• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masked Marauders - Skull Kid For Smash! Night of the Last Day.

What's your favourite transformation in Majora's Mask?

• Deku Link

• Goron Link

• Zora Link

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Smashdown theory is just bad. Sakurai would never design the roster # for a single game mode.....smh. Also, two people cannot pick the same character. Sakurai clearly stated in the August Direct that you can pick a character your friends are good with before they can pick them. (Means no mirror picks in Smashdown)

Let it die. We will be able to play Smashdown with 1 to 8 players. The mode will probably end when there are not an equal # of players to fighters left.
This.

Please, I can barely stand the box theory, let's not give attention to one that a million times more nonsense.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I've been hearing the leaker who supported Skull Kid (loz18) was exposed as a fraud. I figured someone here would know about it, and I don't wanna randomly scroll through the pages, so can someone let me know what happened with him.

Dr Bones

Smash Cadet
he's gotten the content of 2 directs wrong and at one point said Isaac was in and then implied that Isaac wouldn't make it. other than that he's just been super cryptic and flaky with his info. he HEAVILY hinted that SK would be in the last direct and was wrong.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
he's gotten the content of 2 directs wrong and at one point said Isaac was in and then implied that Isaac wouldn't make it. other than that he's just been super cryptic and flaky with his info. he HEAVILY hinted that SK would be in the last direct and was wrong.
Thanks.

Sounds like a hack to me. Because of the chairs, almost everyone was expecting Skull Kid in this last direct.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Someone asked leakypandy today if they still think Skull Kid is a boss, and he replies he's 100% sure. It's in the replies to his latest tweets if you want to look.

I really hope he's wrong

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Someone asked leakypandy today if they still think Skull Kid is a boss, and he replies he's 100% sure. It's in the replies to his latest tweets if you want to look.

I really hope he's wrong
Leakypanda is not someone anyone should seriously consider

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just wonder why he's so sure. He keeps saying 100% and reaffirmed it several times over the last month, instead of saying "probably" or "maybe."

Since Skull Kid's Assist was removed, he can really be only one of two things, a boss or playable.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So, 80 characters could be what we get. 80 happens to be divisible by four. The roster needs to be divisible by four for smashdown to work. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
But subtract 5 because Miis aren't included and Pokémon Trainer is 3 characters in 1 slot.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I really want a Majora boss fight.

Attaching Skull Kid to Majora for a boss fight is unnecessary since the mask has its three forms, no kiddo needed. They could even invent new attack patterns for Majora. I doubt we saw all that the mask was capable of. It would be an amazing tribute. Making Skull Kid the boss would be a backwards move, butchering the potential of the boss fight and chopping him as a character. I'm confident Sakurai identifies this.

Even if we get a Majora boss and Skull Kid is still nowhere to be found, I'll be ecstatic. As long as he isn't shown in the game as a boss, AT, etc. When base game launches and Skull Kid is missing, he's all but confirmed as dlc (in my own mind, anyways).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
You never know when somebody with a shaky (or even nonexistent) track record will actually get something right. It could happen. It would be stupid if he were a boss, but it's not impossible.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I know it's obvious, but Skill Kid's chances really depend how many other newcomers we're getting after Incineroar. There's still the possibility of Dixie, Isaac and Geno specifically, Skull Kid may have been viewed as less priority and then just made a boss even if he was originally considered playable.

The Zelda franchise has never been given a new rep after Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, everything just variations of them, so who knows.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid's chances are not affected by how many other newcomers are after a certain newcomer.

The chances of a character being playable depends on a lot of variables, and reliance on other characters or slots is definitely not among them.

The Event Mask

Smash Cadet
I think the reason some people believe LeakyPandy is because those people want it to be true. A lot of people have the mindset that if Skull Kid gets in then their character won't, which isn't the case at all .LeakyPandy has very little credibility, if at all, yet those people will ignore that fact to suite their desire. if I had to guess why LeakyPandy is so confident, he's either making it up himself or his "source" is the same kind of source that told Vergeben that Donkey Kong wasn't going to get any more reps, which was false information .LeakyPandy might also seem confident because he realizes he has no credibility so it's not going to hurt him either way if he's wrong.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I really want a Majora boss fight.

Attaching Skull Kid to Majora for a boss fight is unnecessary since the mask has its three forms, no kiddo needed. They could even invent new attack patterns for Majora. I doubt we saw all that the mask was capable of. It would be an amazing tribute. Making Skull Kid the boss would be a backwards move, butchering the potential of the boss fight and chopping him as a character. I'm confident Sakurai identifies this.

Even if we get a Majora boss and Skull Kid is still nowhere to be found, I'll be ecstatic. As long as he isn't shown in the game as a boss, AT, etc. When base game launches and Skull Kid is missing, he's all but confirmed as dlc (in my own mind, anyways).
Uh... Nobody wants a skull kid that's not wearing Majora's mask. And I can't see why they would use only the mask as a boss either... Like what would be the decision making process from Sakurai to think that would be the best option...

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

Sounds like a hack to me. Because of the chairs, almost everyone was expecting Skull Kid in this last direct.
Chairs w/ Pillow theory isnt really out the window until we see Sakurai in a different room. It's what the whole theory is based on.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
Skull kiddo still has a lot of things in his favor, regardless of what Loz18 has said. I wont lose hope. I wont cry until it's all over.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Skull Kiddo also has to deal with the music theory, I don't know if that works in our favor.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Skull Kiddo also has to deal with the music theory, I don't know if that works in our favor.
I am going to be having a hearty laugh at your expense if we end up getting Vaati's theme... But that isn't likely to happen.

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
I really think the Music theory is pretty damning, although I'm sort of reluctant to believe that Sakurai would allow such an easy method of narrowing down/deconfirming newcomers to just lay out in the open.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Chairs w/ Pillow theory isnt really out the window until we see Sakurai in a different room. It's what the whole theory is based on.
I hope the next Smash Direct just has Sakurai in a featureless white room. Can't tease new characters with the furniture if there's no furniture at all.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If Skull Kid really doesn't get in he's my ballot choice for sure. Only other character I want more is Dixie but I think she has a shot.

I mean anyone else is either inevitable, or other people will vote for anyway, so there's not much else for me to vote for

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yep, the music has all but convinced me now. Sad as it makes me, I don't think he's gonna be playable.

But if we get another chance to show support, I'm absolutely voting for him.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So, excluding echoes, we haven't gotten a song on the Smash website from a series with a newcomer until after the newcomer was revealed. We got a Metroid song after Ridley was revealed, we got a DK song after K. Rool was revealed, and now we've gotten an Animal Crossing song after Isabelle's reveal (which we know was delayed due to the Direct, and thus her reveal trailer, being delayed). We also haven't gotten a second song for any series up until now.

Zelda was the very first series to get a song on the website.

The pattern could change, but the fact that they delayed the AC song until Isabelle was revealed pretty much confirms it.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Uh... Nobody wants a skull kid that's not wearing Majora's mask.
You misunderstood me.

Skull Kid needs the mask. Wearing the mask is why he has his following, without it he is a pretty bland and undeserving character. I'm not sure where you assumed I was implying that he could be without the mask.

And I can't see why they would use only the mask as a boss either... Like what would be the decision making process from Sakurai to think that would be the best option...
The final boss of MM is the mask, Skull Kid not included. Have you beaten MM? I can see how one would make this assumption if not.

The next argument at this point is usually, "uh... if playable Skull Kid is wearing the mask, how can Majora also be a boss?" Zelda can fight Sheik, Samus can fight Zamus, Mario can fight Dr Mario, all three Links are there, Lucina and Chrom both fight with the Parallel Falchion...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
^Not unique enough to stand toe-to-toe with other demanded Zelda characters.
Eh, that's true.

While he could still have his puppets, Tatl & Tael, an ocarina, and a flute...there's not much actual unique moveset potential without the mask, since that would allow more special move-potential and trickery with magic. The other stuff just fits Skull Kid on his own more, as an NPC or normal character like Link if they wanted to make a Zelda game out of him...

Last edited:

bnderstandable

Smash Rookie
So, excluding echoes, we haven't gotten a song on the Smash website from a series with a newcomer until after the newcomer was revealed. We got a Metroid song after Ridley was revealed, we got a DK song after K. Rool was revealed, and now we've gotten an Animal Crossing song after Isabelle's reveal (which we know was delayed due to the Direct, and thus her reveal trailer, being delayed). We also haven't gotten a second song for any series up until now.

Zelda was the very first series to get a song on the website.

The pattern could change, but the fact that they delayed the AC song until Isabelle was revealed pretty much confirms it.

I wouldn’t put my money on any “theories” until Nintendo says something. Like someone earlier im the thread said, there are at least a 100 new music tracks, and only one gets shown off every week. Do you really think SAKURAI of all people would allow something so blatantly obvious if he wasn’t trolling? I don’t believe it for a second.

Besides, all Castlevania music is new but only one is gonna be put on the site until launch? Nah.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I wouldn’t put my money on any “theories” until Nintendo says something. Like someone earlier im the thread said, there are at least a 100 new music tracks, and only one gets shown off every week. Do you really think SAKURAI of all people would allow something so blatantly obvious if he wasn’t trolling? I don’t believe it for a second.

Besides, all Castlevania music is new but only one is gonna be put on the site until launch? Nah.
Just giving you my take. Feel free to disagree.

bnderstandable

Smash Rookie
I wouldn’t put my money on any “theories” until Nintendo says something. Like someone earlier im the thread said, there are at over a 100 new music tracks, and only one gets shown off every week. Do you really think SAKURAI of all people would allow something so blatantly obvious if he wasn’t trolling? I don’t believe it for a second.

I wouldn’t put my money on any “theories” until Nintendo says something. Like someone earlier im the thread said, there are at least a 100 new music tracks, and only one gets shown off every week. There’s still plenty of music hasn’t had time to been added.

KingMinjo91

Smash Apprentice
I hope the next Smash Direct just has Sakurai in a featureless white room. Can't tease new characters with the furniture if there's no furniture at all.
That would be funny. I actually dont recall, but have people ever looked at the furniture in a Sakurai room as a hint before? Or is the skull kid pattern (or DK stuff in the previous direct if that is to be believed) the first instance of this happening?

Top Bottom