disappeared for one game and he wasn't playable then, that means nothing!" but it's not quite the same. For Skull Kid...

-he had an Assist Trophy last game
-he had a Mii costume last game, like several characters such as Isabelle, Dark Samus, and Geno (IIRC). The first two characters are playable and one might be
-Skull Kid was initially not in Hyrule Warriors as DLC, but fan demand had them put him in. Skull Kid has popularity I know that this one might not be as good a point because he debuted in Legends in 2016 after the roster was finalized so that could be a point for DLC, but I digress
-Majora's Mask was rereleased for the 3DS in 2015 before the final roster was decided, bringing Skull Kid back to the public eye again

He has a fanbase. He has a presence in Smash. Several Mii costumes have been promoted to playable.

In Smash Ultimate, what we definitely know so far:
-his Assist Trophy hasn't been seen, appearing to be replaced by the Moon and that new mushroom AT. They could have just had Skull Kid call down the moon but he's not there. Likewise Shadow's AT is missing and replaced with Knuckles, and if the Grinch leak is at all accurate, he's playable
-Young Link's Final Smash, which could be Fierce Deity, has not been seen and would be a perfect counterpart to Skull Kid
-"He could be a boss", you say? Then why haven't they shown his Assist Trophy yet? It was established in an earlier Direct that characters can be both Assist Trophies and boss fights. They could have shown his Assist Trophy earlier if he was still one. But much like Shadow, he's nowhere to be found.

And if we take into account Chad Ganandorf's leak with any credibility at all, then Skull Kid's not playable, he's not a boss, and he wasn't cut from the game. So if that leak's taken with any sort of legitimacy he was just... left out entirely? Given the last game and what we know about this one, it doesn't make any sense.

Could he be first in line for DLC? Absolutely. It's just all really really strange...
Man, the last Smash Direct won't come soon enough. I just want to know if the Banner leak is real or not so we can get it over with.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I mean in all honesty, if the banner leak is real, then who else is first in line for DLC? Skull Kid seems like the most viable option.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I mean in all honesty, if the banner leak is real, then who else is first in line for DLC? Skull Kid seems like the most viable option.
Shantae, Bandana Dee, Waluigi if they decide to promote Assist Trophies into playable characters in DLC. I guarantee you one of those three will be the first character announced for DLC.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Bandana Dee, or perhaps one of the supposedly cut characters, are also good bets!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Shantae, Bandana Dee, Waluigi if they decide to promote Assist Trophies into playable characters in DLC. I guarantee you one of those three will be the first character announced for DLC.
I could also see Sora being our first DLC character. Honestly there's no way to predict it, but those all seem likely to me.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I think soras unlikely because of KH's relationship with Disney
Nah, it's not nearly as big a deal as people think. Disney was asked how they would feel about Sora in Smash and they basically just said they'd be fine with it as long as Nomura signed off. And it would be completely possible to represent Sora and KH without referencing Disney at all. The only thing we'd be likely to see is the Mickey-shaped keychain on his Keyblade, and even that could be changed if it was an issue. I can imagine it as a Smash symbol instead.

EDIT: I'm summoning Nekoo Nekoo to confirm, since he knows better.

Last edited:

WorDtheOnE

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new on the Boards.
I'm reading here since E3 and totally support the Skull Kid. I never know I want someone specific in smash cuz I already have my favorit fighters since Smash 64. ^^ (Link & Pikachu)
But as soon as I see the moon as an AT i felt in love with the idea of Skull Kid being playable! <3
I also support the Chair idea and i think there are more hints from Nintendo-posts that make me think he will be playable (shown the skull kid figure).
So please add me to the support list!
If he isn't in the base game, let's fight together for DLC :)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My issue with Sora is Kingdom Hearts is too ingrained with Disney. The main appeal is travelling to all these Disney worlds and meeting Disney characters. It tip toes the line of video games too much. Like what would the stage be? Trophies? Do you just ignore all the Disney stuff, Sora himself takes inspiration from Disney design.

The best way to put it, Kingdom Hearts is a licensed video game. And I wouldn't want characters from other licensed games, such as Dragon Ball Fighters Z, South Park Stick of Truth or Batman Arkham series. Even if some of those have original characters to use.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Regarding Sora, it is one hundred percent possible to represent KH without even looking at Disney. Sora was a character in some mobile FF game, I think, and he brought none of his Disney stuff with him. The original parts of KH are the most interesting (to me); I'd be happy to leave both Final Fantasy and Disney out of it entirely.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So it's 40 juicy minutes of new content and the last Direct before the game's release. That means that this is it. I think we can safely say Sakurai is revealing all the characters and the speculation is finally over.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The moment of truth!!! Our final chance!!!

Unless Mach Rider isn't revealed and we still don't know what the heck is up with his bike.

Still, I think we'll know his fate regardless, let's hope nothing DLC killing happens. Or better yet, he's revealed playable and the leak is fake.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
This is it, the last one. So not only we'll know everyone, but I don't think we are getting 7 new ones... It seems excesive for just one direct where they also have to talk about spirits mode.

My mind is going back to the dark times... with just Ken, Incineroar and Geno :(

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I can't say that I find it likely that Skull Kid will be revealed, but I remain hopeful that he will. If nothing else, then as NintenRob NintenRob says, hopefully he won't have another role, because I'm very confident we can give him the push he needs for DLC should he not make it here.

Top Bottom