• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
In a way I can kind of see him if I try hard enough and imagine, but given how tough it is to do so, I'm still going to have to stay on the "don't see it" wagon.

1) If that's Skull Kid, I kind of have to wonder what the heck he's even doing, lol.
2) Segueing from point 1, why isn't there more vibrant colour being seen? Particularly above and below Majora's Mask where Skull Kid clearly should sport vibrant oranges, reds or even greens.
3) Tatl looks way too green if that's the case. Tael I can kind of understand though.
4) When I look at the outline of the Mach Rider's bike wheel and imagine it, it looks much more logical to me.
5) How did the leaker happen to "forget" that Skull Kid's in the photo?

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who doesn't even believe the leak in the first place and thinks it's a pile of bologna that is seriously going to disappoint and hurt a lot of people (God help us all if Isaac and Geno don't actually get in now, because the hype train is real), but I'm really not seeing it LOL. If I try hard enough I can see it I suppose, but from a more objective and non-biased view, I would never guess that was supposed to be Skull Kid if I never previously imagined it, especially with the points I made above in mind.

Last edited:

Nintendo64isking

Smash Rookie
BTW guys, do you ever think Majoras mask could appear as a villain in a future zelda game? I'd love for Breath of the Wild's follow up to involve the mask somehow, with Link once again exploring beyond the boundaries of Hyrule, using the the same engine as MM did with OOTs assets.

I really would love for a more complex version of the time cycle system with more days involved to return, because that was truly pioneering with the great side-quests and pushed that game beyond any zelda game IMO. I feel that with today's industry standards having risen it could be something truly magnificent.

Last edited:

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
BTW guys, do you ever think Majoras mask could appear as a villain in a future zelda game? I'd love for Breath of the Wild's follow up to involve the mask somehow, with Link once again exploring beyond the boundaries of Hyrule, using the the same engine as MM did with OOTs assets.

I really would love for a more complex version of the time cycle system with more days involved to return, because that was truly pioneering with the great side-quests and pushed that game beyond any zelda game IMO. I feel that with today's industry standards having risen it could be something truly magnificent.
I always thought it would be cool, to see where the mask came from. in my headcannon its not a carved or crafted mask, but rather a mask made from the song of healing on some demonic creature.

Smash Apprentice

Personally the only context I'd be interested in seeing Majora in again is in the Downfall or (maybe) Flood timelines, although I think the general cartoony tone of the Flood timeline games wouldn't be the most perfect of fits. I don't want to see the version of Majora that got vanquished in MM to "return", nor do I want to learn the specifics of its origin. I think part of Majora's arresting and entrancing presence is how alien and mysterious it is.

Alias1431

Smash Rookie
New to Smashboards, could I be added to the support list? Been a fan of SK for a long time and he's slowly grown into my favourite video game character.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Hey,

I have done some work and trace Mach Rider etc. I also believed for a long time that
there is no chance for Skull Kid to be in the banner, but later I noticed something. I thought
the whole time that you can see the back of the motorbike, but I think it is only the ear of
inkling and a cloud.

http://www.netupload.de/s/1225/tFFtFQ09.html

https://wccftech.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak-characters/

If you look at Mach Riders and Roys leg you will see that there is definitely
something in front of them (other color). I don't know if my posture is really
correct, but I think this could be a possibility.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey, I just noticed something about Mach Rider...

If Skull Kid is actually there, it looks like Mach Rider could be looking down at him; at least, based on where the helmet's visor is...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hey,

I have done some work and trace Mach Rider etc. I also believed for a long time that
there is no chance for Skull Kid to be in the banner, but later I noticed something. I thought
the whole time that you can see the back of the motorbike, but I think it is only the ear of
inkling and a cloud.

http://www.netupload.de/s/1225/tFFtFQ09.html

https://wccftech.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-leak-characters/

If you look at Mach Riders and Roys leg you will see that there is definitely
something in front of them (other color). I don't know if my posture is really
correct, but I think this could be a possibility.
This is too painful, it's just such an awkward position, I can't bring myself to believe in this.

I hope it is him though

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
Why should this be painfull or an awkward position?
Just imagine, you lie with your belly on a couch/bed an you bend your legs, so that the
underside of your feets show to the ceiling.
Skull Kid has the same position but he is floating instead of lying. I also don't think that Skull Kid feels something ^^

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
But why are his colours so dark? Every other character matches their own colours. But Skull Kid lacks his orange and green. Even the mask doesn't seem to have the colours needed

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But why are his colours so dark? Every other character matches their own colours. But Skull Kid lacks his orange and green. Even the mask doesn't seem to have the colours needed
I have an idea that he may be transparent, similar to his entrance in MM where the Mask fades in and then Skull Kid himself.

Mach Rider themself seems to be looking down at Skull Kid as if they're thinking "what the heck is going on?", at least based on their head's positioning (the visor makes it seem like they're looking downwards towards where Skull Kid might be).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I still think it's just the bike, and the blurr is causing an illusion. I mean, I swear I see the bike in there, or at least the outline of it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Look at any NES image or Smash bros. trophy of the Mach Bike, it looks nothing like in that image. Sure you can say the Mach Bike may be redesigned for Smash, but I don't think the front would look heart shaped with spikes coming out of it with two headlights.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Look at any NES image or Smash bros. trophy of the Mach Bike, it looks nothing like in that image. Sure you can say the Mach Bike may be redesigned for Smash, but I don't think the front would look heart shaped with spikes coming out of it with two headlights.
Well it's clear we are dealing with a new version of the Mach Rider from that trophy, so it's likely the bike will be different as well.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
For ****'s sake, people, how are we still talking about this? It's not Skull Kid.

If it was Skull Kid, the colors would be right. If it was Skull Kid, he would stand out. If it was Skull Kid, he wouldn't be getting run over by Mach Rider's bike. If it was Skull Kid, more people than the ones who desperately want him would be saying so. If it was Skull Kid...we would know.

This is the most desperate we've ever looked. The ****ing chairs are legitimately more convincing than this inane straw-grasping conspiracy theory we're peddling. You're getting people's hopes up only to crush them. Skull Kid is not in this image.

Let it go.

Last edited:

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
For ****'s sake, people, how are we still talking about this? It's not Skull Kid.

If it was Skull Kid, the colors would be right. If it was Skull Kid, he would stand out. If it was Skull Kid, he wouldn't be getting run over by Mach Rider's bike. If it was Skull Kid, more people than the ones who desperately want him would be saying so. If it was Skull Kid...we would know.

This is the most desperate we've ever looked. The ****ing chairs are legitimately more convincing than this inane straw-grasping conspiracy theory we're peddling. You're getting people's hopes up only to crush them. Skull Kid is not in this image.

Let it go.
Yep, basically. Not even mentioning how hard we are putting stuff in an image that people like artsy Omni are finding probably fake with some good Photoshop reasoning.

Let it go people.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Hate to say it, but this is probably the most likely situation (except maybe the woman figure?)
1540599958186.gif

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Happy Majora's Mask Anniversary, everyone! And speaking of, my tribute video is FINALLY done! I had such a fun time working on it and I'm so graetful to my friend Melodiva for voicing Majora!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Y'know what, there's no use beating around the bush.

A month ago, I bought Majora's Mask on the 3DS and was really glad I made that decision because I miss it alot. It was around the time when I started to miss the Zelda series.

I used to believe that Skull Kid would make an awesome addition as he's one of my favorite characters in the series. After having my interest in the Zelda series rekindled once again, here I am.

I have never played Hyrule Warriors but I've seen Skull Kid on action there and his move-set looks pretty killer.

Majora's Mask is my favorite game in the entire series. Please add me in as a supporter for this support thread. Skull Kid FTW. :)

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Happy Majora's Mask Anniversary, everyone! And speaking of, my tribute video is FINALLY done! I had such a fun time working on it and I'm so graetful to my friend Melodiva for voicing Majora!
Got round to watching it and it was great!! While it is a shame you didn't have any reveal trailer footage, I think it worked out great in the end.

icoNick

Smash Rookie
Just joined so I could place my support for Skull Kid. Has been at least my second most-wanted since Brawl. After Little Mac got in, it has been easy for me to say he is my most wanted. Voted for him in the ballot.

I can see Skull Kid but the coloring is enough for me to think he probably isn't in that picture. But I love it either way. Any glimmer of hope is enough to keep me optimistic for him.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I have a question to all the people that don't believe there is Skull Kid. Pls zoom in the banner and look exactly at Mach Rider's and Roy's leg. You will see that there is something in front of them, a part of the dark green color. If would be impossible for the motorbike to reach this position.

