• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
People often bring up highly requested characters like K. Rool, Geno, and Ridley as the most requested newcomers. But, they somehow forget that Skull Kid is still a big deal request, since the Brawl days. If Sakurai is willing to add older characters like K. Rool, this bodes well for Skull Kid. Especially, when the moon is only present in the Assist Trophy.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Anytime a Smash direct talks about assist trophies

RIP
-Ashley
-Shovel Night
-Krystal
-Bomberman

I kind of panicked when they showed the moon thinking it was Skull Kid, although it does take away his potential final smash, I guess they could do Majora's Wrath.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People often bring up highly requested characters like K. Rool, Geno, and Ridley as the most requested newcomers. But, they somehow forget that Skull Kid is still a big deal request, since the Brawl days. If Sakurai is willing to add older characters like K. Rool, this bodes well for Skull Kid. Especially, when the moon is only present in the Assist Trophy.
I think people forget because he's a more popular pick amongst casual Smash fans rather than the ones who are part of the core speculation community. When I look at Smash speculation outside of this board he's brought up fairly consistently, and always has been.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
honestly skull kid assist trophie have been always.... very boring. like, if he was in teh game again, he could been used a reowrk, like.. calling the moon down on everyone.... what do you say, they reworked skull kid assist so he calls the moon on everyone.... and you say that he is nowhere to be seen and that the AT is called Moon?.... weiiird

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
It is pretty clear that Sakurai is going with ballot characters by now. If I were to guess who the final non echo characters are it would be Skull Kid, Shantae, Geno, Isaac, and maybe Banjo and Kazooie as the final big reveal. They were pretty popular choices and haven't been assist trophied yet.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I think people forget because he's a more popular pick amongst casual Smash fans rather than the ones who are part of the core speculation community. When I look at Smash speculation outside of this board he's brought up fairly consistently, and always has been.
Go look at YouTube comments and this makes sense

cybersai

Smash Ace
loz18 has been correct with everything else he said. Skull Kid/Majora's Mask getting in would be a dream come true, and Zelda is long overdue for a rep in general.

Hell this may justify why Young Link returned. After all Twilight Link/Zelda don't seem to be back, but Young Link came back as a complete separate character when he didn't have to. Maybe Young Link is back because Majora's Mask is his villain, and it wouldn't make sense for Majora's Mask to go up against Toon Link.

Anyone think this is a good theory? Young Link's return has always been surprising to me because he feels like he could have just been forgotten like Twilight Link/Zelda, or hell even Twilight Ganondorf.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
I would be completely shocked if Skull Kid got in over Ashley. And especially if Geno doesn't get in.

I'd be happy, not my first pick for a Zelda newcomer (Mipha), but he's certainly in a good place compared to other Zelda characters.

loz18 has been correct with everything else he said. Skull Kid/Majora's Mask getting in would be a dream come true, and Zelda is long overdue for a rep in general.

Hell this may justify why Young Link returned. After all Twilight Link/Zelda don't seem to be back, but Young Link came back as a complete separate character when he didn't have to. Maybe Young Link is back because Majora's Mask is his villain, and it wouldn't make sense for Majora's Mask to go up against Toon Link.

Anyone think this is a good theory? Young Link's return has always been surprising to me because he feels like he could have just been forgotten like Twilight Link/Zelda, or hell even Twilight Ganondorf.
No, lol. Everybody's Here. Young Link was a character, "Twlight Link" was not. If anything, I think Young Link being back would lessen the chances for Skull Kid.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
I would be completely shocked if Skull Kid got in over Ashley. And especially if Geno doesn't get in.

I'd be happy, not my first pick for a Zelda newcomer (Mipha), but he's certainly in a good place compared to other Zelda characters.
Remember Majora's Mask got a remake in 2014. If Sakurai decided the roster in late 2015 for Ultimate, Majora's Mask was only a year old at the time.

Zelda is long overdue for a rep in general, and outside of Impa being a Shiek echo, Majora's Mask was always the most likely choice. It's just that it didn't seem he was popular enough to get in over other characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What would his final smash be though? You think it would be the moon

Unless he turns into Majora or something

mikey661

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mikey661
3DS FC
5429-8052-2152
It's just weird because if they didn't want to make Skull Kid a playable character, then the only possible place he could appear in smash ultimate LOGICALLY would have been alongside the moon assist trophy.

And we already have the great bay as a Majora's Mask stage, so.....

WHERES MY BOY?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I created an account just to share this with you all.

There's a post floating around on Reddit right now about the colors of the chairs behind Mr. Sakurai and how they pertain to Waluigi being hinted at. After today's direct, however, I have a different theory.

As much of you are mentioning:

1. Rambling Evil Mushroom took one of Skull Kid's AT functions.
2. The new Moon AT appears, really suspiciously, without Skull Kid.
3. Skull Kid's trophy is still nowhere to be seen. We saw a similar situation with Dark Samus.
4. A few LoZ tracks were accounted for, but missing from the music list Sakurai demonstrated today. Three tracks, to be exact:
https://imgur.com/6XB4b9L

5. Finally, the colors of the furniture behind Sakurai matches Skull Kid's palette (green, yellow, purple, red, brown), not Waluigi's:
https://imgur.com/S7JjKSK

This isn't 100% confirmation. But the coincidences are certainly compelling.
Waluigi?

If that's so ... Look at the pillows. They got the colours of Skull Kid. And that grey trashcan thing could be Chibi-Robo? Ahahaha...

Smash Apprentice
One of the saddest things about Project M's development ending was that Skull Kid was one of the rumored characters, to be added after Issac and Sami. When PM died I thought the chances for Skull Kid being in Smash died too. He's a popular character but one off Zelda reps just weren't in Smash, I thought. Especially when his relevancy had passed.

One of the themes of Ultimate Sakurai seems to be emphasizing is fan service, though, as well as "heroes vs. villains" as was evident during the K. Rool reveal.

The pieces are falling into place. Odds are, he should've been deconfirmed by now. Logic should tell me that his chances are rather low, but every time I come to this thread it seems like his chances get better, not worse.

Add me to the list. I suspect we'll know the grisly details by Halloween. And if the next direct is on or near Halloween...

We might meet with a terrible fate.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
While i'm also more of a fan of the BOTW champions (specially urbosa and Mipha) skull kid is probably the only other zelda newcomer whou could at least slightly hype me (even before the deconfiramtion of midna and girahim)...

While i don't think any of the champions would be very likely mostly cause it looks like the ballot is VERY important for this game, and no chance any of teh champions managed to get the support, Skull Kid may have.

Regarding final smashes, maybe instead of the moon.... he can turn people into a deku scrub? probably would sitll be a cinematic smash mind you.. but actually sounds cool.

Obviously, he is still have little chnaces of making it, but i don't think we won't have more stages, meaning no more characters from franchises withouth a stage, which certainly destroy a good portion of it's competition. I would personally put my predictions for newnewcomers in Skull kid, Isabelle (as a non echo), Geno, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, another left field kirby rep, a gen 7 pokemon rep (the only exception to the ballot rule) Elma... and... Porky I guess? Which really is not a lot...

Still, would be cool, but im ok if he is not in... i already got my 2 biggest pipe dreams, so i'm honestly uberhappy with the game right now.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Anytime a Smash direct talks about assist trophies

RIP
-Ashley
-Shovel Night
-Krystal
-Bomberman

I kind of panicked when they showed the moon thinking it was Skull Kid, although it does take away his potential final smash, I guess they could do Majora's Wrath.
As an Isaac fan and a fan of a few other characters who have been assists, those parts are always the most nerve-wracking parts of Smash directs

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever considered Skull Kid as an echo of... Zelda? Hear me out. A nimble Zelda. Din's Fire is a fast moving shadow ball, F-Wind is a faster, shorter teleport, N-Love is some purple forcefield and down B he can summon a wood puppet but while he's charging he plays the Lost Woods music from a flute. I know his proportions are wrong though. Maybe he could echo Young Link but have Zelda's specials. I really don't see him getting in as a totally new fighter due to the tight roster but I'd be happy either way.

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
As crazy as things are getting right now, I guess I need to support some character. I've never played a Zelda game, actually, but Skull Kid seems good. I like his design. He seems like a real sinister guy, too, which I tend to like.

Consider me a supporter.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I never really considered Skull Kid as a likely option, but he's always been a character I'd love to see in Smash. It's great to see that he's actually got a decent chance this time.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't want Skull Kid's move set to be anything like Hyrule Warriors tho. Haha

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
We didn't get hit hard like the Ashley fans, but I'm still pretty nervous. If Skull Kid does make it in they must have a really good idea for his final smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Here's my question:

Skull Kid is currently MIA as far as Assist Trophies go, and yet the Moon has bizarrely shown up. That means Skull Kid is still in the clear, but if he were playable, why would the Moon not be in his moveset, likely as his Final Smash?

Do you think there's a strong alternative? A reason why they wouldn't use the Moon as an FS? Or heck, maybe they're doubling up and having the Moon be an FS as well as an Assist like that Monster Hunter dragon.

I wasn't expecting Skull Kid to be on my radar, but recent events have piqued my interest in him and I would like to hear some thoughts.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Here's my question:

Skull Kid is currently MIA as far as Assist Trophies go, and yet the Moon has bizarrely shown up. That means Skull Kid is still in the clear, but if he were playable, why would the Moon not be in his moveset, likely as his Final Smash?

Do you think there's a strong alternative? A reason why they wouldn't use the Moon as an FS? Or heck, maybe they're doubling up and having the Moon be an FS as well as an Assist like that Monster Hunter dragon.

I wasn't expecting Skull Kid to be on my radar, but recent events have piqued my interest in him and I would like to hear some thoughts.
Actually even though the Moon was my first choice; I think Majora's Wrath is actually a pretty good alternative; If not even on equal grounds, with the Moon as a Final Smash

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Another Final Smash I had considered and have mentioned before is a swarm of puppets as in Twilight Princess when Link has almost defeated him.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey

Majora's Wrath

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
With Mimikyu's disconfirmation and the hints to Skull Kid potentially being playable, I'm throwing my towel into this ring. Majora's Mask is one of, if not my favourite game of all time, and the only reason I ever didn't support Skull Kid as playable is because I never thought he was even possible. I'm still a bit iffy on his chances realistically, but now that there might actually be a chance of realising an old dream I always thought was totally impossible, I am on board!

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid is a character I never really gave much thought to since I was pretty sure it'd never happen... now I'm just not too sure. After seeing that rumor, I immediately came here to see what potential this character has. He could honestly be so cool if done right. I really wanna see an animated move-set done for him since it still is sorta hard to visualize due to his character not moving too much in Majora's Mask.

btw feel free to add me to the support list c:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I dont know if Skull Kid will be playable or not after seeing the moon what does this mean for Skull Kid.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Impa as a Sheik echo and Skull Kid as his own thing seems like exactly the route they could go after what they did with Metroid. The lack of Skull Kid showing up so far is way too suspicious since he was a mii costume and an AT. The only other thing I can see is maybe being a boss in whatever boss rush mode seems to exist.

Smash Apprentice

Majora's Wrath could be even more scary than the moon drop, but I'm sort of still disappointed that Sakurai took away transformation final smashes and just replaced them with short attack cutscenes........

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Something interesting to point out with how Sakurai talked about Chrom and Dark Samus. He said in the direct that "You may have saw this coming."

This implies to me that Sakurai is well aware about what is being speculated, what evidence is being gathered to predict newcomers based on the E3 demo's content.

This personally suggests to me that Sakurai is purposely leaving out certain content to get the hype for Smash Ultimate running for hardcore speculators. The exclusion of Skull Kid in the Moon Assist Trophy, I believe, is a major in-direct tease that Sakurai has purposely done for us to speculate on SK's inclusion. That to me is a very good sign for Skull Kid being playable in Smash. He is probably going to keep teasing the rest of the newcomers in these excluding ways as the months go by. Skull Kid is going to become a reality soon.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
We didn't get hit hard like the Ashley fans, but I'm still pretty nervous. If Skull Kid does make it in they must have a really good idea for his final smash.

Majora's Wrath could be even more scary than the moon drop, but I'm sort of still disappointed that Sakurai took away transformation final smashes and just replaced them with short attack cutscenes........
That's what makes young link's potential final smash so much lamer. I want to control fierce diety link, not see a cutscene.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Heh, seems like Skull Kid is the character everyone wanted but never really supported because we didn't think he had a shot of ever making it. Now due to loz18, it's possible.

And Zelda is loooooong overdue for a new rep in general. Helps Majora's Mask got a remake in 2014.

WampaWreckage

Smash Rookie
Hey Children of the Moon, I have a confession to make.

If guys asked me,"Hey, do you think Skull Kid has a Fairy's Lick of a chance to be in this Smash?" before the Direct today, I would've probably answered no, but this Direct made me reconsider. Honestly, it's kinda blowing my mind. This character always had an amazing design and a fantastic move-set could be worked around for him, but I wouldn't of guessed that Skull Kid finally had a chance; which is funny to think about, considering we just got a bunch of other characters that we deemed just as impossible joined the roster. I.E. Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, & RIDLEY .

TLDR: I'm fully in support for Skull Kid, and more so than ever considering his chances just sky rocketed.

P.S.
I'd also love to be in the supporter list!

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Hey Children of the Moon, I have a confession to make.

If guys asked me,"Hey, do you think Skull Kid has a Fairy's Lick of a chance to be in this Smash?" before the Direct today, I would've probably answered no, but this Direct made me reconsider. Honestly, it's kinda blowing my mind. This character always had an amazing design and a fantastic move-set could be worked around for him, but I wouldn't of guessed that Skull Kid finally had a chance; which is funny to think about, considering we just got a bunch of other characters that we deemed just as impossible joined the roster. I.E. Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, & RIDLEY .

TLDR: I'm fully in support for Skull Kid, and more so than ever considering his chances just sky rocketed.

P.S. I'd also love to be in the supporter list!
This is the game where Sakurai is making a lot of seemingly impossible dreams possible.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I don't know who this loz18 guy is but I'm getting pre-smash 4 levels of speculation excitement all over again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom