• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I am still sad that the Chairs and the Couch were not related to SK.
But what are they for?
If they were for anything, it was probably Isabelle. Her series is about furniture in large part, after all. It's just an unfortunate coincidence that it was his exact colors.

cybersai

Smash Ace
As said, he's unlikely for DLC, and so is any other Zelda rep for that matter. Unless we get a second season of DLC in 2020 (and given Sakurai wants a break, I doubt it)

We'll likely have to wait 5+ years for the next Smash on the successor to Switch, and then hope that isn't a reboot or reduces the roster and is a continuation of Ultimate. If not...we'll be down to the core cast of every franchise and not much more.

See you guys in the far flung future of 2023. I wonder if we'll have flying cars by then.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
As said, he's unlikely for DLC, and so is any other Zelda rep for that matter. Unless we get a second season of DLC in 2020 (and given Sakurai wants a break, I doubt it)

We'll likely have to wait 5+ years for the next Smash on the successor to Switch, and then hope that isn't a reboot or reduces the roster and is a continuation of Ultimate. If not...we'll be down to the core cast of every franchise and not much more.

See you guys in the far flung future of 2023. I wonder if we'll have flying cars by then.
Flying cars are already a thing. But they are ridiculously inefficient, so the idea was dropped.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wanna give some hope to ya'll.... I really think Smash 6 will just be a port. With a whole new DLC cycle to boot. So Skull Kid might have plenty of time to be with everyone.

All Hail Me

Sarge
This is still the ultimate smash to date. It is unfortunate skull kid is a no go, but I bet the game will still be amazing. That damn piranha plant though.... at least his move set was intriguing.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
I wanna give some hope to ya'll.... I really think Smash 6 will just be a port. With a whole new DLC cycle to boot. So Skull Kid might have plenty of time to be with everyone.
I'm pretty sure he's next in line. I'm wondering when the Mii costume was made as it basically just uses his AT design and might not have been hard to make. like maybe it was made as a reaction to quell the boost in support he got. Then again i know nothing of how long Mii costumes are in development for.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't care who at this point, I just want a new Zelda character, Skull Kid was my top contender, I'll root for anyone at this point, Pig Gannon would be really cool, don't know if they would ever do that though, Impa seems the most likely though.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I honestly don't care who at this point, I just want a new Zelda character, Skull Kid was my top contender, I'll root for anyone at this point, Pig Gannon would be really cool, don't know if they would ever do that though, Impa seems the most likely though.
I don't want just ANY other Zelda representation because then Zelda is literally treated like a joke. The next Zelda rep NEEDS to be worthy and a larger part of the series legacy.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I don't want just ANY other Zelda representation because then Zelda is literally treated like a joke. The next Zelda rep NEEDS to be worthy and a larger part of the series legacy.
I mean yeah, like I don't want a character like tingles dad to make it in lol. I would hope for someone important

UserKev

Smash Champion
I mean yeah, like I don't want a character like tingles dad to make it in lol. I would hope for someone important
I'm silently opposed to Tingle but I can admit he has merit and is extremely unique. I want either Skull Kid, Ghirahim or Demise? because their legacy characters. I'll even throw in Saria even tho she comes off incredibly uninteresting to me fighting wise. Haha