I also don't know for sure why are the colors of Skull Kid are not the same, but there are also other colors that are looking different. In the original banner Roy's cap is lila, but in the leak banner it is blue.

icoNick

Smash Rookie
I agree that dark green spot seems odd. And I agree that the coloring of some other parts of the banner seem a little weird. But, I feel like the "eye" color is too different for me to feel comfortable thinking he is in the banner.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
"Can't wait until it's night time so I can test these bad boys out."

"Wait what do you mean motorcycle lights look stupid as **** sitting all lopsided down at an angle looking like a landslide?"

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hello, just a wandering KOS-MOS supporter here, but I wanted to add my thoughts to this discussion. For my part, I decided to take this blurry mask-looking blob from another angle. That is to say, rather than asking "is that Majora's Mask?" I instead asked, "Is that the Mach Bike?"

From what I can gather, unless Sakurai opted to completely redesign one of the aspects most core to Mach Rider's character... no. No it is not.

The original Mach Bike is near pure white, pictured below

You'll note that the Mach Bike does not have dual-headlights, but a mono-light. Take that with the fact that the blurry area of the image does not match up with its white color scheme, and it's pretty clear that Mach Rider's original motorcycle would not look like that.

So we've ruled out the original Mach Bike, what other depictions do we have to work with? The main one that comes to mind for me is the Trophy used for Mach Rider in Melee.

Assuming this were the bike in question, certain aspects line up. Namely the color scheme. This grey-black Mach Bike would be much more likely to create the dark shadowy area we see in the banner. However, the headlight problem surfaces again: while this Mach Bike has a grill over the headlight, it's still quite clearly a mono-light, and regardless of how blurry the image is, were you to assume this headlight was on in the banner, there is not a scenario in which this headlight would create two entirely distinct orbs of light. Also, if you took it to instead be the mounted turrets, that's a no go, as even if they were in the banner, they're much too far apart to create the "eyes" people believe to see.

Try as I might, I could not find any official rendition of the Mach Bike that has a dual-headlight, much less with lights so low to the ground. Which is to say, whatever that strange, blurred, glowy-eyed looking smear in front of Mach Rider is, it's not the Mach Bike.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yep.

And look you can see pupils in Skull Kid's eyes in this one:

Are those not pupils? Looks nothing like headlights.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think he necessarily redesigned, but it's common for Sakurai to add details to older designs.

I don't think it's headlights, but a side view.

I don't want to get my hopes up anyway over a dark blur

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
ITS THE COLOR OF THE GROUND PEOPLE, THEY ARE SPACES THAT LET YOU SEE THE BACKGROUND, LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE IS RECOGNIZABLE IN THE PICTURE, STOP THIS.

SamDunk

Smash Cadet
I was confident in Skull Kid's chances after the moon assist was shown off, but at this point I'm starting to finally lean towards him being a boss. This banner leak seems fairly legit, and I really just don't see Skull Kid in that banner. I'm getting flashbacks to the Ridley shadow theories (which I bought into because I wanted him in so bad and later felt pretty dumb about).

I will say this; if he turns out to be a boss, don't give up the DLC hope. The idea that characters already in the game (be it as Assist Trophies or anything) can't be changed into playable characters through DLC is totally a fan made-up rule, just like the old ideas that "third parties can't have more than one rep" or "Toon Link won't be playable in Smash 4 cause he's on the Spirit Tracks stage". DLC is merely a change made to an already existing game, usually to please the fans, and if there's demand for Skull Kid to be playable, Sakurai can make it happen.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Everyone here wants SK in smash, but no, that's not SK..... Transparent? Hiding?.... Seriously? Does he ever hide in the game when wearing the mask? Totally the opposite! He just ran in front of everyone ruinning their lives! He even stands in the top of the clock tower and even mocks you if you watch him using the telescope...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It wouldn't be the first time Skull Kid was deconfirmed, only to be added later.

Remember in Hyrule Warriors he was a part of Young Links focus spirit attack, bringing down the moon. But this didn't stop them adding him later. He still appears in Young Links attack, but is also playable.

That said, not a boss. I'm confident in that.

Smash Apprentice
The eyes of Majora's Mask are not headlights, they're two spaces between the spokes on the front wheel.

