• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'm going to be honest; I'd rather have Darunia or Ruto than one of the Champions.

However, Skull Kid, Midna, and Impa are my most wanted.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Is there no Skull Kid moveset concept sketches? I think their long overdo as I can't seem to run into any. Also, how would you guess Skull Kid's weight class? I see Skull Kid in the same weight class as Ness or Mewtwo.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
There's a new Zelda game and this place is still barren?

I feel like its the perfect time to bring this thread back, at least temporarily. I see a lot of people comparing this new game to Majora's Mask due to the darker tone and reusing the engine. Apparently it's meant to be the darkest game yet. Which is quite the statement when you have Majora's mask.

Also apparently some rumours are going around Waluigi is the final DLC character for the pass, which is good news for us if there's a second season pass.

UserKev

Smash Champion
There's a new Zelda game and this place is still barren?

I feel like its the perfect time to bring this thread back, at least temporarily. I see a lot of people comparing this new game to Majora's Mask due to the darker tone and reusing the engine. Apparently it's meant to be the darkest game yet. Which is quite the statement when you have Majora's mask.

Also apparently some rumours are going around Waluigi is the final DLC character for the pass, which is good news for us if there's a second season pass.
Bruh, I been really waiting for someone to post a new response since I was the last poster. See my above Edited post. If Waluigi happens, its an extreme door opener. It'd probably go like: Isaac, Waluigi and Skull Kid.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I guess people were just reeling from Banjo and Kazooie. Most of my Smashboards time recently has been soaking in hype they left. An absolute incredible announcement.

But on the topic of the new Zelda, with it seemingly taking some cues from Majora's Mask. It would be nice to see Skull Kid again, even if he role is small like in Twilight Princess.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I guess people were just reeling from Banjo and Kazooie. Most of my Smashboards time recently has been soaking in hype they left. An absolute incredible announcement.

But on the topic of the new Zelda, with it seemingly taking some cues from Majora's Mask. It would be nice to see Skull Kid again, even if he role is small like in Twilight Princess.
That'd actually be amazing. It'd definitely pick up some hype again. I need Skull Kid's classic design tho.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That'd actually be amazing. It'd definitely pick up some hype again. I need Skull Kid's classic design tho.
I'd actually be really curious how Skull Kid would look in BOTW. The species design is something I think BOTW really nailed, especially compared to Twilight Princess. Something I didn't think was possible is that many of them actually surpassed Oot and WW as my favourite design.

Bokoblin
Zora
Gerudo
Rito

All of them I prefer Botw design

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, I prefer Twilight Princess designs of the Zoras over the ones in Breath of the Wild. Some of the Zoras are just too big.

However, I do really like Sidon. He is awesome.

As for Skull Kid? I don't know how they could improve on his original awesome design. It's just too good.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'd actually be really curious how Skull Kid would look in BOTW. The species design is something I think BOTW really nailed, especially compared to Twilight Princess. Something I didn't think was possible is that many of them actually surpassed Oot and WW as my favourite design.

Bokoblin
Zora
Gerudo
Rito

All of them I prefer Botw design
I'm curious, to. At least it'd give Skull Kid more exposure. Hopefully Skull Kid yet to be confirmed for BOTW isn't Nintendo neglecting the character.
Honestly, I prefer Twilight Princess designs of the Zoras over the ones in Breath of the Wild. Some of the Zoras are just too big.

As for Skull Kid? I don't know how they could improve on his original awesome design. It's just too good.
Skull Kid's original design is really magical and captures that mythical aesthetic. I'm confident BOTW can nail it as long as the design holds that familiarity, it needs to be similar. Twilight Princess Skull Kid, why is this a thing.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Clothing will probably stay the same, but the face I'm curious about. Skull Kids face hasn't received much over the years, I don't think we've ever seen him actually change his face at all. I think he always has the same expression.

I wonder if he'd keep the beak. And how he's eyes would emote.

I really hope he's back

UserKev

Smash Champion
Clothing will probably stay the same, but the face I'm curious about. Skull Kids face hasn't received much over the years, I don't think we've ever seen him actually change his face at all. I think he always has the same expression.

I wonder if he'd keep the beak. And how he's eyes would emote.

I really hope he's back
The beak needs to be kept since it makes the character more magical. Skull Kid would look weird without it.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by here after some time to mention that (besides Smash announcements and Direct things since I am sure everyone knows about it at this point that there's no point. We know, it was a cool direct with lots of cool things shown and Hero and Banjo look amazing) I am glad to see that the Zelda franchise is going to tackle a more dark tone and perhaps creepy elements can be a part of the game as much as MM was.

Hopefully we see a MAJORA or Termina reference somewhere~

:bowser:.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd actually be very surprised if we DON'T get some kind of reference. I mean every new Zelda game has had something.

BOTW - Majoras Mask and Fierce Deity
TH - Fierce Deity
ALBW - Majora's Mask and town full of Mask wearing creeps.

Also wanted to share this

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So Aonuma says this new sequel game will be darker than MM… damn I can't wait how can that even be pulled off lol

UserKev

Smash Champion
Skull Kid will be the next Ridley. Skull Kid has a unique priority and is noticeably s** on due to it.

DualGaming

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid will be the next Ridley. Skull Kid has a unique priority and is noticeably s** on due to it.
I'm not that optimistic about it, but if it does happen he will be s*** on. However, if and when Skull Kid will make it in I assure you we will be laughing at those people who got triggered by him and want to mock him. Well... That is, if people get mad. If they are just disappointed because it's not the character they wanted then I probably shouldn't explain why we shouldn't laugh at that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm not that optimistic about it, but if it does happen he will be s*** on. However, if and when Skull Kid will make it in I assure you we will be laughing at those people who got triggered by him and want to mock him. Well... That is, if people get mad. If they are just disappointed because it's not the character they wanted then I probably shouldn't explain why we shouldn't laugh at that.
Skull Kid is already **** on for the whole chair debacle. And you know, the infamous one off Zelda thing.

Also if you're looking for someone for image stuff, I suggest asking Nazyrus Nazyrus

UserKev

Smash Champion
I find it ironic how Skull Kid is dismissed as a bandwagon character while Isaac gets all the passes. :laugh:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I did a thing in Mario Maker

It's a pretty faithful recreation of WoodFall temple from MM

934-TQ1-S2G

All Hail Me

Sarge
Just want to add my 2 cents that as cool as goron link was, fierce deity is obviously the best transformation

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So Aonuma says this new sequel game will be darker than MM… damn I can't wait how can that even be pulled off lol
Maybe Skull Kid will return as well.
I think a huge problem with the Botw was the lack of unique enemies and bosses. I kind of want to see a Boss rush trail thing in the game where we can battle past zelda bosses. This can be used to unlock some new power or upgrade something. could be similar to Skyward Sword with how you get the Hylian Shield.
Basically I want to see Majora reappear as a boss and a Past Boss Memory trial is the only way that could happen. Some bosses I'd like to see reappear and make a first 3D appearance:
  1. Majoras Mask
  2. Vaati
  3. Onyx
  4. Veran
  5. Demise
Some temple bosses could appear as well like Gohma, King Dodongo, Twinrova and Dark Link

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just want to add my 2 cents that as cool as goron link was, fierce deity is obviously the best transformation
I left it off of the poll for that reason. I figured that, if I had it on there, most people would just pick Fierce Deity without a second thought.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
As awesome as it is, Fierce Deity is incredibly limited in use. So I'd still probably put Goron Link above it.

But I love all 4

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The Breath of the Wild Zoras look ugly too me. They look like sharks in BOTW whether than beautiful fish humanoids like in OOT, MM, and TP. That old design is iconic and should have been left untouched.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
The Breath of the Wild Zoras look ugly too me. They look like sharks in BOTW whether than beautiful fish humanoids like in OOT, MM, and TP. That old design is iconic and should have been left untouched.
I agree that those versions of Zoras are better looking. The Zoras in BotW have too long of bodies and too short of limbs. Not to mention some of them like Sidon and his father are HUGE.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I agree that those versions of Zoras are better looking. The Zoras in BotW have too long of bodies and too short of limbs. Not to mention some of them like Sidon and his father are HUGE.
Zora's have *mweep* always had *mweep* varying designs *mweep* of shape and *mweep* size

MWEEP

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
For ****s and giggles, I changed the title of the thread.

Don't worry Skull Kid, I haven't forgotten you.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Any chance we see anything Zelda related in the Direct (maybe a reminder about Link's Awakening or another BotW2 trailer)?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Any chance we see anything Zelda related in the Direct (maybe a reminder about Link's Awakening or another BotW2 trailer)?
Probably a reminder about LA. we might see something on Botw2 depending how far they are in development. Otherwise maybe a port of WWHD or TPHD

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Imagine if we got the 64 games as well. Ports of the 3DS versions (preferably with tweeks to Majora's Mask to switch between 64 and 3DS style)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd love some ports.

I played the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess not long ago and I'd love to get the HD version on my Switch. Would be great to play Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time in HD, too.

Top Bottom