• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
For rumors? Or for Skull Kid?

I do feel like if we don't get something this week, we're not getting anything this month. I can't see them doing a character reveal next week and then a full Smash Direct less than a month after, and I don't think they're going to do a Smash Direct like...two weeks before the game comes out.

You can see the "New!" icon? It's not there for me.

You're right though, the fact that there's at least one reveal video just sitting in that playlist and they haven't shown it yet is very odd.
I'm putting the 26th down as the last plausible date for a reveal from the only precedent of Little Mac being revealed on his anniversary. It's a shaky and slim theory but it's the best we got left.
EDIT: spell correct ruined it lol

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'm putting the 26th down as the last plausible date for a reveal from the only precedent of Little Mac being revealed on his anniversary. It's a shaky and slim theory but it's the best we got left.
But was little mac revealed on the American anniversary or the Japanese anniversary?

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I do feel like if we don't get something this week, we're not getting anything this month. I can't see them doing a character reveal next week and then a full Smash Direct less than a month after, and I don't think they're going to do a Smash Direct like...two weeks before the game comes out..

Yeah, this week is the last one I'm giving hope for a new character announcement/direct. I'm starting to think they could even do a surprise character reveal in the smash blog like in previous games.... That would kill some hype but also would be highly shocking so I don't think it's a bad choice for them...

You can see the "New!" icon? It's not there for me..

Nope, I can't see it but I didn't know if it was something related to the spanish Smash site or not. Thanks for the info.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I seem to recall someone mentioning it was the American anniversary.
Well that bodes well for the theory of Skull Kid getting revealed this month and that this could be the breaking point after the 26th which Is scary

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I really hope so. That would mean we could get Isaac and Skull Kid this month! Also pretty near Halloween...

JoyStar JoyStar btw really cool quote in your signature.

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he was announced on the NA release of punch out on like February something.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It was in fact the American anniversary, which could bode well for Skull Kid, or could mean nothing at all.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I really hope so. That would mean we could get Isaac and Skull Kid this month! Also pretty near Halloween...

JoyStar JoyStar btw really cool quote in your signature.
That's just what I was thinking—not so sure about Isaac but if there really is a sun and moon theme going on if both are revealed in the next Direct that could be cool!

And thanks! My dreams apparently give me awesome quotes. :) Majora gave me a creepy one the other night: "Games are no fun if no one dies."

Speaking of dreams, last night I dreamed there was a Smash Bros merch store for all the Ultimate newcomers, Skull Kid being among them (there was also Geno, Isaac, Shantae to name a few). I was bummed when I woke up and realized that store doesn't exist.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
The bosses footages never show players fighting each other.
Keep in mind that that's exactly what happened in the Mega Man reveal for Smash 4. Was just Mega Man and Yellow Devil, and there was no single player in that one. I'm not saying there won't be one at all, and I could be wrong, but to shut the idea down completely is silly.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If he's in, then we're probably getting the moon tree as a stage or something. No way they're using great bay.
Ridley and K. Rool didn't get new stages to come along with them, so I could see Skull Kid not getting one either.

It was in fact the American anniversary, which could bode well for Skull Kid, or could mean nothing at all.
I've never seen newcomers get revealed on a certain date that a game came out in their franchise.

Speaking of dreams, last night I dreamed there was a Smash Bros merch store for all the Ultimate newcomers, Skull Kid being among them (there was also Geno, Isaac, Shantae to name a few). I was bummed when I woke up and realized that store doesn't exist.
I wish that store existed, because I would buy K. Rool merchandise in a heartbeat.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Keep in mind that that's exactly what happened in the Mega Man reveal for Smash 4. Was just Mega Man and Yellow Devil, and there was no single player in that one. I'm not saying there won't be one at all, and I could be wrong, but to shut the idea down completely is silly.
Wily's Castle also didn't magically change layout and background when the Yellow Devil appeared.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yellow Devil also isn't a cool set piece boss that would benefit from a flat large stage either. Yellow Devil's just bad
Heh, all right, that's fair, but Ridley and Metal Face were also fought on the regular stage with no changes. Both Rathalos and Drac are seen being fought on large, completely flat walk-off stages, like most of the bosses in Brawl. And the bosses that aren't fought on stages like that are fought on parts of mostly unchanged multiplayer stages, like the deck of the Halberd and the Blue Falcon.

You could be right! I just don't see the stage changing that drastically in the middle of a fight, so to me, the likelier scenario is that they're fought in a single-player mode. It also explains why the Monster Hunter stage hasn't been shown off with the other multiplayer stages; it's only in that single-player mode.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Heh, all right, that's fair, but Ridley and Metal Face were also fought on the regular stage with no changes. Both Rathalos and Drac are seen being fought on large, completely flat walk-off stages, like most of the bosses in Brawl. And the bosses that aren't fought on stages like that are fought on parts of mostly unchanged multiplayer stages, like the deck of the Halberd and the Blue Falcon.

You could be right! I just don't see the stage changing that drastically in the middle of a fight, so to me, the likelier scenario is that they're fought in a single-player mode. It also explains why the Monster Hunter stage hasn't been shown off with the other multiplayer stages; it's only in that single-player mode.
Oh, I never meant during the middle of the fight. I meant you'd go in and it'd be like that from the get go. I could maybe see them making it a mid-stage change kinda like how Ridley and Metalface would change the stage but I do think it'd be a little jarring.
Also I mean, we could both be right and it's in both modes.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Oh, I never meant during the middle of the fight. I meant you'd go in and it'd be like that from the get go. I could maybe see them making it a mid-stage change kinda like how Ridley and Metalface would change the stage but I do think it'd be a little jarring.
Oh, gotcha. I suppose that's a possibility! I do kinda hope not though, if I'm honest, because I was never really a fan of stage bosses. It's like...too much for a regular stage hazard, and I'd rather bosses be given a dedicated mode of their own rather than infringing on battles.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I just hope we get at least one new thing shown off sometime this month that isn't something we've already seen from the previous Smash Bros Ultimate Directs

As it's been bloody weeks since we've heard anything new about Ultimate for Heralds horrific sake!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
One thing to think about in regards to the bosses:

Dracula and Rathalos both seem to be much stronger than Smash 4's stage bosses, and during the Dracula part of the 8/8 direct, they manipulated the footage to make it seem like both Simon and Richter were fighting Dracula, but you only ever saw one of them fighting Dracula on his stage. When you see both of them together, Dracula's throne in the background is replaced with his coffin like the normal multiplayer stage.

-

Also, I made a concept for a Skull Kid victory theme based on Saria's Song. Probably not that good, drums may be weird, it's supposed to be triumphant with a mystical sound:

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Oh, gotcha. I suppose that's a possibility! I do kinda hope not though, if I'm honest, because I was never really a fan of stage bosses. It's like...too much for a regular stage hazard, and I'd rather bosses be given a dedicated mode of their own rather than infringing on battles.
Stage bosses are the biggest "I like them if I'm in the mood for them" If I'm not, than I'd rather not.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Sure, everything is possible, but I'm standing by this one. Both of these stages are completely flat without hazards just like boss stages in Subspace, and that has never happened for smash4 bosses. Just a lot of evidence pointing to them being something different.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Dracula and Rathalos both seem to be much stronger than Smash 4's stage bosses, and during the Dracula part of the 8/8 direct, they manipulated the footage to make it seem like both Simon and Richter were fighting Dracula, but you only ever saw one of them fighting Dracula on his stage. When you see both of them together, Dracula's throne in the background is replaced with his coffin like the normal multiplayer stage.

-

Also, I made a concept for a Skull Kid victory theme based on Saria's Song. Probably not that good, drums may be weird, it's supposed to be triumphant with a mystical sound:

I like it, but I do feel like SK's victory theme would sound more sinister.

Also on the topic of fake leaks there was one posted on r/smashbros with some decent work behind it:

https://i.imgur.com/OlfeNqM.gifv

Link part ruins it (looks like he's supposed to be holding a bow when he first pops up to me) but everything beforehand, including the little spin SK does looks pretty good. SK's finger sticking out at that weird angle when holding the "orb" is another poor detail.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I like it, but I do feel like SK's victory theme would sound more sinister.

Also on the topic of fake leaks there was one posted on r/smashbros with some decent work behind it:

https://i.imgur.com/OlfeNqM.gifv

Link part ruins it (looks like he's supposed to be holding a bow when he first pops up to me) but everything beforehand, including the little spin SK does looks pretty good. SK's finger sticking out at that weird angle when holding the "orb" is another poor detail.
Man, huge parts of that look pretty damn good. It's unusual to see a fake leak with that much work put in!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It looks good, but also looks like it was made in Source Film Maker; the movement isn't as smooth as an official Smash animation.

I like the concept, though.

Last edited:

Poogers555

Smash Rookie
Man, huge parts of that look pretty damn good. It's unusual to see a fake leak with that much work put in!
I think its fake as like said above Link doesnt look as smooth. I feel kinda bad for everyone ****ting on him though, it looks really good still plus theres clearly more effort than other "leaks."

Also it kinda annoys me this gets **** on and bombarded by everyone over on r/smashbros but yesterday they upvoted the top page the worst image of Captain Toad Ive ever seen and acted as if that had a chance at all smh

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Hello everyone!

Where to start? I know: I'm a Skull Kid supporter! So add me to the list, please? :)

I've been a fan of The Legend of Zelda since I'm child, and I want Skull Kid in Smash since before Melee. When this fake roster appeared, you know, the one with Banjo, Conker and Joanna Dark, I thought : "Of course! Skull Kid makes perfect sense! He's the bad guy of one of the two 3D games, he has appeared is both, he could have an incredible moveset..."

And he still does make perfect sense. As time went by, alas, I saw less and less chance for him to joign the fight. I voted for him during the ballot, after hesitating a lot between Banjo & Kazooie (who I didn't think had the slightest chance) and King K. Rool (more because I thought he had to be there than because I wanted to play him: I'm not really a DK fan).

When the Moon assist was revealed, I was extremely disappointed, because I was convinced that would have been his FS if Skull Kid was in. Then I saw Relaxalax' video on the subject, and my hopes went up...

So here I am. I don't think I will write a lot, but Skull Kid has my full support. There are not many characters that I want : Banjo & Kazooie are, for me, as important as he is. But next, there is only Dixie (again, because she has to be there: I've never played any game in which she stars), Toad, Captain or not (he too must be there: no one will open a bottle of champaign when or if he's revelead, but his absence is really odd), an F-Zero racer or two... I would also really appreciate Tetra, who would represent an important part of The Legend of Zelda with an original moveset, maybe even Tingle. But I think that's it. On top of my list: Skull Kid, and Banjo & Kazooie.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Correct if I am wrong, but doesn't the source say that the results of the "Secret event" will be revealed four days after the event?
I'm not sure to be honest, the posts linked to in the post are all in French because it's Quebec and I don't speak much French. So I'm not sure when after the event it might be revealed to the public. Any French speakers able to translate?

Last edited:

WampaWreckage

Smash Rookie

-

Yo, that victory theme is straight slaying. I think you did a great job with! The only change I'd make is more chaotic and unnerving, but that totally sounds like a Smashified version of the theme!

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I know it's pretty selfish even though it's only a month but does anyone else feel... smash news deprived? I'm dying for a new direct, I don't know how I made it before.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I know it's pretty selfish even though it's only a month but does anyone else feel... smash news deprived? I'm dying for a new direct, I don't know how I made it before.
I mean, I wouldn't expect another big Direct till next month, so you gotta keep yourself together till then. But hopefully something or other is revealed this month and it tides you over.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not sure to be honest, the posts linked to in the post are all in French because it's Quebec and I don't speak much French. So I'm not sure when after the event it might be revealed to the public. Any French speakers able to translate?
Not a native speaker, but the French in the pics is sound and matches with what the post explains. Another thing I noticed is that behind the message box there’s a search for mimique valley, which a Google search tells me is a Smash Tournament. Might the two things be related?

Still, I can’t imagine there being any sort of announcement even if the game at the bar is Smash.

The posts are basically people trying to know more about the event itself and the Arcade guy keep answering: ''Plus de détails à venir dans l'évènement cette semaine'' which means ''More details coming later this week about the event''. So there is secrecy about the event, we just don't know if the owner of the bar knows anything.

My 2 guesses:
1. It's a demo event (they keep it secret because it would create too much hype for them to handle)
2. There will be a Smash Direct on Thursday and it's a viewing event/party (they keep it secret because it's a secret).

edit: I think it's smash related because there's a smash 4 tournament the day after (Firday the 19) but it might be just a coincidence.

Oh those Queebs, always getting the good stuff.
Ooooooooh oui monsieur! You have the box theory, we have the bar theory :troll:and poutine...

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This bar thing and the fact the countdown twitter thing points to the same date, plus leakypandy hinted something for this week… The chances are high I guess. I was just clinging to the banner + playlist thing but now all this is making me hyped, I just hope it happens or this week will be boring once again lol… gotta take things with a grain of salt but damn i prefer getting hyped lmao

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Interestingly, while both this bar thing and the countdown lead to Thursday, the two events are hours apart. The countdown ends at 9AM EST, and the bar event is at 5PM EST.

Top Bottom