• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Woot! Another? Can’t wait to see! Is it up yet? Got a link? You set a really great standard for future Skull Kid tributes, and I get the feeling our boi’s Star has not yet even begun to rise. On another note, I totally nominate JoyStar’s incredible tribute for front page publicity. Nothing like a good music video to capture the soul of a character, and I think JoyStar’s tale has the stuff to win over a lot of new, potential fans. What you think, Mr. Nintendo?
I intended to have it up today (well, yesterday since it's almost 2am here now) as a Halloween thing, but then I kept changing some lyrics and such so I didn't get to record everything I wanted. So it will be more of an All Souls (and Hopefully Skull Kid's in Smash) Day thing instead. XD I'll definitely put up a link when it's done though! Fair warning I wanted to do it as a big dramatic choir (with it being a ritual chant and all) but since it's just my voice and my vocal tracks kept either sounding too similar or clashing, it's just a couple voice tracks.

... Unless some of you guys wanted to lend your singing voices to it as well. :)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm confident that Skull Kid is not a boss.

But I'm very curious what's going to happen. 5 unique characters in one direct is A LOT.

Maybe we truly do still have a chance

All Hail Me

Sarge
The direct is going to be late at night for my “old” soul (I work early in the mornings) so I may be vacant from the boards to avoid spoilers and catch the direct tomorrow in the AM. Hoping for our moment and I will sign on to talk tomorrow. Good luck Masked Marauders, may the moon not come crashing down on us and remember that Majora’s Mask is still a remarkable game.

grizby2

Smash Lord
hi guys! grizby here, wishing the Masked Marauders the best of luck for tomorrow! I still believe you guys have a chance.

either way. this game is gunna be HYPE! i'll be with you guys in spirit while watching the direct!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Got to take part in a discussion about the leak.

Got to throw in some love for Skull Kid too

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Regardless of what happens with Skull Kid today it's been nice to see the huge amount of support he's gotten, it feels like he's finally gotten his due respect from the Smash fanbase. In the event that he has a role that rules him out of DLC, just remember that this hasn't all been in vain, the idea of Skull Kid in Smash has now well and truly been planted in the speculation community's heads, and this isn't a now or never moment for him, we're not talking about him because of MM3D or HW, he's a classic character and he will inevitably be brought up again once the next Smash rolls around. It'd suck having to wait that long for him, but take it from a Ridley fan, sometimes you gotta accept that these things can take time and you gotta look at it from a long term perspective, it's all worth it in the end.

That's just in case he doesn't make it in of course, I'm still crossing my fingers for him, and hopefully we'll be able to celebrate later today.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
How long until the direct starts? Anyone care to enlighten me?

7NATOR

Smash Master
from the Shadow Thread here, I have a feeling Skull Kid might show up as playable. Hope he does, The mask is cool. in any case, good luck with you guys's endeavors

icoNick

Smash Rookie
Regardless of what happens with Skull Kid today it's been nice to see the huge amount of support he's gotten, it feels like he's finally gotten his due respect from the Smash fanbase. In the event that he has a role that rules him out of DLC, just remember that this hasn't all been in vain, the idea of Skull Kid in Smash has now well and truly been planted in the speculation community's heads, and this isn't a now or never moment for him, we're not talking about him because of MM3D or HW, he's a classic character and he will inevitably be brought up again once the next Smash rolls around. It'd suck having to wait that long for him, but take it from a Ridley fan, sometimes you gotta accept that these things can take time and you gotta look at it from a long term perspective, it's all worth it in the end.

That's just in case he doesn't make it in of course, I'm still crossing my fingers for him, and hopefully we'll be able to celebrate later today.
I think Ridley and K Rool getting in early was the best thing that could happen for Skull Kid's Smash popularity. I think there is a lot of overlap for support and once they got in, Skull Kid was able to move up on people's most wanted lists.

Also, this quote seems somehow fitting:
Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
ONE HOUR LEFT

Good luck everyone!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The numbers on the clock are red and the moon hangs low above the Clock Tower. A terrible fate awaits, but will that fate be handed to the imp with the mask...or his competition on the battlefield?

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
Well whatever happens, try not to get too disappointed if Skull Kid doesn't get in. At this point I'm not expected him in but will be pleasantly surprise if he's in. If he's not shown at all, hope for DLC.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The final hour, though not by any means Skull Kid's final chance

Best of luck!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just keep in mind that, as long as he's not an assist trophy, he's still an option for DLC. If he's not shown in this Direct, make noise on social media (or, if we get another Smash Ballot for whatever reason, vote on that) to show that you want him in - it worked for K. Rool, at the very least!

cybersai

Smash Ace
And in addition to that, I'm glad the Zelda fanbase as a whole can rally behind one character. Not scattered between Impa, Midna, Pig Ganon, Vaati, Giraghim, etc. I mean sure, I'd like some of those characters too, but the mere fact that the Zelda fanbase could never get behind the same character is probably why we never got a newcomer after 17 years.

If everyone just focuses on getting Skull Kid into Smash, it'd probably happen eventually. As said, even among casual fans Skull Kid is now a Smash request when he wasn't before, if he's not a boss we could get him by DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Well look on the bright side, Skull Kid's assist is still mysteriously absent, and he doesn't appear to be a boss.

So Skull Kid really is not in the game at all right now?

loz18

Smash Cadet
Don’t worry. There’s still 5 fighters yet to be revealed and Skull Kid is not an Assist Trophy.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Not only that, but there were almost no bosses shown. He might still be one of those, but currently he lives as a hope for DLC.

icoNick

Smash Rookie
Did anybody see him anywhere in the video? I didn't, we have a good shot at DLC

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
hoooh boy, i think theres going to be a war over this Grinch leak.

So i saw skull kid as a spirit, although I saw no majoras mask, that and it was using Oot art (Shadow skin and lips with the flute). plus Geno is also a spirit, and Isaac is an assist which were his main competition. I hope they stick to Nintendo franchises this time around

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I spotted a Skull Kid sticker/spirit, but it was for his OoT design...?

No idea what that means - maybe he's a boss/assist, but we haven't had a hard deconfirmation yet

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
Well there's still hope for him as DLC, there are still 5 more fighters aside from piranha plant, he could still be one of those 5

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't think spirits would de-confirm a character either, it looked like almost every character who isn't playable is a spirit.

His Assist is really gone though. So he's possible for DLC.

Top Bottom