• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Downside: Kencineroar is all we got
Upside: Out of all the Spirits, I didn't see Skull Kid. And he wasn't an Assist. Or a Mii costume (I admit through all those section I was praying we wouldn't see Skull Kid and we didn't) And we know DLC is coming.

Let's rally for DLC, guys!

(Also World of Light looks amaaazzziinnggg and I love that song)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
No deconfirmation, but I'm scared. Only 5 dlc characters, and they all come with a stage?
Would they really add another Majora's Mask stage? Can Skull Kid really compete with characters from brand new franchises?

I hope so.

At least Piranha Plants utterly destroys the argument of generic enemy for Bandana Dee and Skull Kid

Honesty Piranha Plant > Ken > Dumb human dressed as a cat

loz18

Smash Cadet
Let me be the one to deliver the bad news. Skull Kid is a confirmed Assist Trophy as seen in the list on the SmashBros website.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I spotted a Skull Kid sticker/spirit, but it was for his OoT design...?

No idea what that means - maybe he's a boss/assist, but we haven't had a hard deconfirmation yet
Oot Skull Kid was a Spirit? Huh, I didn't see him anywhere and I like barely blinked in that section because I was praying he wouldn't be one. I did see the Moon as a Spirit and it's an Assist though.

Last edited:

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
my
I spotted a Skull Kid sticker/spirit, but it was for his OoT design...?

No idea what that means - maybe he's a boss/assist, but we haven't had a hard deconfirmation yet
fear is that the leveled up version of him is his MM version

also if you guys want to see him he's at the 45:50 mark in a list with others.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, but loz18 is correct :(

I was initially hopeful when I did not see him during the Direct, but he is indeed an AT.

In truth, I am a bit lost for words, not out of disappointment necessarily, but just that we truly never know what Sakurai is thinking... Ever, lol.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm confused.

Skull Kid wasn't shown on the Direct as an Assist.

It says he's an Assist on the website.

But on the "Showing off the Assists" thing above the list of aAssist Trophies, he doesn't have a visible thing while the others do (in terms of gameplay showing). And he wasn't in the Direct at all.

Is there a chance some of them are leftover from last game and it hasn't been completely updated yet?

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm confused.

Skull Kid wasn't shown on the Direct as an Assist.

It says he's an Assist on the website.

But on the "Showing off the Assists" thing above the list of aAssist Trophies, he doesn't have a visible thing while the others do (in terms of gameplay showing). And he wasn't in the Direct at all.

Is there a chance some of them are leftover from last game and it hasn't been completely updated yet?
Don't do that. Don't pretend that they are useless. We have to accept it. He is an at and Sakurai didn't care enough about him to even show it.

That doesn't bode well for the dlc either.

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
Oh so we have 2 Majora's Mask assist trophies. Have no idea why he took so long to show him as an assist.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That hurt, wasn't deconfirmed on the stream just a throwaway on the website. I even noticed the moon was the icon for the player when talking about online

Do me a favour though, don't shut up about this. Show some backlash, continue to show support here and elsewhere, continue to look to the future

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
K. Rool bro here, just wanted to come here to say I’m so sorry. I was rooting for you guys and I personally would’ve loved to see Skull Kid as a playable fighter.

Smash Apprentice
The only way today could have been worse was if Steve was confirmed imo.

Daily reminder that a generic Mario enemy was considered more worthy than Isaac or another Zelda rep. Sakurai cares more about shocking people and being unexpected. But at least he subverted your expectations!

On top of that, Springman and Rex+Pyra are bafflingly deconfirmed for no reason.

The fact that months of anticipation were ended by me scrolling down the assist trophy website page and going "Oh." Sums this about up.

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Skull Kid fans. It is not over. If we get another ballot, we now know that the ballot is used primarily for the NEXT game. So no need to feel like a vote is wasted if someone is ATd now.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Awww...

I'd assume since Sakurai has already chosen the 5 DLC fighters that any Assist Trophy is damned to remain one.

Hopefully those aren't the only 5 and we get another fighter pass, after all I doubt we'll see another Smash game for at least another 7-8 years.

Regardless, I'm still going to fight for Skull Boi!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope people continue to push for him from here on out, he might be an AT, but Sakurai is no stranger to breaking our perceived rules. He still has a chance, it might be slim, but that's no excuse for not getting our voices out there.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
We're down for now... but it's not over. Despite the massive AT genocide that occurred in this Direct and killed off the likes of Spring Man, Isaac, Shadow and Black Knight, we're still living to see another day.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Man what a load of ****ing trash. We got Tony the Tiger and a generic Mario enemy (not even Shy Guy) before we got a new Zelda character. Oh my god what is Sakurai's problem? Not to mention bringing back Isaac just to make him an assist trophy again. This **** actually feels like some kind of petty joke.

Assist trophies can go **** off and die forever. They were always a mistake.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Assist trophies can go **** off and die forever. They were always a mistake.
I've never understood this logic. Would you rather a character you like to be an assist trophy, or not in the game at all?

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
Im seeing some people thinking an AT means a character is over for next game, we need to mass inform people on this.
The ballot seems to be used primarily for the next game. If we get a new ballot, no votes should be seen as wasted anymore. Skull Kid can happen if we keep support up for next game. Make him the next Ridley and K Rool. We need to remind people of this. This is our next move I think.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I can't even bring myself to be mad about Piranha Plant. It's so unbelievably hilarious to me.

I've never understood this logic. Would you rather a character you like to be an assist trophy, or not in the game at all?
If they're not in the game at all, they can still be DLC at least. I still think it's cool for characters to get the nod though.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................Skull Kid IS AN AT????!!!! :( whyyyyyyy???? Not this character toooo??? R.I.P.....

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Because a 10th Pokemon rep is more important than our 7th Zelda character, 4th if you consider how 3 of them are just repeats.

They didn't even pick a good Pokemon, that thing was hated when it was first revealed. It's hideous. And they consider it Smash worthy? How is it they nailed Greninja but messed up so badly here? They even had more time to see who was more popular!!!! The fire line was the least liked of the Alola starters!!!! How did they screw that up so badly????

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

Easily not in the game at all. If they aren't in, they have a chance for DLC. If they're an Assist, then they can't be and we have to wait until next Smash game.

... Right? Has if ever been confirmed that Assists can't be elevated to DLC?

Top Bottom