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Tingle being a new Zelda rep would be such a jarring turn of events. Can you imagine one of the most unpopular Nintendo characters beating out Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Tetra, Vaati, the Champions, Lana, Ghirahim, and Linkle for that coveted spot as the sixth Zelda rep?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'm silently opposed to Tingle but I can admit he has merit and is extremely unique. I want either Skull Kid, Ghirahim or Demise? because their legacy characters. I'll even throw in Saria even tho she comes off incredibly uninteresting to me fighting wise. Haha
Ghirahim would be incredibly interesting, and his personality would show off great in smash. Unfortunate that he's a assist trophy.
Not sure about Demise, would vastly prefer Pig Gannon as the second form of Gannon. Eh Saria could be if they do her right.
I've always wanted a sage character playable, my choice would be Medli from WW, but I realize that's a unpopular pick.
And of course I want Skull Kid, but imagine if we got Majora's Wrath, that would be pretty cool.
I think a Zora should get a character given how important they're to the Zelda series as a whole.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Tingle being a new Zelda rep would be such a jarring turn of events. Can you imagine one of the most unpopular Nintendo characters beating out Skull Kid, Midna, Impa, Tetra, Vaati, the Champions, Lana, Ghirahim, and Linkle for that coveted spot as the sixth Zelda rep?
Tingle is extremely popular in Japan, so it wouldn't be that weird.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I can address the stuff I very clearly said was going to happen and didn’t. Like for instance, it seems Skull Kid for sure is not playable. I’ve said a lot of stuff as to how we came about some information. I can’t, however, tell you specifically because it wouldn’t only affect me but others.

I told you there was an Adventure Mode, I told you K. Rool was playable, I told you the theme of a script I came across waaay before it was shown in a Direct as Heroes vs Villains. I told about the Inkling’s Moveset, Ganondorf changes, Zelda’s appearance. I informed about World of Light (although didn’t know it was called that), the Adventure Mode, being the primary way of unlocking characters. I informed about trophies being discontinued. I informed about art, scripts, scene creation and other material I came across. I knew Isaac had a “new 3D model” but I didn’t have access to the confirmation of his inclusion or exclusion. Same as Skull Kid. Those two I genuinely thought were in yet I was wrong. I informed about the August Direct, November Direct, revamped Training Mode, and “new modes coming” (again didn’t know the names but knew the development of modes were added).

I do not have the complete game. I do not have complete access to development. If you can’t understand that then I don’t know what else to tell you man. I’ve worked in the industry for many years and I’ve seen people like you bring good people down and I also get that everyone claims to know stuff, but you just gotta chill. You can’t be this sensitive, specially when I have always stated that I do not know a lot of stuff. You want to held me responsible for stuff I said? Held me responsible for being an advocate of Skull Kid and Isaac. That I can give you because I took a huge assumption saying that they were to be included just in a simple fact of remodeling.

Be careful what people will tell you about what I said and didn’t say. I’ve tried to include as much of the real stuff I’ve said. You can take it or leave it.

And for those whose hopes were crushed by this, I apologize. Believe me, I’m right there with you.

I just noticed the other message. I did not say I edited the Direct. That is a lie. I have never said I’m a Nintendo employee, that’s false too. What happened in that Discord is people creating a “secure” space to try to lure me into telling them stuff I wouldn’t say anywhere else.
You literally said in our discord server that you edited the direct YOURSELF. At least own up to yourself about fake leaking.

And then tried to justify 'two familiar faces' being in the smash news of the direct by saying the second face was Pete LOL. C'mon now, don't try and play the Skull Kid community like that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Except Sakurai has said that he doesn't like to be biased towards region. He's pretty much loathed everywhere else and that Tingle's Rupee Land 2 was ages ago.
Well, that's true. That being said, he's one of the most recurring Zelda characters, he's one of the most recognizable, he's the only one to get his own spinoff series, and he's exactly the sort of weird character Sakurai would pick. Although he might be too predictable at this point to qualify as one of the "surprise" characters. :laugh: I dunno, I don't think he's as unlikely as some people do.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I know you personally hate him but Vergeben did put out a statement the other day that the Granblue negotiations likely fell through very early on based on what he has heard.
I do hate him lol; but he IS our most reliable insider so I'm learning to tolerate him xP. That would be nice if true. Granblue is really the only character I'm "anti supporting' right now. I'm not even anti supporting Steve lmao.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I can address the stuff I very clearly said was going to happen and didn’t. Like for instance, it seems Skull Kid for sure is not playable. I’ve said a lot of stuff as to how we came about some information. I can’t, however, tell you specifically because it wouldn’t only affect me but others.

I told you there was an Adventure Mode, I told you K. Rool was playable, I told you the theme of a script I came across waaay before it was shown in a Direct as Heroes vs Villains. I told about the Inkling’s Moveset, Ganondorf changes, Zelda’s appearance. I informed about World of Light (although didn’t know it was called that), the Adventure Mode, being the primary way of unlocking characters. I informed about trophies being discontinued. I informed about art, scripts, scene creation and other material I came across. I knew Isaac had a “new 3D model” but I didn’t have access to the confirmation of his inclusion or exclusion. Same as Skull Kid. Those two I genuinely thought were in yet I was wrong. I informed about the August Direct, November Direct, revamped Training Mode, and “new modes coming” (again didn’t know the names but knew the development of modes were added).

I do not have the complete game. I do not have complete access to development. If you can’t understand that then I don’t know what else to tell you man. I’ve worked in the industry for many years and I’ve seen people like you bring good people down and I also get that everyone claims to know stuff, but you just gotta chill. You can’t be this sensitive, specially when I have always stated that I do not know a lot of stuff. You want to held me responsible for stuff I said? Held me responsible for being an advocate of Skull Kid and Isaac. That I can give you because I took a huge assumption saying that they were to be included just in a simple fact of remodeling.

Be careful what people will tell you about what I said and didn’t say. I’ve tried to include as much of the real stuff I’ve said. You can take it or leave it.

And for those whose hopes were crushed by this, I apologize. Believe me, I’m right there with you.

I just noticed the other message. I did not say I edited the Direct. That is a lie. I have never said I’m a Nintendo employee, that’s false too. What happened in that Discord is people creating a “secure” space to try to lure me into telling them stuff I wouldn’t say anywhere else.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
OK, so maybe I won't fully leave, just limit myself. I mean I still want to talk about Smash. Just want to avoid finding out too much, mostly want to know some songs at this point.

Still, regardless of chance, I hope this place remains active, I know when it comes to promoting assists, we may seem to behind a few characters in the line, but I don't think it matters much. Wouldn't be the first time Skull Kid went from deconfirmed to playable.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
OK, so maybe I won't fully leave, just limit myself. I mean I still want to talk about Smash. Just want to avoid finding out too much, mostly want to know some songs at this point.

Still, regardless of chance, I hope this place remains active, I know when it comes to promoting assists, we may seem to behind a few characters in the line, but I don't think it matters much. Wouldn't be the first time Skull Kid went from deconfirmed to playable.
Hey Mr. Nintendo, listen! As we approach the light at the end of the tunnel for this era of Smash speculation, just wanted to let you know how grateful we be, you keeping Skull Kid community alive for so long, relentless fighting to ensure the world remembers his name, long before Skull Kid even hit "bandwagon" status, as other people refer to it. You recognized what an awesome character he was long before he hit the spotlight, and kept this ride going, through high and low, with no promise that your work will ever be rewarded (except by introducing new generations of people to one of Zelda's greatest games). Seriously, it takes a lot of sweat and tears to do what you do, so thanks dude. Your hard work is appreciated. And I am confident that it WILL pay off in the long run, and it be thanks to people like yourself. Looking forward to seeing you around.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I would say we are starting a competition to bring back the 5 missing giants

Skull Kid, Isaac, Geno, Waluigi, Dixie Kong

What would it be a hype if we get this 5 aß DLC in the 2. wave . Not just the big fan basis that wanted this characters, also lots of other people get hyped because of the new hope that AT can become DLC.

If this 5 big fan basis act in concert, even Sakurai couldn't say no anymore.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Honestly if they do AT promotions I'd say Skull Kid is behind only Waluigi and Isaac in terms of fan demand. Maybe Shadow, but Skull Kid has the benefit of being first party which means less negotiations are needed.

There's a good chance we get a Season 2 IMO, but whether or not it's going to be AT promotions depends entirely on if people are loud enough in wanting it. Which is why the talk on AT's such as Isaac and Skull Kid needs to continue throughout this DLC window.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
Honestly if they do AT promotions I'd say Skull Kid is behind only Waluigi and Isaac in terms of fan demand. Maybe Shadow, but Skull Kid has the benefit of being first party which means less negotiations are needed.

There's a good chance we get a Season 2 IMO, but whether or not it's going to be AT promotions depends entirely on if people are loud enough in wanting it. Which is why the talk on AT's such as Isaac and Skull Kid needs to continue throughout this DLC window.
Honestly, with Nintendo's talk of wanting to promote more DLC for established games, and the lack of any more SSB games coming out for the foreseeable future, it doesn't seem terribly unlikely that Nintendo may convince Sakurai to come back for a season 2 if demand is there, especially considering the games are so ginormously profitable. And given what Assist Trophies were designed to be in the first place - strongly requested potential fighters that just missed the cut - it doesn't seem terribly unlikely that Sakurai might decide to pull from them, especially given their DLC profitability. I doubt just any character would be considered for DLC - it would probably have to be someone with a whole lotta request. Which most assist trophies are.

While I wouldn't bank on anything, there's no reason we should stop clamoring for Skull Kid, even now. In fact, I could not think of more fertile opportunity to get Skull Kid's name out there than after the release of a Super Smash Bros. game, with DLC possibility on the horizon.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...
A new Zelda character seems more likely which excites me, perhaps a BOTW character?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder when they chose the character, if it's possible Skull Kid was already an assist trophy. And if they would choose a character who is already an assist.

If deconfirmed characters are truly deconfirmed, I wonder who they would pick? Most likely in my eyes might actually be Tetra. Impa I struggle to see as more than echo, I just don't see them looking at Hyrule Warriors.

I have to admit, seeing a Zelda character chosen over Skull Kid at this point is going to be painful.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
"The selection was made entirely by Nintendo." So it's gonna be a bunch of third parties they know people will pay for, I bet.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
"The selection was made entirely by Nintendo." So it's gonna be a bunch of third parties they know people will pay for, I bet.
But those third parties will also get an extra cut of the money, so it would be a double edged sword. I still think third parties will be likely, but they might not stack the DLC.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
or promotional 1st party characters from their own games, because people will pay for the characters regardless of who it is.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But those third parties will also get an extra cut of the money, so it would be a double edged sword. I still think third parties will be likely, but they might not stack the DLC.
That's true, but I think third parties are generally more exciting to people. No matter how you slice it, they're special.

or promotional 1st party characters from their own games, because people will pay for the characters regardless of who it is.
Maybe. Ugh, I hope it's not just a promo fest. I'd much rather see five third party characters than five characters from upcoming games that barely exist yet.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but I think third parties are generally more exciting to people. No matter how you slice it, they're special.

Maybe. Ugh, I hope it's not just a promo fest. I'd much rather see five third party characters than five characters from upcoming games that barely exist yet.
Yeah, they might wanna steer away from that if they saw the feed back from Corrin, although it doesnt have to be characters from games not out yet, it could be characters from games on the Switch already out they want to promote, I don't really have proper evidence they would do this, but maybe.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yeah, they might wanna steer away from that if they saw the feed back from Corrin, although it doesnt have to be characters from games not out yet, it could be characters from games on the Switch already out they want to promote, I don't really have proper evidence they would do this, but maybe.
Yeah, there's really no way to know yet. I mean, if we're getting a new Paper Mario, maybe he'll make the cut. Or it could be another damn FE character with a sword. :p I bet we get our first one announced at the Game Awards though, so we probably don't have long to wait!

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
Guys, Nintendo are hiring for a new Zelda game. Maybe a promo fest wouldn't be so bad....

Top Bottom