• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cap’nKazam

Smash Apprentice
So, I’ve not been able find a video with an assist trophy disappearing with the sparkle effect yet - only got summoned trophies - so that’s a good thing. I also can’t seem to find good footage that isn’t blurry, so jury’s still out. On the other hand, the sparkles appear higher on the map than they should for a character (likely Samus) activating it over their head, and again, Samus’s placement on the map just doesn’t make sense with the timing of the effect, considering the effect itself appears rather instantaneously after a summoning, and it doesn’t seem like Samus would have had enough time to move as far as she did unless the sparkles had been delayed somehow. Not to mention, if the Moon was the only thing appearing, what caused the “sparkling away” effect near Samus to begin with? Something about that footage doesn’t add up.

For reference, I’m currently contrasting assist trophies (particularly Takamaru) found in this video:
https://nintendotoday.com/20-minutes-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate-gameplay/
And the original Moon footage here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ski7C5yO30I

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
The Moon Assist is also on the site, there is no Skull Kid there summoning him. He's not part of that Assist at all.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Funny how people used to say Skull Kid would be the perfect Halloween reveal? Well the direct is Nov. 1st, the day right after Halloween. Kind of ironic.
Also November 1st is during All Soul's Day, and during the time of the Mexican holiday Dio de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead. Which has you know.... skulls and masks and stuff...

Correlation may not equal causation, I just find it funny.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So, I’ve not been able find a video with an assist trophy disappearing with the sparkle effect yet - only got summoned trophies - so that’s a good thing. I also can’t seem to find good footage that isn’t blurry, so jury’s still out. On the other hand, the sparkles appear higher on the map than they should for a character (likely Samus) activating it over their head, and again, Samus’s placement on the map just doesn’t make sense with the timing of the effect, considering the effect itself appears rather instantaneously after a summoning, and it doesn’t seem like Samus would have had enough time to move as far as she did unless the sparkles had been delayed somehow. Not to mention, if the Moon was the only thing appearing, what was “sparkling away” near Samus to begin with? Something about that footage doesn’t add up.

For reference, I’m currently contrasting assist trophies (particularly Takamaru) found in this video:
Hmm. That's intriguing. I wonder if it was some coincidental, unrelated effect? I know that's a stretch, but it still just seems really odd to me that they would hide Skull Kid, not once but twice now, if he was part of the AT.

Unrelated, but I just wanted to apologize to C cybersai for how I've acted about the possibility of Skull Kid being in the banner. I'm still not convinced he's there, but I was way too antagonistic about it. So, if the banner leak turns out to be true and Skull Kid is present, I'll change my username to something like "a big idiot" until the game launches!

Smash Apprentice
Honestly the worst thing about Skull Kid being a boss is that LeakyPandy would be right

Have they even ever made any other Smash predictions that haven't been deconfirmed?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Honestly the worst thing about Skull Kid being a boss is that LeakyPandy would be right

Have they even ever made any other Smash predictions that haven't been deconfirmed?
Nope, but supposedly there's a first time for everything.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LeakyPandy did say we'd get a Direct on the week of the 5th when talking about Smash.

So, they got that wrong :troll: I don't know if they said this week anytime after that or not.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Remember Skull Kid is 100% in the game in some form, 80% playable.

Whatever that means. Here's hoping.

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
Hmm. That's intriguing. I wonder if it was some coincidental, unrelated effect? I know that's a stretch, but it still just seems really odd to me that they would hide Skull Kid, not once but twice now, if he was part of the AT.

Unrelated, but I just wanted to apologize to C cybersai for how I've acted about the possibility of Skull Kid being in the banner. I'm still not convinced he's there, but I was way too antagonistic about it. So, if the banner leak turns out to be true and Skull Kid is present, I'll change my username to something like "a big idiot" until the game launches!
It's best to be skeptical, as I am, then you're not disappointed!

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Skull Kid gets in I'll never ask for another Zelda rep again (honestly)

Wouldn't mind Impa as a Shiek echo, but other than that I'm off the Zelda train for Smash. Unless Sakurai finally de-clones Ganondorf after 5 games...but god knows that will never happen.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Side note, can't get this music out of my head. It's amazing!

Forest Temple music is amazing: OoT absolutely nailed it when it came to atmospheric dungeon music.

