• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
All in all, I consider you lucky to have seen your favorite disconfirmed so early. At least your hopes didn't get too high. Damn, even now, thinking of how Skull Kid was disconfirmed at the last minute on the website, not even on the direct, and after the Moon assist... Grr. :p
TBH, both are horrible, having your Most Wanted being deconfirmed the day the game got it's name, means that for the next 5 months, you can't even "Talk" about them in anyways without being bashed for it because "It won't happen !", it cuts the fanbase in half whenever it happens, and it's sad to see it happen the day everyone else is cheering
At the very least, when Skull Kid got deconfirmed, you had a good run with the rest of the fanbase on speculation, and you had people that understood your dissapointement, this wasn't the case when Midna got deconfirmed ...

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
TBH, both are horrible, having your Most Wanted being deconfirmed the day the game got it's name, means that for the next 5 months, you can't even "Talk" about them in anyways without being bashed for it because "It won't happen !", it cuts the fanbase in half whenever it happens, and it's sad to see it happen the day everyone else is cheering
At the very least, when Skull Kid got deconfirmed, you had a good run with the rest of the fanbase on speculation, and you had people that understood your dissapointement, this wasn't the case when Midna got deconfirmed ...
Yeah. It still hit us really hard tho. Especially revealing it on the website like that. No showcase, no mention of him, nothing... It was a really sad day for me, my cousin and all of the other supporters. I understand your side too. Being revealed like that in August can be very soul crushing.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
They def did Skull Kid dirty with that lousy website deconfirmation... Just thinking about it is sad..

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. It still hit us really hard tho. Especially revealing it on the website like that. No showcase, no mention of him, nothing... It was a really sad day for me, my cousin and all of the other supporters. I understand your side too. Being revealed like that in August can be very soul crushing.
Like I said, both are horrible, I'm not down playing what happened to you guys either, it's just... At the very least, Skull Kid got the most popular he ever was during this speculation Era, but yeah, both de confirm are pretty crushing
In Smash 4 at least, it was in the middle of the Smash directs, wasn't at the end, wasn't at the beginning, we still had a good run in the fan base at speculating (Especially with HW and the TP pack that just came out at that moment) it's just too bad it led to nothing..

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
They def did Skull Kid dirty with that lousy website deconfirmation... Just thinking about it is sad..
Yeah. Really makes you think that they don't care about SkullKid or Zelda fans, but we did get a pretty slick Mii Costume, like Mr. Nintendo said.

We did at least get a Mii Costume out of it, which is something I guess.
Yeah, but like JoyStar said (I think it was her, but it may have been someone else, correct me if I'm wrong) they already have SkullKid's model down with the Mii Costume, as the Mii size is similar to the imp and adding some black skin on your character really makes it look like SkullKid, so they could've still added him in.

Like I said, both are horrible, I'm not down playing what happened to you guys either, it's just... At the very least, Skull Kid got the most popular he ever was during this speculation Era, but yeah, both de confirm are pretty crushing
In Smash 4 at least, it was in the middle of the Smash directs, wasn't at the end, wasn't at the beginning, we still had a good run in the fan base at speculating (Especially with HW and the TP pack that just came out at that moment) it's just too bad it led to nothing..
Yeah... And because of the spike in SkullKid's popularity I want it to be back at that point. It's a hard task, but as long as we don't give up I think we'll be good to go.

It always feels like that, doesn't it? Like there are so many references, so much evidence, etc. Which lead up to nothing. It's sad, and I want change, so I can't just sit here and wait until Sakurai CONSIDERS adding Skull Kid in Smash, because I feel like if we don't do anything about it he won't get into the game. Same applies to Midna (imo)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I mean to say something positive, I think this thread is the most active it's been since launch. If you want to make a difference, I think that's a good start. An active support thread.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Yeah there really were a lot of signs that were seemingly pointing at Skull Kid even if you ignore the chair theory and that fraud loz18 loz18

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
The less said about chair theory the better. People still try and hold that over us and it was frankly embarrassing.
Yup. Makes me annoyed that people make fun of us like that, but in the moment I don't think there was a way of telling wether it's right or wrong. It had some truth behind it and could've been a "hint". Then again, they are just chairs and a couch. I knew these things were a stretch, but even then I wanted to believe he was gonna be in the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
In the moment? I disagree. It was ludicrous to begin with and it annoyed even back then that people would cite it as our main reason instead of the Moon. It was always dumb.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
In the moment? I disagree. It was ludicrous to begin with and it annoyed even back then that people would cite it as our main reason instead of the Moon. It was always dumb.
Oh. Well I thought the moon WAS the main reason and everything else was just compiled evidence? Didn't nearly everyone think that SkullKid has been replaced by the Moon? SkullKid was not shown in the Direct back then and didn't appear on the site. I'd say that was a pretty strong reason to believe he was gonna join the battle... Alongside all of this other stuff that was compiled up. (And yes, even the chair theory. A ludicrous idea, but one that COULD'VE meant something).
DkbtArlV4AAEGQP.jpg

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Giving Chair theory and credence whatsoever is what gave us a bad reputation in the first place. It was ludicrous then and it's ludicrous now. It's like Golden Sun fans thinking a picture on the website was a confirmation for very stretched reasons. That doesn't happen in smash bros speculation. EVER.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Giving Chair theory and credence whatsoever is what gave us a bad reputation in the first place. It was ludicrous then and it's ludicrous now. It's like Golden Sun fans thinking a picture on the website was a confirmation for very stretched reasons. That doesn't happen in smash bros speculation. EVER.
Dude, chill. I'm not saying it wasn't a ludicrous idea. And yeah, the Golden Sun picture was definetly a VERY LONG stretch. I'm not denying that one. I saw why they'd believe it, but I wasn't buying it yet.

Neither was I buying that SkullKid and Isaac were in the game because at the beginning of the direct it showed the moon and at the end it showed the sun.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
If you could only include one song from Majora's Mask, which would it be?
If it would come with SkullKid as a pack then I'd pick the SkullKid theme.

If it was just the song tho I'd definetly pick song of healing. I absolutely love that song.

In case you guys didn't know I was kicked out of the Assist Alliance completely. I honestly think we're better off without it now. It used to be like paradise, but now 80-90% of people are offline, at least in the discord server. It used to be a movement but is now a community of people who all think the same way. Scot has also told me that he doesn't actually care about SkullKid, Isaac or the cause.
IMG_20200205_000111.jpg

Last edited:

MajorPowers

Smash Rookie
Before going further, I'd like to post a link to the support groups official Twitter account
https://twitter.com/MaskedMarauder3?s=09

The Mischievous Imp with the Dark Mask
SKULL KID

Link to previous support topic
https://smashboards.com/threads/skull-kid-the-lost-puppet-assist-trophy-status-confirmed.325875/

Who is the Skull Kid?
Skull Kid is a character and race in the Zelda franchise. He served as the main antagonist in Majora's Mask. This Skull Kid also appeared in Ocarina of Time where link taught him Saria's Song and gave him the Skull Mask. It's also strongly believed to be the same Skull Kid in Twilight Princess, as he plays Saria's song just as the hero of time taught him and it takes place in the same timeline. In Majora's Mask, he wore the titular item and with its dark power, He almost destroyed the world.

Why Should he be in Smash
Together with the Majora's Mask, Skull Kid is one of the most iconic and popular Zelda characters out there. And the game they come from is one of the most talked about and beloved games on the internet and has a strong fan following. In recent years incredibly high quality fan projects have popped up including these two impressive albums of fan remixes and two high quality fan videos
https://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/
A tribute

A catchy song

(this one's older than I remember, but it still shows the dedication of the fans)
Actually, it does bring up something else worth mentioning. The remake. This actually put the game on Sakurais radar. (and just give Skull Kid more relevance) Sakurai chose a Majora's Mask themed photo as a contest winner on Miiverse
Spoiler
He even won a poll in 2012 with a very large number of votes. Beating the likes of Mega Man and Shulk. He had over 130.000 votes
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

So he's popular, lot of characters are popular.
What are his other Pros.
Skull Kid surprisingly has had a lot references and cameos in recent years, a year before the development of Smash Switch is believed to have begin, Majora's Mask 3D was released putting Skull Kid in the spotlight. And that spotlight continued to the next year with Hyrule Warriors Legends where Skull Kid was the only new character who wasn't from Wind Water or OC. It's easy to assume this was due to fan demand and backlash from his absence from this point.

He also has many smaller things, especially his mask. The Majora's Mask appears as head gear in both Smash Wii U and Zelda Breath of the Wild, in both cases the Mask was among the first piece of dlc gear added (first decided on in Botw). It also shows up A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing and even Monster Hunter Stories (which also features the Skull Kid hat)

Also yes, a reference to the mask is a reference to Skull Kid, as seen at these two sources
https://www.smashbros.com/wiiu-3ds/sp/us/dlc/index.html
"Headgear for all Mii Fighter types. Bring the Skull Kid look into Smash!
...Falling moon not available."
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/06/29/aonuma-discusses-majoras-mask-dlc-breath-wild/
"as if he’s Skull Kid wearing Majora’s Mask."

That article brings up another important point. Majora's Mask was Aonuma's first Zelda game, the guy currently in charge of the franchise, And Skull Kid is clearly a favourite of his. So if Sakurai went to him to ask what Zelda character, or character in general he'd like to see. Good chances are he'd say Skull Kid.

Movesets

Koopaul said:
View attachment 195146
Neutral Special: Dart
Skull Kid blows a dart at your foe. You can shoot three at a rapid rate by pressing the button fast. If you wait a long enough time before shooting again, the dart will have a sleep effect. Skull Kid's eyes will flash when it's ready.

Side Special: Puppet
Skull Kid calls forth a puppet that drops from above. If the puppet lands on someone it will do damage but it also attacks on it's own. The puppet will stay on the field and chase foes for a few seconds. However, the puppet is fairly weak and will break easily.

Up Special: Fairy Flight
Launch into the air with Tatl and Tael swirling around you. The fairies has a slight windbox and will push opponents away, they also absorb energy based projectile. This is an effective recovery against edgeguarding.

Down Special: Curse
A unique counter attack. Skull Kid thrusts his face forward. If the mask is hit he'll inflict a status condition on who hit him. Depending on how much damage the attack did will determine the curse. Weak attacks will get a Flower on their head. Stronger attacks will Stun them. And the strongest attacks will actually Shrink your opponent for a short time!
The original (Mrggle? )
Spoiler

Mr. Nintendo's outdated moveset
Spoiler

The Masked Marauders

Skull kid Supporters
1. @MrNintendo (yours truly)
2. Mrrgle (original owner)
3. Yomi's Biggest Fan
4. nirvanafan
5. ryuu seika
6. Kirbeh
7. AwesomeAussie27
8. FunAtParties
9. Al-kīmiyā'
10. A Astraltar
11. slambros
12. TheSqushiestManatee
13. MrRoidley
14. Z ZealousGamer Z ZealousGamer
15. Dalek_Kolt
16. GoodGrief741
17. Pizza Robo
18. PushDustIn
19. Sheng Long
20. SethTheMage
21. smashkirby
22. verysleepywolf
23. S SEGAGameBoy
24. DBPirate
25. lltacx
26. Questionmark222
27. Mega Bidoof
28. A AquaSol
29. BluePikmin11
30. Eagle
31. SpiralGalaxies
32. Demonfunds
33. Crap-Zapper
34. TheDarkMetaKnight
35. Xevious 1
36. Lisbon Mapping
37. SkullKidKing
38. Z ZealousGamer Z ZealousGamer
39. Isaac: Venus Adept
40. UserKev
41. Marvel-Otaku-Man
42. slambros
43. PrinceGal3n
44. Dixie Kong
45. Termina
46. GalacticPetey
47. OptimisticStrifer
48. Poopyhead
49. 0007
50. Smashoperatingbuddy123
51. Gazorpazorpfield
52. dimensionsword64
53. WertQuadNine
54. WampaWreckage
55. Jetsurge
56. Apollo500
57. RayaGRH
58. chronomantic
59. Mysteltainn
60. Louisacommie
61. -crump-
62. Erotic&Heretic
63. Kirbunny431
64. GoodShepperd
65. LoZ00
66. Geoffrey Druyts
67. ActualGarbage
68. DooplissWizard
69. Dr.Turtle
70. PhantomShab PhantomShab
71. Sysmek
72. Roy_Boy Color
73. The Legendary Beast
74. ThoughtfulWanderer
75. Muirkat
76. Reila
77. Strider_Bond00J
78. TreeBranch
79. NintenZ
80. CaptainAmerica
81. Blue7113
82. AnOkayDM
83. UnknownM
84. Gooper Blooper
85. Sølid
86. xpnc
87. Draugen
88. rcp24
TheKingOfEvil2014
89. -Coco-
90. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
91. Shadownade
92. Kirbyfan391
93. praline
94. CardStealer1
95. C Crusty
96. BlazGreen
97. Spatman
98. Juliusaurus
99. fogbadge
100. H Hero044
101. TBone06
102. SkulltulaKid
103. GoodShepperd
104. TheFVguy
105. TiaSilvia
106. AwesomeCauliflower68
107. Onyx Oblivian
108. TriMaxTime
109. praline
110. letsgetsmashing
111. Giga Kaiju
112. Waluigi is not getting in
113. Llort A. Ton
114. Fastblade5035
115. PhilosophicAnimal
116. Zinith
117. kiteinthesky
118. Sabrewulf238
119. Akg0001
120. Sheng Long
121. Saer2k
122. Hydra of Chaos
123. Soulsaint
124. Bootortle
125. Shaboba
126. dezeray112
127. tyrus+
128. Blue7113
129. F Farbietfromme
130. JMac52
131. Nazyrus Nazyrus
132. mynameisBlade mynameisBlade
133. Sari
134. MattX20
135. B BelgianSmasher
136. Screwigi
137. PsychoIncarnate
138. Banjodorf
139. spoilerowl
140. portalmasterJ11
141. AlbsGames
142. OneLinkMissing
143. Chrono.
144. KingofPhantoms
145. Paint_B
146. Majora's Visage
147. MasterOfKnees
148. Jazzy Jinx
149. DMTN
150. smashingDoug
151. Brother AJ
152. OreoSmasher777
153. AngrySun88
154. foolssigma
155. ShroomEL
156. ChaosSharpedo
157. Ultinarok
158. FinalStarmen
159. EarlTamm
160. Blade of Evil's Bane
161. Carticas
162. Cap’nKazam
163. Nauzgo
164. MarioXMan
165. NonSpecificGuy
166. blueneuronDOTnet
167. Zathura
168. Fane
169. @ShinyLegendary
170. Cabbagehead
171. Drakonix
172. Anop
173. mikey661
174. GigaRidley
175. T Toucan_Man
176. Dr Bones
177. mediyogurt
178. lizard1929
179. Potato_
180. Geassguy
181. AugustusB
182. Isaac for Smash Pls
183. Duck$mash
184. @Groomer
185. loz18 loz18
186. M00NFIRE94
187. Tiymako
188. Whit
189. EricTheGamerman
190. John Dylan Smith
191. Mr. Trumo
192. Cool Guy 36
193. Banette
194. thirsty-pocket
195. DerpingPikachu
196. Kensho
197. StoneMask
198. PlasmaSnow12
199. Astroworld
200. TCT~Phantom
201. Yusa
202. Sleeps with Butterflies
203. LetterO
204. Tiymako
205. The Event Mask
206. bnderstandable
207. Klimax
208. Mike Cometa
209. Mogisthelioma
210. gebi
211. All Hail Me
212. Dyllybirdy
213. scoobymcsnack
214. FalconFire93
215. NineS
216. S Somormujo
217. Johnknight1
218. Gyrom8
219. M Multi-bottle Thief
220. Pillsbury_******
221. FooltheFlames
222. PAVERlCK
223. hustler713
224. JoyStar
225. _sneaK
226. TheCJBrine
227. R RetrogamerMax
228. Lenidem Lenidem
229. D-Man9293
230. Nintendo64isking
231. Alias1431
232. DarkAuraful
233. icoNick
234. T ThomasMagmar
235. WorDtheOnE
236. Tetrin
237. Ultomato
238. smash puffle
239. P47 P47
240. Calamitas
241. Zero Suit Violet Zero Suit Violet
242. ze9
243. QQS
244. The Hard Long True PINGAS
245. 3DSNinja 3DSNinja
246. Freduardo
247. D Dustycadet158
248. SAMation
Skull Kid seems pretty cool, I'd love to play as him. I definitely voted for him in the sourcegaming mega poll

Last edited by a moderator:

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
(quote) Before going further, I'd like to post a link to the support groups official Twitter account
https://twitter.com/MaskedMarauder3?s=09

The Mischievous Imp with the Dark Mask
SKULL KID

Link to previous support topic
https://smashboards.com/threads/skull-kid-the-lost-puppet-assist-trophy-status-confirmed.325875/

Who is the Skull Kid?
Skull Kid is a character and race in the Zelda franchise. He served as the main antagonist in Majora's Mask. This Skull Kid also appeared in Ocarina of Time where link taught him Saria's Song and gave him the Skull Mask. It's also strongly believed to be the same Skull Kid in Twilight Princess, as he plays Saria's song just as the hero of time taught him and it takes place in the same timeline. In Majora's Mask, he wore the titular item and with its dark power, He almost destroyed the world.

Why Should he be in Smash
Together with the Majora's Mask, Skull Kid is one of the most iconic and popular Zelda characters out there. And the game they come from is one of the most talked about and beloved games on the internet and has a strong fan following. In recent years incredibly high quality fan projects have popped up including these two impressive albums of fan remixes and two high quality fan videos
https://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/
A tribute

A catchy song

(this one's older than I remember, but it still shows the dedication of the fans)
Actually, it does bring up something else worth mentioning. The remake. This actually put the game on Sakurais radar. (and just give Skull Kid more relevance) Sakurai chose a Majora's Mask themed photo as a contest winner on Miiverse
Spoiler
He even won a poll in 2012 with a very large number of votes. Beating the likes of Mega Man and Shulk. He had over 130.000 votes
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

So he's popular, lot of characters are popular.
What are his other Pros.
Skull Kid surprisingly has had a lot references and cameos in recent years, a year before the development of Smash Switch is believed to have begin, Majora's Mask 3D was released putting Skull Kid in the spotlight. And that spotlight continued to the next year with Hyrule Warriors Legends where Skull Kid was the only new character who wasn't from Wind Water or OC. It's easy to assume this was due to fan demand and backlash from his absence from this point.

He also has many smaller things, especially his mask. The Majora's Mask appears as head gear in both Smash Wii U and Zelda Breath of the Wild, in both cases the Mask was among the first piece of dlc gear added (first decided on in Botw). It also shows up A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing and even Monster Hunter Stories (which also features the Skull Kid hat)

Also yes, a reference to the mask is a reference to Skull Kid, as seen at these two sources
https://www.smashbros.com/wiiu-3ds/sp/us/dlc/index.html
"Headgear for all Mii Fighter types. Bring the Skull Kid look into Smash!
...Falling moon not available."
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2017/06/29/aonuma-discusses-majoras-mask-dlc-breath-wild/
"as if he’s Skull Kid wearing Majora’s Mask."

That article brings up another important point. Majora's Mask was Aonuma's first Zelda game, the guy currently in charge of the franchise, And Skull Kid is clearly a favourite of his. So if Sakurai went to him to ask what Zelda character, or character in general he'd like to see. Good chances are he'd say Skull Kid.

Movesets

Koopaul said:
View attachment 195146
Neutral Special: Dart
Skull Kid blows a dart at your foe. You can shoot three at a rapid rate by pressing the button fast. If you wait a long enough time before shooting again, the dart will have a sleep effect. Skull Kid's eyes will flash when it's ready.

Side Special: Puppet
Skull Kid calls forth a puppet that drops from above. If the puppet lands on someone it will do damage but it also attacks on it's own. The puppet will stay on the field and chase foes for a few seconds. However, the puppet is fairly weak and will break easily.

Up Special: Fairy Flight
Launch into the air with Tatl and Tael swirling around you. The fairies has a slight windbox and will push opponents away, they also absorb energy based projectile. This is an effective recovery against edgeguarding.

Down Special: Curse
A unique counter attack. Skull Kid thrusts his face forward. If the mask is hit he'll inflict a status condition on who hit him. Depending on how much damage the attack did will determine the curse. Weak attacks will get a Flower on their head. Stronger attacks will Stun them. And the strongest attacks will actually Shrink your opponent for a short time!
The original (Mrggle? )
Spoiler

Mr. Nintendo's outdated moveset
Spoiler

The Masked Marauders

Skull kid Supporters
1. @MrNintendo (yours truly)
2. Mrrgle (original owner)
3. Yomi's Biggest Fan
4. nirvanafan
5. ryuu seika
6. Kirbeh
7. AwesomeAussie27
8. FunAtParties
9. Al-kīmiyā'
10. A Astraltar
11. slambros
12. TheSqushiestManatee
13. MrRoidley
14. Z ZealousGamer Z ZealousGamer
15. Dalek_Kolt
16. GoodGrief741
17. Pizza Robo
18. PushDustIn
19. Sheng Long
20. SethTheMage
21. smashkirby
22. verysleepywolf
23. S SEGAGameBoy
24. DBPirate
25. lltacx
26. Questionmark222
27. Mega Bidoof
28. A AquaSol
29. BluePikmin11
30. Eagle
31. SpiralGalaxies
32. Demonfunds
33. Crap-Zapper
34. TheDarkMetaKnight
35. Xevious 1
36. Lisbon Mapping
37. SkullKidKing
38. Z ZealousGamer Z ZealousGamer
39. Isaac: Venus Adept
40. UserKev
41. Marvel-Otaku-Man
42. slambros
43. PrinceGal3n
44. Dixie Kong
45. Termina
46. GalacticPetey
47. OptimisticStrifer
48. Poopyhead
49. 0007
50. Smashoperatingbuddy123
51. Gazorpazorpfield
52. dimensionsword64
53. WertQuadNine
54. WampaWreckage
55. Jetsurge
56. Apollo500
57. RayaGRH
58. chronomantic
59. Mysteltainn
60. Louisacommie
61. -crump-
62. Erotic&Heretic
63. Kirbunny431
64. GoodShepperd
65. LoZ00
66. Geoffrey Druyts
67. ActualGarbage
68. DooplissWizard
69. Dr.Turtle
70. PhantomShab PhantomShab
71. Sysmek
72. Roy_Boy Color
73. The Legendary Beast
74. ThoughtfulWanderer
75. Muirkat
76. Reila
77. Strider_Bond00J
78. TreeBranch
79. NintenZ
80. CaptainAmerica
81. Blue7113
82. AnOkayDM
83. UnknownM
84. Gooper Blooper
85. Sølid
86. xpnc
87. Draugen
88. rcp24
TheKingOfEvil2014
89. -Coco-
90. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
91. Shadownade
92. Kirbyfan391
93. praline
94. CardStealer1
95. C Crusty
96. BlazGreen
97. Spatman
98. Juliusaurus
99. fogbadge
100. H Hero044
101. TBone06
102. SkulltulaKid
103. GoodShepperd
104. TheFVguy
105. TiaSilvia
106. AwesomeCauliflower68
107. Onyx Oblivian
108. TriMaxTime
109. praline
110. letsgetsmashing
111. Giga Kaiju
112. Waluigi is not getting in
113. Llort A. Ton
114. Fastblade5035
115. PhilosophicAnimal
116. Zinith
117. kiteinthesky
118. Sabrewulf238
119. Akg0001
120. Sheng Long
121. Saer2k
122. Hydra of Chaos
123. Soulsaint
124. Bootortle
125. Shaboba
126. dezeray112
127. tyrus+
128. Blue7113
129. F Farbietfromme
130. JMac52
131. Nazyrus Nazyrus
132. mynameisBlade mynameisBlade
133. Sari
134. MattX20
135. B BelgianSmasher
136. Screwigi
137. PsychoIncarnate
138. Banjodorf
139. spoilerowl
140. portalmasterJ11
141. AlbsGames
142. OneLinkMissing
143. Chrono.
144. KingofPhantoms
145. Paint_B
146. Majora's Visage
147. MasterOfKnees
148. Jazzy Jinx
149. DMTN
150. smashingDoug
151. Brother AJ
152. OreoSmasher777
153. AngrySun88
154. foolssigma
155. ShroomEL
156. ChaosSharpedo
157. Ultinarok
158. FinalStarmen
159. EarlTamm
160. Blade of Evil's Bane
161. Carticas
162. Cap’nKazam
163. Nauzgo
164. MarioXMan
165. NonSpecificGuy
166. blueneuronDOTnet
167. Zathura
168. Fane
169. @ShinyLegendary
170. Cabbagehead
171. Drakonix
172. Anop
173. mikey661
174. GigaRidley
175. T Toucan_Man
176. Dr Bones
177. mediyogurt
178. lizard1929
179. Potato_
180. Geassguy
181. AugustusB
182. Isaac for Smash Pls
183. Duck$mash
184. @Groomer
185. loz18 loz18
186. M00NFIRE94
187. Tiymako
188. Whit
189. EricTheGamerman
190. John Dylan Smith
191. Mr. Trumo
192. Cool Guy 36
193. Banette
194. thirsty-pocket
195. DerpingPikachu
196. Kensho
197. StoneMask
198. PlasmaSnow12
199. Astroworld
200. TCT~Phantom
201. Yusa
202. Sleeps with Butterflies
203. LetterO
204. Tiymako
205. The Event Mask
206. bnderstandable
207. Klimax
208. Mike Cometa
209. Mogisthelioma
210. gebi
211. All Hail Me
212. Dyllybirdy
213. scoobymcsnack
214. FalconFire93
215. NineS
216. S Somormujo
217. Johnknight1
218. Gyrom8
219. M Multi-bottle Thief
220. Pillsbury_******
221. FooltheFlames
222. PAVERlCK
223. hustler713
224. JoyStar
225. _sneaK
226. TheCJBrine
227. R RetrogamerMax
228. Lenidem Lenidem
229. D-Man9293
230. Nintendo64isking
231. Alias1431
232. DarkAuraful
233. icoNick
234. T ThomasMagmar
235. WorDtheOnE
236. Tetrin
237. Ultomato
238. smash puffle
239. P47 P47
240. Calamitas
241. Zero Suit Violet Zero Suit Violet
242. ze9
243. QQS
244. The Hard Long True PINGAS
245. 3DSNinja 3DSNinja
246. Freduardo
247. D Dustycadet158
248. SAMation
(quote)

Skull Kid seems pretty cool, I'd love to play as him. I definitely voted for him in the sourcegaming mega poll
Why did you quote the entire first page except me on the list of supporters?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why did you quote the entire first page except me on the list of supporters?
They're a new user, and they aren't sure about how the forum works?

M MajorPowers if you want to quote something, hit Reply. Alternatively, use square brackets [like this] instead of rounded brackets, and put a / before quote (like /quote) if you want to end the quote that you're making. I changed the post so that it's quoting the post properly; look at that by hitting Edit for an example.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I know this may be upsetting, but this gives us a goal to work towards. Since Sakurai is open to having another Smash game, so we could spend the years pushing for SkullKid to be the next Ridley, K Rool, Banjo or even Geno (due to his high demand) until Smash 6 comes around.

I get that Smash 6 would be worse and would have to cut a lot of things and Ultimate is called Ultimate for a reason, but I'd say Smash 6 could still do well, especially if Geno, SkullKid, Isaac and other fan requested characters were added in. https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...make-people-happy-unsure-about-series-future/

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
I know Source Gaming's poll is close now. But we should push for Skull Kid in any poll as much as possible though to show Nintendo our roar, our passion, our want for Skull Kid. It's what Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie fans did and it's what we should do too.
You see, I agree, but that's definitely not the ONLY thing we should do, just as it wasn't the only thing they did for Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool.

This is why I believe we should have another go at pushing for SkullKid on GameFAQs in around 4 weeks for either Saturday or Sunday (Or both if we need to). This will give us enough time to prepare and we'll have more people pushing for him than last time, as we were pushing on Reddit and GameFAQs.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This next reveal will be pivotal to the future of Smash speculation. These next few months will be intense. The assist debate has reached its breaking point, the spirit debate is on life support. Something big is coming.

If it's someone like Max Brass or Helix, the Spirits probably do deconfirm.

If it's someone like Min Min or Ribbon Girl. Then All spirits are back on the table, but we'll probably get a comment from Sakurai saying how Spring Man is an assist trophy so they couldn't choose him. And assists will truly be dead.

If it is Spring Man though. You better believe the excitement will rise again.

SKULL KID BRINGS A NEW DAY

ISAAC SHAKE THINGS UP

WALUIGI TIME TO SHINE

BANDANA DEE GETS IN BECAUSE ITS UNREALISTIC TO EXPECT EVERY CHARACTER TO BE AN UPGRADED ASSIST AND THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYABLE AGES AGO.

DIXIE KONG TOO

ALSO REX AND PYRA BUT THATS TOO MANY.

But seriously keep expectations in check, there's only six characters. And we do already have a Majora's Mask stage (and technically songs but I don't like to count those)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This next reveal will be pivotal to the future of Smash speculation. These next few months will be intense. The assist debate has reached its breaking point, the spirit debate is on life support. Something big is coming.

If it's someone like Max Brass or Helix, the Spirits probably do deconfirm.

If it's someone like Min Min or Ribbon Girl. Then All spirits are back on the table, but we'll probably get a comment from Sakurai saying how Spring Man is an assist trophy so they couldn't choose him. And assists will truly be dead.

If it is Spring Man though. You better believe the excitement will rise again.

SKULL KID BRINGS A NEW DAY

ISAAC SHAKE THINGS UP

WALUIGI TIME TO SHINE

BANDANA DEE GETS IN BECAUSE ITS UNREALISTIC TO EXPECT EVERY CHARACTER TO BE AN UPGRADED ASSIST AND THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYABLE AGES AGO.

DIXIE KONG TOO

ALSO REX AND PYRA BUT THATS TOO MANY.

But seriously keep expectations in check, there's only six characters. And we do already have a Majora's Mask stage (and technically songs but I don't like to count those)
I can't believe we just started the pass and we already can count on franchises already repped in ultimate getting a second chance for fan demand characters… Gotta love it when fan rules keep getting broken, they will never learn! lol
Crossing fingers for the Sun and the Moon once again! if you know who i mean ;)
<–

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Remember to not get your hopes up. Even if assist trophies finally get their long overdue upgrade, Skull Kid will likely not be one of them. He's a Zelda character, which is a huge mark against his chances.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Sadly true.
Honestly the only AT i feel will get upgraded besides Springman is Isaac.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's very hard to tell what this means for the rest of the pass and Skull Kid, even if it is Spring Man. We already have a Majora's Mask stage and even song technically. But Spring Man like Skull Kid has the triple whammy Assist, Mii Costume and Spirit.

Skull Kid is still the most likely Zelda newcomer imo. How much that means? I have no idea

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Skull Kid might not have as a good of chance as Waluigi or Isaac getting promoted, but he still has a better chance than most other Assist Trophies though. Remember, don't give up until it's over.

Last edited:

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I think Skull Kid has less of a chance to get in now when the fighter pass' release date has been extended. This means that Botw 2 might get released before the fighter pass is finished so it's more likely that they would advertise that.

Although I don't think there will be any Zelda characters at all in the second fighter pass. That Mii costume was probably an attempt to make up for it. Why add a new Botw costume now when the game is already a few years old? Although this could also mean that they feel bad for not having more Zelda representation and might take this into consideration in later installments.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I did a little write up, Assist Alliance asked me to and I was happy to help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7qzGFTcc3-t_OBmIuv1w1Oa4k8MfJ3m/view?usp=drivesdk
I agree with most of what you say. Just think we should avoid saying stuff like "this game is the best Zelda ever". It doesn't make much sense: how do compare the first Legend of Zelda and Breath of the Wild, for exemple? Too much time has passed, the consoles have become incredibly more powerful, the culture and the society have changed. I agree Majora's Mask is one of the greatest, but I think gamers who believe it too already want Skull Kid or at least don't need to be explained who Skull Kid is, so they are not the target audience of your writing anyway.

The only objective truth is that Twilight Princess sucks.

Top Bottom