I'm worried that Sakurai "upgraded" Skull Kid into a boss. I doubt he was given the Isaac treatment and removed from the game entirely, but I hope this is the case. Skull Kid will never be playable if he is also a boss. Fighting a boss Skull Kid as Skull Kid would be weird, and the only way I could see Sakurai doing this is if the Skull Kid boss battle is removed when you download Skull Kid, which is unprecedented. I don't think he'd retroactively remove single player content from the game.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The only way I can see us getting Skull Kid if he's a boss is if he's not actually who you fight, but just in a cutscene before a fight with Majora. That, or some strange miracle where he's a boss in story mode in the same way as shadow Bowser in SsE, with a full or partial fighter moveset, and then Skull Kid gets patched in later. Kinda like the story mode in SFV. In this particular dream, story mode would be the only place you fight him; he wouldn't show up in a theoretical boss rush mode, because shadow Bowser and giant shadow Diddy didn't show up there either. That way you never fight Skull Kid as Skull Kid.

I'm pretty sure he will be a boss if he's not playable. I don't see them removing him from the game entirely like they did to Isaac, unless in an unprecedented move Sakurai decides to relegate someone to DLC ahead of time. (I guess that could be what happened to Bandana Dee, considering he's nowhere to be seen even in places he should be.) With all the Majora's Mask content we were lucky enough to get this time, cutting Skull Kid from the game entirely seems ridiculous.

ThomasMagmar

Smash Cadet
I am still wondering why noone else could see what I see. It is difficult to show, so I try to descripe

Look at the first leaked banner. The banner that was fanmade is wrong.
First look at Mach Rider's red boot. You can see that this boots are in front of Inklings ear. The ear isn't
completly shown.
Next look at the original banner of Nintendo with good quality. In this area you can see that every
character has the same position instead of Inkling who is moved left and Roy who is moved a bit
deeper (compare his foot with the one of Mega Man).
Also look at Inkling you can see that she has a white point in her ear next to the end of the weapon.
If you look left of Wolfs feet you can see a kind of mountain chain above the sky and above there a long cloud.

And this are exact the things you also see in the banner leak. In the original banner you couldn't see the background
in this area because there was Inklings head, but now she has been moved.
Like I wrote before you can see in the leak exactly the same things. First look at the white point at Inklings ear above
that there is the mountain chain, then the sky and then a cloud. Left of the cloud is Wolf's foot and right is the shoulder
of Mach Rider.

So what I want to say: There is no motorbike!!! Mach Rider stand salone with a weapon in his left hand and you can
only see his right leg. Another thing what many people see wrong. You see Mach Rider's blue leg direct above his leg
is something red, this is his belt and not his glove. Right of the bell there are 3 points one white one yellow and one purple/red
This red/purple colour is also different from the red of his shoulders or boot. So I think this isn't his glove because it would
be also to small.
If you look again at Mach Rider's leg you can see that there is something green above the blue. It is impossible that this could
be a part of a posbile bike.
Then direct above the helmet of Mach Rider or left of his weapon you can see something white. This is the tail of wolf.

Perhaps some people now understand my picture a little bit more. I am also not 100% sure if Skull Kid is in or if this is his
position of him, but as longer as I look at the leak banner as surer I am that there is no motorbike and that there is definitly something
above Mach Rider.

http://www.netupload.de/s/1225/tFFtFQ09.jpg

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
First look at Mach Rider's red boot. You can see that this boots are in front of Inklings ear. The ear isn't
completly shown.
Except it isn't, even in your own outline there's an entire strip of red outside of where you've drawn the ear that would finish rounding it off, and there's no possible way for Mach Rider to be in front of Inkling from their positioning, so even if you're seeing it that way the first explanations should be a) an inconsistency that points to fake by mistaken layering or b) a loss of detail thanks to the low resolution (blurring will create a combined area between 2 colours that were boardering eachother that may not even be either colour).

Right of the bell there are 3 points one white one yellow and one purple/red
The white is you label as wings is well positioned to be a belt buckle, and the blobs you lable as the fairy's are only 'too small' to be hands (I don't believe they are) because it's obstructed by the bike/mask...the red isn't anything close to purple and the colour is the same as the belt...furthermore that colour discrepancy (if there were one) would again be the result of the low resolution blending boardering colours.

If you look again at Mach Rider's leg you can see that there is something green above the blue. It is impossible that this could be a part of a posbile bike.
How is that impossible?

Just look at all that sticks out from the bike in the trophy.

This also ignores the other issue with your positioning in that if Skull Kid is in a pose that positions their body behind them then where the hell has Mach Rider's other leg gone?

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Fighting a boss Skull Kid as Skull Kid would be weird
And yet Skull Kid fighting red Skull Kid, blue Skull Kid, and dark Skull Kid on the Great Bay stage with the Moon assist trophy out would be normal looking?

Top Bottom