Anyways, Thursday's direct brings a lot of possibilities. I'm sceptical that Skull Kid will be in the base game, but if he's in I'll be over the moon (badum tish). Even if he's confirmed DLC, it'll all be good (I've waited 10 years for the guy, I can wait a few months longer). Speaking of DLC, IIRC there's been some talk among certain insiders re DLC (nothing concrete, just suggesting that it's going to be big) and Nintendo's CEO also seems to be big on DLC given what he said the other day. I think this could really help Skull Kid's chances in the long run: Ultimate isn't on a underperforming system and there aren't any new Smash games on the near horizon, so they're really gonna milk this game in terms of DLC.

Also, question: insiders are saying a lot of contradictory things about who's in, who isn't and what bits of the Grinch leak may or may not be real. Some have said that there are missing characters, with the biggest consensus being Incineroar. Guessing nobody's said anything about Skull Kid? Even if not, it might not quite be the end yet: characters have gone unleaked before (Richter, K Rool) and could be going unleaked still ....

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Forest Temple music is amazing: OoT absolutely nailed it when it came to atmospheric dungeon music.

Anyways, Thursday's direct brings a lot of possibilities. I'm sceptical that Skull Kid will be in the base game, but if he's in I'll be over the moon (badum tish). Even if he's confirmed DLC, it'll all be good (I've waited 10 years for the guy, I can wait a few months longer). Speaking of DLC, IIRC there's been some talk among certain insiders re DLC (nothing concrete, just suggesting that it's going to be big) and Nintendo's CEO also seems to be big on DLC given what he said the other day. I think this could really help Skull Kid's chances in the long run: Ultimate isn't on a underperforming system and there aren't any new Smash games on the near horizon, so they're really gonna milk this game in terms of DLC.

Also, question: insiders are saying a lot of contradictory things about who's in, who isn't and what bits of the Grinch leak may or may not be real. Some have said that there are missing characters, with the biggest consensus being Incineroar. Guessing nobody's said anything about Skull Kid? Even if not, it might not quite be the end yet: characters have gone unleaked before (Richter, K Rool) and could be going unleaked still ....
Only one person ever leaked Skull Kid, and while he had some real information a few months prior regarding E3, it seems like everything after that, including Skull Kid, may have been false. We'll know soon enough though!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
(and let's be honest, if it was between Skull Kid being a boss or him just being an assist trophy - or not in the game at all - a Skull Kid boss would be something to be really happy about).
I'd be happier if he wasn't in the game at all and was front and center for DLC instead of him being put into a NEVER EVER role to be perfectly honest.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
So, I’ve not been able find a video with an assist trophy disappearing with the sparkle effect yet - only got summoned trophies - so that’s a good thing. I also can’t seem to find good footage that isn’t blurry, so jury’s still out. On the other hand, the sparkles appear higher on the map than they should for a character (likely Samus) activating it over their head, and again, Samus’s placement on the map just doesn’t make sense with the timing of the effect, considering the effect itself appears rather instantaneously after a summoning, and it doesn’t seem like Samus would have had enough time to move as far as she did unless the sparkles had been delayed somehow. Not to mention, if the Moon was the only thing appearing, what caused the “sparkling away” effect near Samus to begin with? Something about that footage doesn’t add up.

those sparkles have given me the most fear out of anything. i almost wonder if he was initially part of the AT but after the chairs and loz18 they removed him and were hush hush about his inclusion for DLC.
still I don't get how that was an Assist as it was activated off stage, just seems kind of awkward,

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
got my set of etika reaction gifs ready for skull kid information on Thursday

cybersai

Smash Ace
Whelp, half the Grinch leak characters are being debunked. I wonder what this bodes for Skull Kid.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Source please?
ResetEra admins said Banjo is not in the game at all, Vergeben said Isaac is an Assist. Emily Rogers also said several other characters on the leak are assists, and I assume she's talking about either Chorus Kids, Mach Rider or even Shadow.

As far as I know, only Geno and Ken haven't been debunked yet.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
ResetEra admins said Banjo is not in the game at all, Vergeben said Isaac is an Assist. Emily Rogers also said several other characters on the leak are assists, and I assume she's talking about either Chorus Kids, Mach Rider or even Shadow.

As far as I know, only Geno and Ken haven't been debunked yet.
That's not debunking, that's trusting people's words with no evidence to back it up.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Man...can you imagine Isaac being an AT for a game, then being missing, then coming back as an AT? That hurts.

EDIT: Imagine that's Skull Kid. That would suck.

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Skull Kid is not a boss.

Look, every boss in SSB history has had a rather large hitbox. Skull Kid is tiny AF. If they were going to make a boss out of Majora's Mask, it would be just that: the mask without Skull Kid attached. Skull Kid has never actually been a boss, merely a character and villainous force with cut-scenes and dialogue. The biggest argument against his validity as a character, "he never actually does anything," is also the biggest reason why he couldn't make a good boss fight, and a contradictory point for naysayers. But the mask, oh hell yeah. I actually want to see Majora and its forms as a boss fight more than anything else in this suspected story mode. Consider this on top of Sakurai's new consiencious approach to fanservice, where he is literally giving us the characters we always wanted for around 15 years. Consider this on top of the fact that MM is the most popular Zelda that currently doesn't have a character, in Ultimate's diverse repping of the franchise, and what better way than our pint-sized puppet vessel with a following, who dons the titular mask? Consider the fact that we are a subset of SSB fans that are dedicated and vocal, willing to pay for Skull Kid as DLC and yield enormous profit for Nintendo in doing so? Consider the fact that classic franchises Metroid and DK finally have their most requested characters, while Zelda is still essentially the same it's been since Melee.

I'm not saying that Skull Kid is base game, but that Sakurai is making too many smart decisions with Ultimate to **** up Skull Kid's hotly demanded slot in Ultimate. Does he really want to tease us left and right, with the moon AT and our boy being missing, just to spite us in a most hurtful way?

Just want to calm the doubts I'm seeing that Skull Kid could still be a boss. I find it very hard to believe, literally just impossible.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kid's chances now depend if his assist was just not shown like Isaac's, apparently. lol

But I doubt it.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
verysleepywolf verysleepywolf I wish I had your confidence in this matter, but I don't. I have this unsettling feeling that Skull Kid could be the preamble to a Majora's Wrath fight. He might not do much to you directly in MM, but his TP incarnation has stuff to work with for at least part of a boss battle.

I'm not going either way on this issue (I'm legitimately torn nearly 50/50 on his chances), but there's always the chance that something weird and unfortunate happens. Sakurai has broken many "rules" over the course of the Smash series, and "bosses are always big" could be next on that list. Like I said earlier, there could be a new class of smaller bosses in this game, like Marx, Black Knight, maybe Metal Sonic or even Shadow (if he's not playable, I would find it weird if Knuckles just...replaced him after two games and he was gone entirely, so if he's not playable, he might have another role), and obviously Skull Kid.

I just can't write off the possibility, unfortunately.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, the only way I can see Skull Kid as a boss is he starts off floating in the background attacking you with puppets like the ones from Twilight Princess and then transforms into Majora's Wrath for the main boss battle.

It sucks, but I can see it done that way. I just hope he is playable.

Please let me get at least one more character I actually want...lol

Dear Marauders, it has been a wild ride but the wait is almost over! No matter what is revealed in thursday's direct, just wanted to tell you it is always a pleasure to exchange ideas and opinions with you all. In other words, you're awesome.

Here's to hoping we'll keep it going in the form of a Skull Kid Social Thread. If not, my support for the Imp is eternal so i'll stick around until he's in the game no matter how long it takes. Oh and aslo:

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Dropping by to wish you guys luck, I think everyone is stressed out due to the leak but nothing is set in stone till that Direct drops!

cybersai

Smash Ace
SKull Kid's model is in the game in some form.....if he's not an assist he could be boss to playable, who knows

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
SKull Kid's model is in the game in some form.....if he's not an assist he could be boss to playable, who knows
I think he has a great shot being playable at base game, but if his model isn't in the game at all, then we should still rejoice! This would leave him in a good position to be rallied for dlc! :)

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
One way or the other, it'll be good to finally know his role in the game.

...unless he's nowhere to be seen, in which case the torture continues. :roll:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't see Skull Kid being revealed but that's what would make his reveal so Halloween esque. Haha

Top Bottom