• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
or if Sakurai didn't have the stupid mindset of "well this character was this way once so they will be this way forever" and sure he got minor changes overtime, but really he's still a Captain Falcon clone at his core.
Yeah true, Sakurai's stubbornness is the real roadblock here.

cybersai

Smash Ace
So going back to loz18, if any of you remember this from his twitter before he deleted it all:

- He constantly posted Majora's Mask gifs from the game saying Skull Kid was "80% playable" whatever that means

- He once posted a pic of a giant rising sun a "Golden Sun" and said on a discord he saw something that might imply Isaac is playable

- He made another tweet talking about the N64, saying, "Do you remember how fun it was in the N64 days to play with 4 controllers" and if I remember correctly he had a Banjo-Kazooie gif in that post.

- Lastly he said, "I've seen something implying more characters are playable than I thought" and said, "A lot of you will be very happy."

Thinking about all these tweets months later they really do correlate to everything in that leak. All those weird hints he kept giving about the N64, Majora's Mask, Isaac, "more characters than he expected," etc....I wonder if loz18 really did know a large chunk of the roster back then.

I wish there was some way to view deleted twitters, he made a lot of these posts if any of you remember.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't remember any word of loz18 posting this stuff, but tbh I didn't check his twitter until the Sept. direct was nearing. If this stuff about his Twitter is true, that's...interesting, though I would just assume he was messing with people, since he seems to have only had info about E3.

I guess you could say he was half-right with the August direct, though...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
So going back to loz18, if any of you remember this from his twitter before he deleted it all:

- He constantly posted Majora's Mask gifs from the game saying Skull Kid was "80% playable" whatever that means

- He once posted a pic of a giant rising sun a "Golden Sun" and said on a discord he saw something that might imply Isaac is playable

- He made another tweet talking about the N64, saying, "Do you remember how fun it was in the N64 days to play with 4 controllers" and if I remember correctly he had a Banjo-Kazooie gif in that post.

- Lastly he said, "I've seen something implying more characters are playable than I thought" and said, "A lot of you will be very happy."

Thinking about all these tweets months later they really do correlate to everything in that leak. All those weird hints he kept giving about the N64, Majora's Mask, Isaac, "more characters than he expected," etc....I wonder if loz18 really did know a large chunk of the roster back then.

I wish there was some way to view deleted twitters, he made a lot of these posts if any of you remember.
Loz18's real problem was on how cryptic he was, and didn't make it clear when he was leaking and speculating.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't remember any word of loz18 posting this stuff, but tbh I didn't check his twitter until the Sept. direct was nearing. If this stuff about his Twitter is true, that's...interesting, though I would just assume he was messing with people, since he seems to have only had info about E3.

I guess you could say he was half-right with the August direct, though...
He had all those posts up with gifs, I'm pretty sure the Banjo gif was the one Banjo was playing the banjo drum from the opening/ending, etc. He kept playing gifs from Majora's Mask too over and over like Link dancing wearing the dancing mask, or Skull Kid juggling the ocarina in his hand as he looks down on Link from the top of clock tower. Then he posted a picture of a "rising sun" which was huge and golden, obviously implying Isaac.

People didn't take him seriously back then because it looked like he was making stuff up to remain relevant, but I wonder if he was legit. Shortly after he deleted his entire twitter, left that discord he was in, and disappeared.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, some of these insiders are cryptic as well, though I do think it's safe to assume loz18 was lying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wonder if he was using his power before hand, to bring more attention to Skull Kid because it's his most wanted, regardless if he lost his credibility, maybe Loz18 was a tragic hero all along, ......lol nah

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He had all those posts up with gifs, I'm pretty sure the Banjo gif was the one Banjo was playing the banjo drum from the opening/ending, etc. He kept playing gifs from Majora's Mask too over and over like Link dancing wearing the dancing mask, or Skull Kid juggling the ocarina in his hand as he looks down on Link from the top of clock tower. Then he posted a picture of a "rising sun" which was huge and golden, obviously implying Isaac.

People didn't take him seriously back then because it looked like he was making stuff up to remain relevant, but I wonder if he was legit. Shortly after he deleted his entire twitter, left that discord he was in, and disappeared.
I did see the golden sun and the "Dawn of the Final Day" stuff, as if he was teasing Skull Kid in the Nintendo direct, but then it ended up being Isabelle. If I recall, he deleted his twitter and stuff after the direct, or at least within a day of it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yep, he disappeared after Isabelle was revealed because people kept bashing him because either Skull Kid or Isaac weren't shown.

But he kept posting N64 stuff over and over. If Banjo makes it I now know why,

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Loz18 said a lot more than that. I believe Burb Burb was in a discord with him where he said a lot of contradictory stuff. He's not reliable at all.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Loz18 said a lot more than that. I believe Burb Burb was in a discord with him where he said a lot of contradictory stuff. He's not reliable at all.
Hey, thanks for the ping.

I posted this yesterday in a thread that tried to claim loz18 could still be legit, so I'll just copy and paste it all here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76999327

newwabisabi is a mod from Mimique Valley. He is the mod who let me onto the server in the first place. He was both a supporter and personal friend of loz18.

In post #23 of the thread linked above, newwabisabi gives out details loz18 told the mods of Mimique Valley in private regarding the September 2018 Direct.

>the direct would be much shorter, not wasting time on already revealed games like crystal chronicles or civ 6
>he himself edited the direct, and knew that there would be many cut content from the direct such as those.
>there would be a part where sakurai speaks about how he developed the new character
>there would be an apology message.​

The second bullet point is especially important: loz18 claimed to be the person who edited the Direct together. He supposedly created that Direct. In spite of this, every single thing he said was incorrect.

After the E3 leak, everything loz18 said was predictions passed off as leaks.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well, there it is. The only person to "leak" Skull Kid had no credibility at the time he did so. No other source for this banner leak has included Skull Kid among the list of characters. You have to go through ridiculous lengths and justifications to make it look like Skull Kid is actually visible in that image. The only reasonable conclusion is that he's not playable.

I will obviously be incredibly happy if I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up, and as always, I recommend you don't either.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Anyone see vergeben strongly refuting the banner? Credibility in the past =\= credibility now. The banner has a lot more going for it then verges vague claims that slowly became inceniroar. Just because Loz was credible back then doesn't mean he is still right about skull kid (but for the record pls be right loz i want my skull kid)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, there it is. The only person to "leak" Skull Kid had no credibility at the time he did so. No other source for this banner leak has included Skull Kid among the list of characters. You have to go through ridiculous lengths and justifications to make it look like Skull Kid is actually visible in that image. The only reasonable conclusion is that he's not playable.

I will obviously be incredibly happy if I'm wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up, and as always, I recommend you don't either.
Even if he isn't in base, he's still very likely for DLC.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Unless he's a boss, in which case he'll probably stay that way.
I feel like if he were a boss, at least if I were Sakurai, the best case scenario is that he'd be sort of a boss and playable. In Story Mode the player would encounter Skull Kid, who becomes possessed by Majora. At first Majora uses Skull Kid as a puppet, but then discards him and becomes Majora's Incarnation and/or Wrath. Majora is defeated and you unlock Skull Kid as a playable character.

That's how I'd do it if I were Sakurai and Skull Kid had to technically be a boss in some form.

One thing I don't get though is that they've shown characters can be Assists and boss fights. And if Skull Kid were an Assist (and thus could also be a boss/semi-boss fight) they probably would have shown him by now or put him with the moon.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
At this point, the best thing that can happen for Skull Kid is that he doesn't show up in the next Direct at all (if he's not shown off as playable). The one worrying thing is that we know that there is an entire mode that likely circulates around bosses that we know next to nothing about. As stupid as the idea is, Sakurai may very well do it yet.

As for leaks, I think we're largely on our own for now unless you believe the Banner Leak. When it comes to Skull Kid, we are pretty much still back at square one with the chairs/pillows, Sakurai's recognition of him in Smash 4, and his lack of appearance as of yet being his best bets.

Whatever the case, we really need to be ready this time around to jump on the Train of Representation as soon as we can for Skull Kid if he's missing from the game entirely. I think one of the biggest things that Skull Kid has against him is that his fan-base has gone largely quiet after each game; something I will add I'm guilty of doing. However, if there is a "next time" with Smash Ultimate, we simply can't do this again, and must instead take example from the Ridley and K. Rool community to push as hard as possible (in a conducive manner, not disrespecting other characters or Sakurai) to get him into a DLC pool by spreading the awareness.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
It was a quick trace and I can't exactly get the underside of the bike since this big honking double light attachment is hanging down there in front of it.

In fact I just noticed that I didn't get the front wheel on point. Scoot it down and to the left just a tiny bit and you'll notice the thing people are calling Skull Kid's body starts to clip in front of the wheel a bit now.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Well, the idea of SkullKid being on the banner was fun to examine, but why would they put him at MachRiders crotch? Just seems weird, let's just hope he was cut from the game entirely, maybe they added the moon so he'd have a spot for DLC, just seems weird for them not to put his model with the moon, I honestly don't think he will be a boss, cause even if he was why wouldn't you still put his model with the moon assist trophy?

cybersai

Smash Ace
Go to twitter and type "Skull Kid" in search, you'll see a whole bunch of different people posting they spot Skull Kid, changing the contrast/brightness levels to make it more obvious.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think at this point there's two most likely options:

1. Skull Kid is playable
2. He's not in the game at all but could be DLC later.

Assuming the Chad Ganondorf person is the same one who did the Grinch leak, and assuming both are real, he doesn't mention that Skull Kid was cut, or even in the list of boss fight characters (then again I don't think he mentioned Rathalos either). So either Skull Kid will be playable and we'll all be thrilled and surprised, or he won't be in the game at all at first but will likely be DLC later. Given the fact that we haven't seen heads or tails of his Assist Trophy anywhere I'm pretty sure one of those two options is the most likely. Either way it could mean that we will get Skull Kid at some point for Ultimate.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
The 4chan leak even said Tabuu is back from Brawl, so I dunno how legit he was.
I know right that would be as crazy as bringing back all characters who have ever been in a Smash Bros game

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Here's more artist interpretations:

You can clearly tell Mach Rider is a little behind Inkling and Roy. That means if Skull Kid is not there, there's a gigantic gap between Inkling and Roy on the final mural for no reason. Every other spot on the mural is packed and crowded with characters, why would they leave this open? Just so you can see the bottom of mach riders bike?

Meanwhile all the colors and shape match with the Majora's Mask and Skull Kid sitting/floating in mid-air.

He's in, boys, we did it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Personally, I feel like the colours are way too dark to be Skull Kid (who's generally dressed in bright reds and greens), and this might be a case of our minds seeing shapes that aren't there, like claiming that clouds look like certain things. It would be great to have Skull Kid in the game, but if he was, you'd think he'd stick out a lot more, between his clothing and Majora's Mask.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'm still doubtful that the banner leak is real. It's a lot of new characters. It would honestly be amazing to see the base-game roster be this huge with so many great picks, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

To be truthful, despite Skull Kid's absence I would be very happy if Grinch's leak is legit. The only thing that can piss me off is if we see Skull Kid demoted to some other nonplayable role, because if we all chant "DLC!! DLC!! DLC!!" I'm sure Skull Kid is first or second in line.

I've always been on the team of "Why skull kid?" for smash, but I read some of the movesets and at the very least they'd totes be the type of character i'd like to play and play often, so ive been moved to a neutral, even positive position.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Go to twitter and type "Skull Kid" in search, you'll see a whole bunch of different people posting they spot Skull Kid, changing the contrast/brightness levels to make it more obvious.
I saw two. Not exactly "a whole bunch." Probably because he's not there.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Please oh please let's change the topic. Everyone will forever make their edits and traces to pretend it's him just because the gaps in the bike, or the lights, or whatever match with some eyes and spikes that are literally around a circle. They will never mention the colors, pose, position... Anything. This thread is starting to read like a gamefaqs one.

Let's just leave this behind and talk about that new tweet linking the weird gap on the banner from the day Isabelle was revealed with Isaac from the leak. That actually might hold some truth.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't know what to think anymore, lol. I'll be cool if Isaac gets in.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Personally, I feel like the colours are way too dark to be Skull Kid (who's generally dressed in bright reds and greens), and this might be a case of our minds seeing shapes that aren't there, like claiming that clouds look like certain things. It would be great to have Skull Kid in the game, but if he was, you'd think he'd stick out a lot more, between his clothing and Majora's Mask.
You'd think Ridley would stick out too but he's pretty much invisible in that leak.

They will never mention the colors, pose, position... Anything.
People have though. Sitting down positioned in front of Mach Rider's bike and between Inkling and Roy looking at Tael who is in front of Roy's leg. The colors under the mask look like splotches of orange/brown and green just like Skull Kid's clothes. All of that has been brought up, not just the mask.

This thread is starting to read like a gamefaqs one.
Except nobody here is getting over emotional and using a whole lot of exclamation marks in a fit of rage. Plus we want Skull Kid so there's nowhere near enough trash tastes here for this to look like a Gamefaqs thread lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom