Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash!! The road to 300 supporters! Come help.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

SSGuy

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey there. I come from the Geno boards to bring up a really neat idea that can both portray both of our characters in a really awesome light. I was thinking about maybe suggesting both Skull Kid and Geno to participate in ScrewAttack's Death Battle series on Youtube together. They get millions of views and I think having them explained and shown in combat would open the eyes for a lot of fresh faces or individuals on the fence about either one.

There are a lot of similarities between both Geno and Skull Kid with their given history as a gaming character.

-Both have only played one major role in a game. (Rest are cameos or never to be heard from again)
-Both (♥♪!? and Majora) are Demi-God level beings possessing wooden vessels. One wants to save their world. The other wants to destroy theirs.
-Both are from legendary Nintendo franchises (Mario and Zelda)

I think the similarities are too good to pass up. If you guys are interested, I am looking to advertise this idea on Operation StarFall as we just also finished up a crazy letter campaign for NoA. This would be my next project to work on but I wanted to maybe collaborate and share the suggestion with you guys as well.

If you are interested, here is what I suggest filling the form out with.

FILL OUT FORM HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLOlKAHrl0y0BYppKsxS9XP5B3HREj8pqdOK73vx_ETpNVVg/viewform

Character 1: Geno (♥♪!?)
Character 1 Source: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Character 2: Skull Kid (Majora)
Character 2 Source: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
I'd love to hear your feedback on this and let me know if it is something you guys would like to help us out with! :starman:

DualGaming

Smash Cadet
Hey there. I come from the Geno boards to bring up a really neat idea that can both portray both of our characters in a really awesome light. I was thinking about maybe suggesting both Skull Kid and Geno to participate in ScrewAttack's Death Battle series on Youtube together. They get millions of views and I think having them explained and shown in combat would open the eyes for a lot of fresh faces or individuals on the fence about either one.

There are a lot of similarities between both Geno and Skull Kid with their given history as a gaming character.

-Both have only played one major role in a game. (Rest are cameos or never to be heard from again)
-Both (♥♪!? and Majora) are Demi-God level beings possessing wooden vessels. One wants to save their world. The other wants to destroy theirs.
-Both are from legendary Nintendo franchises (Mario and Zelda)

I think the similarities are too good to pass up. If you guys are interested, I am looking to advertise this idea on Operation StarFall as we just also finished up a crazy letter campaign for NoA. This would be my next project to work on but I wanted to maybe collaborate and share the suggestion with you guys as well.

If you are interested, here is what I suggest filling the form out with.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this and let me know if it is something you guys would like to help us out with! :starman:
I was going to write about it here in case you or Mr. Nintendo haven't done so already. Guess I was a little too late, huh? Oh well.

Yeah guys, so me and Mr. Nintendo both agreed that it would be beneficial to collaborate with the Geno Squad, so that's exactly what we did. We want to push these two into a Deathbattle video. This would get both SkullKid and Geno some exposure, and while it isn't Smash related, we still think it could help us out, so please fill out the form. You'll find all the info you need there.

I never agreed to it.

Honestly Death Battle is the wrong tree to be Barking up. Not to mention both characters don't really have enough source material for it. They're full power is kinda vague.

Smash Apprentice
Hey fellow Marauders!

I know a little while ago I said I was drawing up a Skull Kid moveset. Unfortunately, I got a very deep and serious cut to my writing hand while preparing food, a cut that required 5 stitches and lots of bandaging. The good news is I'm healing well and I should be totally fine, aside from a cool scar, but I just wanted to give a heads up on why it's been taking a bit. The stitches come out next Weds, so I should be good to continue by the end of next week!

Hey fellow Marauders!

I know a little while ago I said I was drawing up a Skull Kid moveset. Unfortunately, I got a very deep and serious cut to my writing hand while preparing food, a cut that required 5 stitches and lots of bandaging. The good news is I'm healing well and I should be totally fine, aside from a cool scar, but I just wanted to give a heads up on why it's been taking a bit. The stitches come out next Weds, so I should be good to continue by the end of next week!
Yikes, I hope you heal well.

SSGuy

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I never agreed to it.

Honestly Death Battle is the wrong tree to be Barking up. Not to mention both characters don't really have enough source material for it. They're full power is kinda vague.
If I had to play devil's advocate, Geno and Skull Kid have a ton in common when you just look at them as characters.

-Both are extremely super popular characters from the biggest franchises Nintendo has (Mario and Zelda)

-Both are deity level beings that possess wooden vessels to either achieve saving the world (Geno) or destroying the world (Majora)

-They both are super beloved characters within their gaming fandoms while only having one major canon appearance to their name from over 20 years ago (Mario RPG and Majora's Mask) while since then remaining unjustly out of the public eye since.

-Both have symbolic ties with celestial stuff with stars and the moon (this one is somewhat of a reach)

I think you are selling the two characters short of what the additional publicity can do. I think it would be fun to perhaps push and see. It is okay if you aren't on board. There just may be others in the community who might want be interested so I'd like to extend the offer. That is all.

DualGaming

Smash Cadet
Hey fellow Marauders!

Ouch. Don't rush it. Take as much time as you need to heal and draw the moveset. I hope you'll be able to draw soon!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
NNID
Takamaru64
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Geno vs Skull Kid is interesting.

Although Geno has less material to work with, all he has for now is just his own game.

Have there been good calcs before? I know Majora at least is Planet Level.

Lenidem

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! I was wondering. Is there a tutorial somewhere to make a Skull Kid Mii Fighter as convincing as possible? (Same question with Isaac.)

P47

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone! I was wondering. Is there a tutorial somewhere to make a Skull Kid Mii Fighter as convincing as possible? (Same question with Isaac.)
Shameless self plug for my own Isaac and Skull Kid Miis (both have their moves editable but I'll make new ones if you want their voices or Issac's face changed)

Skull Kid: 3G1DBVNL
Isaac: NWD0712D

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
I've got to admit, I never used the online service so I don't know what to do with those codes. You can download Mii fighters? :p
Yup. Go into Shared Content, Search, and then Enter ID to enter in the codes

If you don't have NSO here are the Miis I made:
  • Isaac: 1232 moveset, Type 10 High voice
  • Skull Kid: 1211 moveset (Feint Jump instead of Head On Assault also works), Type 8 High voice
Faces are attached below (feel free to make changes as you see fit)

Attachments

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Journeyman
Yup. Go into Shared Content, Search, and then Enter ID to enter in the codes

If you don't have NSO here are the Miis I made:
  • Isaac: 1232 moveset, Type 10 High voice
  • Skull Kid: 1211 moveset (Feint Jump instead of Head On Assault also works), Type 8 High voice
Faces are attached below (feel free to make changes as you see fit)
Great, I will try that! Thank you very much!

DualGaming

Smash Cadet
Sakurai's moveset quote from the Terry presentation is great news for Skull Kid because Skull Kid would have a extraordinary moveset. Let's just pray for now that some Assist Trophies will get promoted.
Yeah. Hopefully some day. If an Assist does get promoted in the future, we can push for SkullKid.

I've been gone for a while (sorry about that), but I was kind of expecting more activity here. Then again, I can't say I'm too surprised. We don't really have much to do as of now.

I guess I could pull some shameless self promotion here, for now. In the SkullKid Support Discord Server, there's currently an event called "Termina's Art Gallery".

In this event people have around 4 weeks to create a new pfp and background picture for the Night of The Moon Twitter account. Whichever picture has the most reactions, that picture will be added to the Night of The Moon account.

You can read more info in the announcement channel of the server.
https://twitter.com/NightoftheMoon1/status/1174824612284313601?s=1