• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday NintenRob NintenRob !

As for the footage... Hearing Skull Kid laugh and seeing Young Link on the map kind of made me sad, I won't lie. Young Link however is looking to be one of the best incarnations of Smash Link to date so far, so that's interesting. ZeRo and many other notable Smashers see him as a real threat due to his almost nonexistent lag amongst other things.

Now if only he had a Mirror Shield and serrated Kokiri Sword as an alt... Maybe at least some of the wound could heal a bit quicker, but alas; he appears to be based pretty firmly on pre-MM events aside from using a bow with fire arrows.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I notice that Tingle is not assist trophy maybe he might be one the DLC fighters beside any Zelda Newcomer will do. Zelda is one Nintendo biggest franchise that dont have newcomer sense brawl how ridiculous.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I notice that Tingle is not assist trophy maybe he might be one the DLC fighters beside any Zelda Newcomer will do. Zelda is one Nintendo biggest franchise that dont have newcomer sense brawl how ridiculous.
He probably got cut because he’s a stage hazard.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I thought it was a bit reduntant to have 3 links, but Young Link looks a lot more interesting now seeing him in action. Only complaint is that I wish he used FDM as his FS.

Maybe they will make Fierce Diety Link a stand alone character, then we will have 4 Links, with 2 being the exact same Link

Last edited:

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
I'm just speculating here, but all these rules we've come up with have usually been broken by Nintendo. Who's to say they won't promote an assist trophy in this game?

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
I thought it was a bit reduntant to have 3 links, but Young Link looks a lot more interesting now seeing him in action. Only complaint is that I wish he used FDM as his FS.

Maybe they will make Fierce Diety Link a stand alone character, then we will have 4 Links, with 2 being the exact same Link
Fierce deity is an alt costume for link.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Fierce deity is an alt costume for link.
"Fierce Deity"

I'm a bit annoyed about how that one turned out...
In Sm4sh, he had a grey one.

...not what we'd expected, but now...

...green? And now it's even missing the breastplate?

Yes, in game, since the lighting was weird in the boss rooms, it looked greenish

But it's supposed to be white. And of course, HW showed everyone up

...THAT's what I wanted from an FD costume. Not "Lol we made his hair white and put marks on his face!"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm just speculating here, but all these rules we've come up with have usually been broken by Nintendo. Who's to say they won't promote an assist trophy in this game?
Chrom is a Echo Fighter and he's still in Robin's Final Smash. So I think Sakurai and the team left Chrom in there on purpose to give us a nod to say ''Yes, it's very possible for us to promote an Assist Trophy in the same game through DLC.'' Chrom should have been removed from Robin's Final Smash, but the fact he isn't is a very good sign for characters that are Assist Trophies to still make it in the roster.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Promoting Skull Kid might be more possible than say Issac, simply because this game was based off of Smash for WiiU, so porting the SK assist was probably easy, and removing it wouldn't be all that bad or not as time wasting as removing Issac after you went through the trouble of making him, and Skull Kid isn't the most complicated of assists, so if they were to promote a assist perhaps he has better chance?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Promoting Skull Kid might be more possible than say Issac, simply because this game was based off of Smash for WiiU, so porting the SK assist was probably easy, and removing it wouldn't be all that bad or not as time wasting as removing Issac after you went through the trouble of making him, and Skull Kid isn't the most complicated of assists, so if they were to promote a assist perhaps he has better chance?
After seeing Chrom in Robins Final Smash, I don't think they'd even have to remove the assist trophy

Let him be both

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
You know what, yeah **** it, let him be both.
You know, if he does end up becoming playable DLC and also keeps his Assist Trophy presence, then I wouldn't be surprised if at one point or another, someone would upload a video of them and their friends, some playing as Skull Kid, some being a Mii Fighter wearing the Skull Kid outfit, and a Skull Kid Assist Trophy messing with everyone. Skull Kid chaos everywhere!

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I do love that comic. I can definitely imagine Skull Kid turning an adult into a kid just so he'd play with him.

I wish I could play with Skull Kid, I wish I could play AS Skull Kid. At least I have Hyrule Warriors.

I fear our only hope now lies with season 2.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
#JusticeForSkullKid

He should have been a playable fighter as opposed to Link rip-off Number 567/Number 452 (Young Link And Toon Link)
I would switch out Toon Link for Skull Kid, and give Young Link some more Majora's Mask traits. Skull Kid would be a good counterpart to Young Link.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
John Dylan Smith lives to cause trouble. Thankfully, he has been shown the door. By which I mean he has been thrown out a window. By which I mean he's banned, thank God.

All Hail Me

Sarge
I am still lurking around! Still supporting skull kid! No matter what there will be 8 player games everynight here with 19 people screaming at each other, so it will be a great time.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Yeah Skull Kid is being blanketed as a temporary bandwagon fad that came and went, which is infuriating for the real fans, but I'll be here to vocalize for him when the time comes again.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
SK's support will be there always, like the moon looking down on Termina waiting for the time to come down like a Terrible Fate~

:bowser:.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Yeah Skull Kid is being blanketed as a temporary bandwagon fad that came and went, which is infuriating for the real fans, but I'll be here to vocalize for him when the time comes again.
You're definitely not alone! Let's show them that Skull Kid is as wanted and believable as King K. Rool or even Ridley!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's good to see this place isn't completely dead despite the tragedy.

I wonder how long it will take us before we get another actual Zelda newcomer. I hope this game is supported for a long time, and they give Assist Trophies a chance. I fear if the roster starts getting smaller, we won't stand much of a chance

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Look at it this way. Smash is getting more and more highly requested characters that eventually get to the point of other characters. Hopefully it is the case for SK~

:bowser:.

All Hail Me

Sarge
It's good to see this place isn't completely dead despite the tragedy.

I wonder how long it will take us before we get another actual Zelda newcomer. I hope this game is supported for a long time, and they give Assist Trophies a chance. I fear if the roster starts getting smaller, we won't stand much of a chance
I imagine this game will be supported for a while. If I remember hearing correctly, the expected lifespan of the switch is supposed to be a long one since it is pretty much combining the handheld and console market together for nintendo, so to capitalize they would want it to last. Similar to how they are trying to hang onto the 3DS to get a bit more money out of it for a little while longer.

Hoi fellow Marauders! As some of you may already know, Ultimate OST has been leaked (among other things). Here's the full version of the Termina Field remix we heard in the YLink highlight video!
If you want to listen to the other remixes leaked so far, check out Crunchii's youtube channel (BotW got some pretty cool remixes too!).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y'know, it sucks that Skull Kiddo isn't playable.

While listening to the leaked Termina Field remix, I imagined playing as Skull Kid and fighting with the music.

At least his AT is awesome, and LeakyPandy once again gave out wrong information :awesome:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, it sucks that Skull Kiddo isn't playable.

While listening to the leaked Termina Field remix, I imagined playing as Skull Kid and fighting with the music.

At least his AT is awesome, and LeakyPandy once again gave out wrong information :awesome:
Also, don't forget we have the Mii Costume. Sure, it'll be missing Skull Kid's moveset and voice, but for now at least it's a lot more than some others can say with their most-wanteds, especially since the costume has Majora's Mask and the body proportions are essentially the same. We can rally our hardest for Skull Kid to be playable when the time comes, though at least for now we've got the next best thing.

All Hail Me

Sarge
Did you guys hear about the data mining and how there are 30 empty slots for characters? If this is going to be the only smash for switch and they do want it to last 10 years, There may be hope for him eventually so they can get a lot of money out of the game.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Did you guys hear about the data mining and how there are 30 empty slots for characters? If this is going to be the only smash for switch and they do want it to last 10 years, There may be hope for him eventually so they can get a lot of money out of the game.
One thing that's worth noting about that is, if a character has an alternate costume instead of a palette swap, that costume takes up a spot. (so Bayonetta and Wario take up two spots, while Bowser Junior takes up eight) It doesn't necessarily mean thirty new characters, and it could just be placeholders in case they decide to go beyond the single season.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
How would you guys feel about playing as the mask itself, tendrils and all? I wouldn't have wanted before, but now I'm feeling like it would fill the void sufficiently and unexpectedly.

Speaking in desperation of course. But I am still serious.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel about playing as the mask itself, tendrils and all? I wouldn't have wanted before, but now I'm feeling like it would fill the void sufficiently and unexpectedly.

Speaking in desperation of course. But I am still serious.
That would be interesting, but as much as I love Majora (I feel like Majora's Incarnation might work best since given the name that's probably what it really looks like), she/he/it isn't my favorite Zelda character. Skull Kid is. True, Skull Kid can have a moveset that relies a lot on the Mask's power, but there are things he could do on his own without it.

Skull Kid as a character is fun and has a bit of a tragic backstory that makes him a likable character that you just want to befriend. That's what matters to me when I think of characters I want for Smash (like Mewtwo but he was the reason I got into Smash in the first place). Not because of moveset potential or series representation, but because I adore the character in terms of personality and/or lore and I want to be able to make that character do awesome things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom